2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

2014 Ordered/Built/Delivered Thread

Search this Thread

Old 5/20/13, 09:08 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Did any of you guys do financing before your car arrived or did you wait until your car arrived? I already worked out the numbers with the dealer but I'm thinking about getting all the paperwork up to he final signatures done.
Once I was confident I was within 30 days of delivery, I put in an on-line application through my bank (Bank of America). Received a ridiculously low rate that is good for 30 days, printed out the forms, and plan on just taking them to the dealer when I pick up the car.
Old 5/20/13, 10:17 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Red Pony Pal
Quick question for any Bay Area pony owners in the SF or Silicon Valley area:
Are they big on giving tickets for not having front license plates?
We are going to be visiting for a few weeks and were hoping to not have to drill the front for the front license plate, especially since we are out of state.
Any info is appreciated!
I installed a "STO N SHO" bracket, from Big Mike's Performance, on my 2014 GT. Easy "slide-in and lock/slide-out and store" feature. Mounting plate attaches to the underside of the lower valance. Only one additional screw hole is necessary. The additional screw is self-tapping. Otherwise, it mounts in 2 pre-existing OEM screw holes. Takes about 10 minutes to install.

Big Mike also offers a military discount for veterans, if applicable. His wife shipped mine the same day I ordered it. I received it within the week.

http://www.bigmikesperformanceparts....Mikes_Home.php
Old 5/20/13, 10:37 AM
GT Member

Back in the saddle again

Well, I am back in the saddle again with this Thread. I placed another order for my 2014 GT (Base, Track Pack, Recaros, Deep Impact Blue) this weekend. Some of you may have caught my fiasco with my first order whereby the dealer ingnored all calls/emails for four full weeks, and it culimnated in me visiting the dealer only to be told nothing, and that the price we agreed to with a signature had to be renegotiated...$800 more!! I canceled, got my deposit, and never looked back. I will be writing a letter to the dealership owner, however.

My search for a new dealership took more than a few tries to get them to agree to pricing. My issue was several grand in Ford Racing parts out of the catalog (for both the new 2014 and my existing baby, my 2008 GT). I got a sweet deal at a new dealer and will be monitoring my order over the next several weeks. Oh yeah, factory rebates went up to $2000 during the fiasco too! Nice!

Anyone order a car this weekend? Estimates on delivery? I think early May orders were delivered inside of five weeks, but subsequent orders are taking upwards of 7-8 weeks I believe. My Summer may be shot, but my dream Stang is coming all the same!
Old 5/20/13, 11:37 AM
Cobra Member

Hope it works out for you Dinosoar! You should be able to get yours done before the shutdown. Looks like those of us who ordered this month have had some good luck getting there orders done
Old 5/20/13, 11:41 AM
GT Member

Day 114 eta was last Friday. No car. Saturday...no car. Monday..computers not cooperating So we can't see where your car is.
Old 5/20/13, 11:57 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by theallmightycow
Hi Deysha, I sent you a PM
I’ll send you another update as soon as possible, theallmightycow.

Originally Posted by saparish
Woohoo, my Shelby got scheduled. My dealer sent me the VIN and build date week of 6/3 at 7:45 this morning. Big shout out to my salesman Dan Divens at Varsity Ford for the great customer service. Only thing missing is the 4 week coma option so the next time I wake up the car would be here.
Woot woot!

Originally Posted by silvagsr
First off......Deysha your awesome....got eta to be at dealer around June 6th.. can't wait.
Thanks, silvagsr!!

Originally Posted by dmichaels
I heard the same for mine... coming up quick!
It sure is!

Originally Posted by klmustang2011
Thanks to Deysha...got my VIN# for the Shelby yesterday and the priority is 1 which is a good thing I hear
Thanks again Deysha. Now I'm just waiting for my window sticker to show up.
You’re very welcome!

Originally Posted by Braun13
Thanks Deysha for all the info! Not going to lie, I could kiss you right now.
Originally Posted by Ajcruz1
Unbelievable! Stang is already in production and my ETA to my dealer got moved up 2weeks sooner. Thanks Deysha! what he said lol
Lol!! You’re very welcome, guys!

Originally Posted by lvxlr8n
Mine has been on a train ride since Tuesday. I was told by the wonderful Deysha, that the train is almost to Wisconsin! ETA still 5/26. Hope I get it before that weekend. :-)
It should be there this week, lvxlr8n.

Originally Posted by tater
thanks deysha for checking the status on my ordered shelby, ordered 3/5/13 still no build date
You’re welcome, tater!

Originally Posted by Varilux
Deysha gave me an ETA of 18 May. On Wednesday, the dealer said "late this week or early next."

I give up. Deysha is great- and simultaneously helps dozens of customers track their cars. My dealership, however, can't even seem to keep up with one! I'm sure I'll be excited to get behind the driver's seat, but this dealer has managed to suck the joy out of what should have been a cool experience.
It’s just waiting on a truck to bring it in, Varilux. It should be there this week.

Originally Posted by maverick1125
No replies from Deysha on my two PMs this week. I guess that just means no news on my order. On to week 4 without Ford picking up my order. I just want my car before they close for a month at the end of June.
I sent you an update, maverick1125. Thank you for your patience.

Originally Posted by 55r2014
2014 DIB Mustang GT. I just picked mine up on Tuesday.
Track Package, Recaro Seats, Rear Sensing Sys/Security
Congrats, 55r2014!!

Originally Posted by mkj5013
Ordered mine on 4/20, got the VIN 5/13 and the window sticker on 5/14 with a build date of 5/20 so today! The birth of my car is happening as I write this! So excited, hoping it comes off the line and arrives soon!
It was born early, mkj5013! It finished on Friday.

Originally Posted by Dinosoar
Well, I am back in the saddle again with this Thread.
Did you send me the new info, Dinosoar?

Originally Posted by Neverl8
Day 114 eta was last Friday. No car. Saturday...no car. Monday..computers not cooperating So we can't see where your car is.
It’s already on a rail car, Neverl8. It’ll get moving soon.

Deysha
Old 5/20/13, 12:11 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by FordCustomerService
It’s already on a rail car, Neverl8. It’ll get moving soon.

Deysha
get moving soon? Dealer said it was already in VA....now I'm curious to where it is..
Old 5/20/13, 01:02 PM
Mach 1 Member

It’s just waiting on a truck to bring it in, Varilux. It should be there this week.

Some time this week?!?!? You're killing me!

Perhaps an illustration is in order... I am presently sitting at the little star on the map. The train yard is where the little Mustang emblem sits. I could be there in 25 minutes tops.

Just kidding- thanks for the update Deysha!

My dealer just sent me a text letting me know the car is at the train yard in Mesquite, and the "manager is going to call over and see when they plan on trucking it to the dealership." Getting closer!
Attached Thumbnails 2014 Ordered/Built/Delivered Thread-mustang-final-leg.jpg  
Old 5/20/13, 02:05 PM

Need help tracking my order please

Hi!

I have my order confirmation and dealer code. My dealer put me in as a priority 99 (yikes!) and is unresponsive. It's been 17 long years since I ordered my last new Mustang and I can't wait!

Deysha can you help me out in changing my priority and tracking my order?

2014 GT Premium Convertible with brembo's, 6-speed, convenience. Order placed 5/6.

Thanks for your help!
Old 5/20/13, 03:21 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by FordCustomerService

It was born early, mkj5013! It finished on Friday.

Deysha
Thanks Deysha! That's beyond exciting, I was literally just jumping up and down the room happy haha. Please let me know if you hear anything else about it being put on it's convoy!

Thanks again! All of your responses have been awesome!
Old 5/20/13, 03:50 PM
Bullitt Member

Perhaps an illustration is in order... I am presently sitting at the little star on the map. The train yard is where the little Mustang emblem sits. I could be there in 25 minutes tops.

My dealer just sent me a text letting me know the car is at the train yard in Mesquite, and the "manager is going to call over and see when they plan on trucking it to the dealership." Getting closer!
Pete, I know what you're going through. Sucks, doesn't it? Actually, I'm surprised you haven't kidnapped a PDI Tech and headed to Mesquite yet.

Whatever day she arrives this week, I expect to see some pics by this weekend. Hook us up!!!
Old 5/20/13, 04:57 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 111 Likes on 101 Posts
Received a couple brochures today... $750 coupon included. Curiously, the brochure addressed to me had a financing offer, the one to my brother had $750... no issue using the one addressed to my brother I assume?
Old 5/20/13, 06:52 PM

Originally Posted by Red Pony Pal
Quick question for any Bay Area pony owners in the SF or Silicon Valley area:
Are they big on giving tickets for not having front license plates?
We are going to be visiting for a few weeks and were hoping to not have to drill the front for the front license plate, especially since we are out of state.
Any info is appreciated!
not sure about north ca, but in so ca where i live they do in force the front lic plate law because of the red light cameras no plate = no ticket= no money collected, the good news is the missing plate ticket is just a fix it ticket, 86 days and counting for my stang
Old 5/20/13, 07:42 PM
Mach 1 Member

Pete, I know what you're going through. Sucks, doesn't it? Actually, I'm surprised you haven't kidnapped a PDI Tech and headed to Mesquite yet.

Shhhhh! I work with an USAF colonel (reserves) who interprets intel from drones- the plan is for him to task one to reconnoiter the rail yard. Then, my ex-Army brother (who participated in Desert Storm and happens to drive big rigs now) will lead a sortie to infiltrate the yard and extract the Stang! We expect minimal resistance, but I'm guessing they don't ship with the keys inside the car (which may prove problematic)!
COMMENCING OPERATION HORSE THIEF!!!

Last edited by Varilux; 5/20/13 at 07:43 PM.
Old 5/20/13, 09:33 PM
Bullitt Member

Shhhhh! I work with an USAF colonel (reserves) who interprets intel from drones- the plan is for him to task one to reconnoiter the rail yard. Then, my ex-Army brother (who participated in Desert Storm and happens to drive big rigs now) will lead a sortie to infiltrate the yard and extract the Stang! We expect minimal resistance, but I'm guessing they don't ship with the keys inside the car (which may prove problematic)!

I concur with your assessment and plan of action. Ensure Intel has made confirmed eye contact of the subject rail car. High priority is ordered to the equestrian rail yard extraction of the targeted horse, upon confirmation that its cabin has been accessed and provisions made to ensure it is operational, under it's own power. All commands will remain on "STANDBY" and assist by any and all means to accomplish this operation. Mission completion is paramount, as per the time sensitive necessity to deliver said horse to the waiting owner. GOD SPEED.

MGen I.P. Green
USMC (Union Street Marble Champs)
Old 5/21/13, 05:28 AM

Since my car was built yesterday, I had to come up with a name for her. Since she will be black with dark rims... What better name than Betty? Black Betty it is. Coming from one black car to another, I'm running out of names that require black in front of the name(last car was Black Mamba).

On a side note, is anyone able to share experience on about how long it takes to ship from the day it was 'blended' or built? I'm too anxious to ever be this picky about a car again.
Old 5/21/13, 06:25 AM
GT Member

Since my car was built yesterday, I had to come up with a name for her. Since she will be black with dark rims... What better name than Betty? Black Betty it is. Coming from one black car to another, I'm running out of names that require black in front of the name(last car was Black Mamba).

On a side note, is anyone able to share experience on about how long it takes to ship from the day it was 'blended' or built? I'm too anxious to ever be this picky about a car again.
Mine was built on 4/29 and was shipped last Wednesday. Every one is different though.
Old 5/21/13, 06:37 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by Neverl8
get moving soon? Dealer said it was already in VA....now I'm curious to where it is..
My system updated after I posted this… It sure is in VA waiting on a truck.

Almost there!

Originally Posted by 2014RagTopDay
Hi!
I have my order confirmation and dealer code. My dealer put me in as a priority 99 (yikes!) and is unresponsive. It's been 17 long years since I ordered my last new Mustang and I can't wait!

Deysha can you help me out in changing my priority and tracking my order?
I sure can, 2014RagTopDay! Welcome and congrats on your order. I’ll get back to you as soon as possible with some great news.

Originally Posted by mkj5013
Thanks Deysha! That's beyond exciting, I was literally just jumping up and down the room happy haha. Please let me know if you hear anything else about it being put on it's convoy!
Thanks again! All of your responses have been awesome!
You’re very welcome, mkj5013!

ROFL!!!

Since my car was built yesterday, I had to come up with a name for her.
It can take up to 2 weeks to be loaded and shipped, Braun13.

Deysha
Old 5/21/13, 06:46 AM

I don't know how I will be able to focus at work... Waiting for the call that my car is here is going to make me useless. Ha ha.
Old 5/21/13, 08:30 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Ajcruz1
Hope it works out for you Dinosoar! You should be able to get yours done before the shutdown. Looks like those of us who ordered this month have had some good luck getting there orders done
Thanks, Ajcruz1. I didn't know shutdown was so close. So I guess we'll have some of the last solid axle Mustangs in history then. While I'm very eagerly awaiting the S550 Stangs and the IRS (long overdue!), I will want to wait a few model years for the "bugs" to be worked out (like the 2005-6 Mustangs had). I think I'll enjoy my "old school" solid axle Mustang for a few years until then!

Deysha, no new info on my order yet, but I'll PM you the numbers when I get them later this week (I hope). Thanks!!!

Last edited by Dinosoar; 5/21/13 at 08:41 AM.

Quick Reply: 2014 Ordered/Built/Delivered Thread