2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}

2014 Ordered/Built/Delivered Thread

Search this Thread

Old 6/8/13, 09:59 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Softballer77
Are the Shelbys only built at Flatrock?
Yes. All Mustangs are only built at Flat Rock.
Old 6/8/13, 10:14 PM

Originally Posted by saparish
Flat Rock is the only plant for all Mustangs. 680 Mustangs per day roll of the line. One shift, 10 hours, 68 cars per hour. check out this great 45 minute Nat Geo show all about Mustang production at Flat Rock. I've probably watched it a half dozen times while I have been waiting.

Ford Mustang - Mega Factories - Super cars - National Geographic Documentary - YouTube
What a great video. Thanks for sharing as I had not seen it before!
Old 6/10/13, 04:41 AM
V6 Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
It came in! Thought I'd share:
Attached Thumbnails 2014 Ordered/Built/Delivered Thread-dealership.jpg  
Old 6/10/13, 06:52 AM
Cobra Member

Looks awesome Cyle, congrats. Black on black is always a good choice imo. Some say its hard to keep clean but I don't think so. I didn't even know those rims came in black. I thought they only came in chrome and charcoal. The black ones look pretty good!
Old 6/10/13, 07:01 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 111 Likes on 101 Posts
Looks excellent I have always loved black. Looks fast and mean
Old 6/10/13, 07:16 AM
GT Member

Join the crowd Spark, this thread is actually named "excruciating pain and suffering waiting on your Mustang". The time moves by pretty quickly. Work all day, watch YouTube Mustang videos at night, repeat the next day. My Shelby went into production last Thursday which got me very excited. Found out the other day that the plant is closed this week and my car is stranded on the line. Hopefully that will be the last time Ford kicks me in the nuts. =). Just remember, nothing great comes without a wait.
LoL...I feel your pain...my wife has become a mustang widow in the past three months and I guess she will have put up with me for another month, at least.
Old 6/10/13, 08:00 AM

I"m seeking a sanity check from "those in the know." So my car makes it through build in 23 days from order and makes it to AZ last week only to be stuck in a lot across town just outside the metro area. My dealer says my ETA has been bumped OUT 2 days. The reason I'm given is that it has to do with a union issue and that the cars get to the dealership from the yard, well, when they get there.
I'm thinking like the posters earlier...mounting my own "operation horse theif."
Does anyone out there understand the process for once the car hits a general "yard" and waits for a car carrier to the dealership? Its hard to believe it takes more than 7 days to get across the Phoenix metro area....I'm just guessing, but I suspect my dealer didn't put up with that answer when he ordered his shelby earlier this year. Some things are just meant to be immovable objects I suppose.
Hopefully it will get to the dealership sometime this week.
Old 6/10/13, 08:26 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by 2014RagTopDay
I"m seeking a sanity check from "those in the know." So my car makes it through build in 23 days from order and makes it to AZ last week only to be stuck in a lot across town just outside the metro area. My dealer says my ETA has been bumped OUT 2 days. The reason I'm given is that it has to do with a union issue and that the cars get to the dealership from the yard, well, when they get there.
I'm thinking like the posters earlier...mounting my own "operation horse theif."
Does anyone out there understand the process for once the car hits a general "yard" and waits for a car carrier to the dealership? Its hard to believe it takes more than 7 days to get across the Phoenix metro area....I'm just guessing, but I suspect my dealer didn't put up with that answer when he ordered his shelby earlier this year. Some things are just meant to be immovable objects I suppose.
That seems kinda weird. My dealer said as soon as it gets to the yard they would go get it themselves if waiting for the truck was gonna be to long for me.

Last edited by Ajcruz1; 6/10/13 at 08:56 AM.
Old 6/10/13, 08:47 AM

I'm dying with anticipation of a call today to say my car is ready for pickup! Just need all the terrible weather down here to hold off for a few days so I can drive around... Come onnnn truck driver.
Old 6/10/13, 10:02 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Braun13
I'm dying with anticipation of a call today to say my car is ready for pickup! Just need all the terrible weather down here to hold off for a few days so I can drive around... Come onnnn truck driver.
Best of luck Braun. I hope you get that call anytime now. My car should come off the line this afternoon, if not already, and then head over for the glass roof. Last ETA I was given was 6/14. If that holds, I will be in your shoes Friday.
Old 6/10/13, 10:30 AM

Awesome!!!
Old 6/10/13, 10:31 AM

Best of luck Braun. I hope you get that call anytime now. My car should come off the line this afternoon, if not already, and then head over for the glass roof. Last ETA I was given was 6/14. If that holds, I will be in your shoes Friday.
Awesome...my first reply didn't work out so well
Old 6/10/13, 11:08 AM

...and then head over for the glass roof.
So the glass roofs get installed somewhere else?
Old 6/10/13, 11:47 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by 2014RagTopDay
Mine was the Same way. Sat at a yard 2 hours away. was there for a week before a truck brought it in. I was told the Same thing. The dealer would have went an got it but it's union an wouldn't allow it. Just hang in there. Won't be long now.
Old 6/10/13, 12:21 PM
GT Member

Can anyone tell me what this sheet says regarding my order, VIN #, delivery, etc? I assume this is the order sheet. What's the timeline I am looking at?

Thanks!

2014 Ordered/Built/Delivered Thread-image-2488518658.jpg
Old 6/10/13, 12:50 PM
GT Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Spark
Can anyone tell me what this sheet says regarding my order, VIN #, delivery, etc? I assume this is the order sheet. What's the timeline I am looking at?

Thanks!
You are gonna want to get ahold of Deysha on this forum. Your priority number is super high (59) and you want to get it lower. I believe the best you can get is a 10. She may be able to help you with this but I'm not sure. Having a high priority number will potentially, make it take much longer to get your car. Some others may have more input. I was a priority 10 and got mine in 5 weeks, order to delivery. I do have a friend who ordered a week after me and his hasn't been built yet so he's looking at much longer. I got a V6 premium with a few packages and he got a GT premium with packages. It all depends on several things that I believe Deysha can also comment on. She is very helpful. She is the member 'FordCustomerService' on this forum. If you PM her, with your order information (Order #, dealer #, date of order, etc) she can help provide you with updates. Good luck!
Old 6/10/13, 01:29 PM
V6 Member

Spark-- it is possible that once your dealer actually locked in your order, they used a lower priority number. The lower the number the better. The bigger, or at least another important consideration, is the only plant that makes Stangs is said to be shutting down for most of July. This alone will add 30 days to a delivery time.

Last edited by Flynford; 6/10/13 at 01:32 PM.
Old 6/10/13, 01:40 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Flynford
Spark-- it is possible that once your dealer actually locked in your order, they used a lower priority number. The lower the number the better. The bigger, or at least another important consideration, is the only plant that makes Stangs is said to be shutting down for most of July. This alone will add 30 days to a delivery time.
Could you tell us where you heard that the Mustang line will be down most of July? I heard last week was the only week for the Summer break. This would make me most unhappy!

Deysha, will July be mostly shut down for Mustang production?
Old 6/10/13, 01:54 PM
V6 Member

Sure. Deysha, who is on here with Ford Customer service, posted a link to a Detroit based news article about this July shutdown. There are several articles about it if you Google "Flat Rock Plant July 2014 shutdown". I was also told the same by the dealer with whom I place the order for my wife's GT 500.

Since the initial article about the Flat Rock shutdown, there are some articles that say that because of unexpected vehicle demand, some of the normal July shutdowns will be tempered. But I cannot find one that mentions the Flat Rock shutdown being tempered. I do see they reference other plants. I am looking to put a finer point of the dates of the Flat Rock shutdown.

Do not feel bad. Because of this shutdown my dealer says the the week of July 29 is our best case for a build. So I am caught up in the same web of delay as you.

Last edited by Flynford; 6/10/13 at 01:56 PM.
Old 6/10/13, 01:57 PM
V6 Member

Here's the post about the shutdown.
https://themustangsource.com/f726/fl...-idled-520960/

I'm hoping last weeks surprise shutdown didn't push mine past the shutdown.

Quick Reply: 2014 Ordered/Built/Delivered Thread