Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

2014 Ordered/Built/Delivered Thread

Search this Thread

Old 5/22/13, 05:51 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ajcruz1
I read your sig line. How did you get it in the pipe line so fast. I ordered mine on 05/07 from a dealer in Eufaula OK. Hope they can do a turn and burn and get it to me before the shut down.
Old 5/22/13, 06:49 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
First time I've been able to take a breath since picking up the new ride...
Yes, waiting is pure hades- no, I may never order another car from the factory again- all that said = TOTALLY FREAKING WORTH IT!!!

Pick-up was great. Got a text around noon from my sales rep. My son was there within 20 minutes (guess he was excited too ).
The service guys let him go back and watch the PDI process (kinda cool- due to the bad weather, it was the only car they were delivering yesterday).

The folks in Flat Rock build a great product (I hate stickers on my car, but that UAW window sticker will be staying for as long as I own the car).
Things I love:
Suspension- Never been in a car with a better stock suspension- period. Not sure how much the track package changes the ride, but the car is firm but not harsh. The road talks to you, but doesn't beat you up, and no loss of confidence when you toss it into a corner.
Torque- Third gear is a dream, and you get a hard pull from 2-6k rpms.
SYNC- I'm neither a techno-phobic or -geekish, but it is so cool to simply say "Climate 68 degrees" and have the A/C respond, or "Play artist Chris Botti" and have smooth jazz ooze from the Shaker 500. Speaking of...
Shaker 500- I like music (but I'm also no audiophile), and I'm so glad I didn't bother with the upgrade to the 1000. Everyone who has been in the car so far has commented "Man, the music sounds awesome!"
Panoramic Roof- Worth it, worth it, worth it! Loved it the moment I sat inside the car, then today when I tried closing the screen I thought "My god, its claustrophobic in here!" That screen will be retracted any time I'm in the car.
MyColor- Its just cool- and that's all I have to say about that!
Brick Red Interior- Wasn't sure if the red steering wheel would be too much, but no- its just perfect. Red interiors are just so dang sporty!

Things that will need to grow on me:
Sterling Gray- I wanted Ingot Silver (to match my '65), and the wife talked me into Sterling Gray. It does look mean, I just hope it isn't too hard to keep clean! I will say it looks quite nice in the bright sun- at night it looks really dark. Looks great with the red interior too... If it isn't too hard to clean, it'll grow on me (but I'll definitely use it to torment my wife ). Giving myself some time to decide on whether to install stripes.
Track Apps- No doubt, they are really cool. However, the pony does look like it is running downhill (I know its an optical illusion, but everyone notices it- so why don't they just rotate the image a bit). The thing I REALLY wish you could display on track apps is either your speed or the RPMs (I know they are right there on the gauges, but being able to display the speed would be just awesome- and it wouldn't be hard to program). Oh, and it would be super useful if the display put what gear you're in in the corner (six is just too many to keep track of)!
FIRST GEAR- I have the 3.73 rear, and I just have to figure out how to launch in 1st. I often get a "lurch" as the car hesitates just a bit, and I just can't seem to get out of 1st quick enough to avoid another bump going into 2nd (problem is the revs just don't bleed off- the engine holds the rpms when the clutch goes in). I will figure it out. At least there's no problem in bumper to bumper- which was my main concern. I was missing gear shifts until I figured out the shifter centers between 3 & 4. After that epiphany, its been really easy to hit my gears (as long as I don't forget where I am in the gear box).

Overall, this car is just really awesome. It does everything nonchalantly... Like "Oh, you want to merge in front of that truck that's currently going 70mph with a tiny little on-ramp? No problem!" and, "Sure this exit ramp says 30mph, but you wanna do it at 55? No big deal." Even the turn radius is impressive!

As Bogey once said, "I think this is the start of a beautiful friendship!"

Final verdict- Its worth the wait.
Attached Thumbnails 2014 Ordered/Built/Delivered Thread-mustangext-800.jpg   2014 Ordered/Built/Delivered Thread-mustint-800.jpg   2014 Ordered/Built/Delivered Thread-mustroof-800.jpg   2014 Ordered/Built/Delivered Thread-mustmust-800.jpg  
Old 5/22/13, 08:32 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by FordCustomerService

Chances are zero… but, how does today or tomorrow sound?

Deysha
That. Is. Awesome! Holy crap you made me so pumped! Keep me updated if you know it's actually been loaded! You've been so helpful, thanks so much! Hope to hear more good news from you soon! Every time we have talked you've brought better and better news! Wooooo!
Old 5/22/13, 09:12 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by dmichaels
Are you ordering from another dealership? Or just looking around for the right car that exists somewhere? Too bad about your first dealership experience, that is very disappointing.

Can't wait for mine to come in, I will be posting lots of pictures I'm sure
Another dealership. Talked to several before settling on one. The Ford Dealership system sucks! So many unqualified and lazy people work there selling cars. At any rate, I have a new order in...likely won't see diddly-squat all Summer, but I'll be okay with it as long as I get it as I want it.

Very excited to see your pix. My 5-year old wanted me to order Grabber Blue (we agreed on DIB), so he'll be eager to see your pix too. A few more weeks for you!!!
Old 5/22/13, 09:40 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by Varilux
Yes, waiting is pure hades- no, I may never order another car from the factory again- all that said = TOTALLY FREAKING WORTH IT!!!

Pick-up was great. Got a text around noon from my sales rep. My son was there within 20 minutes (guess he was excited too ).
The service guys let him go back and watch the PDI process (kinda cool- due to the bad weather, it was the only car they were delivering yesterday).

The folks in Flat Rock build a great product (I hate stickers on my car, but that UAW window sticker will be staying for as long as I own the car).
Things I love:
Suspension- Never been in a car with a better stock suspension- period. Not sure how much the track package changes the ride, but the car is firm but not harsh. The road talks to you, but doesn't beat you up, and no loss of confidence when you toss it into a corner.
SYNC- I'm neither a techno-phobic or -geekish, but it is so cool to simply say "Climate 68 degrees" and have the A/C respond, or "Play artist Chris Botti" and have smooth jazz ooze from the Shaker 500. Speaking of...
Shaker 500- I like music (but I'm also no audiophile), and I'm so glad I didn't bother with the upgrade to the 1000. Everyone who has been in the car so far has commented "Man, the music sounds awesome!"
Panoramic Roof- Worth it, worth it, worth it! Loved it the moment I sat inside the car, then today when I tried closing the screen I thought "My god, its claustrophobic in here!" That screen will be retracted any time I'm in the car.
Brick Red Interior- Wasn't sure if the red steering wheel would be too much, but no- its just perfect. Red interiors are just so dang sporty!

Sterling Gray- I wanted Ingot Silver (to match my '65), and the wife talked me into Sterling Gray. It does look mean, I just hope it isn't too hard to keep clean! I will say it looks quite nice in the bright sun- at night it looks really dark. Looks great with the red interior too... If it isn't too hard to clean, it'll grow on me (but I'll definitely use it to torment my wife ). Giving myself some time to decide on whether to install stripes.
Track Apps- No doubt, they are really cool. However, the pony does look like it is running downhill (I know its an optical illusion, but everyone notices it- so why don't they just rotate the image a bit). The thing I REALLY wish you could display on track apps is either your speed or the RPMs (I know they are right there on the gauges, but being able to display the speed would be just awesome- and it wouldn't be hard to program). Oh, and it would be super useful if the display put what gear you're in in the corner (six is just too many to keep track of)!
FIRST GEAR- I have the 3.73 rear, and I just have to figure out how to launch in 1st. I often get a "lurch" as the car hesitates just a bit, and I just can't seem to get out of 1st quick enough to avoid another bump going into 2nd (problem is the revs just don't bleed off- the engine holds the rpms when the clutch goes in). I will figure it out. At least there's no problem in bumper to bumper- which was my main concern. I was missing gear shifts until I figured out the shifter centers between 3 & 4. After that epiphany, its been really easy to hit my gears (as long as I don't forget where I am in the gear box).

Overall, this car is just really awesome. It does everything nonchalantly... Like "Oh, you want to merge in front of that truck that's currently going 70mph with a tiny little on-ramp? No problem!" and, "Sure this exit ramp says 30mph, but you wanna do it at 55? No big deal." Even the turn radius is impressive!

Nice ride man. I'm not a fan of red interiors but I gotta say that is one mean looking Stang. I like it. You def. Made a good choice.
Old 5/22/13, 09:46 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by woodzusa
ajcruz1
I read your sig line. How did you get it in the pipe line so fast. I ordered mine on 05/07 from a dealer in Eufaula OK. Hope they can do a turn and burn and get it to me before the shut down.
I don't think my dealer did anything to speed it up, it just happen that way. I also think it had something to do with the fact that my dealer still had a lot of of there mustang allocations left.
Old 5/22/13, 10:04 PM
GT Member

Drove by an noticed a car carrier setting there with my car on it. Watched him back it off. Then got the call from the dealer telling me my car was in. Told him "I know, I'm setting here looking at it"

Name:  ForumRunner_20130523_000144.jpg
Views: 230
Size:  21.3 KB

Name:  ForumRunner_20130523_000151.jpg
Views: 167
Size:  22.8 KB

Name:  ForumRunner_20130523_000207.jpg
Views: 234
Size:  20.4 KB

Name:  ForumRunner_20130523_000225.jpg
Views: 187
Size:  20.7 KB
Old 5/23/13, 04:55 AM
GT Member

2"]

Things I love:

Love it !!!! The Sterling Gray looks a little darker than expected? Or is it just the lighting ?

Good to see everybody getting their cars delivered! I still have no info on mine...
Old 5/23/13, 06:51 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 111 Likes on 101 Posts
Originally Posted by Dinosoar
Another dealership. Talked to several before settling on one. The Ford Dealership system sucks! So many unqualified and lazy people work there selling cars. At any rate, I have a new order in...likely won't see diddly-squat all Summer, but I'll be okay with it as long as I get it as I want it.

Very excited to see your pix. My 5-year old wanted me to order Grabber Blue (we agreed on DIB), so he'll be eager to see your pix too. A few more weeks for you!!!
Hope the next dealership experience is better! You 5 year old has good taste in color
Old 5/23/13, 09:57 AM
V6 Member

Ok so I trying to decide how to handle my dealer. I don't wanna name drop quite yet and put them on blast......but I actually went to this dealer because of the poor service at my first dealer. The sales process was buttery smooth and I was promised to be kept updated, so of course I let confident of my decision. Well it's been a month and two weeks and not one update from the dealer. I called them about 2 -3 weeks ago and got the vin and tentative date but then nothing until yesterday when I called and asked for a update. I was told the usual " have to get with inventory manager" and that I would get a call back. Well it's been we'll over 24 hrs. Deysha has giving me all my updates so far and I appreciate it. But wow I guess I just expected more from the ford dealers.
Old 5/23/13, 10:10 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by silvagsr
Ok so I trying to decide how to handle my dealer. I don't wanna name drop quite yet and put them on blast......but I actually went to this dealer because of the poor service at my first dealer. The sales process was buttery smooth and I was promised to be kept updated, so of course I let confident of my decision. Well it's been a month and two weeks and not one update from the dealer. I called them about 2 -3 weeks ago and got the vin and tentative date but then nothing until yesterday when I called and asked for a update. I was told the usual " have to get with inventory manager" and that I would get a call back. Well it's been we'll over 24 hrs. Deysha has giving me all my updates so far and I appreciate it. But wow I guess I just expected more from the ford dealers.
I think it all depends on the dealer. My Ford dealer has always been awesome. My car i'm waiting on now is the second one I'm buying from them and it has been a good ordering process. Granted they don't keep me updated unless I call them but that isn't that bad. Alot of it is hit and miss unless you deal with some of the high end dealers like Audi or BMW who are use to having to order cars for customers.
Old 5/23/13, 12:20 PM
GT Member

silvagsr,

I have had a similar experience as you're having now. And, I've really shopped around for a dealer. This sort of complancency toward customers after the sale seems rather common. It ain't good, but it ain't about you or your car. I know the more I hear how pervasive this problem is, it helps me relax to know it ain't about my car or me and that my car will come just like everyone's is. If I have to bother them more, or hit up Deysha, then I can live with that...even if we should not have to. It's the second biggest purchase most people make and I've gotten better post-purchase service from my local shoe store! You ain't alone!

Last edited by Dinosoar; 5/23/13 at 12:30 PM.
Old 5/23/13, 03:02 PM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by Neverl8
Hope it's there. It'll be a fun day. Thanks for the heads up. Yep, you're still awesome.
Lol! Thanks and congrats again!

Originally Posted by lvxlr8n
Deysha, thanks for the info. Will be looking forward to the latest update.
I'm hoping it gets delivered today. The dealer is open late today, so I could make it there after work before closing. :-)
Congrats on your ride, lvxlr8n!!

Originally Posted by woodzusa
Add me to the wait list. Ordered on 05/07. Getting a SG GT Convertible base model with tech package. Looks like I may not make it before the plant shut down. Hopefully it will get ramped up before July.
Welcome to the forum, woodzusa! PM me with your dealer’s name and order number so I can track it for you.

Originally Posted by cobrajg
The wonderful Deysha made my day with a PM saying my car is scheduling today!
Next up build date, then I can start ordering some parts.
You’re very welcome!

Gorgeous! Congrats again, Varilux!

Originally Posted by mkj5013
That. Is. Awesome! Holy crap you made me so pumped! Keep me updated if you know it's actually been loaded! You've been so helpful, thanks so much! Hope to hear more good news from you soon! Every time we have talked you've brought better and better news! Wooooo!
Looks like today will be the day…

Drove by an noticed a car carrier setting there with my car on it. Watched him back it off. Then got the call from the dealer telling me my car was in. Told him "I know, I'm setting here looking at it"
That’s what you call “perfect timing,” Neverl8!

Deysha
Old 5/23/13, 03:25 PM
Mach 1 Member

Love it !!!! The Sterling Gray looks a little darker than expected? Or is it just the lighting ?
Good to see everybody getting their cars delivered! I still have no info on mine...

Hope you get info on your order soon (as I recall, we ordered on the same day)!

I originally checked off Ingot Silver- then changed the color to the SG before submitting the order to Ford. The SG is really striking- its just really dark. I'm to the point where I love it when its in the sun... just need to have night time grow on me (the ambient lighting at night is sooooo cool)!
Old 5/23/13, 09:49 PM
V6 Member

Ajcruz1 and Dinosoar thanks for your response. It's the end of day two since I called and I called again today and was told I would get a call back,but that never happened... Well I think I will just sit back and wait..... I have a feeling it's pretty close to being shipped. I will just have to contain my excitement.
Old 5/24/13, 04:50 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by FordCustomerService

Looks like today will be the day…

Deysha
Thanks Deysha! Now I guess I just wait to hear from the dealer! Hopefully I'll get it this weekend!
Old 5/24/13, 07:50 AM
GT Member

So far, so good

Well, got a call from my dealer...prompted by my email, but that's okay. They sent me my order number (sent you a PM, Deysha). The order was placed 5/13 (this past Monday), and the build week is 6/17. I guess delivery is typically a few weeks after that(?)...my July estimate is holding true. This is where I just want to take an 8-week nap and wake up when the car arrives!
Old 5/24/13, 07:57 AM
Bullitt Member

Better hang out there so they don't sell this one on you!! Congrats! RR is the best color.
Old 5/24/13, 07:57 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 111 Likes on 101 Posts
Originally Posted by Dinosoar
Well, got a call from my dealer...prompted by my email, but that's okay. They sent me my order number (sent you a PM, Deysha). The order was placed 5/13 (this past Monday), and the build week is 6/17. I guess delivery is typically a few weeks after that(?)...my July estimate is holding true. This is where I just want to take an 8-week nap and wake up when the car arrives!
I know the feeling. Sounds like yours will be built before the plant shutdown tho so hopefully that date holds.
Old 5/24/13, 08:40 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by elkk

Better hang out there so they don't sell this one on you!! Congrats! RR is the best color.
Haha yeah. Wasn't letting it out of my sight. Now I'm in the process of calling to get an appointment for tint an stripes.

Quick Reply: 2014 Ordered/Built/Delivered Thread