2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}

2014 Ordered/Built/Delivered Thread

Search this Thread

Old 6/14/13, 09:02 AM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is Deysha updating you all with changes to shipping and delivery eta's on her own or are you asking her for updates?
Old 6/14/13, 09:06 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by cobrajg
Is Deysha updating you all with changes to shipping and delivery eta's on her own or are you asking her for updates?
Both
Old 6/14/13, 10:15 AM

Just got an update from Desha that my car is finished but hasn't been released to shipping yet and that my ETA has changed to 6/29.

Thanks for the info Deysha

Kevin
Old 6/14/13, 12:54 PM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by cobrajg
You guys have to PM me and as I go through them I send you what I have at the time, cobrajg.

Originally Posted by klmustang2011
Just got an update from Desha that my car is finished but hasn't been released to shipping yet and that my ETA has changed to 6/29.

Thanks for the info Deysha

Kevin
You’re welcome!

Deysha
Old 6/14/13, 05:51 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Did i read somewhere that those who are members of MCA member get the x-plan discount. Can anyone verify this? If do, what is the discount?

MCA members definitely get the X-Plan (you're supposed to have been a member for at least 2 months, which I was- just barely- but no one ever checked anyway).

The savings will vary depending on what your order. The pricing is supposed to be 0.4% below dealer invoice, plus the dealer can only charge you $175 in fees (many dealers now add $400-500 in "dealer fees"). Basically, you are getting any options at "dealer cost" (or at least that's what I convinced myself of as I checked option after option ). My car stickered at $44,100. With the X-Plan plus the $2,000 rebate (the best part of X-Plan is you still get any other discounts being offered) I paid right around $39,000 out the door.

Regarding the dealers- amazing thing... the same dealer that seemed clueless throughout the ordering process has been stellar since the moment the car rolled off the truck. Guess they all just have a hole in their swing when it comes to factory orders!
Old 6/14/13, 10:06 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Varilux
Did i read somewhere that those who are members of MCA member get the x-plan discount. Can anyone verify this? If do, what is the discount?

MCA members definitely get the X-Plan (you're supposed to have been a member for at least 2 months, which I was- just barely- but no one ever checked anyway).

The savings will vary depending on what your order. The pricing is supposed to be 0.4% below dealer invoice, plus the dealer can only charge you $175 in fees (many dealers now add $400-500 in "dealer fees"). Basically, you are getting any options at "dealer cost" (or at least that's what I convinced myself of as I checked option after option ). My car stickered at $44,100. With the X-Plan plus the $2,000 rebate (the best part of X-Plan is you still get any other discounts being offered) I paid right around $39,000 out the door.

Regarding the dealers- amazing thing... the same dealer that seemed clueless throughout the ordering process has been stellar since the moment the car rolled off the truck. Guess they all just have a hole in their swing when it comes to factory orders!
Thanks V,
That's a pretty good deal! I wonder if I can go back to the dealer with this deal. $5100 discount is no joke. Was your pony in the lot or ordered.
Old 6/14/13, 10:30 PM
V6 Member

The savings will vary depending on what your order. The pricing is supposed to be 0.4% below dealer invoice, plus the dealer can only charge you $175 in fees (many dealers now add $400-500 in "dealer fees").

The savings will vary depending on what your order. The pricing is supposed to be 0.4% below dealer invoice, plus the dealer can only charge you $175 in fees (many dealers now add $400-500 in "dealer fees").
Someone's particular vehicle may have once worked out to be .4% below invoice, but that's not a hard and fast formula. It can vary to some degree from model to model and unit to unit because gross margins on base vehicles differ wildly from options. Plus, there are static fees per unit that vary from model to model added on-top.

In general, most people can comfortably assume X-Plan will provide them a no-hassle price within $200 of dealer invoice (usually above). It also caps the amount dealers can charge, but that amount can and does change from time to time. No respectable dealer would ever try to charge more than $200 anyway, but X-Plan is a way to ensure customers don't get exploited.

In fact, many dealers would prefer an X-Plan deal to an equivalent negotiated purchase at the same price because Ford pays each dealer a stipend for each X-Plan transaction that, according to the terms of the program, it CANNOT pass along to the customer. It's meant to defray some of the associated costs of having maintained the car in inventory based on an overall average.

But when dealing with X-Plan, it's important to try to negotiate your best deal FIRST, because it may indeed be lower. Furthermore, you can make a dealer look like a real *** for trying to hold out for another $1,500 for no good reason only to cough it right up under X-Plan. Also, once you mention X-Plan, don't let dealers lock you into it unless it's the best possible deal overall. Some will try to pretend they MUST process the purchase as an X-Plan purchase (because there's ALSO usually an extra spiff for the salesperson), which always makes a great time to develop amnesia when it comes to providing them your X-Plan PIN.

It's a shame how some salespeople just can't seem to help themselves.

Originally Posted by Spark
Thanks V,
That's a pretty good deal! I wonder if I can go back to the dealer with this deal. $5100 discount is no joke. Was your pony in the lot or ordered.
You can always present your X-Plan eligibility until the paperwork is signed, but you'd be better-off doing the math yourself based upon the above assumptions to determine whether there'd be any benefit before asking. It's hard to look at pricing accurately in terms of "discount" from MSRP, because much of that will include third party incentives from Ford that will vary from month to month and region to region.

In determining a relative value proposition, it's almost ALWAYS best to think in terms of cost relative to dealer invoice which, for all intents and purposes, is what the dealer will have paid for the vehicle notwithstanding back-end money they receive after the purchase that's usually 3% of the base invoice price plus any "dealer pay" incentives Ford may be offering to dealers rather than consumers.

Thinking in terms of discount from MSRP can really make getting lost in the weeds much easier, as the difference between dealer invoice and window sticker will be MUCH larger on a highly-optioned vehicle than a particular trim level with no options whatsoever. For example, there's MUCH more negotiating room with a highly-optioned V6 than a baseline GT which may both have the same window sticker price.

Best of luck.
Old 6/15/13, 10:05 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Remford

But when dealing with X-Plan, it's important to try to negotiate your best deal FIRST, because it may indeed be lower. Furthermore, you can make a dealer look like a real *** for trying to hold out for another $1,500 for no good reason only to cough it right up under X-Plan. Also, once you mention X-Plan, don't let dealers lock you into it unless it's the best possible deal overall. Some will try to pretend they MUST process the purchase as an X-Plan purchase (because there's ALSO usually an extra spiff for the salesperson), which always makes a great time to develop amnesia when it comes to providing them your X-Plan PIN.

You can always present your X-Plan eligibility until the paperwork is signed, but you'd be better-off doing the math yourself based upon the above assumptions to determine whether there'd be any benefit before asking. It's hard to look at pricing accurately in terms of "discount" from MSRP, because much of that will include third party incentives from Ford that will vary from month to month and region to region.

Best of luck.
THIS ^^^
I have X plan , but was able to negotiate well below the plan price and far below invoice. Even with my dealers exorbitant "doc fees"' , I still came in well below X plan + the plan doc fee limit.
Old 6/15/13, 12:04 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Cobra 2997

THIS ^^^
I have X plan , but was able to negotiate well below the plan price and far below invoice. Even with my dealers exorbitant "doc fees"' , I still came in well below X plan + the plan doc fee limit.
Hi Cobra,
What was the MSRP and then the final price?
Old 6/15/13, 08:41 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Spark
Hi Cobra,
What was the MSRP and then the final price?
MSRP of $33,535
Invoice price was $31,493

Agreed upon price was $30,993
Less current rebate -$1,500
Less brochure coupon. -$750
Price before tax/fees = $28,743

This particular dealer charges close to $300 in doc fees, but it still works out better than the X Plan buy.
The X Plan price was $31,642.43.

I don't remember if the rebate/ coupon amount is subtracted before or after taxes are applied. So the final price could be slightly different .....

-Scott

Last edited by Cobra 2997; 6/15/13 at 08:44 PM.
Old 6/15/13, 08:54 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I had to order my particular car (the combination of the glass roof and red interior seemed to make it impossible to find one already built somewhere). Also, I believe the X-Plan adds up with every option you choose (because each option will increase the discount X-Plan provides- since there is a difference between dealer invoice and sticker).

I'm sure if I had gone with one of the cars on the lot I could have gotten a deal better than X-Plan, but considering I was placing a factory order I was pretty happy with the price I got (of course, when we get close to the arrival of the 2015 and they are giving thousands more in rebates, I'm sure there will be moments of "ugh!").

Good luck negotiating a deal. When you finally get one in your possession, it makes it all worthwhile!
Old 6/15/13, 09:35 PM
Bullitt Member

Just placed an order yesterday.

Deep impact blue
300a
Track Package
Recaros

500 under invoice plus another 2500 in rebates

I'm assuming it'll get here in September with the plant shutdown next month.
Old 6/15/13, 09:40 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by MadMoose

Deep impact blue
300a
Track Package
Recaros

Hey Madmoose excellent color choice! Is the Mustang rebate up to $2500 in your area or are you getting two different discounts?
Old 6/15/13, 10:02 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Cobra 2997

MSRP of $33,535
Invoice price was $31,493

Agreed upon price was $30,993
Less current rebate -$1,500
Less brochure coupon. -$750
Price before tax/fees = $28,743

This particular dealer charges close to $300 in doc fees, but it still works out better than the X Plan buy.
The X Plan price was $31,642.43.

I don't remember if the rebate/ coupon amount is subtracted before or after taxes are applied. So the final price could be slightly different .....

-Scott
Thanks Scott fir the info. Looks like you got a great deal. The X-plan seems like it does not works out the best all the time.

- Spark
Old 6/15/13, 10:57 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Ajcruz1

Hey Madmoose excellent color choice! Is the Mustang rebate up to $2500 in your area or are you getting two different discounts?
It's 2 rebates. The 2000 customer cash and 500 college graduate rebate
Old 6/16/13, 10:13 AM
GT Member

Exact Match!

Originally Posted by MadMoose

Deep impact blue
300a
Track Package
Recaros

Hey MadMoose, I ordered your exact same car about 4 weeks ago. The car will be built this coming week. You have the best taste in Mustangs!

Congrats on the order!
Old 6/16/13, 01:59 PM
GT Member

Anyone know whether the Ford decal/emblem is automatically deleted?
Old 6/16/13, 02:37 PM
GT Member

Got word yesterday that my Shelby is at Ramp 51 awaiting delivery to my dealer. ETA range is sometime this week. The car only has to travel 40 miles so hoping it happens quickly. My dealer is very large and said they get cars almost daily. I am one happy camper right now.
Old 6/16/13, 03:01 PM

Originally Posted by saparish
Got word yesterday that my Shelby is at Ramp 51 awaiting delivery to my dealer. ETA range is sometime this week. The car only has to travel 40 miles so hoping it happens quickly. My dealer is very large and said they get cars almost daily. I am one happy camper right now.
That's fantastic..
Old 6/16/13, 03:06 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by klmustang2011

That's fantastic..
Sweet! This must be a good father's day news.

Quick Reply: 2014 Ordered/Built/Delivered Thread