Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

2014 Ordered/Built/Delivered Thread

Search this Thread

Old 3/28/14, 08:43 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by puma1552
its here!! car looks good after a thorough check, cant get pics up from my phone

JUST missed the truck

sales guy ran to tell me it had pulled in but it only had mine and a raptor on it and by the time i ran across the lot it was already gone and the cars were unloaded lol wtf
Rock and Roll. Congratulations. Sterling Gray is my next favorite color on a Mustang. I am certain it will be a sharp looking car. Best of luck with your new ride. Great timing with the warm weather rolling in.
Old 3/28/14, 09:11 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
my dealer says the car is at the final rail offload point just miles from here awaiting a truck to pick it up and bring it to the dealer...he said they called them and told them to mark it HOT for priority pickup lol
Great news on your ride!! Dealer just got in touch with me and said my car should be here next week. They also contacted the rail yard and marked it HOT. We discussed the make ready process and I asked them not to brand my pony they said no problem just will put a license plate frame on
Old 3/28/14, 10:01 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by FordService
Welcome and congrats on your order, lakeguy77! Be sure to PM me with your dealer’s name and order number so I can track it.
Thanks, and PM sent! Thanks so much!

Originally Posted by Slizzime
Congratulations and welcome! I'm with you on the wait time, I'm in Ohio and have the same issue with a ton of salt and gravel still. Hopefully by may it will be cleared up if spring ever gets here
We've been a solid 10 degrees C colder than normal for weeks, and it's been one of the coldest winters on record with well above average snowfall. Which means right now, when they're normally getting ready to clean the streets and fight spring floods, everything's still frozen solid and I'm wearing mittens to drive to work. Not Mustang weather for sure.

Originally Posted by 2014GHIGGT
We'll given the fact that the plant closed for 3 weeks and isn't due to reopen until 4/14 I would say the chances of you getting a car delivered in 4 weeks is impossible. I ordered mine on 2/27 and it is now scheduled to arrive on 5/2 due to the three week shut down.

I would say early June at the earliest. Not trying to be a kill joy just realistic. Many of us here just got bit by the plant shut down.
Didn't realize there was a shutdown there. To be honest I was kinda thinking mid-late May, I was dealing with the sales manager on a referal from a mutual friend, he said they had a Mustang in the pipe to be built in April for their stock that they hadn't spec'ed yet and and wanted to try to set that one up for me. I should have clarified, it was 4 weeks from when it was built, so I may have it in 6. I'm away on a trip starting May 9 for a little over a week so in my head I wasn't really seeing the car until after that anyways, not the end of the world if it goes into late May, long as I get me a Mustang.
Old 3/28/14, 10:46 PM
GT Member

We'll given the fact that the plant closed for 3 weeks and isn't due to reopen until 4/14 I would say the chances of you getting a car delivered in 4 weeks is impossible. I ordered mine on 2/27 and it is now scheduled to arrive on 5/2 due to the three week shut down.

I would say early June at the earliest. Not trying to be a kill joy just realistic. Many of us here just got bit by the plant shut down.
we certainly did!!
Old 3/28/14, 10:49 PM
GT Member

we have been between 75-85 degrees here everyday in phoenix, using A/C already in cars.......they can build and deliver mine anytime they like!
Old 3/28/14, 11:18 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by disneyfun1
we have been between 75-85 degrees here everyday in phoenix, using A/C already in cars.......they can build and deliver mine anytime they like!
Don't know how mine got pushed throughit's all luck I guess. The dealer couldn't believe it happened so fast either. Just hope smooth railing between Michigan and South Texas.
Old 3/28/14, 11:20 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Toad 185
Don't know how mine got pushed throughit's all luck I guess. The dealer couldn't believe it happened so fast either. Just hope smooth railing between Michigan and South Texas.
your build date is 4/14 like mine, have they built it yet?? mine online still says its not done, which would be because the plant is closed until 4/14, my build date.
Old 3/29/14, 03:46 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Toad 185
Great news on your ride!! Dealer just got in touch with me and said my car should be here next week. They also contacted the rail yard and marked it HOT. We discussed the make ready process and I asked them not to brand my pony they said no problem just will put a license plate frame on
Skip e front license plate bracket too. Get the motorized bracket from American muscle. Best of both worlds. :-)
Old 3/29/14, 06:22 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by disneyfun1
your build date is 4/14 like mine, have they built it yet?? mine online still says its not done, which would be because the plant is closed until 4/14, my build date.
Yes it's built! Shipped out 3/24. ETA 4/6. On her way to Texas
Old 3/29/14, 06:32 AM
Bullitt Member

Skip e front license plate bracket too. Get the motorized bracket from American muscle. Best of both worlds. :-)
Was actually referring to the rear license plate frame. Where the dealer likes to place their name and not pay you for the advertising but will check into the manual bracket if holes haven't been already drilled into the front bumper cover I will be calling the dealer soon to ask
Old 3/29/14, 06:36 AM
Mach 1 Member

Possibly the best thread on any forum, ever. A Ford rep feeding tidbits of info to a bunch of grown men (and women) acting like 5-year-olds on Christmas Eve.

Congrats on the car Toad! I was going to do the same thing (no sticker, just plate frame).
Old 3/29/14, 08:22 AM
Mach 1 Member

Thanks everyone, sorry for the delay I was up til 2 AM playing with the car and giving it it's first wash. Currently at the dealer having the GT500 axleback installed!

Here it is right off the truck with te raptor it rode with in the background:

Here's how I took delivery, I went through the PDI checklist and crossed off things I didn't want done which included removing any plastic so I drove off the lot with the exterior/interior plastic still on it. Had 5.8 miles at delivery:

After first wash and removing plastic:

Pulled over for a couple pics this morning on the way to the dealer:

Ignore the dark spot, it's crap on my lense:

Love this car and guys - hang in there - it is SOO worth the wait to get it exactly how you want it. I did this car right; I ordered exactly what I wanted, didn't settle, was there when it came off the truck, didn't let them do any cosmetic prep and rode along on the prep test drive. Now I just need to detail and enjoy!
Old 3/29/14, 08:25 AM
Mach 1 Member

Looks great, congrats! Christmas in March!
Old 3/29/14, 08:31 AM
Mach 1 Member

Thanks! Also huge thanks to Deysha!!
Old 3/29/14, 08:37 AM
V6 Member

I actually told them no badging, stickers, plates, rivets or drilling of any kind for dealer advertising or otherwise. They told me it's policy to at least put a frame on the plate. I told them they didn't pay me anything for advertising... I said IF they didn't put anything on, I would praise their name and let everyone know how good they are with their customers... My Mustang was unmolested.

They have been great beyond that too! I will go back to them for future purchases. Thanks Dunn-Benson Ford, you guys are awesome!!
Old 3/29/14, 08:37 AM
GT Member

Heres a question i have about them being built, not sure if anyone would know. my build date is 4/14/14, the day they reopen the plant on monday. my question is about the body of the car. do they already have some assembled and painted and make that mine to send down the assembly line, or do they have to build it, then put in the paint room, etc, bake the paint on, then later that day it starts to get built and has brand new paint, or how will that work. Do they have some already painted and when my color comes up in line that they did a few weeks ago, they just assign that to mine? was just curious if anyone would know.
Old 3/29/14, 08:48 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by R33F
I actually told them no badging, stickers, plates, rivets or drilling of any kind for dealer advertising or otherwise. They told me it's policy to at least put a frame on the plate. I told them they didn't pay me anything for advertising... I said IF they didn't put anything on, I would praise their name and let everyone know how good they are with their customers... My Mustang was unmolested.

They have been great beyond that too! I will go back to them for future purchases. Thanks Dunn-Benson Ford, you guys are awesome!!
funny you mention that, they havent even drilled the pilot holes for the rear plate. no rear frame, no paper tag so it looks a little odd even with my temp permit in the rear window.

also i should note my car came with goodyear eagle f1 tires instead of pirellis...score?.
Old 3/29/14, 08:52 AM
Mach 1 Member

also i should note my car came with goodyear eagle f1 tires instead of pirellis...score?.
I thought convertibles only got the eagle f1's, and all brake pack and track pack cars got Pirelli summers? I prefer Pirelli's to Goodyears so I'm hoping I get PZero's, but interesting to note. On the Ford website they don't specify the brand, just the size and the fact they're summer-only and not all-season.
Old 3/29/14, 08:54 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by lakeguy77
Possibly the best thread on any forum, ever. A Ford rep feeding tidbits of info to a bunch of grown men (and women) acting like 5-year-olds on Christmas Eve.

Congrats on the car Toad! I was going to do the same thing (no sticker, just plate frame).
only difference being Christmas is a set date! Went from ETA of 5/29 to 4/6. Never let them brand YOUR pony
Old 3/29/14, 09:04 AM
Bullitt Member

Love that color Puma1552. So was your front bumper cover predrilled for the license plate?

Quick Reply: 2014 Ordered/Built/Delivered Thread