Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

2014 Ordered/Built/Delivered Thread

Search this Thread

Old 6/11/13, 03:22 PM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Dinosoar
You, me, and cobrajg make three!! We are all getting our cars built on the same date...6/17/13!! Very cool!
Better hope there's not a party the night before....
Old 6/11/13, 03:29 PM
GT Member

You ain't kidding!!! I've been contemplating when is the best time to have your car assembled...Monday morning was not my ideal time. Hopefully they will get their fill of coffee.
Old 6/11/13, 03:59 PM

Originally Posted by 2014RagTopDay
Got "the call" this morning. This is going to be the longest work day ever. Picking my new pony up tonight. Can't wait! Pictures and reviews soon.

Anyone have any luck using the 2K rebate on an ordered car? (hahaha...)

It's a Rag Top Day!
Every dealer I spoke with (8 of them in Houston area) said they would honor Fords rebate at time of purchase. Only one of them said they honor the current rebate. So hopefully Ford doesn't change the rebate too much for the worse.

Anyway got a ETA on delivery 7/16. I was a little worried about the whole plant shut down thing. Time to hurry up and wait for the window sticker link to work Thanks Deysha.

Last edited by CrazyStand; 6/11/13 at 04:00 PM. Reason: Typo
Old 6/11/13, 04:06 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by 2014RagTopDay
Got "the call" this morning. This is going to be the longest work day ever. Picking my new pony up tonight. Can't wait! Pictures and reviews soon.

Anyone have any luck using the 2K rebate on an ordered car? (hahaha...)

It's a Rag Top Day!
Congrats 2014RagTopDay! PICS! lol You ordered yours around the same time I did but I'm still waiting for mines to be release by the factory for shipping. Hopefully that happens soon! Still great to see others get there rides!
Old 6/11/13, 04:57 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Remford

Incentives are location-dependent, but you SHOULD have been able to lock-in your incentive at the time of ordering or receive any higher incentive offered upon delivery.

Hi Remford,

Is there another cash rebate besides the $1500? Or other rebates we can use when we pick up the car?
Thanks,
Spark
Old 6/11/13, 05:31 PM
V6 Member

You ain't kidding!!! I've been contemplating when is the best time to have your car assembled...Monday morning was not my ideal time. Hopefully they will get their fill of coffee.
It's not quite as bad as it used to be. The days of beer or soda cans in the door cavities are pretty-much gone. But even on a '13 GT500 I found a pair of work gloves wedged between the lower rear fascia and exhaust that must've been a convenient place to stow them when the break whistle blew.

Originally Posted by Spark
Hi Remford,

Is there another cash rebate besides the $1500? Or other rebates we can use when we pick up the car?
Thanks,
Spark
I certainly wouldn't know. Incentives vary from region to region, month to month and even person to person.

Your dealer should've run a VINCENT report at the time of ordering which would've established all incentives for which you qualified at that time. The dealer should also run another upon delivery to ensure any new incentives aren't in effect or you don't qualify for any direct mail offers - and part of the sales process should include a form specifying any incentives the dealer has claimed from Ford and that they've been passed along to you in the deal.

Note: Except for a handful of exceptions, incentives are technically paid to you by Ford after the purchase and applies as a downpayment rather than a price reduction and therefore are not part of the purchase and do not reduce the taxable amount.
Old 6/11/13, 06:02 PM
GT Member

It's not quite as bad as it used to be. The days of beer or soda cans in the door cavities are pretty-much gone. But even on a '13 GT500 I found a pair of work gloves wedged between the lower rear fascia and exhaust that must've been a convenient place to stow them when the break whistle blew.

I certainly wouldn't know. Incentives vary from region to region, month to month and even person to person.

Your dealer should've run a VINCENT report at the time of ordering which would've established all incentives for which you qualified at that time. The dealer should also run another upon delivery to ensure any new incentives aren't in effect or you don't qualify for any direct mail offers - and part of the sales process should include a form specifying any incentives the dealer has claimed from Ford and that they've been passed along to you in the deal.

Note: Except for a handful of exceptions, incentives are technically paid to you by Ford after the purchase and applies as a downpayment rather than a price reduction and therefore are not part of the purchase and do not reduce the taxable amount.
Thanks for the info. My price for the pony was at invoice, minus $1500 rebate, minus $550. The $550 was deducted before tax was applied and the $1500 was deducted after the taxes. Thought I got a good deal.
Old 6/11/13, 06:07 PM
V6 Member

What if you pay cash in full? Does a factory rebate still come later directly to you from Ford as opposed to being deducted from what you pay by the dealer? Or does the dealer deduct it from what you pay and later get the money back from Ford?

Specifically, I am referring to the $750 coupon of sorts attached to certain Ford brochures.
Old 6/11/13, 06:11 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Flynford
What if you pay cash in full? Does a factory rebate still come later directly to you from Ford as opposed to being deducted from what you pay by the dealer? Or does the dealer deduct it from what you pay and later get the money back from Ford?

Specifically, I am referring to the $750 coupon of sorts attached to certain Ford brochures.
Where did you get the $750 coupon?
Old 6/11/13, 06:18 PM
V6 Member

If you got the car you want at a price that was agreeable, you got a good deal. Otherwise, if you're going to always wonder whether you could've gotten it cheaper, you'll never enjoy it.
Old 6/11/13, 06:34 PM
V6 Member

You bought the car from the dealer, not Ford. If the dealer claimed any incentive money from Ford and didn't pass it along, the dealer's in huge trouble. Otherwise, if you bought the car, inked the deal and performed whatever constitutes taking delivery in your state, what's done is done, and why would Ford offer you an additional incentive to buy something that was already a sufficiently compelling value proposition?
Old 6/11/13, 06:48 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Spark
Where did you get the $750 coupon?
Go to Ford.com and request a couple Mustang brochures to be mailed to you. Some of them come with a $750 off coupon that can be used at time of purchase. Specify that you will be purchasing within 30 days when you order the brochure.

My coupon expired 5/18, and I keep requesting new brochures, but none have showed up with the coupon.
Old 6/11/13, 06:52 PM
GT Member

I also sent you a PM today.
Got it Deysha, thanks so much! Looking forward to hearing some good news later this week! You rock.
Old 6/11/13, 06:54 PM
GT Member

I remember finding packs of cigs stuck in certain places or in the engine compartment back in the old days ! Times have changed for sure.

Also....something tells me that you either work for Ford or a dealer ?!
Old 6/11/13, 07:07 PM
GT Member

You, me, and cobrajg make three!! We are all getting our cars built on the same date...6/17/13!! Very cool!
Congrats guys! Your sweet rides are almost here!
Old 6/11/13, 08:52 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by Cobra 2997
Go to Ford.com and request a couple Mustang brochures to be mailed to you. Some of them come with a $750 off coupon that can be used at time of purchase. Specify that you will be purchasing within 30 days when you order the brochure.

My coupon expired 5/18, and I keep requesting new brochures, but none have showed up with the coupon.
The $750 DMO (direct mail offer) isn't always extended with every brochure request, nor is it necessarily offered when requesting a brochure for a particular product. Although it can generally be used for any non-limited allocation product and by anybody in the same household, it's meant to be am inducement to actively-shopping fence sitters, and Ford goes to great lengths to ensue they're not just given *****-nilly to people who'd buy a car anyway without one.

Also be sure you haven't previously used one during the past year or it'll get bounced at purchase even if you inadvertently receive another. Margins are thin enough already, and the overwhelming majority of success Fors has seen hasn't just come from selling more and more expensive cars. It's been by reducing its dependency upon massive incentives which is why Ford is so much more profitable than GM which builds as many cars as it can push onto dealers and then bribing consumers to buy them.

Do the math. If gross margins are 10% and $30K the average purchase price, offering just $500 less in rebates per vehicle not only makes you 15% more profitable without needing to build a single extra car, build another plant or pay another hour of overtime. Multiply that 2M units made each year and you're talking another BILLION dollars for each $500 - and those are BOTTOM LINE dollars, pure profit.

That's why Ford's success has come as much from figuring out which customers it DOESN'T want as those it does, an why knowing how FEW cars it MUST make matters one hell of a lot more than how many it CAN. If, in the process, you can ALSO make better products that more people want while being willing to pay more to own, you're suddenly kicking the a** of and speeding past your top competitor which was given about an $85B competitive advantage just 3-4 years ago. In fact, you even get to ask Congress to bail them out like some sort of special needs venture that can't be responsible for its own governance.

So, that's why those $750 offers are terrific when they arrive, buy people should **** well make sure they use them once they do. It doesn't take Ford long to figure out who's a legitimate prospect it can spend $750 to profitably win away from a competitor, or just a bargain shopping piker who's either going to buy or not regardless of the $750 windfall he's hoping for.

Besides building crappy cars and 30 years of having been prevented from being cost competitive, about 80% of Detroit imploding upon itself was just that simple - and why Ford was able to do enough between just 2006 and 2009 to set a whole new course that took it from being even weaker than Chrysler at the time (can you believe it?) to one of the world's soundest makers with the best future prospects.
Old 6/12/13, 08:23 AM

Hi Deysha,

I was given an ETA of 7/9/13. Does this take into account the Ford shutdown that starts the last week of June? You told me my build date will be about a week after my window sticker goes up on approximately 6/19, which would make my build date around 6/26, which is during the last week of June.
Old 6/12/13, 08:59 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by CrazyStand
Every dealer I spoke with (8 of them in Houston area) said they would honor Fords rebate at time of purchase. Only one of them said they honor the current rebate. So hopefully Ford doesn't change the rebate too much for the worse.
Anyway got a ETA on delivery 7/16. I was a little worried about the whole plant shut down thing. Time to hurry up and wait for the window sticker link to work Thanks Deysha.
Originally Posted by Marcin K.
Got it Deysha, thanks so much! Looking forward to hearing some good news later this week! You rock.
You’re very welcome, guys!

Originally Posted by bwu1
Hi Deysha,
I was given an ETA of 7/9/13. Does this take into account the Ford shutdown that starts the last week of June? You told me my build date will be about a week after my window sticker goes up on approximately 6/19, which would make my build date around 6/26, which is during the last week of June.
Your dates are fine, bwu1. The shutdown starts on 7/4.

Deysha
Old 6/12/13, 09:33 AM

Sent you a PM Deysha.
Old 6/12/13, 11:17 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by bwu1
Hi Deysha,

Congrats bwu1!

When was your purchase/ order date?

Quick Reply: 2014 Ordered/Built/Delivered Thread