2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

2014 Ordered/Built/Delivered Thread

Search this Thread

Old 6/7/13, 03:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mkj5013
I really hope all of you guys get your cars soon! i have a friend who ordered a GT premium a week after I ordered my car (4/20 for me) and I got mine 2 weeks ago and his hasn't been built yet and with the factory closed this week, he's pretty sad. I only have a V6 premium but I'm sure to give him plenty of rides to keep him pumped for his.

Also, I have no way to make a visualization for you all, but I'm curious as to the consensus of the crowd. I have the sterling gray, and i got equip option 201A which came with the black side stripe. I've been thinking about over the top stripes and I definitely want the dual (prob 10") over the top stripes, but can't decide on color. black makes sense to match the side stripe but I also think a deeper red would be cool and unique. but that requires replacing the black side stripe...pain in the ***! I had a friend from work suggest black over the top stripes and a thin stripe on the outsides of those in red and to accent the side stripe in the deep red as well...thoughts? Here's the car as is...unfortunately with iPhone hope to take legit pics soon

And here's someone on this forum's SG with the stripe pattern i want but the thin ones would be a deeper ruby red

Im the friend waiting for the GT Looking at the picture idk if I like the black stripes now. The matte color seems to take away from the glossy color of the car but if you got them painted it might flow together better.
Old 6/7/13, 08:29 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 111 Likes on 101 Posts
Bummed I have to travel next week and its been rainy up here almost since I got the new car. Only put 60 miles on so far and probably won't drive it for at least another week!! Can't even get good pics!!

Oh we'll at least I can sit in it in my garage
Old 6/7/13, 08:43 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by dmichaels
Bummed I have to travel next week and its been rainy up here almost since I got the new car. Only put 60 miles on so far and probably won't drive it for at least another week!! Can't even get good pics!!

Oh we'll at least I can sit in it in my garage
Bummer dmichaels. Here's to great weather upon your return. My car's ETA to dealer is next Friday. Extended weather forecast is 80 and sunny all weekend. If the car makes it, my dealer better be ready to turn it over the same day.
Old 6/7/13, 09:11 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Hope you get it next Friday or sooner!! Mine had eta of June 5 and it showed at late on the 3rd... Hoping for a little drive Sunday if I get some time...
Old 6/8/13, 04:59 AM
V6 Member

5.9" of rain here since yesterday due to the tropical storm on the east coast.
Old 6/8/13, 07:51 AM

ETA!

So I got with Deysha (thank Deysha for the primo info!) and looks like my approximate delivery date is 15 July which is cool.

The color Shelby I ordered is Ingot Silver with Red stripes. I have only seen (2) 2013/2014 of this color combination online, and 1 was a convert. (mine is coupe). I'm wanting to change the wheels, but not sure what design would look best. Any suggestions? I'm kinda tired of the black/mesh look.
Old 6/8/13, 08:29 AM
V6 Member

A local friend has a 2011 GT 500 that color combo. It is sharp.

Deysha just helped me out also with some information indicating my spouse's GT500 is being processed. I remain dubious that it will actually get built until after Flat Rock comes back from its July shutdown.

If anyone has any updated information on the length of the July Flat Rock shutdown, I would appreciate it. I have seen several articles in which Ford indicates that it is going to reduce the shutdown period for some plants due to increased vehicle demand. It appears that Flat Rock will get another shift for maybe a Fusion line.

Does anyone know the statistics on how many Shelbys are produced per day at Flat Rock and the number of shifts devoted to Shelbys?
Old 6/8/13, 08:59 AM

Are the Shelbys only built at Flatrock?
Old 6/8/13, 09:20 AM
V6 Member

I read that Flat Rock is the only plant for Shelbys. I also read they are closer to hand made car than any other car. This is why they take longer to receive once ordered.
Old 6/8/13, 10:33 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Flynford
I read that Flat Rock is the only plant for Shelbys. I also read they are closer to hand made car than any other car. This is why they take longer to receive once ordered.
Flat Rock is the only plant for all Mustangs. 680 Mustangs per day roll of the line. One shift, 10 hours, 68 cars per hour. check out this great 45 minute Nat Geo show all about Mustang production at Flat Rock. I've probably watched it a half dozen times while I have been waiting.

Old 6/8/13, 11:25 AM
V6 Member

Thanks Scott. My concern is over the posts that say the purpose of the July shutdown is to train personnel to build Ford Fusions, presumably at Flat Rock. I have also heard that 2014 will be a short model year given the intended introduction of the redesigned 2015 platform. Then, I saw a link from Deysha suggesting unexpected vehicle demand may temper the lenght of the forthcoming July shutdown.
Flat Rock will eventually be fully converting to Ford's flexible manufacturing infrastructure, but Fusion will predominately use the line capacity vacated by Mazda6 pulling out.

Operating a common paint shop for both models is why 2014 went to Oxford White and Ruby Red - just like Fusion.
Old 6/8/13, 04:09 PM
GT Member

Hey everyone. New to the forum. Like many of you I'm anxiously awaiting my 2014 Mustang GT as well.
It's good to hear some people got theirs fairly quick. Dealer says 6-8 weeks, and looks like a lot of people get their vehicle in that time frame.
I ordered mine on 4/26/13, and 6 weeks later I still don't have a VIN or a production date. Starting to get a little worried. I want to track the car this summer, and a I'm afraid I'll miss out one some track events if there are delays with the order.

I ordered a Sterling Gray 2014 GT Base manual with Track Package and Recaro Package.

Last edited by Marcin K.; 6/8/13 at 05:25 PM.
Old 6/8/13, 04:31 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by Marcin K.
Hey everyone. New to the forum. Like many of you I'm anxiously awaiting my 2014 Mustang GT as well.
It's good to hear some people got theirs fairly quick. Dealer says 6-8 weeks, and looks like a lot of people get their vehicle in that time frame.
track events if there are delays with the order. I ordered mine on 4/26/13, and 6 weeks later I still don't have a VIN or a production date.
Find out your order number, priority number and dealer number. Then send it to Deysha at Ford Customer Service through a PM on this Board. She will give you the information you need.
Old 6/8/13, 05:29 PM
GT Member

Find out your order number, priority number and dealer number. Then send it to Deysha at Ford Customer Service through a PM on this Board. She will give you the information you need.
Thanks Flinford! Yesterday I sent a PM to FordCustomerService with that information. Is that Deysha? How long does it take for them to get back to you typically?
Old 6/8/13, 05:33 PM
GT Member

My car's ETA to dealer is next Friday.
Hey Saparish, congrats on getting your new car! Glad to hear it's coming soon. When did you place your order? I placed mine April 26th, so I'm hoping my car is not too far behind.
Old 6/8/13, 06:18 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Marcin K.

Hey Saparish, congrats on getting your new car! Glad to hear it's coming soon. When did you place your order? I placed mine April 26th, so I'm hoping my car is not too far behind.
Hey Marcin. I placed my order on 4/3. Seems Shelby's have been taking 10-12 weeks order to delivery. I've seen many GT's and V6's delivered within 6 weeks after order, someone just received one in just less than a month. Deysha usually responds within 48 hours. Once you get a response from her, I would follow up with my dealer if I was you. You want to make sure you have a Priority number of 10. 6 weeks with no VIN seems like a long time for a GT. Hopefully when Deysha responds she has good news for you that your dealer failed to pass along.

Last edited by saparish; 6/8/13 at 06:21 PM.
Old 6/8/13, 06:27 PM
GT Member

Thank you for the heads up Scott. I double checked my DORA, and the Priority number is indeed 10. I hope to hear some good news soon.
Just a few more days till you get your sweet new ride. Hang in there!
Old 6/8/13, 07:33 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

5.9" of rain here since yesterday due to the tropical storm on the east coast.
Lots here too then I had to drive to NH for the weekend with my jeep to pick up some stuff with a trailer... Tomorrow nice mustang drive!!!
Old 6/8/13, 08:46 PM
GT Member

Hey man, car looks SIIIICK. I love that color, that's what I ordered mine in.

As for the stripes, it's hard to find a good look for the Sterling gray. Black I think is the best, but if you add the red accent stripe the car would look even better. Specially if you can find black or charcoal wheel with red rim outline later on.
Old 6/8/13, 08:59 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Not a big fan of stripes personally but the silver looks awesome

Quick Reply: 2014 Ordered/Built/Delivered Thread