2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}

2014 Ordered/Built/Delivered Thread

Search this Thread

Old 6/5/13 | 09:39 PM

Got news that my GT is about 45 minutes away waiting on a truck to drive it on over.. ETA is 06/12 which is the day I get back in town.. Perfect welcome home gift.

That grabber blue is awesome man.. If I wasn't addicted to black, I'm sure that'd be my first pick.

Gotta throw out my plenty thanks to deysha for dealing with my annoyance over the past month. It is safe to say, I'm never ordering a car again... I no longer feel I'm a patient man.
Old 6/5/13 | 11:33 PM

It's all good and worth the wait to get EXACTLY what you want. I had the dealer search and there just wasn't anything out there in inventory in the States in my desired configuration. The initial quote was 6-8 weeks, but now I'm looking at more like 4-5 weeks and I really can't complain much about that for a custom order. I know it can be done faster having worked for BMW SC and others but you know, this is the car I want. I'm so happy to share the anticipation and journey with all the owners to be and REALLY appreciative that Ford has embraced customer service in the online community (aka Deysha). Because we all deep down love (loathe) the dealership experience....

Funny experience on the recaros...I'm doing the whole ordering thing and my 17-year old is pretty much in "I can't believe my mom is ordering this car" mode and I tell him to go check out the Shelby on the floor. I wander over and he is just in car heaven sitting in the drivers seat under the panoramic roof dreaming...except that he has this massive shoulder span and just plain doesn't fit in the recaros at all! He'd have to go concave to fit. He's not even flush with the seat. Too funny....not going to be a racecar driver I suspect. Wide shoulders and Recaros...maybe not a match made in heaven.

I loved my 1995 GT even tho it ended up a lemon (blame that on the dealer) and my 1997 GT replacement courtesy of Ford was my Golden Pony (Aztec Gold with white top). In all honesty, this car scares the crap out of me in HP terms but I'll struggle through my fears.

I've been bouncing from F150's/F350's and a mushy 1996 lincoln and frankly I'm so ready for a real car.

Any day now...ETA 6/11 but it was done 5/29.

Maybe the weekend? Whenever...it will be a Rag Top Day!
Old 6/5/13 | 11:40 PM

OH - the reason I replied...black on black GT premium convertible with brembos and comfort package. I wish they would bring back the jewel tones but I'll settle for gold stripes.
Old 6/6/13 | 08:51 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Originally Posted by maverick1125
Since the plant is now closed and there is no way that the car I ordered in April will be here when I go back to work June 19 I'm going to plan B.

I did a search on Autotrader and found a car simular to what I ordered only 200 miles away. It is grabber blue with the appearance package PLUS the tech package with auto trans.
Please keep me posted, maverick1125.

Originally Posted by Braun13
Got news that my GT is about 45 minutes away waiting on a truck to drive it on over.. ETA is 06/12 which is the day I get back in town.. Perfect welcome home gift.
That grabber blue is awesome man.. If I wasn't addicted to black, I'm sure that'd be my first pick.
Gotta throw out my plenty thanks to deysha for dealing with my annoyance over the past month. It is safe to say, I'm never ordering a car again... I no longer feel I'm a patient man.
Lol! You’re very welcome, Braun13!

Originally Posted by 2014RagTopDay
It's all good and worth the wait to get EXACTLY what you want. I had the dealer search and there just wasn't anything out there in inventory in the States in my desired configuration. The initial quote was 6-8 weeks, but now I'm looking at more like 4-5 weeks and I really can't complain much about that for a custom order. I know it can be done faster having worked for BMW SC and others but you know, this is the car I want. I'm so happy to share the anticipation and journey with all the owners to be and REALLY appreciative that Ford has embraced customer service in the online community (aka Deysha). Because we all deep down love (loathe) the dealership experience....
It’s already on its way, 2014RagTopDay!

Deysha
Old 6/6/13 | 09:10 AM

Hi folks, new user and future pony owner here. Figured I'd share my info/frustrations as well:

2014 GT Premium, Deep Impact Blue, Glass Roof

4/26 - Order
4/30 - DORA
......?!?!?!?

Here's to hoping it gets built before the shutdown!

Last edited by Whiplash78; 6/6/13 at 10:02 AM.
Old 6/6/13 | 10:29 AM

Shelby order

Hello, I'm new to the forum.

I ordered a GT500 through the Exchange service for military and civilians serving abroad. I managed to get one of the 30 allotted to us for this year. I received my vin # the other day through the Exchange email, but have been unable to find out any other info.

Perhaps you can help me out Deysha? I am due to be home from this deployment in a few weeks and can't wait to take delivery.

Thanks everyone.
Old 6/6/13 | 12:08 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by Whiplash78
Hi folks, new user and future pony owner here. Figured I'd share my info/frustrations as well:

2014 GT Premium, Deep Impact Blue, Glass Roof

4/26 - Order
4/30 - DORA
......?!?!?!?

Here's to hoping it gets built before the shutdown!
Probably built already. Mine was ordered April 13 and was delivered to my dealer June 3rd. If yours is on the same timeline it hopefully was built last week
Old 6/6/13 | 12:09 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by Softballer77
Hello, I'm new to the forum.

I ordered a GT500 through the Exchange service for military and civilians serving abroad. I managed to get one of the 30 allotted to us for this year. I received my vin # the other day through the Exchange email, but have been unable to find out any other info.

Perhaps you can help me out Deysha? I am due to be home from this deployment in a few weeks and can't wait to take delivery.

Thanks everyone.
Congrats on the order hope it arrives in time for your return to the US!
Old 6/6/13 | 05:00 PM
GT Member

Just bought a factory order three days ago, 6/3/13.

2014 Manual, Oxford White, GT Premium, Glass Top and Rear Camera

Is there a way to speed up the order or at least keep the "ball" rolling, so that it comes sooner than later? Feel like a little kid waiting on Christmas morning!

Last edited by Spark; 6/6/13 at 05:09 PM.
Old 6/6/13 | 06:30 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Spark
Just bought a factory order three days ago, 6/3/13.

2014 Manual, Oxford White, GT Premium, Glass Top and Rear Camera

Is there a way to speed up the order or at least keep the "ball" rolling, so that it comes sooner than later? Feel like a little kid waiting on Christmas morning!
Join the crowd Spark, this thread is actually named "excruciating pain and suffering waiting on your Mustang". The time moves by pretty quickly. Work all day, watch YouTube Mustang videos at night, repeat the next day. My Shelby went into production last Thursday which got me very excited. Found out the other day that the plant is closed this week and my car is stranded on the line. Hopefully that will be the last time Ford kicks me in the nuts. =). Just remember, nothing great comes without a wait.

Last edited by saparish; 6/6/13 at 06:32 PM.
Old 6/6/13 | 09:27 PM
GT Member

I really hope all of you guys get your cars soon! i have a friend who ordered a GT premium a week after I ordered my car (4/20 for me) and I got mine 2 weeks ago and his hasn't been built yet and with the factory closed this week, he's pretty sad. I only have a V6 premium but I'm sure to give him plenty of rides to keep him pumped for his.

Also, I have no way to make a visualization for you all, but I'm curious as to the consensus of the crowd. I have the sterling gray, and i got equip option 201A which came with the black side stripe. I've been thinking about over the top stripes and I definitely want the dual (prob 10") over the top stripes, but can't decide on color. black makes sense to match the side stripe but I also think a deeper red would be cool and unique. but that requires replacing the black side stripe...pain in the ***! I had a friend from work suggest black over the top stripes and a thin stripe on the outsides of those in red and to accent the side stripe in the deep red as well...thoughts? Here's the car as is...unfortunately with iPhone hope to take legit pics soon

And here's someone on this forum's SG with the stripe pattern i want but the thin ones would be a deeper ruby red

Old 6/6/13 | 11:32 PM

Good Morning Deysha

Just sent u PM about getting an update on my Shelby order.
Old 6/7/13 | 07:21 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by mkj5013
I really hope all of you guys get your cars soon! i have a friend who ordered a GT premium a week after I ordered my car (4/20 for me) and I got mine 2 weeks ago and his hasn't been built yet and with the factory closed this week, he's pretty sad. I only have a V6 premium but I'm sure to give him plenty of rides to keep him pumped for his.

Also, I have no way to make a visualization for you all, but I'm curious as to the consensus of the crowd. I have the sterling gray, and i got equip option 201A which came with the black side stripe. I've been thinking about over the top stripes and I definitely want the dual (prob 10") over the top stripes, but can't decide on color. black makes sense to match the side stripe but I also think a deeper red would be cool and unique. but that requires replacing the black side stripe...pain in the ***! I had a friend from work suggest black over the top stripes and a thin stripe on the outsides of those in red and to accent the side stripe in the deep red as well...thoughts? Here's the car as is...unfortunately with iPhone hope to take legit pics soon

And here's someone on this forum's SG with the stripe pattern i want but the thin ones would be a deeper ruby red
The black with red stripes would be unique and just ruby red stripe would look best imo. Either way the car looks awesome!

Last edited by Ajcruz1; 6/7/13 at 07:22 AM.
Old 6/7/13 | 07:48 AM

Woo got my VIN from Deysha.

To the stripes; I'm really not much of a stripe fan but that last SG w/ matte black and matching wheels is pretty hot. Your idea of the main black stripes and ruby red pin stripes might be nice. Get some matching red calipers to go with it.
Old 6/7/13 | 10:10 AM
GT Member

UPDATE:

I had to go to plan C. The dealer in Texas were being jerks and wouldn't make a deal with my dealer to get me my grabber blue car with appearance package. I got frustrated and tired of it all. It must be fate that I shouldn't get a grabber blue mustang.

While checking out my dealers stock I saw they just got in a beautiful Race Red base model with the tech package and only 3 miles on it. Race red was my second color choice so I just said let's do this.

The dealer was so nice they let me take the car out and drive it for a day to see how I like it. I love it. Race red is an amazing color in person.

So after months of research and planning to order my car, waiting 6 weeks to see Ford do nothing with my order, it only took about 2 minutes to realize the car I really wanted was sitting right there.

It was almost like destiny for my new mustang and me to be at the right place at the right time.

I'm finally a very happy 2014 mustang owner!
Old 6/7/13 | 10:25 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by maverick1125
UPDATE:

I had to go to plan C. The dealer in Texas were being jerks and wouldn't make a deal with my dealer to get me my grabber blue car with appearance package. I got frustrated and tired of it all. It must be fate that I shouldn't get a grabber blue mustang.

While checking out my dealers stock I saw they just got in a beautiful Race Red base model with the tech package and only 3 miles on it. Race red was my second color choice so I just said let's do this.

The dealer was so nice they let me take the car out and drive it for a day to see how I like it. I love it. Race red is an amazing color in person.

So after months of research and planning to order my car, waiting 6 weeks to see Ford do nothing with my order, it only took about 2 minutes to realize the car I really wanted was sitting right there.

It was almost like destiny for my new mustang and me to be at the right place at the right time.

I'm finally a very happy 2014 mustang owner!
Glad it all worked out maverick. On a side note, I have always been told to never try to get a car transferred to your local dealer, too much of a pain in the backside. Your dealer has to have something they want, etc. I was always told if you find the car you want somewhere else, go deal directly with that dealer, regardless of how far away it is. I will be joining you in the Race Red family very soon. Hope you and your family are doing well after the devastating storms. Congrats on the new car.

Scott
Old 6/7/13 | 10:37 AM
GT Member

Glad you got it worked out maverick. Sounds like a glimmer of light in an otherwise tough time. Always exciting to see someone get their new mustang!

I appreciate the comments on the stripe. I really like the caliper color idea. I'll have to keep thinking on this before I decide on it for sure. I have some time because I think I want to paint them on but that's a little pricey for me at the moment
Old 6/7/13 | 02:11 PM
V6 Member

Our GT 500 Order Experience

Good Morning - - I have a 2014 black /red stripe/glass roof GT 500 on order as a surprise present for my lovely wife. Unfortunately, like some of you, I have been on a bit of an odyssey.

About a month ago I started the order process with the local, small town dealer, closest to our home. The first thing I did was to go to dealer #1 in person to verify they could in fact order a GT 500. Dealer #1 indicated this was no problem. Within 24 hours of my personal appearance, this dealer called me to say that the car we wanted was on hold for me in the Ford computer based on their request. After several more weeks of haggling agreeing to a price, etc., I received a call saying they were mistaken and they could not get the car. I was frosted because they wasted so much of my time. Then, their sales manager called. He admitted to me that they never had any GT 500 allocation because he forgot to apply for one. Yet, he was upset because I was annoyed they had wasted weeks of my time. Ford is smart to have a person like Deysha around to clean up behind Ford dealers like, dealer #1.

So after a lot of searching I finally find dealer #2 located 150 miles away. Dealer #2 has an allocation for one GT 500 but this allocation was already on order. However, it was not pre-sold. After a meeting of the minds and viewing the Franklin Brothers, dealer #2 went the extra mile, cancelled the car already on order and substituted an order for my wife’s little black and red present. However, this order was not entered with Ford until earlier this week. This was not due to any fault on the part of dealer #2. They have been great. They want my business and I want the car. The delay is because the sales manager at dealer #1 needs to find another line of work.

Now, after overcoming what I had thought was the last hurdle, I find this thread and join this forum. I read every post. You and Deysha have brought me up to speed. Unfortunately, I learned about the Flat Rock plant shut down. My guess is my wife’s present will not get built before the July shutdown. So am I correct in saying that this car will still be built after July or did the time I wasted with dealer #1 cost us the car?

Perhaps Deysha can perform another miracle?

Old 6/7/13 | 02:38 PM
GT Member

According to the articles and online sources, 2014 model year Mustangs will continue to be built at Flat Rock after the June/July idle.
Old 6/7/13 | 03:03 PM
V6 Member

Thanks Scott. My concern is over the posts that say the purpose of the July shutdown is to train personnel to build Ford Fusions, presumably at Flat Rock. I have also heard that 2014 will be a short model year given the intended introduction of the redesigned 2015 platform. Then, I saw a link from Deysha suggesting unexpected vehicle demand may temper the lenght of the forthcoming July shutdown.

Quick Reply: 2014 Ordered/Built/Delivered Thread