Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

2014 Ordered/Built/Delivered Thread

Search this Thread

Old 5/25/13, 11:18 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Ajcruz1
Hey guys those are some sweet rides you got. Glad to see more of you are getting your cars. Gotta be honest tho its making me more impatient as the days go on lol. Hopefully only a couple weeks left.
I hear ya. Delivery day was on my mind constantly. I'm extremely lucky in that, I ordered on April 9th and it arrived on May 8th. I feel a little guilty about receiving my GT in 30 days, when so many others have been waiting longer. I can't explain the reason why mine was shuffled through so quickly.
Old 5/25/13, 11:33 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
At first, I thought "Hey, I didn't realize he was in Central PA." Then I figured you ordered on-line. Still, that's pretty quick to get those struts installed. Looks like one of the bolts goes through the hole vacated by the ugly worm.

As for the speed of order, I think we both benefitted from the plant closing for a week in early May. Looks like they pumped out a bunch of Mustangs in late April (only difference was yours made it to the shipping lot and mine got stuck behind the factory doors).

For all those still waiting- its worth the wait... these cars are amazing!
Old 5/26/13, 12:07 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Varilux
At first, I thought "Hey, I didn't realize he was in Central PA." Then I figured you ordered on-line. Still, that's pretty quick to get those struts installed. Looks like one of the bolts goes through the hole vacated by the ugly worm.

As for the speed of order, I think we both benefitted from the plant closing for a week in early May. Looks like they pumped out a bunch of Mustangs in late April (only difference was yours made it to the shipping lot and mine got stuck behind the factory doors).

For all those still waiting- its worth the wait... these cars are amazing!
I ordered the struts late morning and they were shipped that afternoon. They arrived at the Harrisburg sort center very early the next day, and later that evening, they were at the Kansas City sort center. They were trucked overnight to the Lebanon, MO post office and delivered to my front door at 9:30am on day #3. That's quick from Philly. Yep, the left lower strut mount utilizes the factory worm hole. Otherwise, you have to secure the worm mount to an inboard hole in the fender flange.

You're probably right on the plant closing. The testing of mine may have made a tad bit of difference too. Makes me feel better about her quality, knowing that factory personnel put her through her paces (52 miles) before it was shipped.

I agree. It is well worth the wait. No comparison between my '07 and '14. The '14 has a very solid feel, the suspension and handling are primo and the power is awesome. If I could change anything at all, I would prefer the tranny wasn't from the land of soy sauce.
Old 5/26/13, 07:56 PM

The interior lighting "wow'. When I unlocked the doors after dark I was blown away. You have to see it. A pony is projected to the ground from the side mirrors. I had no idea it did that, blew me away. Love the rumble, eventually I will turn the radio on.
Old 5/27/13, 11:43 AM

Got my Window sticker for the Shelby with a scheduled build date of June 10th. I'm starting to get excited now
Old 5/27/13, 03:57 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by klmustang2011
Got my Window sticker for the Shelby with a scheduled build date of June 10th. I'm starting to get excited now
Klmustang2011, when did your window sticker come up? Just checked for mine and nothing. Dealer says build week of 6/3 and Deysha says week of 6/10. I thought window stickers popped up about a week before your build date, but it appears it is 2 weeks for your car. Can't wait for my sticker to show up, I want my Shelby yesterday.
Old 5/28/13, 08:53 AM
V6 Member

Deysha,
Any updates for me? Thanks!
Old 5/28/13, 10:53 AM

Originally Posted by saparish
Klmustang2011, when did your window sticker come up? Just checked for mine and nothing. Dealer says build week of 6/3 and Deysha says week of 6/10. I thought window stickers popped up about a week before your build date, but it appears it is 2 weeks for your car. Can't wait for my sticker to show up, I want my Shelby yesterday.
I didn't check for my window sticker until yesterday but I got a message from Deysha last Wednesday/Thursday telling me the window sticker wouldn't show up until the 5th of June so it was a bit earlier. My build date is the same as Deysha said yours is and my ETA is 7/3
Old 5/28/13, 01:49 PM
GT Member

Dear Ford,

Please pull down my order. I have many positive qualities, but 'possesses patience' doesn't make the list.

xoxo

Ox
Old 5/28/13, 02:45 PM
V6 Member

Finally got my VIN today with an ETA of 7/2/13, looks like I just made it in before the shutdown. Hoping that date doesn't get pushed back as my $750 coupon expires 7/8/13.

Thanks once again Deysha!
Old 5/28/13, 03:18 PM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by Dinosoar
Well, got a call from my dealer...prompted by my email, but that's okay. They sent me my order number (sent you a PM, Deysha).
Thanks! I’ll get back to you as soon as possible.

Originally Posted by Purplekrab
Just received a call from the dealer the car is there. Surprised it is a week early, pick her up tommorrow at 2pm. I told them no to the glasscoat (Is it a sham?), I'll wax it myself. Now I have to make thru the rest of the day at work. Can not wait to get in it.
Later
Sweet! Congrats, Purplekrab!

Originally Posted by Cobra 2997
Finally got some info on my order that I placed on 4/11 !!
Deysha PM'd me my VIN !!!
Thanks Deysha, very much appreciated !!!
You’re welcome!

Originally Posted by PonyOx
First of all, my apologies for a first post here and not in the intro section.
When is plant shutdown this year? I placed my order yesterday and I'm trying to come up with a best case for delivery.
(Edit: I found the answer on page 97 of this thread..."end of June")
Welcome, PonyOx! Be sure to PM me with your dealer’s name and order number so I can track it for you.

Originally Posted by silvagsr
Update actually got a call from the dealer and was told that its on a rail car around the Boston area. Looking for it to come in around 5/31- 6/4. **** I'm excited!!!!! When Deysha gets back to me I will see what she has found out.
I sent you a PM, silvagsr.

Originally Posted by lvxlr8n
Here are some pictures of the Shelby the day I picked it up. Been busy working and driving around to get on the computer till now.
Gorgeous!!!

Originally Posted by mkj5013
Thanks Deysha! Now I guess I just wait to hear from the dealer! Hopefully I'll get it this weekend!
Originally Posted by mkj5013
Got my car yesterday! 1 day short of 5 weeks from order to delivery! Ordered 4/20, Build 5/17, delivered 5/24! Deysha as a huge help the whole time and told me it was loaded on a convoy on Thursday and Friday during lunch, my dealer called and said I could pick it up!
Woo hoo! Congrats, mkj5013!!

It’s moving along, klmustang2011!

Originally Posted by cobrajg
Finally got my VIN today with an ETA of 7/2/13, looks like I just made it in before the shutdown. Hoping that date doesn't get pushed back as my $750 coupon expires 7/8/13.

Thanks once again Deysha!
You’re welcome!

Deysha
Old 5/28/13, 03:58 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 111 Likes on 101 Posts
Got an update today, supposedly delivery date is pulling to the left! June 5th is the new date!
Old 5/28/13, 06:01 PM

Originally Posted by dmichaels
Got an update today, supposedly delivery date is pulling to the left! June 5th is the new date!

Your build date was three days before mine and you ETA is about the same ahead of mine.. you've been my timeline since I've been on this thread lol.

ETA has been moved forward to June 11 for me! That train has a little further to travel to the wonderful Louisiana boot. Hurry up!
Old 5/28/13, 08:25 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by Braun13
Your build date was three days before mine and you ETA is about the same ahead of mine.. you've been my timeline since I've been on this thread lol.

ETA has been moved forward to June 11 for me! That train has a little further to travel to the wonderful Louisiana boot. Hurry up!
haha glad I have been helpful! I've had a couple sources tracking the car... hope my info is good and the cars show up soon!!
Old 5/28/13, 08:43 PM
V6 Member

Thanks for the PM Deysha. Car was traveling through Kentucky today. Still looking at about 6/4 for delivery date. I heard through a third party that the plant "idle" is not gonna happen at the end of June because of all the demand and orders. Anyone else hear this?
Old 5/29/13, 07:38 AM

Sales lady who sold me my Shelby pleasantly surprised me yesterday and called me to tell me the car had a scheduled build date too. When I told her I already knew thanks to awesome Miss Deysha, she seemed surprised that there were other ways to find out the status..lol. I wasn't expecting to hear anything from them so +1 to my dealership.
Old 5/29/13, 08:28 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Nice to have good interfacing with he dealership! I'm writing an email to mine now to give my specific requirements for car pickup (no treatments, no front plate, no dealer stickers, etc)
Old 5/29/13, 09:34 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by dmichaels
It’s soooo close, dmichaels!

Originally Posted by Braun13
It should get on a rail car soon, Braun13.

Originally Posted by silvagsr
Thanks for the PM Deysha. Car was traveling through Kentucky today. Still looking at about 6/4 for delivery date. I heard through a third party that the plant "idle" is not gonna happen at the end of June because of all the demand and orders. Anyone else hear this?
So far it’s still the end of June, silvagsr.

Sales lady who sold me my Shelby pleasantly surprised me yesterday and called me to tell me the car had a scheduled build date too. When I told her I already knew thanks to awesome Miss Deysha, she seemed surprised that there were other ways to find out the status..lol. I wasn't expecting to hear anything from them so +1 to my dealership.
Thanks, klmustang2011!

Deysha
Old 5/29/13, 09:45 AM
GT Member

I saved the window sticker link Deysha sent me last week and religously check it at least 2 or 3 times per day. I clicked it this morning and lo and behold my window sticker appeared. Blend date of 6/11 on Lyla.
Old 5/29/13, 02:33 PM

I just send Deysha a new PM

My blend date for the Shelby was yesterday, so hopefully good news on a shipping ETA. This car can't come fast enough!

Quick Reply: 2014 Ordered/Built/Delivered Thread