2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}

2014 Ordered/Built/Delivered Thread

Search this Thread

Old 5/21/13, 08:46 AM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by FordCustomerService
My system updated after I posted this… It sure is in VA waiting on a truck.
Any idea what the eta is now? Since it's waiting on a truck I doubt it'll make it there today. Just curious. Thanks. .
Old 5/21/13, 08:49 AM
V6 Member

Ok quick question. My "blend" date is today. Does that mean the car is done today or starting to be built today?
Old 5/21/13, 08:50 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by dmichaels
Received a couple brochures today... $750 coupon included. Curiously, the brochure addressed to me had a financing offer, the one to my brother had $750... no issue using the one addressed to my brother I assume?
Congrats, dmichaels! I won't be getting my sister car to yours as my order was cancelled (the dealer's still getting though), but I'll be eager to see your car pix when you pick that car up in about 3 weeks!!
Old 5/21/13, 08:51 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by silvagsr
Ok quick question. My "blend" date is today. Does that mean the car is done today or starting to be built today?
it's more like an estimate. It could be done then or a little before or a little after.
Old 5/21/13, 09:02 AM

Deysha-
When you say it should be here this week, does that mean it is done having a train ride? And waiting to be trucked? :-)
Old 5/21/13, 09:50 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I don't know how I will be able to focus at work... Waiting for the call that my car is here is going to make me useless. Ha ha.

I'm losing productivity here as well! I'm thinking of sending one of the interns up to stakeout the dealer to help me stop thinking about the car. Add in the fact that the area is supposed to get some major wind and hail storms here this afternoon...
Old 5/21/13, 10:09 AM
GT Member

Just got my first ever update from the dealership after 115 days. They called to say the car is 2hours an 29 minutes away. an they marked the car as HOT, HIGH PRIORITY. Dunno what difference that will make. Hopefully it will help.
Old 5/21/13, 10:23 AM

Originally Posted by Varilux
I don't know how I will be able to focus at work... Waiting for the call that my car is here is going to make me useless. Ha ha.

I'm losing productivity here as well! I'm thinking of sending one of the interns up to stakeout the dealer to help me stop thinking about the car. Add in the fact that the area is supposed to get some major wind and hail storms here this afternoon...
Unfortunately for me, my dealer is a little over 1hr away. Otherwise I would be doing some stakeouts of my own. Ha!
Old 5/21/13, 10:35 AM
GT Member

It can take up to 2 weeks to be loaded and shipped, Braun13.

Deysha[/QUOTE]

Hey Deysha, quick question. If my Shelby gets "stuck" so to speak waiting on delivery, does Ford allow the dealer to pick it up? My car only has to travel 60 miles to Ann Arbor so I am sure someone at the dealership would be happy to take a 60 mile joy ride in the Shelby if allowed. Hopefully it doesn't come to that. Waiting a couple weeks for a completed car 60 miles away would be a killer.
Old 5/21/13, 11:52 AM
Mach 1 Member

Car is AT the dealership getting the pre-delivery inspection done!!!

I have been assured the car will stay in the service bay all afternoon (forecast is for tornadoes and hail in the area in a short while).

Now I just need to make sure my trade-in doesn't get clobbered!

I have a meeting that ends at 3pm- should be at the dealer by 3:15!
Old 5/21/13, 12:22 PM

Thanks Deysha! I appreciate the quick response.
Old 5/21/13, 12:25 PM
Bullitt Member

Car is AT the dealership getting the pre-delivery inspection done!!!

I have been assured the car will stay in the service bay all afternoon (forecast is for tornadoes and hail in the area in a short while).

Now I just need to make sure my trade-in doesn't get clobbered!

I have a meeting that ends at 3pm- should be at the dealer by 3:15!
From the time mine rolled off the truck, to the time it had been PDI'd, fueled and washed, it was ready in 2 1/2 hours. I got a call shortly after noon and she was ready to roll at 2:30pm. The process doesn't take all that long. I'm glad this is YOUR day. You'll certainly enjoy it.

Last edited by Missouri Hoss; 5/21/13 at 12:26 PM.
Old 5/21/13, 12:53 PM

Quick update. My car is being built(or is done by now) today and here are some pics snapped of it while it's on the line by one of my wife's friends!!

*edit* seems you have to open the link in another window. and won't attach here. here is a link with more photos coming

http://imgur.com/a/totNJ

Last edited by WTWB; 5/21/13 at 12:55 PM.
Old 5/21/13, 01:02 PM

That's awesome news varilux!
Old 5/21/13, 01:22 PM
Mach 1 Member

Cool pics WTWB! Since you have pretty much the same set-up, I might have to keep these as representative of what mine looked like going down the line (we both ordered SG, GT, NAV, etc.).

My son went down to the dealer to watch them getting her prepped. He sent two pics with white tape all over it (and now claims to have been on a ride with the sales guy- hmmm...). I asked what he thought, and the text reply was (poor grammar and all):

"I LOVE IT!1! words can't explain its breathe taking u gotta see it"
Attached Thumbnails 2014 Ordered/Built/Delivered Thread-exterior.jpg   2014 Ordered/Built/Delivered Thread-interior.jpg  

Last edited by Varilux; 5/21/13 at 01:39 PM.
Old 5/21/13, 01:36 PM

Cool pics WTWB! Since you have pretty much the same set-up, I might have to keep these as representative of what mine looked like going down the line (we both ordered SG, GT, NAV, etc.).

My son went down to the dealer to watch them getting her prepped. He sent two pics with white tape all over it (and now claims to have been on a ride with the sales guy- hmmm...). I asked what he thought, and the text reply was (poor grammar and all):

ya. I would imagine the same options are all the same to the people putting them together, and look the same. I still got a bit of wait for it to get here but it got made before shutdown.. so I am super excited for that
Old 5/21/13, 03:10 PM
GT Member

Deysha, since my car is already built (thanks again!) what are the chances that the ETA (June 7th) is actually further away than when i'll get my car? Does it really take that long to load them onto a convoy? Thanks!
Old 5/21/13, 03:10 PM
GT Member

also, loving the Sterling Gray pics! Soon I'll be a part of the club! cool pics Varilux and WTWB!
Old 5/21/13, 03:11 PM
Bullitt Member

Pete, SHE'S GORGEOUS!!! I'm glad you got her today. Congrats to you. Now, the sweet adventure begins.
Old 5/21/13, 03:14 PM
GT Member

Oh and one more thing, any thoughts on going with the OTT stripes? I was originally going to go with black since I figured it would work best and my car has equip option 201A (includes the black side stripe). However, I've been doing some research and some playing and have found that using a darker red, (not ruby red) looks pretty good when playing around with the dream car customizer on ford's mustang page. i think those would be unique but not sure I want to do it for sure...opinions matter, i'm curious what you all think! Thanks!

Quick Reply: 2014 Ordered/Built/Delivered Thread