Notices
2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

2014 Ordered/Built/Delivered Thread

Search this Thread

Old 5/24/13, 12:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just received a call from the dealer the car is there. Surprised it is a week early, pick her up tommorrow at 2pm. I told them no to the glasscoat (Is it a sham?), I'll wax it myself. Now I have to make thru the rest of the day at work. Can not wait to get in it.
Later
Old 5/24/13, 01:08 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 111 Likes on 101 Posts
Originally Posted by Purplekrab
Just received a call from the dealer the car is there. Surprised it is a week early, pick her up tommorrow at 2pm. I told them no to the glasscoat (Is it a sham?), I'll wax it myself. Now I have to make thru the rest of the day at work. Can not wait to get in it.
Later
Very nice - yours came in quick huh? I ordered 2 days after you but am about 3.5 weeks away from the predicted delivery! Hope pickup goes well

I will not be taking any of the dealer add-ons. No stickers, no coatings, no treatments, and no front license plate holder!
Old 5/24/13, 02:49 PM
GT Member

Received my VIN today !!!

Finally got some info on my order that I placed on 4/11 !!
Deysha PM'd me my VIN !!!

Thanks Deysha, very much appreciated !!!

-Scott
Old 5/24/13, 04:02 PM
GT Member

First of all, my apologies for a first post here and not in the intro section.

When is plant shutdown this year? I placed my order yesterday and I'm trying to come up with a best case for delivery.
(Edit: I found the answer on page 97 of this thread..."end of June")

Thanks in advance...I'll definitely post details here. In the interim, I will gladly live vicariously through those who are further along in the process. There are some beautiful cars on this site.

As I get a severe case of CDO when waiting on a two day book shipment from Amazon, waiting a couple of months for my new car will probably push me over the edge.

Last edited by PonyOx; 5/24/13 at 04:41 PM. Reason: found answer to question
Old 5/24/13, 05:24 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by PonyOx
First of all, my apologies for a first post here and not in the intro section.

When is plant shutdown this year? I placed my order yesterday and I'm trying to come up with a best case for delivery.
(Edit: I found the answer on page 97 of this thread..."end of June")

Thanks in advance...I'll definitely post details here. In the interim, I will gladly live vicariously through those who are further along in the process. There are some beautiful cars on this site.

As I get a severe case of CDO when waiting on a two day book shipment from Amazon, waiting a couple of months for my new car will probably push me over the edge.
Welcome PonyOx and congrats on your Order. I visit this site everyday to help me "cope" with the wait. Been waiting a little over 7 weeks on my Shelby and still have 33 days to go (not that I'm counting or anything, ETA of 6/26). Hopefully your car gets built before the shutdown.
Old 5/24/13, 05:26 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by dmichaels
Very nice - yours came in quick huh? I ordered 2 days after you but am about 3.5 weeks away from the predicted delivery! Hope pickup goes well

I will not be taking any of the dealer add-ons. No stickers, no coatings, no treatments, and no front license plate holder!
I demanded the same. Nothing I hate worse than Armorall and tire shine. That garbage belongs in a dumpster. Not all over my new pony.

I DID allow them to install a dealership advertisement plate on the rear for 30 days (until I register the car and transfer tags). It will then go on my garage wall with the other 3.

My "STO N SHO" front license plate bracket is ready for a tag.
Old 5/24/13, 06:34 PM
V6 Member

Update actually got a call from the dealer and was told that its on a rail car around the Boston area. Looking for it to come in around 5/31- 6/4. **** I'm excited!!!!! When Deysha gets back to me I will see what she has found out.
Old 5/24/13, 07:42 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
No tire shine here, either! The service guys had my note not to ArmorAll anything, and they were STILL going to put stuff on the tires. Fortunately, my son was sitting there watching them prep the car and said "Um, I don't think you need to do that!"

All that tire shine stuff does is get all over the paint. Gimme some Ajax and a scrub brush, and I'll get the tires flat black- you know, like rubber is supposed to look like?

My coil covers are sitting in the kitchen drying from their coat of blue... That's the only mod for now!
Old 5/24/13, 08:12 PM

Originally Posted by Neverl8
Haha yeah. Wasn't letting it out of my sight. Now I'm in the process of calling to get an appointment for tint an stripes.
Im probably going to be putting stripes on mine, let me know what kind of prices you are getting. Are you getting them painted on?
Old 5/24/13, 08:39 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by stinger1988

Im probably going to be putting stripes on mine, let me know what kind of prices you are getting. Are you getting them painted on?
Was thinking about getting them painted but for now just vinyl. Two ten inch stripes are $550 installed.
Old 5/25/13, 05:52 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Varilux
No tire shine here, either! The service guys had my note not to ArmorAll anything, and they were STILL going to put stuff on the tires. Fortunately, my son was sitting there watching them prep the car and said "Um, I don't think you need to do that!"

All that tire shine stuff does is get all over the paint. Gimme some Ajax and a scrub brush, and I'll get the tires flat black- you know, like rubber is supposed to look like?

My coil covers are sitting in the kitchen drying from their coat of blue... That's the only mod for now!
I got a taste of tire shine on my '07 GT. By the time I made the 30 mile interstate trip home, that crap had coated the wheel wells. It's nothing more than a dirt magnet. Same goes for Armorall type interior treatments. Clean and dry, that's my preference.

What specific paint brand and color did you use on your coil covers? I've been wanting a change from the factory grey too.
Old 5/25/13, 07:05 AM

Here are some pictures of the Shelby the day I picked it up. Been busy working and driving around to get on the computer till now.

Name:  IMG_5396.jpg
Views: 128
Size:  70.9 KB

Name:  IMG_5398.jpg
Views: 150
Size:  89.1 KB

Name:  IMG_5400.jpg
Views: 131
Size:  32.1 KB
Old 5/25/13, 09:02 AM
GT Member

Got my car yesterday! 1 day short of 5 weeks from order to delivery! Ordered 4/20, Build 5/17, delivered 5/24! Deysha as a huge help the whole time and told me it was loaded on a convoy on Thursday and Friday during lunch, my dealer called and said I could pick it up! Here's the first pic I took of it at the dealer...hopefully more to come soon!
Old 5/25/13, 01:01 PM
Mach 1 Member

That Shelby looks like its saying "Get out of my way- now- before I have to hurt you!"

Love the wheels on that Sterling Gray. Congrats to you both- and enjoy!

What specific paint brand and color did you use on your coil covers? I've been wanting a change from the factory grey too.
I just went to Autozone and looked for something close. In the end, it came down to two- an engine paint called "Old Ford Blue," and a header paint called "flat blue" I eventually went with. The Old Ford Blue is definitely a bit darker than the Boss 302 coil cover color- but in retrospect, it might look better (but I think the flat blue is closer to the Boss 302 coil cover color). Given my red interior, I might eventually go with Roush Red on them someday (ironically, the original valve cover in my '65 six was red too).

However, considering it cost all of $7.34 (with tax), and about 1 hour of time (I shot some adhesion promoter on the covers before giving three light coats of the blue), I'm quite happy with the "pop" it gives. Yes, I still have the sound tube (pulled the foam plug last night, if I like the sound I'll keep it- if not, I have the delete kit waiting in the garage).

I also installed flat black decals to the extractor vents. Other than the coil cover paint, flat black extractors, and (to be ordered and done yet) some hood struts, I'm going to leave things alone for now.

For those of you still waiting on delivery, go ahead and order some hood struts now. The prop rod is ridiculous, and the hood isn't exactly light weight. The prop rod gets pretty darn hot sitting on top of the radiator, and it would be much more convenient to have struts!
Attached Thumbnails 2014 Ordered/Built/Delivered Thread-coils-front.jpg   2014 Ordered/Built/Delivered Thread-coils-side.jpg   2014 Ordered/Built/Delivered Thread-coils-paint.jpg   2014 Ordered/Built/Delivered Thread-coil-paint-bar-code.jpg  
Old 5/25/13, 02:12 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 111 Likes on 101 Posts
Shelby looks awesome! Has she been given WOT yet?
Old 5/25/13, 06:09 PM
Bullitt Member

That Shelby looks like its saying "Get out of my way- now- before I have to hurt you!"

Love the wheels on that Sterling Gray. Congrats to you both- and enjoy!

I just went to Autozone and looked for something close. In the end, it came down to two- an engine paint called "Old Ford Blue," and a header paint called "flat blue" I eventually went with. The Old Ford Blue is definitely a bit darker than the Boss 302 coil cover color- but in retrospect, it might look better (but I think the flat blue is closer to the Boss 302 coil cover color). Given my red interior, I might eventually go with Roush Red on them someday (ironically, the original valve cover in my '65 six was red too).

However, considering it cost all of $7.34 (with tax), and about 1 hour of time (I shot some adhesion promoter on the covers before giving three light coats of the blue), I'm quite happy with the "pop" it gives. Yes, I still have the sound tube (pulled the foam plug last night, if I like the sound I'll keep it- if not, I have the delete kit waiting in the garage).

I also installed flat black decals to the extractor vents. Other than the coil cover paint, flat black extractors, and (to be ordered and done yet) some hood struts, I'm going to leave things alone for now.

For those of you still waiting on delivery, go ahead and order some hood struts now. The prop rod is ridiculous, and the hood isn't exactly light weight. The prop rod gets pretty darn hot sitting on top of the radiator, and it would be much more convenient to have struts!
Pete, I love the "Flat Blue" coil covers. Good choice and GOOD job painting them. What's your opinion of me painting the intake cover Flat Blue as well? IMO, the engine bay is way too black. I pondered the thoughts of a near Race Red on both to match the color of my car but, that's too much red. Either way I go, the intake cover will get a little stainless trimming too.

Hood Struts: LOL. I know what you're talking about. Stupid me, first grabbed the rod (without thinking) after a long trip. I quickly learned to grasp it by the rubber coated end. That sucker was scalding hot. Each time I raised the hood to show off the Coyote, the rod was an embarrassing feature. So, I dropped by CJ Pony Parts and ordered a pair of Redline Plus Hood Struts. ($89.99 with free shipping) They look somewhat long, when extended, but they're significantly cheaper priced than others and take just a few minutes to install with no drilling. I was afraid they wouldn't be as powerful as I like, especially in cold weather, but they will do fine, I'm sure. I think you would agree that they are quite powerful and hold the hood securely. The fugly prop rod is sharing my attic with the factory mats and sound tube.

Last edited by Missouri Hoss; 5/25/13 at 06:12 PM.
Old 5/25/13, 06:11 PM

Picked her up today, here are some pics if they work
Attached Thumbnails 2014 Ordered/Built/Delivered Thread-p1.jpg   2014 Ordered/Built/Delivered Thread-p2.jpg   2014 Ordered/Built/Delivered Thread-p3.jpg   2014 Ordered/Built/Delivered Thread-p4.jpg   2014 Ordered/Built/Delivered Thread-p5.jpg  

Old 5/25/13, 06:41 PM
Mach 1 Member

Love the wheels on the Cali Special! Nice car!

What's your opinion of me painting the intake cover Flat Blue as well? IMO, the engine bay is way too black.
Agree the engine bay is dark- and the light blue does pop... Having the whole engine cover might be a bit much though (I was thinking along the same lines). What I'd like to find is a light silver carbon fiber cover- something close to the strut tower cross bar color. The ugly worm is out of the car (didn't really do much for me, and things look cleaner without it).

You already have the struts installed? Wow! Those were the exact same ones I was thinking of (and the same vendor too- I grew up less than 5 miles from CJs). Look for some more pics (including the 65) in my new ride thread!
Old 5/25/13, 10:09 PM
Bullitt Member

Love the wheels on the Cali Special! Nice car!

What's your opinion of me painting the intake cover Flat Blue as well? IMO, the engine bay is way too black.
Agree the engine bay is dark- and the light blue does pop... Having the whole engine cover might be a bit much though (I was thinking along the same lines). What I'd like to find is a light silver carbon fiber cover- something close to the strut tower cross bar color. The ugly worm is out of the car (didn't really do much for me, and things look cleaner without it).

You already have the struts installed? Wow! Those were the exact same ones I was thinking of (and the same vendor too- I grew up less than 5 miles from CJs). Look for some more pics (including the 65) in my new ride thread!
You are probably right about too much blue. Guess I'll look more into some stainless trim and leave it black for now.

I guess I explained my CJ contact incorrectly. I "dropped by" their website, not the company. Anyway, CJ got right on my order and shipped them out the same day. Three days later, they arrived by postal carrier and I installed them with ease. 100% satisfied customer. I'll be doing business with them again.
Attached Thumbnails 2014 Ordered/Built/Delivered Thread-dsc00001.jpg   2014 Ordered/Built/Delivered Thread-dsc00002.jpg   2014 Ordered/Built/Delivered Thread-dsc00003.jpg  
Old 5/25/13, 10:25 PM
Cobra Member

Hey guys those are some sweet rides you got. Glad to see more of you are getting your cars. Gotta be honest tho its making me more impatient as the days go on lol. Hopefully only a couple weeks left.

Quick Reply: 2014 Ordered/Built/Delivered Thread