2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

2014 Ordered/Built/Delivered Thread

Search this Thread

Old 6/13/13, 10:24 AM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the info, Deysha. My dealer called this morning to let me know as well. Hopefully QC releases the car soon and it can make the new ETA.

Scott
Old 6/13/13, 11:28 AM
V6 Member

Just ordered my car =)

GT Coupe
Sterling Gray
Manual
Recaro
Track Package
Old 6/13/13, 12:33 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 111 Likes on 101 Posts
Originally Posted by cjd82187
Just ordered my car =)

GT Coupe
Sterling Gray
Manual
Recaro
Track Package
And you selected the perfect options
Old 6/13/13, 02:58 PM

Hi All.
Good news for me, My car showed up at the dealer this morning. Going to pick it up tomorrow morning!!

Thanks to Deysha for all her help!!
Old 6/13/13, 03:19 PM
Bullitt Member

Just ordered my car =)

GT Coupe
Sterling Gray
Manual
Recaro
Track Package
Nice I'm considering ordering the exact same thing only in DIB.
Old 6/13/13, 04:33 PM
GT Member

Ajcruz, any word on the hold up on your car? My ETA got bumped back today b/c QC hasn't cleared it to ship yet. I kind of figured it would since the car was just finished Tuesday and my ETA was 3 days later. Hoping your car is an oddity and QC isn't 3 weeks behind getting cars released to shipping. I guess I have more time to order stuff for my baby now.
Old 6/13/13, 07:39 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by saparish
Ajcruz, any word on the hold up on your car? My ETA got bumped back today b/c QC hasn't cleared it to ship yet. I kind of figured it would since the car was just finished Tuesday and my ETA was 3 days later. Hoping your car is an oddity and QC isn't 3 weeks behind getting cars released to shipping. I guess I have more time to order stuff for my baby now.
NOPE! I still have no clue as to when it will get here. Even my original eta of 6/18 can't be now so who knows but I keep impatiently waiting! Bummer yours got pushed back but it seemed to good to be true. Hopefully its sooner rather than later for you!
Old 6/13/13, 07:56 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by dmichaels
And you selected the perfect options
Yep =) I kinda wanted bluetooth, but couldn't justify $1200 for the tech pack since the recaros delete the power seats.
Old 6/13/13, 08:06 PM
GT Member

Hey Spark, it seems Deysha has the most up to date and best info. I have used all 3 sources so I am not too much of a pain in the a** to one individual person.

SVT just seems to be some guy sitting at a desk somewhere that pulls up info out of who knows what system. I called SVT for the first time last Tuesday, after I had seen a post from Deysha that said the plant was closed last week. He told me my car went to the body shop on 5/30 and the ETA was 6/8 to 6/20. I asked how my car could possibly have an ETA as soon as 6/8 since the plant was closed and my car wouldn't be finished until after that date. He had no info on the plant being closed. I called SVT today and was told the car was built and the ETA in the system now was 6/8 to 6/14. Great news that the window got shorter in the right direction but he sounded skeptical that the car would ship that quickly.

My dealer is a great guy but seems to pass along the same info Deysha does several days after Deysha has already given it to me. I never seem to get my questions answered either. My latest question was, does the dealership know ahead of time that a shipment of cars is coming and what is being shipped. It just seems strange that a car hauler would show up at a dealership and say "Hey, I have these 3 cars for you today." Still don't know if my dealer will know if my car is coming before it hits the lot but I know he will let me know as soon as it does. I gave him my list of don't do's and he kinda laughed. Said they have sold enough Shelby's that they don't touch them now unless requested to do so. I feel comfortable that the dealer will take great care of my car when it arrives (no wash, no drill holes for license plate, no stickers, etc.)

As for Deysha, she is a ROCKSTAR!!!!! Best info I get comes from her. I hate to bother her b/c I know she is crazy busy dealing with all of us TMS folks as well as doing her normal job (I assume we aren't the only customers she takes care of). Deysha seems to always be right on with the info she gives. I don't know if she has access to computer systems that the dealer and SVT can't access or what. Deysha says don't worry so I am going with the flow hoping that 6/14 ETA holds up.

Hope this info helps.

Scott
Thanks Scott! This is helpful to know. I hate to pester someone who doesn't know or have the information and get myself frustrated. I just need to impatiently wait for the given timeline and then keep asking Deysha for the latest update. I hope she doesn't mind, but I want to be at home as soon as the pony gets delivered rather than having it sit in the lot while I am away for vacation. Hope you car comes soon!

Spark
Old 6/13/13, 08:17 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by MeanStang

i have a feeling the rebates will go up because a lot of people are waiting for the 2015 model. if the rebates do increase, you wont mind waiting another month to save another $500.
Did i read somewhere that those who are members of MCA member get the x-plan discount. Can anyone verify this? If do, what is the discount?
Thx!
Old 6/13/13, 08:24 PM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
Originally Posted by Spark

Did i read somewhere that those who are members of MCA member get the x-plan discount. Can anyone verify this? If do, what is the discount?
Thx!
Yes!

If you are a member login to MCA and request your x-plan PIN
Old 6/13/13, 08:36 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by 2k7gtcs

Yes!

If you are a member login to MCA and request your x-plan PIN
Thanks 2k7gtcs!

How much will you save with the x-plan compared to what you would of paid without it. Say for example a 2014 GT with a MSRP price of $35000?
Old 6/13/13, 08:39 PM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts

Thanks 2k7gtcs!

How much will you save with the x-plan compared to what you would of paid without it. Say for example a 2014 GT with a MSRP price of $35000?
The MCA site has the formula there. I was looking to use it when I bought my daughter a V6 Stang this year but I was able to make a better deal without it at that time. The nice thing is you get any rebates from Ford too. They also cap the dealer fees.

Wish I could help more. Again if you're an MCA member you can find the x-plan formula on their site. It's a multiplier based off of invoice not MSRP.
Old 6/13/13, 08:53 PM
GT Member

Thanks 2k7gtcs!

All vehicles I have bought through x-plan are basically the Same. It's usually 3k off sticker in my area. All 7 cars I've bought. From a focus to fully loaded mustang. Idk how it differs from location.
Old 6/13/13, 09:41 PM
V6 Member

Thanks 2k7gtcs!

X-Plan differs with each car. Generally it works out to be about $150 more than dealer invoice and makes the whole process a hassle free deal while also capping the doc fees dealers can tack on - but only IF a dealer will honor X-Plan for a given car - and it's not valid for every model. It can also invalidate certain other incentives. There's also no guarantee you couldn't drive a better deal yourself.

X-Plan can also be had by certain shareholders, employees of other businesses or an employee or retiree friend or neighbor as each can issue a limited number each year. You also max out at two per year.

Ford pays dealers an additional flat rate stipend, so some stores welcome them. Others don't.

Originally Posted by Ajcruz1
NOPE! I still have no clue as to when it will get here. Even my original eta of 6/18 can't be now so who knows but I keep impatiently waiting! Bummer yours got pushed back but it seemed to good to be true. Hopefully its sooner rather than later for you!
Never in Ford history has a car gotten "lost" once a VIN has been assigned, and especially once a window sticker becomes available. Waiting sucks, but it's going to arrive - and there's pretty-much nothing ANYBODY can do to make it arrive any faster than it's already going to once it's been scheduled for production.

All you're going to do in the meantime is drive up the stock of GlaxoSmithKline by getting yourself hooked on Zantac. Unless you've got a driving vacation planned or a Mustang event that relies upon you having your car, you're FAR better off trying to put the car as far from your mind as possible and allowing yourself to be pleasantly surprised when it actually lands.

Last edited by Remford; 6/13/13 at 10:14 PM.
Old 6/13/13, 10:37 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by Dinosoar
Ford needs to worry as much or more about the quality of their dealerships as they do their cars.
The cars are terrific compared to the quality of its dealer body at-large. Terrific dealers do exist - and they're worth their weight in gold. But the simple truth is that for nearly five decades, dealer franchise owners usually wound up being the guy in town who had enough cash to meet the capital requirements rather than any particular qualification that made them a good local representative for a car maker, let alone business people in many cases as the cycle of overproduction and hyperincentives made NOT making hand-over-fist profits almost impossible, no matter how hard a dealer might neglect his own franchise.

Unfortunately, VERY restrictive state franchise laws that both prohibit makers from selling cars directly to customers and restrict makers' ability to terminate individual franchises that operate poorly protect the lazy and complacent - and many cling to those laws like grim death to avoid ever actually needing to do what they're supposed.

Furthermore, the ONLY reason dealers exist as they do today is because of what the industry inherited over decades ago. NOBODY would recreate from a clean sheet of paper the notion of dealers as they exist today - not the least of which is tying together the placement of sales and service points given how vastly different the need for numbers and locations of each are so radically different.

Hell, most makers can't even bring themselves to adopt a fixed price model that would eliminate on one fell swoop 90% of all buyers' misgivings about the new car buying process, despite providing almost NO benefit to makers by maintaining the status quo. The whole EV thing may be a boondoggle, but look very closely at what Tesla is trying to achieve in terms of sales and service fulfillment to see the boilerplate for what a 21st century retail network OUGHT to be.

I was SORELY disappointed when, given the opportunity to address him directly, Alan Mulally skirted the issue entirely. Granted, it was a public forum and probably not a place where he'd like to make such a politically-charged comment on the record. Also, very few people do better at responding to the question they WISH they'd been asked and making the asker feel like he received a straight answer - which has served Mulally and Ford VERY well in navigating the politically charged waters surrounding the bailouts of its two primary competitors. But rather than acknowledge at all ANY room for improvement exists, he went directly to talking about how wonderful a job Ford dealers are doing as a whole - including the many 100-year franchisees it happens to have.

It was a sad moment for me, and I can only hope he personally feels differently and understands how much work Ford has left to be done. 90% of Ford's success can be attributed to how it finally began operating like any other business rather than making cars was some kind of super secret art form only a handful of people really understood. THAT theory went up in smoke with GM and Chrysler, and Ford has demonstrated in just a few short years how it changed its entire future by simply not continuing to delude itself.

Nevertheless, despite how far Ford has managed to come, its biggest remaining challenge isn't its competitors. It's the ways it still needs to change and hasn't, and how pockets of defenders of old statuses quo have been managing to hang on at Ford's expense, knowing how much Ford has been carrying them and where they'd wind up if they had to stare reality in the face.

That's why it's HUGELY important to participate in satisfaction surveys with thoughtful, complete feedback about the buying experience and any ways the process of buying a Ford car may have been substandard to the quality of the vehicle, or any other retail buying experience from any other industry that's figured-out how to satisfy customers at an overwhelming rate.
Old 6/13/13, 10:39 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Remford

Never in Ford history has a car gotten "lost" once a VIN has been assigned, and especially once a window sticker becomes available. Waiting sucks, but it's going to arrive - and there's pretty-much nothing ANYBODY can do to make it arrive any faster than it's already going to once it's been scheduled for production.

All you're going to do in the meantime is drive up the stock of GlaxoSmithKline by getting yourself hooked on Zantac. Unless you've got a driving vacation planned or a Mustang event that relies upon you having your car, you're FAR better off trying to put the car as far from your mind as possible and allowing yourself to be pleasantly surprised when it actually lands.
Hey Remford. In the case of Ajcruz's car, it was built 3 weeks ago and the plant hasn't released it to shipping. He is just wondering why his car hasn't been released in a timely manner. My first thought is QC found a major issue that is taking a long time to fix. Something like the engine didn't test with the proper power so they had to pull and replace or something along those lines. I think all he wants is a little transparency but no one knows what is going on inside the plant or they aren't telling him. If something were wrong with my car that caused a delay, I would like to know what was going on and that the plant was fixing the issue. **** happens. No mass production facility is going to have 100% perfect output. We all know that and accept that, we just don't want to be kept in the dark when it is our baby that potentially has an issue.
Old 6/13/13, 11:11 PM
V6 Member

Hey Remford. In the case of Ajcruz's car, it was built 3 weeks ago and the plant hasn't released it to shipping. He is just wondering why his car hasn't been released in a timely manner. My first thought is QC found a major issue that is taking a long time to fix. Something like the engine didn't test with the proper power so they had to pull and replace or something along those lines. I think all he wants is a little transparency but no one knows what is going on inside the plant or they aren't telling him. If something were wrong with my car that caused a delay, I would like to know what was going on and that the plant was fixing the issue. **** happens. No mass production facility is going to have 100% perfect output. We all know that and accept that, we just don't want to be kept in the dark when it is our baby that potentially has an issue.
It could be anything, or it could be nothing. It could be a paint ding that needs to be refinished, or the entire underside of the hood could be covered with coolant because the head gasket blew when it turned over the first time.

Nobody will ever know by the time the car reaches the dealership, and it's a process that's engineered to produce 8-10,000 vehicles a month, not to provide the kind of granular status about every individual unit most people would like to have on-demand.

The kinds of tools that DO exist are generally intended to get the car out the door rather than keep the customer informed and, beyond certain key checkpoints and milestones, there's very little anybody can find out that will make any REAL kind of difference as to when the car will ultimately arrive.

If a car is so badly damaged that it's written-off together and needs to be remade, there's a whole slew of procedural steps involving the dealer that's necessary to both credit the dealer for the car it won't receive and to re-make the car it ultimately will.

The most productive way to find out a status is to beat up on a dealer mercilessly until it educates itself enough to communicate with customers they way it should, which benefits everybody versus repeated one-off inquiries that die immediately after they're made without improving future results for anybody.

Because of how dealers are billed, especially in terms of the inventory they carry which most finance through Ford themselves, most have MUCH greater insight into the status of a particular vehicle, or should be able to deduce it, based upon the information that's available to them. Most would prefer to not be bothered, but that's both their responsibility and problem to deal with - since that's who's actually selling the car.

Otherwise, at every step of the process, an opportunity exists for a car to make or miss the optimal point which can then cause it to make or miss the NEXT optimal point in terms of getting to a dealer sooner - and having some degree of insight about where a car may be at step 6 of say 12, there's no guarantee that 7, 8, 9, 10, or 11 won't have timing issues of their own that won't wind up pulling forward or pushing back delivery by a few days on their own.

I certainly have no bias against anybody who wants to be well-informed about the status of their delivery. But not only is it almost impossible to draw down on an exact date due to steps in the process that are entirely out of Ford's hands once it's in transit to a dealer, but I've also known far too many people who've wound up being unhappy with their cars AND themselves by the time it arrives simply because they've spent so much time obsessing about it.

It doesn't help that much of the software controlling Ford's manufacturing was written before any of its customers were born, but much of it also deliberately doesn't provide to-the-second statuses about each individual vehicle simply because it couldn't efficiently produce as many units as it must if each step along the way were a point at which someone could intercede.

Fortunately, even if they're lazy or ill-informed, it's in most dealers' best interests to get a car and sell it as soon as possible - as much of their future allocation is won on a "turn and earn" basis. So, unless a specific delivery period is going to have a REAL practical impact, like leaving for college, a planned driving trip or enthusiast event, or a birthday, I haven't known a person yet who wasn't happier the less they thought about their car until its arrival, and I also know all-too-many who wound up causing themselves to resent something they SHOULD be enjoy once they have it.

After all, most people will be making a monthly payment for several years, and the notion of staring at and resenting 48 payment coupons before making the first one would really, REALLY suck.

That's my point.
Old 6/14/13, 06:20 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by Remford

I certainly have no bias against anybody who wants to be well-informed about the status of their delivery. But not only is it almost impossible to draw down on an exact date due to steps in the process that are entirely out of Ford's hands once it's in transit to a dealer, but I've also known far too many people who've wound up being unhappy with their cars AND themselves by the time it arrives simply because they've spent so much time obsessing about it.

It doesn't help that much of the software controlling Ford's manufacturing was written before any of its customers were born, but much of it also deliberately doesn't provide to-the-second statuses about each individual vehicle simply because it couldn't efficiently produce as many units as it must if each step along the way were a point at which someone could intercede.

Fortunately, even if they're lazy or ill-informed, it's in most dealers' best interests to get a car and sell it as soon as possible - as much of their future allocation is won on a "turn and earn" basis. So, unless a specific delivery period is going to have a REAL practical impact, like leaving for college, a planned driving trip or enthusiast event, or a birthday, I haven't known a person yet who wasn't happier the less they thought about their car until its arrival, and I also know all-too-many who wound up causing themselves to resent something they SHOULD be enjoy once they have it.

After all, most people will be making a monthly payment for several years, and the notion of staring at and resenting 48 payment coupons before making the first one would really, REALLY suck.

That's my point.

Yea it could be anything that's holding it up from something being wrong to nothing being wrong and they're just behind. I'm still going to love the car when it gets here. I love the 2012 I have now and its the exact same as the one I ordered just the one I ordered is a 2014, different colord and has more options. Gotta love that . Seeing everyone here receiving there Stangs actually makes this wait better and it gives me more time to buy mods. Unfortunately I was not blessed with patience and the fact that I'm in the process of selling the one I have doesn't help but its not gonna make it so I dislike my car when it gets here. Total opposite actually.

Last edited by Ajcruz1; 6/14/13 at 07:23 AM.
Old 6/14/13, 07:47 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by Dinosoar
It the poor dealers that make me so thankful for Ford Customer Service and "Deysha"! That, and it's cool to get all this info on this forum.
Thanks for the kind words, Dinosoar!

Thanks for the info, Deysha. My dealer called this morning to let me know as well. Hopefully QC releases the car soon and it can make the new ETA.
You’re welcome!

Just ordered my car =)
Congrats on your order, cjd82187! Please PM me with your dealer’s name and order number so I can track it.

Originally Posted by WTWB
Hi All.
Good news for me, My car showed up at the dealer this morning. Going to pick it up tomorrow morning!!

Thanks to Deysha for all her help!!
Woo hoo!! That is great news, WTWB!

Thanks Scott! This is helpful to know. I hate to pester someone who doesn't know or have the information and get myself frustrated. I just need to impatiently wait for the given timeline and then keep asking Deysha for the latest update. I hope she doesn't mind, but I want to be at home as soon as the pony gets delivered rather than having it sit in the lot while I am away for vacation. Hope you car comes soon!
I don’t mind, Spark.

Deysha

Quick Reply: 2014 Ordered/Built/Delivered Thread