Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

2014 Ordered/Built/Delivered Thread

Search this Thread

Old 6/4/13, 11:14 AM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by dmichaels
Where did you find that lighter? My wife would roll her eyes every time I use that... I need one
Congrats on the delivery. I may have a delivery date, but I'm holding my excitement until Deysha can confirm the details.

I picked up the lighter at Home Depot. It's obvious that I'm among like minded people, here at TMS.

I painted a black stripe on mine as well. I've not found a way to add a spoiler yet, but I've had it for less than 24 hours.

Last edited by PonyOx; 6/4/13 at 11:16 AM.
Old 6/4/13, 12:23 PM
V6 Member

Would like to track our 2014 order

Hi Keysha,
My good friend ordered a 2014 V-6 convertible last week from Columbia Ford, in Columbia, CT and we would like to track the scheduling, build and delivery. I did it for my 2006 GT on this site and it was a blast. I dont recall, but can you tell me how to get started.

Thanks
Chris
Old 6/4/13, 12:28 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Remford
Of course they do. Vehicles will be left in various states of completion throughout the facility until the line resumes. How would you operate a shift-oriented plant otherwise?

Because Romeo needs to supply so many engines which it can only produce at a certain rate and other vendors similarly supply other components and assemblies to as close to a just in time basis as possible, X will be made each day/week/month whether or not there are custom orders which is also why dealers must, at least to a significant extent, use their allocations within a window or they're either going to get a unit Ford decides to configure for them or not at all.

Amid all this, Ford needs to ensure an even distribution of product mix, geographic distribution and hit scores of other moving targets that are all part of supplying a national (and international) network of dealers with a consistent supply of product which requires an even distribution of product to fill the trains and/or trucks that ultimately transport them to each store.

It's possible to order at precisely the right time according to each cycle in the process and get a car sooner but it's generally only by dumb luck for a car to arrive any sooner than 7 weeks plus shipping which is geography dependent even without holiday and other seasonal downtime factored in.

Only rarely will a scheduled car ever NOT get built. Once there's a VIN, the car's getting built whether it's wanted or not and only rarely will the build date be longer than three working weeks from when it's assigned. From there, it just needs to move through the many stages of a process designed to ensure 90,000 units a get made rather than any particular one or two.

Some occasional discretion does exist to pull forward retail orders in place of "push" units when the schedule can accommodate them, but only if every step happens at the right time of its respective cycle from when YOUR dealer orders to when every OTHER dealer orders and if other retail orders are competing for the same priority.

I've ordered a bunch, and the waiting always sucks. If your car arrives any sooner than twelve weeks, you're ahead of the game. Anything sooner than seven is a miracle of coincidence. It's tough not to wonder if each day will be "the day", but I speak from experience that focusing so intently upon it only runs the risk of resenting it once it arrives. Eight weeks in, there's so little anybody anywhere could do to influence the date it ultimately arrives that there's nothing you really want anybody to do anyway since the risk of disrupting its delivery is greater than accelerating it.

As long as your dealer has been forthright, it's in the same boat as you and just as much at the mercy of the 90,000 as you are. People can and do occasionally walk away from retail orders they've placed out of impatience, even after their order has been scheduled and VIN assigned. But unless a person happens to prefer black on black equipped with every option but a glass roof or is wide open as to the car he/she wants, the total number cars in a particular, stripe and option combination built during an entire year is far likelier to exist in twos and threes than dozens or scores, with about half already having been pre-sold.

Notwithstanding that much of Ford's present ordering infrastructure was a also used to built Granadas, Mavericks and LTDs, even if it were to spend hundreds of millions to implement the most technologically-advanced ordering and fulfillment systems and processes possible, the logistical limitations of building all Mustangs from a single plant and line would likely prevent more rapid fulfillment of retail orders by any appreciable degree - though both lines being converted to fully-flexible manufacturing architecture when S550 and Fusion start production would certainly help, in the same way having a second source for making Fusions could allow bespoke orders to be built on more of an on demand basis without disrupting the general supply of vehicles that originate elsewhere.

You're almost there. The less you're able to obsess in the meantime, the happier you'll be when it arrives.

Good post, one of the better ones I've read in this thread or anything having to do with ordering/building/waiting etc.
Old 6/4/13, 12:39 PM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by maverick1125
Deysha
Can you answer my PM? I last heard my car was scheduled last week but I don't have a vin#, sticker or delivery date.
It hasn’t scheduled, maverick1125. Have you spoken to your dealer since my last PM?

Originally Posted by saparish
Say what, Deysha. The plant is down this week????? So does that mean those of us that had cars that started last week are just sitting on the line? I thought the plant was closing the end of June and July.
Yup. They caught me off guard, saparish.

Originally Posted by PonyOx
Waiting on info from the dealer for order tracking.
Settled for a grabber blue lighter today instead. I could hear my wife rolling her eyes as I picked it off of the display.
Lol! Welcome and congrats, PonyOx! Be sure to send me your dealer’s name and order number so I can track it for you.

Originally Posted by danster68
HI Deysha
Due to the plant being on shut down, does this mean that the cars that are awaiting to be shipped are also stopped from shipping this week?
Thx as always!!!
Dan
Shipping does not stop when the plant is down, danster68.

Originally Posted by Ajcruz1
Shipping will continue even if the plant is shutdown
Thanks, Ajcruz1!

Got a call from my dealer around 8:30pm this evening. Car has arrived!!
Manager called me to make sure he had my request list right No front plate, no tire shine, no dealer stickers on the car, etc, etc
Tomorrow around 5pm will pick her up!!
Woo hoo!! Congrats, dmichaels!

Originally Posted by saparish
Deysha, we need your expertise. Do they leave cars sitting on the line when the plant idles for a week? I talked to SVT and they said the plant was running 20 hours a day and it takes 18 hours to build a car. I was told if the car was in the body shop last Thursday then it should be done. Can you confirm? Is my car awaiting delivery? Sorry to be a pain in the backside, I ran out of patience a couple weeks ago. Waiting on a Shelby is not easy for someone with no patience. LOL
saparish, the plant shut downs are not announced. Therefore, SVT does not have the info of when it shuts down. They can only go by the same system we all use to check on orders. Your vehicle is still in the plant and it will finish building on the date shown on your window sticker.

Originally Posted by emba129
Hi Keysha,
My good friend ordered a 2014 V-6 convertible last week from Columbia Ford, in Columbia, CT and we would like to track the scheduling, build and delivery. I did it for my 2006 GT on this site and it was a blast. I dont recall, but can you tell me how to get started.

Thanks
Chris
Not sure if you saw my other post, emba129. But, will you please send me another PM with your dealer’s name and order number so I can help?

Deysha
Old 6/4/13, 01:20 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
From The Detroit News:

Flat Rock Ford plant to be idled

Flat Rock plant to produce Ford Fusion this summer

Last edited by Snoopy49; 6/4/13 at 01:26 PM.
Old 6/4/13, 01:29 PM

Deysha:
I am new to the group and sent a PM to you, but figured I would try this way also.
I placed an order for Grabber Blue/White Strip 2014 GT500 (with SVTPP and electronic package) on 4/3, and after 2 months still on "In Order Processing/Material Hold". Could you find out what the delay is? I sent the Order and Dealer numbers in the PM.
I am very pleased to see the remarks people are making about you; you seem to be the miracle worker. Hope that ends up applying to me as well.
Thanks for any information you can provide.
DrMac

Last edited by DrMac; 6/4/13 at 03:42 PM.
Old 6/4/13, 01:51 PM
GT Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Deysha...I ordered my car at the end of April, is there a reason it hasn't been scheduled yet?

I talked to the dealer and no one understands why Ford hasn't done anything with my order yet. It's getting frustrating since I need a second car now since the tornado took my 4 vehicles. I got all my insurance money and I'm ready to buy NOW. Seeing how other people are getting their cars delivered by now it's hard to understand the inconsistancy on Ford's part.
Old 6/4/13, 05:06 PM
V6 Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
My car hit the lot late yesterday. Can't get to it until Saturday though. They had to tell two people already she was spoken for. I'll be finding a pics thread as soon as she gets in.
Old 6/4/13, 05:59 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Remford

Of course they do. Vehicles will be left in various states of completion throughout the facility until the line resumes. How would you operate a shift-oriented plant otherwise?

Because Romeo needs to supply so many engines which it can only produce at a certain rate and other vendors similarly supply other components and assemblies to as close to a just in time basis as possible, X will be made each day/week/month whether or not there are custom orders which is also why dealers must, at least to a significant extent, use their allocations within a window or they're either going to get a unit Ford decides to configure for them or not at all.

Amid all this, Ford needs to ensure an even distribution of product mix, geographic distribution and hit scores of other moving targets that are all part of supplying a national (and international) network of dealers with a consistent supply of product which requires an even distribution of product to fill the trains and/or trucks that ultimately transport them to each store.

It's possible to order at precisely the right time according to each cycle in the process and get a car sooner but it's generally only by dumb luck for a car to arrive any sooner than 7 weeks plus shipping which is geography dependent even without holiday and other seasonal downtime factored in.

Only rarely will a scheduled car ever NOT get built. Once there's a VIN, the car's getting built whether it's wanted or not and only rarely will the build date be longer than three working weeks from when it's assigned. From there, it just needs to move through the many stages of a process designed to ensure 90,000 units a get made rather than any particular one or two.

Some occasional discretion does exist to pull forward retail orders in place of "push" units when the schedule can accommodate them, but only if every step happens at the right time of its respective cycle from when YOUR dealer orders to when every OTHER dealer orders and if other retail orders are competing for the same priority.

I've ordered a bunch, and the waiting always sucks. If your car arrives any sooner than twelve weeks, you're ahead of the game. Anything sooner than seven is a miracle of coincidence. It's tough not to wonder if each day will be "the day", but I speak from experience that focusing so intently upon it only runs the risk of resenting it once it arrives. Eight weeks in, there's so little anybody anywhere could do to influence the date it ultimately arrives that there's nothing you really want anybody to do anyway since the risk of disrupting its delivery is greater than accelerating it.

As long as your dealer has been forthright, it's in the same boat as you and just as much at the mercy of the 90,000 as you are. People can and do occasionally walk away from retail orders they've placed out of impatience, even after their order has been scheduled and VIN assigned. But unless a person happens to prefer black on black equipped with every option but a glass roof or is wide open as to the car he/she wants, the total number cars in a particular, stripe and option combination built during an entire year is far likelier to exist in twos and threes than dozens or scores, with about half already having been pre-sold.

Notwithstanding that much of Ford's present ordering infrastructure was a also used to built Granadas, Mavericks and LTDs, even if it were to spend hundreds of millions to implement the most technologically-advanced ordering and fulfillment systems and processes possible, the logistical limitations of building all Mustangs from a single plant and line would likely prevent more rapid fulfillment of retail orders by any appreciable degree - though both lines being converted to fully-flexible manufacturing architecture when S550 and Fusion start production would certainly help, in the same way having a second source for making Fusions could allow bespoke orders to be built on more of an on demand basis without disrupting the general supply of vehicles that originate elsewhere.

You're almost there. The less you're able to obsess in the meantime, the happier you'll be when it arrives.
Thanks Remford, great post. I was doing good until I found out my car started into production last Thursday. I figured it would roll of the line this week, get it's glass roof, and then make the 60 mile journey to my dealer in Ann Arbor. I was just shocked when I saw Deysha say the plant was closed this week. We have all been hoping our cars get built before the long shutdown at the end of the month, so this one caught me off guard. Makes since now why my car went into production last week and has a blend date of 6/11. If all goes well when the plant reopens, I should have the car in 11 weeks order to delivery. Came home today to find part of my order from Revan Racing and my Zaino car care products had arrived. This delay will allow a little extra time for everything to get here before Lyla comes home.
Old 6/4/13, 06:19 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 111 Likes on 101 Posts
Aaaaannnndddd here are the first pictures!

Only drove 7 miles from dealership to my house so far, but will put some miles on tomorrow and write up my first impressions!

Very first impressions - awesome

Recaro's are phenomenal - they fit me perfectly. Excellent support, comfy too. And look great!

Just like the one I rented a while back, everything is placed perfectly with just seat adjustments. I like the steering wheel just where it is, don't need telescoping at all (thankfully).

2014 Ordered/Built/Delivered Thread-photo.jpg

2014 Ordered/Built/Delivered Thread-photo-2-.jpg

2014 Ordered/Built/Delivered Thread-photo-1-.jpg

Last edited by dmichaels; 6/4/13 at 06:21 PM.
Old 6/4/13, 06:42 PM
Mach 1 Member

Nice great color
Old 6/4/13, 07:31 PM
V6 Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Very nice. The Recaro seats look nicer in your pics then they do on the Ford website.
Old 6/4/13, 08:42 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by Cyle
Very nice. The Recaro seats look nicer in your pics then they do on the Ford website.
haha you're right actually... I'll get some better ones tomorrow with the good camera. They really look excellent... my wife just took a ride in the car with me and she loves the seats too. Little low for her, but she's 5'2.
Old 6/5/13, 07:52 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by Snoopy49
Thanks, Snoopy49!

Originally Posted by DrMac
Deysha:
I am new to the group and sent a PM to you, but figured I would try this way also.
Welcome and thanks for the PM, DrMac! I’ll get back to you as soon as possible.

Deysha...I ordered my car at the end of April, is there a reason it hasn't been scheduled yet?
Orders are scheduled based the following criteria, maverick1125:
-the priority code rating
-the dealer's allocation for each production week
-the ordered option content
-the receipt date
The receipt date is a factor when breaking ties for orders with the same priority code. Therefore, the date is the last factor. You need to speak to your dealer about changing your priority code if possible, due to your circumstances.

Originally Posted by Cyle
My car hit the lot late yesterday. Can't get to it until Saturday though. They had to tell two people already she was spoken for. I'll be finding a pics thread as soon as she gets in.
Woo hoo! Congrats, Cyle!

Aaaaannnndddd here are the first pictures!
Only drove 7 miles from dealership to my house so far, but will put some miles on tomorrow and write up my first impressions!

Very first impressions - awesome

Recaro's are phenomenal - they fit me perfectly. Excellent support, comfy too. And look great!
Niiiice!!!

Deysha
Old 6/5/13, 08:10 AM
GT Member

haha you're right actually... I'll get some better ones tomorrow with the good camera. They really look excellent... my wife just took a ride in the car with me and she loves the seats too. Little low for her, but she's 5'2.
Great car, dmichaels! That Grabber Blue is awesome. I'll wait for your follow-on pix with the "good camera" before i show my son...since it's his favorite color. Can't wait see them and hear more about your driving impressions. Congrats!!!
Old 6/5/13, 08:51 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by Dinosoar
Great car, dmichaels! That Grabber Blue is awesome. I'll wait for your follow-on pix with the "good camera" before i show my son...since it's his favorite color. Can't wait see them and hear more about your driving impressions. Congrats!!!
I will hopefully get some pics tonight with the digital SLR.

May have some more driving impressions by this evening too... Brought the ca to work today to show off obviously! Will put a few miles on this afternoon & evening
Old 6/5/13, 12:09 PM
GT Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Since the plant is now closed and there is no way that the car I ordered in April will be here when I go back to work June 19 I'm going to plan B.

I did a search on Autotrader and found a car simular to what I ordered only 200 miles away. It is grabber blue with the appearance package PLUS the tech package with auto trans.

The dealer said they would go get the car for me and with all the new rebates I will be paying the same for the car with the extra options as I would have if my car would have came right away.

SO.....I should have my car by next week unless my bad luck streak continues.

Let's hope they don't wreck it when they drive it back.
Old 6/5/13, 12:32 PM
Cobra Member

Since the plant is now closed and there is no way that the car I ordered in April will be here when I go back to work June 19 I'm going to plan B.

I did a search on Autotrader and found a car simular to what I ordered only 200 miles away. It is grabber blue with the appearance package PLUS the tech package with auto trans.

The dealer said they would go get the car for me and with all the new rebates I will be paying the same for the car with the extra options as I would have if my car would have came right away.

SO.....I should have my car by next week unless my bad luck streak continues.

Let's hope they don't wreck it when they drive it back.
Congrats Mav. Hope it works out for you. Yo u should tell them you want to drive it back!
Old 6/5/13, 12:54 PM

2014 V6 Premium Coupe, auto, Pony Package Grabber Blue

Ordered 5/14/13
Old 6/5/13, 01:27 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by JDMontana
2014 V6 Premium Coupe, auto, Pony Package Grabber Blue

Ordered 5/14/13
Excellent color choice!

Quick Reply: 2014 Ordered/Built/Delivered Thread