2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

2014 Ordered/Built/Delivered Thread

Search this Thread

Old 6/16/13, 03:50 PM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just saw the PM from Deysha, my car has finally been released by the factory and set out to ship. Hopefully it ships this week and I can get it before my new eta of 7/2. Thanks for the info Deysh

Last edited by Ajcruz1; 6/16/13 at 03:52 PM.
Old 6/16/13, 04:38 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Dinosoar

Hey MadMoose, I ordered your exact same car about 4 weeks ago. The car will be built this coming week. You have the best taste in Mustangs!

Congrats on the order!
Awesome! I fully expect you to post lots of pictures since yours will get here first haha. Gonna be a long wait for me with the factory shutdown.
Old 6/16/13, 05:45 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by cjd82187
Just ordered my car =)

GT Coupe
Sterling Gray
Manual
Recaro
Track Package
Great choice!

That's exactly what ordered back in April. I just got a VIN few days ago. Dealer says ETA is 7/29. Hope you don't have to wait as long.
Old 6/16/13, 06:22 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 111 Likes on 101 Posts
Put on ~200 miles this weekend... car is starting to wake up Determined today the dealer definitely put in 87 octane for me, as I filled up for the first time with 93 and it felt much more alive up to redline... Nice that this week will be sunny so I can get a few more miles on and take a couple coworkers for test rides!
Old 6/16/13, 06:57 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by dmichaels
Put on ~200 miles this weekend... car is starting to wake up Determined today the dealer definitely put in 87 octane for me, as I filled up for the first time with 93 and it felt much more alive up to redline... Nice that this week will be sunny so I can get a few more miles on and take a couple coworkers for test rides!
Good to know on the gas...although I should assume they'd go cheap. I'll have to make sure I burn through that first tank before I install my Power Pack...requires 91+.

What track(s) do you visit?
Old 6/16/13, 06:59 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by MadMoose
Awesome! I fully expect you to post lots of pictures since yours will get here first haha. Gonna be a long wait for me with the factory shutdown.
I sure will, probably here and under Deep Impact Blue Thread too. As far as the wait, it's always very long. All you can do is not think about the car. I know, much easier said than done.
Old 6/16/13, 09:35 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Good to know on the gas...although I should assume they'd go cheap. I'll have to make sure I burn through that first tank before I install my Power Pack...requires 91+.

What track(s) do you visit?
Limerock is my "home" track as its about an hour away. Love Watkins Glen but its about a 5 hr drive. Have probably done about 1500 miles at limerock, and only 1 event at the Glen since my car had issues last season. Need to expand out to a couple other venues - NJMP, Mont Tremblant, Poconos, and NHMS are on the to do list. Once I get a trailer setup VIR and Summit Point are on the short list too. Working on getting enough experience to start instructing some as its tough to afford the track time and the supplies on my current budget.
Old 6/16/13, 09:39 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Btw dinosaur, your 08 GT looks phenomenal... Just looked at it in your "garage" on this sit. Must be a blast on road courses!! And videos?
Old 6/17/13, 05:58 AM

I'm a new member here and wanted to say Hi and soon I will be the proud owner of a 2014 GT500. I ordered my GT500 on May 9, built on June 10, shipped 14 June. ETA to dealer is June 21. I can't wait, feel like a kid waiting on Christmas )
Old 6/17/13, 06:04 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by hopsgt500
I'm a new member here and wanted to say Hi and soon I will be the proud owner of a 2014 GT500. I ordered my GT500 on May 9, built on June 10, shipped 14 June. ETA to dealer is June 21. I can't wait, feel like a kid waiting on Christmas )
Very nice! That car is a beast
Old 6/17/13, 06:56 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by MadMoose
Just placed an order yesterday.

500 under invoice plus another 2500 in rebates
I'm assuming it'll get here in September with the plant shutdown next month.
Congrats on your order, MadMoose! Please PM me with your dealer’s name and order number so I can track it for you.

Originally Posted by saparish
Got word yesterday that my Shelby is at Ramp 51 awaiting delivery to my dealer. ETA range is sometime this week. The car only has to travel 40 miles so hoping it happens quickly. My dealer is very large and said they get cars almost daily. I am one happy camper right now.
It’ll ship out soon, saparish.

Originally Posted by Ajcruz1
Just saw the PM from Deysha, my car has finally been released by the factory and set out to ship. Hopefully it ships this week and I can get it before my new eta of 7/2. Thanks for the info Deysh
You’re welcome, Ajcruz1! It’ll get moving soon.

Welcome and congrats! It’s almost there, hopsgt500! Be sure to post pictures.

Deysha
Old 6/17/13, 08:04 AM

Wow HopsGt. That's pretty fast. My '14 GT500 is scheduled to build on 21 June according to my sticker (thanks for the link Deysha), but the person I ordered it through said that it may not be delivered until 20 July. I wonder why that is? Was REALLY hoping to get it before the 7th, which by your shipping average is totally doable.

Any insight on that Deysha?
Old 6/17/13, 09:39 AM
GT Member

Btw dinosaur, your 08 GT looks phenomenal... Just looked at it in your "garage" on this sit. Must be a blast on road courses!! And videos?
Thanks, man! It doesn't look like that now. It's on jackstands and getting a whole new exhaust, suspestion, brakes, wheels, and race seat/wheel/harness. All at once. I will post pix when she's done, of course, but it may take some time.

Regarding your tracks. I did a race weekend at Lime Rock (old track) with Skip Barber; too much rain that weekend. I recommend Pocono. They have three courses at once for one of the NASA track days in July, and the big bank turns are awesome! I've been at, but not on, NJMP. Seems a good track and I will definitley hit that once or twice next season probably.

I am down at NASA Mid-Atlantic now and Summit Point is my 'home' track and I hit VIR as much as you hit the Glen...5 hours away. Definitely need a trailer for my 2008, but I hope to ride-and-race in my new 2014 GT. I got my instructor status a bit ago but lost my car, so not much track time, but yes, it helps with the track bills. Makes for a hectic day instructing and driving...always somewhere to be.

Who do you run with? What HPDE level are you?

Last edited by Dinosoar; 6/17/13 at 09:51 AM.
Old 6/17/13, 10:27 AM
GT Member

Congrats hops. That is a very fast timeline. Ordered my Shelby on April 3, built on June 11, and still awaiting shipment. My car only has to go 40 miles so hoping the transport company throws it on a hauler sometime this week for same day delivery. I have that same feeling, Christmas can't get here fast enough.
Old 6/17/13, 11:03 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Thanks, man! It doesn't look like that now. It's on jackstands and getting a whole new exhaust, suspestion, brakes, wheels, and race seat/wheel/harness. All at once. I will post pix when she's done, of course, but it may take some time.

Regarding your tracks. I did a race weekend at Lime Rock (old track) with Skip Barber; too much rain that weekend. I recommend Pocono. They have three courses at once for one of the NASA track days in July, and the big bank turns are awesome! I've been at, but not on, NJMP. Seems a good track and I will definitley hit that once or twice next season probably.

I am down at NASA Mid-Atlantic now and Summit Point is my 'home' track and I hit VIR as much as you hit the Glen...5 hours away. Definitely need a trailer for my 2008, but I hope to ride-and-race in my new 2014 GT. I got my instructor status a bit ago but lost my car, so not much track time, but yes, it helps with the track bills. Makes for a hectic day instructing and driving...always somewhere to be.

Who do you run with? What HPDE level are you?
Most often I drive wih the Audi Club - started out with them and I like the guys (and know a lot if them now). I run in their red group usually (advanced solo) and do ok. Have also run with SCDA several times as well as NASA. I am no pro by any means but hold my own against most of the guys out there, which is all I need!!

Can't wait to see your new car and the one your reworking. Sounds awesome.

The instructors in the clubs I have driven with do work very hard and have choatic days, but the payoff of free or cheap track time is nice
Old 6/17/13, 11:22 AM
GT Member

14 Sterling Gray V6 Premium, Auto with the Pony Package and couple other items. Ordered June 10 so I figure I'll be waiting a bit. No big deal. My Rline CC lease isn't up until October. Less double payments.

Several dealers in my area were not ordering anymore 14s. I got the last order at my favorite dealer anyway. What's up with orders ending so soon? Thought I had a couple of months. Glad I got it in
Old 6/17/13, 12:07 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Stopping orders already huh? Seems early, but maybe inventory is high for pre-built 2014's. hope yours gets but quickly!
Old 6/17/13, 01:47 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by ustabawannab
14 Sterling Gray V6 Premium, Auto with the Pony Package and couple other items. Ordered June 10 so I figure I'll be waiting a bit. No big deal. My Rline CC lease isn't up until October. Less double payments.

Several dealers in my area were not ordering anymore 14s. I got the last order at my favorite dealer anyway. What's up with orders ending so soon? Thought I had a couple of months. Glad I got it in
Hey usrabawannab,

Why did the dealers say they are not ordering? Because of the the 2015 comingor out? I was debating on letting go of the 2014, I just ordered and order a 2015. Anyone have an inside scoop on what the 2015 will look like or when they will start taking orders?
Old 6/17/13, 01:51 PM
GT Member

Stopping orders already huh? Seems early, but maybe inventory is high for pre-built 2014's. hope yours gets but quickly!
I'm in SE Wisconsin. I got the last allocation at Hiller Ford, Ewald didn't have any more (that was per the respective sales managers). A salesman at Braeger said they could order until October but I'm curious if he really could.

Don't take my word for it, but I trust Hiller. Their GM is a friend of my dad's.

Works out good for me. Getting exactly the car I want ( well... I WANT a GT500 ), just a little earlier than anticipated.
Old 6/17/13, 02:03 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Spark
Hey usrabawannab,

Why did the dealers say they are not ordering? Because of the the 2015 comingor out? I was debating on letting go of the 2014, I just ordered and order a 2015. Anyone have an inside scoop on what the 2015 will look like or when they will start taking orders?
Talk to your dealer.

Other dealers may have allocations. Maybe that was just these particular dealers' decision, I dunno. Maybe they can get more after the shutdown. Who knows.

Hiller had no idea when they could order 2015s.

Quick Reply: 2014 Ordered/Built/Delivered Thread