Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

2014 Ordered/Built/Delivered Thread

Search this Thread

Old 6/10/13, 02:03 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mkj5013

You are gonna want to get ahold of Deysha on this forum. Your priority number is super high (59) and you want to get it lower. I believe the best you can get is a 10. She may be able to help you with this but I'm not sure. Having a high priority number will potentially, make it take much longer to get your car. Some others may have more input. I was a priority 10 and got mine in 5 weeks, order to delivery. I do have a friend who ordered a week after me and his hasn't been built yet so he's looking at much longer. I got a V6 premium with a few packages and he got a GT premium with packages. It all depends on several things that I believe Deysha can also comment on. She is very helpful. She is the member 'FordCustomerService' on this forum. If you PM her, with your order information (Order #, dealer #, date of order, etc) she can help provide you with updates. Good luck!
How do I get a hold of Deysha? I tried sending a PM using "Deysha" in the send box, but could not find the person.

Thanks!
Old 6/10/13, 02:16 PM
GT Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Spark
How do I get a hold of Deysha? I tried sending a PM using "Deysha" in the send box, but could not find the person.

Thanks!
Look for 'FordCustomerService' or alternatively, go back a few pages in this thread until you see a post by her. She does a mass reply to several people's inquiries on the forums so if you click on her name, or 'FordCustomerService' you should be able to send her a message that way.

In fact, go to page 114 of this thread. She has a post there. Hard to miss, not far down the page.

Last edited by mkj5013; 6/10/13 at 02:17 PM.
Old 6/10/13, 02:20 PM
V6 Member

Thanks!
Click on her Board name on page 114, post #2264.
Old 6/10/13, 02:22 PM
GT Member

Thanks mkj! I will do that nd hope the fairy godmother responds soon. I can't believe your took about one month to de delivered! Good for you! Post pix.
Old 6/10/13, 02:22 PM
GT Member

#@$% !!! I definitely missed that article. Thanks for the update, Flynford!!! (and cobrajg).

I'll get over it, just not today. Maybe, just maybe, I'll get mine built before the shutdown, but I'll have to prepare myself for the worst.

Last edited by Dinosoar; 6/10/13 at 02:28 PM.
Old 6/10/13, 02:40 PM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by Whiplash78
Hi folks, new user and future pony owner here. Figured I'd share my info/frustrations as well:

2014 GT Premium, Deep Impact Blue, Glass Roof
Here's to hoping it gets built before the shutdown!
Originally Posted by Softballer77
Hello, I'm new to the forum.
I ordered a GT500 through the Exchange service for military and civilians serving abroad. I managed to get one of the 30 allotted to us for this year. I received my vin # the other day through the Exchange email, but have been unable to find out any other info.
Perhaps you can help me out Deysha? I am due to be home from this deployment in a few weeks and can't wait to take delivery.

Thanks everyone.
Congrats and welcome, guys. I sent you some info last week.

Originally Posted by mkj5013
I really hope all of you guys get your cars soon! i have a friend who ordered a GT premium a week after I ordered my car (4/20 for me) and I got mine 2 weeks ago and his hasn't been built yet and with the factory closed this week, he's pretty sad. I only have a V6 premium but I'm sure to give him plenty of rides to keep him pumped for his.
What a beauty, mkj5013!!

Originally Posted by danster68
Good Morning Deysha
Just sent u PM about getting an update on my Shelby order.
I sent you some info last week.

Originally Posted by CrazyStand
Woo got my VIN from Deysha.
Lol! You’re welcome, CrazyStand!

Originally Posted by maverick1125
I had to go to plan C. The dealer in Texas were being jerks and wouldn't make a deal with my dealer to get me my grabber blue car with appearance package. I got frustrated and tired of it all. It must be fate that I shouldn't get a grabber blue mustang.

I'm finally a very happy 2014 mustang owner!
I’m happy for you, maverick1125! Where are the pictures?

Originally Posted by Flynford
A local friend has a 2011 GT 500 that color combo. It is sharp.

Deysha just helped me out also with some information indicating my spouse's GT500 is being processed. I remain dubious that it will actually get built until after Flat Rock comes back from its July shutdown.

If anyone has any updated information on the length of the July Flat Rock shutdown, I would appreciate it. I have seen several articles in which Ford indicates that it is going to reduce the shutdown period for some plants due to increased vehicle demand. It appears that Flat Rock will get another shift for maybe a Fusion line.

Does anyone know the statistics on how many Shelbys are produced per day at Flat Rock and the number of shifts devoted to Shelbys?
As I mentioned before, your dealer will know more on their allocation time frame. Be sure to ask them and get back to me, Flynford.

Are the Shelbys only built at Flatrock?
Originally Posted by Flynford
I read that Flat Rock is the only plant for Shelbys. I also read they are closer to hand made car than any other car. This is why they take longer to receive once ordered.
Originally Posted by saparish
Flat Rock is the only plant for all Mustangs. 680 Mustangs per day roll of the line. One shift, 10 hours, 68 cars per hour. check out this great 45 minute Nat Geo show all about Mustang production at Flat Rock. I've probably watched it a half dozen times while I have been waiting.
Ford Mustang - Mega Factories - Super cars - National Geographic Documentary - YouTube
Yes, you guys are correct!

Originally Posted by Marcin K.
Hey everyone. New to the forum. Like many of you I'm anxiously awaiting my 2014 Mustang GT as well.
It's good to hear some people got theirs fairly quick. Dealer says 6-8 weeks, and looks like a lot of people get their vehicle in that time frame.
Welcome, Marcin K.! Thanks for the PM. I’ll get back to you in a little while.

Originally Posted by Cyle
It came in! Thought I'd share:
Gorgeous!! Congrats, Cyle!

Originally Posted by 2014RagTopDay
I"m seeking a sanity check from "those in the know." So my car makes it through build in 23 days from order and makes it to AZ last week only to be stuck in a lot across town just outside the metro area.
This is normal, 2014RagTopDay. It arrived to the rail yard on Friday and it’s now waiting on a truck to pick it up and deliver it to your dealer.

Originally Posted by Braun13
I'm dying with anticipation of a call today to say my car is ready for pickup! Just need all the terrible weather down here to hold off for a few days so I can drive around... Come onnnn truck driver.
Yours arrived on Friday, Braun13.

Originally Posted by Dinosoar
Could you tell us where you heard that the Mustang line will be down most of July? I heard last week was the only week for the Summer break. This would make me most unhappy!
Deysha, will July be mostly shut down for Mustang production?
That’s what is looking like, Dinosoar.

Thanks mkj! I will do that nd hope the fairy godmother responds soon. I can't believe your took about one month to de delivered! Good for you! Post pix.
Got you! I’ll get back to you as soon as possible.

Deysha
Old 6/10/13, 02:42 PM
GT Member

What a great video. Thanks for sharing as I had not seen it before!
Thanks for the link! Great Video. Makes me want to quit my job and work there!
Old 6/10/13, 02:43 PM
GT Member

LoL...I feel your pain...my wife has become a mustang widow in the past three months and I guess she will have put up with me for another month, at least.
Post pix!
Old 6/10/13, 03:07 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by FordCustomerService

What a beauty, mkj5013!!

As I mentioned before, your dealer will know more on their allocation time frame. Be sure to ask them and get back to me, Flynford.

This is normal, 2014RagTopDay. It arrived to the rail yard on Friday and it’s now waiting on a truck to pick it up and deliver it to your dealer.

Deysha
Thank you!
Old 6/10/13, 03:57 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Whiplash78
So the glass roofs get installed somewhere else?
Hey Whiplash. Ford has a building a 1/4 mile away that the cars go over to for glass roof installation. I saw pictures on one of the forums of a car sitting outside waiting on glass roof install. It had some sort of plastic insert in the roof in case it rained, etc.
Old 6/10/13, 04:31 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by FordCustomerService

What a beauty, mkj5013!!

Deysha
Thank you. Also just to let you know, I changed the order to black interior with cashmere accent and rear camera.
Thanks!
Old 6/10/13, 06:48 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Received 1,710 Likes on 1,218 Posts
Originally Posted by Cyle
It came in! Thought I'd share:
Awesome. Congrats and enjoy.
Old 6/10/13, 07:07 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Stage_3
Awesome. Congrats and enjoy.
Congratulations. Send pix
Old 6/10/13, 07:51 PM

Hey Whiplash. Ford has a building a 1/4 mile away that the cars go over to for glass roof installation. I saw pictures on one of the forums of a car sitting outside waiting on glass roof install. It had some sort of plastic insert in the roof in case it rained, etc.
Hmm.. this might be why mine is taking so long.
Old 6/10/13, 09:13 PM
GT Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I have a few early in this thread, a few pages back i believe, still got some stuff i wanna do to it with stripes and a few other mods but I need to save up some money first. Anyway...here's a pic anyway in case you don't feel like goin back (even though it's useful to see what others have posted recently about where their cars are at and time frames, etc)...

the day i picked it up...
Old 6/10/13, 11:04 PM

Hey, all.

I am so stoked. This past weekend, I gave a local dealer a $1k deposit to special order a 2014 Mustang V6 Premium Coupe with the Pony Package, Deep Impact Blue, Stone interior, glass roof, and practically all the packages and options. I got pretty much everything I wanted, and the cheaper V6 motor keeps it affordable.

Wife is mad as hell. (She doesn't really like Mustangs.) Anyone have experience spending the night in a Mustang? Sexier place to stay than the couch, but probably not as comfortable, eh? ;-)

Nevertheless, this is a dream coming true for me. Dealer told me 6-8 weeks for delivery. Didn't mention the Flat Rock plant idling in July. I had to learn that here! So now I probably won't get it til August or September. :-(

Perhaps by the time it arrives, my wife will have made her peace with it. :-)

Still deciding on whether to add a remote starter...I would like that. As weird as it felt to do, I passed on the security system (because who pays attention to honking cars anymore?), and I'm on the fence about a lojack option. My mother says the insurance company will cover it if it's stolen, so why pay a thousand bucks for lojack?

What do you guys think about the security thing?

Looking forward to joining the elite club of Ford Mustang owners! (in other words, cool people!)
Old 6/11/13, 06:44 AM
V6 Member

Checked this morning and my window sticker is online with build date of 6/17/13.

Just made it in before the shutdown, as Deysha said I would. Thanks Deysha for being right! Was worried after last week's shutdown.
Old 6/11/13, 07:07 AM

Ah, interesting. Didn't know that. Thanks!
Old 6/11/13, 07:13 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Thank you!
Thank you. Also just to let you know, I changed the order to black interior with cashmere accent and rear camera.
Thanks!
Got it. You’re welcome!

Originally Posted by hotwheels71
Hey, all.
I am so stoked. This past weekend, I gave a local dealer a $1k deposit to special order a 2014 Mustang V6 Premium Coupe with the Pony Package, Deep Impact Blue, Stone interior, glass roof, and practically all the packages and options. I got pretty much everything I wanted, and the cheaper V6 motor keeps it affordable.
Congrats, hotwheels71! Be sure to PM me with your dealer’s name and order number so I can track it for you.

Originally Posted by cobrajg
Checked this morning and my window sticker is online with build date of 6/17/13.

Just made it in before the shutdown, as Deysha said I would. Thanks Deysha for being right! Was worried after last week's shutdown.
Lol! You’re very welcome!

Deysha
Old 6/11/13, 07:25 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by cobrajg

Good news!.
I'm starting to get that sinking feeling myself. Have a VIN but no ETA or window sticker.

Quick Reply: 2014 Ordered/Built/Delivered Thread