Notices
2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

2014 Ordered/Built/Delivered Thread

Search this Thread

Old 6/12/13, 12:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just sent Deysha a PM. My car should be coming in soon, I'm hoping for good news
Old 6/12/13, 12:57 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by theallmightycow
Just sent Deysha a PM. My car should be coming in soon, I'm hoping for good news
Congrats TAMC, what was our timeline?
Old 6/12/13, 01:24 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Spark

*your timeline
Old 6/12/13, 04:06 PM

Ordered on 3/30, built on 5/30 and shipping now Shelby's take longer than the normal mustang. So all things considered, it's been quick
Old 6/12/13, 04:34 PM
GT Member

Ordered on 3/30, built on 5/30 and shipping now Shelby's take longer than the normal mustang. So all things considered, it's been quick
TAMC, has your car been waiting on shipping for almost 2 weeks? Ordered my Shelby on 4/3 and it was finished yesterday. Last ETA Deysha gave me was 6/14 (car only has to go 40 miles). Hoping my car doesn't get stuck for a while awaiting shipment. I wonder if Deysha would personally pick my car up from Area 51 and deliver it to Ann Arbor for me. Last time I talked to SVT, their ETA was 6/8 to 6/20. Called them today and they said 6/8 to 6/14. Hoping I have a new Shelby this weekend. Hope your car arrives to you very soon.

Last edited by saparish; 6/12/13 at 04:50 PM.
Old 6/12/13, 04:51 PM
Cobra Member

You guys are lucky, its been 3 weeks since my car was built and its not even awaiting shipping yet, still waiting to be put out to ship and no one seems to know what the hold up is!!
Old 6/12/13, 05:07 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Ajcruz1
You guys are lucky, its been 3 weeks since my car was built and its not even awaiting shipping yet, still waiting to be put out to ship and no one seems to know what the hold up is!!
Holy crap, Ajcruz1. It's stories like yours that make me wonder if my car will actually arrive on Friday. Hopefully since my car is truck only it will ship in a hurry. Deysha has been wonderful and she is always right, hope her hot streak doesn't run out on my car. Everyday this week has been like Christmas Eve, just waiting on that magical day when my dealer text me a picture of my car on the lot.
Old 6/12/13, 05:27 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by saparish

TAMC, has your car been waiting on shipping for almost 2 weeks? Ordered my Shelby on 4/3 and it was finished yesterday. Last ETA Deysha gave me was 6/14 (car only has to go 40 miles). Hoping my car doesn't get stuck for a while awaiting shipment. I wonder if Deysha would personally pick my car up from Area 51 and deliver it to Ann Arbor for me. Last time I talked to SVT, their ETA was 6/8 to 6/20. Called them today and they said 6/8 to 6/14. Hoping I have a new Shelby this weekend. Hope your car arrives to you very soon.
Hey saparish,
I'm curious to know who does what in this process? Did you call your dealer or SVT, PM Deysha to get the information? Who gives the most reliable and current info? Does Deysha do most of the leg work and the dealer just calls when it arrives in the lot?

Thanks for your help.
Old 6/12/13, 06:22 PM
GT Member

Hey saparish,
I'm curious to know who does what in this process? Did you call your dealer or SVT, PM Deysha to get the information? Who gives the most reliable and current info? Does Deysha do most of the leg work and the dealer just calls when it arrives in the lot?

Thanks for your help.
Hey Spark, it seems Deysha has the most up to date and best info. I have used all 3 sources so I am not too much of a pain in the a** to one individual person.

SVT just seems to be some guy sitting at a desk somewhere that pulls up info out of who knows what system. I called SVT for the first time last Tuesday, after I had seen a post from Deysha that said the plant was closed last week. He told me my car went to the body shop on 5/30 and the ETA was 6/8 to 6/20. I asked how my car could possibly have an ETA as soon as 6/8 since the plant was closed and my car wouldn't be finished until after that date. He had no info on the plant being closed. I called SVT today and was told the car was built and the ETA in the system now was 6/8 to 6/14. Great news that the window got shorter in the right direction but he sounded skeptical that the car would ship that quickly.

My dealer is a great guy but seems to pass along the same info Deysha does several days after Deysha has already given it to me. I never seem to get my questions answered either. My latest question was, does the dealership know ahead of time that a shipment of cars is coming and what is being shipped. It just seems strange that a car hauler would show up at a dealership and say "Hey, I have these 3 cars for you today." Still don't know if my dealer will know if my car is coming before it hits the lot but I know he will let me know as soon as it does. I gave him my list of don't do's and he kinda laughed. Said they have sold enough Shelby's that they don't touch them now unless requested to do so. I feel comfortable that the dealer will take great care of my car when it arrives (no wash, no drill holes for license plate, no stickers, etc.)

As for Deysha, she is a ROCKSTAR!!!!! Best info I get comes from her. I hate to bother her b/c I know she is crazy busy dealing with all of us TMS folks as well as doing her normal job (I assume we aren't the only customers she takes care of). Deysha seems to always be right on with the info she gives. I don't know if she has access to computer systems that the dealer and SVT can't access or what. Deysha says don't worry so I am going with the flow hoping that 6/14 ETA holds up.

Hope this info helps.

Scott

Last edited by saparish; 6/12/13 at 06:29 PM.
Old 6/12/13, 06:22 PM
GT Member

There are several of us watching and wonder if there's a huge shipment issue mine, and others, are to be built next week and if they just sit there for weeks and weeks on end, that will not be good!
Old 6/12/13, 07:50 PM

Long time lurker finally joined. I just ordered my Mustang 6/7/13. I was wondering if you all think the rebates will go up down or stay the same? July 8 the 2000 cash bonus expires. Also I was reading Flatrock Assembly Plant is going to shut down for a MONTH?? hopefully most of you guys who ordered will squeak on by before end of June.
Old 6/12/13, 08:23 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by MyfirstPony
Long time lurker finally joined. I just ordered my Mustang 6/7/13. I was wondering if you all think the rebates will go up down or stay the same? July 8 the 2000 cash bonus expires. Also I was reading Flatrock Assembly Plant is going to shut down for a MONTH?? hopefully most of you guys who ordered will squeak on by before end of June.
i have a feeling the rebates will go up because a lot of people are waiting for the 2015 model. if the rebates do increase, you wont mind waiting another month to save another $500.
Old 6/12/13, 09:46 PM

Originally Posted by MeanStang
i have a feeling the rebates will go up because a lot of people are waiting for the 2015 model. if the rebates do increase, you wont mind waiting another month to save another $500.
For sure that's what I am hoping I don't mind the wait ill just keep burning rice until then it's says they are prepping for the fusion at Flatrock im thinking the 2015 will look more like fusion.
Old 6/12/13, 09:57 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by MeanStang
While eventually you certainly may not be wrong, you very well may not necessarily be correct either. The ONLY purpose incentives serves (unless you're GM which is a different story altogether), is to stimulate a sufficient amount of demand to sell through the number of units in dealer inventories and production.

Why is GM offering up to $8,500 on its pickup tricks? Yes, they suck. But GM has also accumulated at times more than 140 days' worth of inventory on dealer lots which it must sell through before the all-new 2014 Sierra and Silverado aren't competing with its predecessors. They also happen to have already begun production of the new models and there's only SO much capacity dealers' inventories can absorb.

Why is GM now offering as much as another $5,000 to each Volt buyer? Because GM has more than six-months' worth of cars already on dealer lots with demand being nowhere near GM's desire to produce them.

One of the biggest keys to Ford's success has been to eliminate its reliance upon incentives which consist of pure cash pulled straight from the bottom line of revenues previously booked selling cars to dealers. Unlike GM which continues to build as MANY cars as possible and betting the come it won't put itself out of business all over again because it can't pay people enough to buy what it's already produce, Ford owes AT LEAST half of its success to the fact that identifying the FEWEST number of vehicles it NEEEDED to produce and only building more if demand happens to exist.

For each $500 less of incentives Ford needs to spend per vehicle, it can add almost a BILLION dollars STRAIGHT to its bottom line without spending a nickel of extra capital or one more hour of overtime. Although it may fluctuate during a product's lifecycle and cadence, a generally "healthy" days' supply is about 60 days. As Ford heads into 2015, you're likely to see even fewer S197 Mustangs be made for the sake of ensuring sufficient demand and a clean runway for the new model without needing to pay additional needless millions to customers while driving down their residual values in the process.

When introducing new versions of Fusion and Escape, Ford let existing inventories dwindle, deliberately forgoing significant amounts of volumes rather than needing to offer ridiculous incentives. And should it ever find the need, not only will there be fewer units left to clear, but Ford will tend to offer the cash to dealers as "marketing support" which it can choose to use to lower purchase prices, rather than giving cash to every customer who expresses interest - which only sidelines a particular customer for several years who may have otherwise bought a 2015 Mustang with no incentive at all.

Are incentives for 2014 Mustang likely to increase at SOME point above their present levels? Probably. Will there be ANY guarantee of any Mustangs existing which happen to meet a buyer's particular color and option preferences that only winds-up costing him more in the end? You bet. Trust me. I've actually been in the situation of buying what WAS the last available car of its kind during a particular model year - and lost out to another interested party whom the dealer's finance department could fleece for much more than me who would've paid cash.

Especially as Ford is concerned, any previous traditional notions about ever-progressive incentives and prices eventually dropping for anybody who's willing to wait long enough have all but gone out the window. Exceptions can and do exist, but they're increasingly rare - and I'd hate to be the person who told somebody else who had a bird in the hand to wait for two in the bush - only to have the landscaper come along and cut the whole thing down.
Old 6/12/13, 10:07 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by Flynford
What if you pay cash in full? Does a factory rebate still come later directly to you from Ford as opposed to being deducted from what you pay by the dealer? Or does the dealer deduct it from what you pay and later get the money back from Ford?

Specifically, I am referring to the $750 coupon of sorts attached to certain Ford brochures.
Incentives are paid by Ford Motor Company (or Ford Motor Credit) directly to the buyer in the form of reducing the amount the customer owes the dealer for the net purchase who claims the rebates on each customer's behalf.

Originally Posted by CrazyStand
Every dealer I spoke with (8 of them in Houston area) said they would honor Fords rebate at time of purchase. Only one of them said they honor the current rebate. So hopefully Ford doesn't change the rebate too much for the worse.
Unless there's more to the story, it's a sad commentary that only 12.5% of the Houston Ford dealers you visited were either properly informed or not too lazy to pursue on your behalf all they should.

Look at it this this way. The 1 in 8 certainly isn't making up any difference out of its own pocket for every deal whose incentives have either lessened or ended.

For as important as dealers are to Ford's success and notwithstanding those that do a superb job being Ford's local representative in exchange for the territorial monopolies they enjoy a monopoly upon Ford's products and services in exchange, a great many do so very poorly and only continue to exist, or maintain their franchises by arcane and anachronistic state franchise laws that make taking away a dealer's franchise VERY difficult for makers to do.
Old 6/13/13, 07:00 AM
GT Member

Hi Deysha. Any chance you can confirm that my Shelby will get on a truck in Flat Rock tomorrow and make the 40 mile journey to my dealer in Ann Arbor. Thanks for all your help along the way.
Old 6/13/13, 07:16 AM
V6 Member

Hi Deysha. Any chance you can confirm that my Shelby will get on a truck in Flat Rock tomorrow and make the 40 mile journey to my dealer in Ann Arbor. Thanks for all your help along the way.
Weren't the Teamsters striking as of midnight?

Convoy transports leave whenever there happens to be enough to fill a complete auto hauler for a particular dealer or group of stores on a route - be it from Flat Rock or various regional rail terminal depots where cars are staged.
Old 6/13/13, 08:03 AM

Originally Posted by Remford

Unless there's more to the story, it's a sad commentary that only 12.5% of the Houston Ford dealers you visited were either properly informed or not too lazy to pursue on your behalf all they should.

Look at it this this way. The 1 in 8 certainly isn't making up any difference out of its own pocket for every deal whose incentives have either lessened or ended.

For as important as dealers are to Ford's success and notwithstanding those that do a superb job being Ford's local representative in exchange for the territorial monopolies they enjoy a monopoly upon Ford's products and services in exchange, a great many do so very poorly and only continue to exist, or maintain their franchises by arcane and anachronistic state franchise laws that make taking away a dealer's franchise VERY difficult for makers to do.
Very possible that I misunderstood stood some of the dealers. It was all over the phone and some emails. Maybe they all hate me for making them bid against each other But it was very typical in my experience that every dealer says something slightly different that another.

Thanks for the extra info on the rebate offering. My dealership wrote down both the price of the actual car and then an 'out the door' price with the current incentive and TTL. So long as they don't pull anything funny it will be a great deal.

Hopefully I get another round of $750 rebates. Mine expired too soon as I didn't expect to place a factory order.
Old 6/13/13, 08:42 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by WTWB
Sent you a PM Deysha.
Sent you a PM yesterday, WTWB.

I’ll get back to you soon, theallmightycow.

TAMC, has your car been waiting on shipping for almost 2 weeks? Ordered my Shelby on 4/3 and it was finished yesterday. Last ETA Deysha gave me was 6/14 (car only has to go 40 miles). Hoping my car doesn't get stuck for a while awaiting shipment. I wonder if Deysha would personally pick my car up from Area 51 and deliver it to Ann Arbor for me.
I wish I could do special deliveries, saparish! I’ll get back to you soon with more info on your order.

Originally Posted by Ajcruz1
Something should change soon, Ajcruz1.

Holy crap, Ajcruz1. It's stories like yours that make me wonder if my car will actually arrive on Friday. Hopefully since my car is truck only it will ship in a hurry. Deysha has been wonderful and she is always right, hope her hot streak doesn't run out on my car. Everyday this week has been like Christmas Eve, just waiting on that magical day when my dealer text me a picture of my car on the lot.
Hey Spark, it seems Deysha has the most up to date and best info.

As for Deysha, she is a ROCKSTAR!!!!! Best info I get comes from her. I hate to bother her b/c I know she is crazy busy dealing with all of us TMS folks as well as doing her normal job (I assume we aren't the only customers she takes care of). Deysha seems to always be right on with the info she gives. I don't know if she has access to computer systems that the dealer and SVT can't access or what. Deysha says don't worry so I am going with the flow hoping that 6/14 ETA holds up.
Thanks for the kind words!

Originally Posted by MyfirstPony
Welcome and congrats, MyfirstPony! Please PM me with your dealer’s name and order number so I can track it for you.

Deysha
Old 6/13/13, 08:43 AM
GT Member

Ford needs to worry as much or more about the quality of their dealerships as they do their cars. Us Mustang nuts can only got to Ford. However, if you're looking at a Fusion or Explorer...hell, you can walk and get an Accord or Pilot (or many other choices)! Ford dealers mostly suck, I think! I know there are some, maybe most, good ones. But man, there should not be so freaking many bad dealers; yet there are! You didn't misunderstand anything CrazyStand...it was the dealer, I'm sure.

It the poor dealers that make me so thankful for Ford Customer Service and "Deysha"! That, and it's cool to get all this info on this forum.

Last edited by Dinosoar; 6/13/13 at 08:47 AM.

Quick Reply: 2014 Ordered/Built/Delivered Thread