2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

2014 Ordered/Built/Delivered Thread

Search this Thread

Old 6/3/13, 11:09 AM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As far as I know they are just shutting down the flat rock plant and that's so they can start training and the switch over to start making the Fusion there. Deysha can probably elaborate on this.
Old 6/3/13, 11:50 AM

Ajcruz1 is right, I looked it up...sorry I should have specified
Old 6/3/13, 11:58 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by Ajcruz1
Looks like my Stang hasn't even been set out to ship yet! Come on Flat Rock lets get on it, lol! 2014RagTopDay is right this thread should be labeled Anticipation! Which at the moment is killing me. Thanks for the update Deysha!
No problem, Ajcruz1!

Originally Posted by danster68
Ordered March 15, built May 13, and STILL sitting at Flat Rock awaiting shipment. Anticipation is not a bad name for thread but i think it should be called "EXCRUCIATING"....haha.. Thank God for Deysha and her updates, its the only saving grace...............
Awwwwe! Thanks, danster68.

Originally Posted by klmustang2011
Wow... Just got an update from Deysha that my car (Shelby) which was originally intended to have build date of 6/10 with an ETA of 7/3 is now in Production and has an ETA to the dealer of 6/15 which is only 2 weeks from today...that was QUICK!!..
Woot woot!

Originally Posted by saparish
And just like that, Fairy Godmother Deysha waves her magic wand and my car is in production. Klmustang, we are going to have sister cars after all. What a fabulous Friday. At this point I think we should lead a hostile takeover of FordMoCo and make Deysha the CEO.
Hmmmm… I think I like the sound of that. Lol!

Originally Posted by jOSEPH r. fONTENOT
Ordered 11/30/12-Deposit
Still waiting ;
Deysha; can you help
If you need order code & dealer # .I have it.
Randy;
Welcome and congrats, jOSEPH r. fONTENOT! I sent you some info on Friday.

Originally Posted by Missouri Hoss
Ordering a new car is a mind focusing ordeal... Counting the days and weeks, multiple daily PM checks to see if Deysha had updates, etc. Not to mention, future mod shopping, price comparisons and so on. It's excruciating but, I'd do it all over again without hesitation.

For me, delivery day came very quickly. I ordered the afternoon of April 9th and delivery day was the afternoon of May 8th. Ford even took time to drive my GT 52 miles before releasing it for convoy shipment. Beat THAT with a stick! THANK YOU AGAIN, Flat Rock employees and Deysha too! I got exactly what I expected. A quality FORD product.
Originally Posted by Ajcruz1
Send her a pm with info from order sheet. Dealer order # etc.
Originally Posted by woodzusa
Deysha sent me my VIN . Happy dance
Deysha , you + r + awesome . You're awesome!
Originally Posted by theallmightycow
Wohoo!
My ETA changed from 6/14 to 6/9!
Thanks Deysha
Originally Posted by klmustang2011
lol...Fantastic news my friend. Yes, Deysha made my day when I read that PM this morning.
Thanks and you’re welcome, guys!

Originally Posted by dmichaels
Wish there was a good way to see exactly where my car 'convey' is... was in NY earlier this week, was really hoping the car would be dropped off at my dealership by this Saturday. Oh well, perhaps next week....
It’ll be this week, dmichaels.

Originally Posted by ericd84
Hey what's up guys, just picked up my car brought home and found razor marks on my car
Too deep to get buffed out Not sure what to do
Oh no!! Contact your dealer and PM me with your VIN, dealer, full name, and best daytime number, ericd84.

Originally Posted by "XLR8IN"
Hi everyone I'm new to this site. I ordered my 2014 GT 5/15, do you guys think mine will be built before the factory shutdown at the end of June?
Congrats and welcome to the forum, “XLR8IN”! PM me with your dealer’s name and order number so I can check on it.

Originally Posted by silvagsr
Got it in a few days ago. Overall impression of car so far with casual pre-break in driving....
Beautiful!!!

How can you find put about the Ford Factory Shut-Down.
Why is Ford doing this?
Will it be the Mustang line or all Ford Products.
Why is Ford going too Shut Down.
Is just the Mustang Line or all Ford Products.
Exactly how long will it be & exact date in June.
The plant is down this week. You can get more info here.

Deysha

Last edited by FordService; 6/3/13 at 12:32 PM. Reason: Plant shut down time!!
Old 6/3/13, 12:29 PM
GT Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Deysha

Can you answer my PM? I last heard my car was scheduled last week but I don't have a vin#, sticker or delivery date.

Because of losing my house in the Ok. tornado I don't have access to the internet unless I go to the library. So any info you can give me will be valuable. I'm in need of a second car and I'm waiting for my Mustang to be delivered. I go back to work on June 19 and would like to have my car by then.

Thanks

Last edited by maverick1125; 6/3/13 at 12:30 PM.
Old 6/3/13, 12:38 PM
Cobra Member

Hey Maverick 1125 if you need help with anything let me know. Just hit me with a pm. I live in Moore but luckily my house was spared but my roof wasn't. Still livable tho
Old 6/3/13, 04:17 PM
GT Member

The plant is down this week. You can get more info here.

Deysha[/QUOTE]

Say what, Deysha. The plant is down this week????? So does that mean those of us that had cars that started last week are just sitting on the line? I thought the plant was closing the end of June and July.
Old 6/3/13, 06:26 PM
V6 Member

Parts delivered, just need my car.

GT500 AB, CDC GT500 grill, Roush chin splitter, Redline Hood Struts, K&N Filter, black 5.0 badges, Cool Tech sound tube delete kit. Waiting on the Starkey fog light kit.
Attached Thumbnails 2014 Ordered/Built/Delivered Thread-20130603_173544-1024x768-.jpg  
Old 6/3/13, 06:52 PM
GT Member

Waiting on info from the dealer for order tracking.

Settled for a grabber blue lighter today instead. I could hear my wife rolling her eyes as I picked it off of the display.

Name:  ForumRunner_20130603_204912.jpg
Views: 245
Size:  21.6 KB
Old 6/3/13, 07:58 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by cobrajg
Parts delivered, just need my car.

GT500 AB, CDC GT500 grill, Roush chin splitter, Redline Hood Struts, K&N Filter, black 5.0 badges, Cool Tech sound tube delete kit. Waiting on the Starkey fog light kit.
I plan on doing the same thing. Ordering my planned parts as soon as my Stang ships. Which doesn't seem like anything soon, lol.
Old 6/3/13, 07:58 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by PonyOx

Settled for a grabber blue lighter today instead. I could hear my wife rolling her eyes as I picked it off of the display.

Attachment 139625
Old 6/3/13, 08:00 PM

HI Deysha

Due to the plant being on shut down, does this mean that the cars that are awaiting to be shipped are also stopped from shipping this week?

Thx as always!!!
Dan
Old 6/3/13, 08:08 PM
Cobra Member

Shipping will continue even if the plant is shutdown
Old 6/3/13, 08:16 PM
GT Member

Anyone know what this week's shutdown is about? Was it planned? Everything I have read talked about a week down in May and then 4 weeks at the end of June and July. My Shelby was in the body shop last Thursday so it is probably a 75% completed car just stranded on the line somewhere. Just my luck. GRRRR!!!!!!!!! Strange thing is I talked to SVT today and they said nothing about a shutdown. Guy said my car could be to the dealer as soon as this Saturday, 6/8. Doesn't sound like that is remotely possible.
Old 6/3/13, 08:35 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 111 Likes on 101 Posts
Got a call from my dealer around 8:30pm this evening. Car has arrived!!

Manager called me to make sure he had my request list right No front plate, no tire shine, no dealer stickers on the car, etc, etc

Tomorrow around 5pm will pick her up!!
Old 6/3/13, 08:44 PM
GT Member

Got a call from my dealer around 8:30pm this evening. Car has arrived!!

Manager called me to make sure he had my request list right No front plate, no tire shine, no dealer stickers on the car, etc, etc

Tomorrow around 5pm will pick her up!!
Congrats dmichaels. Lots of pics please.
Old 6/3/13, 08:46 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Congrats dmichaels. Lots of pics please.
Pretty sure that will not be a problem

Happy that tomorrow and Wednesday are supposed to be about 75 degrees and sunny... time for some breaking in
Old 6/4/13, 07:22 AM
GT Member

Deysha, we need your expertise. Do they leave cars sitting on the line when the plant idles for a week? I talked to SVT and they said the plant was running 20 hours a day and it takes 18 hours to build a car. I was told if the car was in the body shop last Thursday then it should be done. Can you confirm? Is my car awaiting delivery? Sorry to be a pain in the backside, I ran out of patience a couple weeks ago. Waiting on a Shelby is not easy for someone with no patience. LOL
Old 6/4/13, 09:07 AM
Bullitt Member

Pretty sure that will not be a problem

Happy that tomorrow and Wednesday are supposed to be about 75 degrees and sunny... time for some breaking in
Congrats on delivery day! BTW, the new Pony will be breaking YOU in. You're gonna love it.
Old 6/4/13, 10:42 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by PonyOx

Attachment 139625
Where did you find that lighter? My wife would roll her eyes every time I use that... I need one
Old 6/4/13, 10:47 AM
V6 Member

Deysha, we need your expertise. Do they leave cars sitting on the line when the plant idles for a week? I talked to SVT and they said the plant was running 20 hours a day and it takes 18 hours to build a car. I was told if the car was in the body shop last Thursday then it should be done. Can you confirm? Is my car awaiting delivery? Sorry to be a pain in the backside, I ran out of patience a couple weeks ago. Waiting on a Shelby is not easy for someone with no patience. LOL
Of course they do. Vehicles will be left in various states of completion throughout the facility until the line resumes. How would you operate a shift-oriented plant otherwise?

Because Romeo needs to supply so many engines which it can only produce at a certain rate and other vendors similarly supply other components and assemblies to as close to a just in time basis as possible, X will be made each day/week/month whether or not there are custom orders which is also why dealers must, at least to a significant extent, use their allocations within a window or they're either going to get a unit Ford decides to configure for them or not at all.

Amid all this, Ford needs to ensure an even distribution of product mix, geographic distribution and hit scores of other moving targets that are all part of supplying a national (and international) network of dealers with a consistent supply of product which requires an even distribution of product to fill the trains and/or trucks that ultimately transport them to each store.

It's possible to order at precisely the right time according to each cycle in the process and get a car sooner but it's generally only by dumb luck for a car to arrive any sooner than 7 weeks plus shipping which is geography dependent even without holiday and other seasonal downtime factored in.

Only rarely will a scheduled car ever NOT get built. Once there's a VIN, the car's getting built whether it's wanted or not and only rarely will the build date be longer than three working weeks from when it's assigned. From there, it just needs to move through the many stages of a process designed to ensure 90,000 units a get made rather than any particular one or two.

Some occasional discretion does exist to pull forward retail orders in place of "push" units when the schedule can accommodate them, but only if every step happens at the right time of its respective cycle from when YOUR dealer orders to when every OTHER dealer orders and if other retail orders are competing for the same priority.

I've ordered a bunch, and the waiting always sucks. If your car arrives any sooner than twelve weeks, you're ahead of the game. Anything sooner than seven is a miracle of coincidence. It's tough not to wonder if each day will be "the day", but I speak from experience that focusing so intently upon it only runs the risk of resenting it once it arrives. Eight weeks in, there's so little anybody anywhere could do to influence the date it ultimately arrives that there's nothing you really want anybody to do anyway since the risk of disrupting its delivery is greater than accelerating it.

As long as your dealer has been forthright, it's in the same boat as you and just as much at the mercy of the 90,000 as you are. People can and do occasionally walk away from retail orders they've placed out of impatience, even after their order has been scheduled and VIN assigned. But unless a person happens to prefer black on black equipped with every option but a glass roof or is wide open as to the car he/she wants, the total number cars in a particular, stripe and option combination built during an entire year is far likelier to exist in twos and threes than dozens or scores, with about half already having been pre-sold.

Notwithstanding that much of Ford's present ordering infrastructure was a also used to built Granadas, Mavericks and LTDs, even if it were to spend hundreds of millions to implement the most technologically-advanced ordering and fulfillment systems and processes possible, the logistical limitations of building all Mustangs from a single plant and line would likely prevent more rapid fulfillment of retail orders by any appreciable degree - though both lines being converted to fully-flexible manufacturing architecture when S550 and Fusion start production would certainly help, in the same way having a second source for making Fusions could allow bespoke orders to be built on more of an on demand basis without disrupting the general supply of vehicles that originate elsewhere.

You're almost there. The less you're able to obsess in the meantime, the happier you'll be when it arrives.

Quick Reply: 2014 Ordered/Built/Delivered Thread