Notices
2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

2014 Ordered/Built/Delivered Thread

Search this Thread

Old 6/24/13, 12:59 PM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by solscooter
Ordered and put my deposit down on a SGM GT friday. cant wait to get it!
Welcome and congrats, solscooter! I’ll get back to you as soon as possible.

Originally Posted by CrazyStand
Yay, my window sticker popped up.
Blend is 06/28. Guess I sneak in right before the shutdown. ETA still the 7/16ish.
Woo hoo!!

Originally Posted by Spark
Anyone know if it is possible to pick up the car near the plant or in dealer in Detroit rather than picking it up at the local dealer(Chicagoland), where I bought it?
There is a way to have it delivered to another dealer, but it’s up to your dealer and there’s a fee. Please speak to your dealer about this, Spark.

Deysha
Old 6/24/13, 02:35 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by CrazyStand

You must be close to the plant to get it around the holiday.

Here's to the ford workers having a great day on the 28th!
I'm less than 100 miles as the crow flies from the plant, but we know from the experience of member saparish, proximity does not equal speed of delivery.

I was given an ETA of 7/8 so I'm hoping for an early slide and not a late one.
Old 6/24/13, 04:37 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Spark
Anyone know if it is possible to pick up the car near the plant or in dealer in Detroit rather than picking it up at the local dealer(Chicagoland), where I bought it?
Yes, you can have what's called a "courtesy delivery" done. But, it usually turns out to be a hassle and seems to actually delay delivery from what I've seen.

Usually see this with the Shelby's or Bosses, where a dealers allocation has been met already. You would order from another dealer that had an allocation, then have it courtesy delivered to your local dealer or dealer of choice.

I thought it had to be requested early in the ordering/build process though.
Old 6/24/13, 07:43 PM

I know how everyone is feeling, dealership has told should be here before 7/5.
Ordered 4/9, VIN 6/10, Blend 6/17, initially was to be shipped out the week of 6/23 then got pushed to 6/29.
2014 Ruby Red, GT prem, brembo brakes, and accessory kit 5, was on material hold for a couple weeks.
The wait has been really hard the experience will be well worth it, getting the car you really want.
Old 6/24/13, 11:05 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by saparish
So today was ETA #3 to the dealer and again EPIC FAIL. Since the car didn't show once again, I decided to go on a reconnaissance mission to Ramp 51. Low and behold, I found my beauty sitting on the lot right by the fence. Security wouldn't let me on the lot to take pics, but he was nice enough to go down to the car and verify the VIN for me. Sure enough, it was my baby. Security did let me go down the fenceline and snap some pics from the outside. Here is the beautiful Lyla!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

P.S. Auto Port Ltd., it is only 36 miles to my dealer. Since you seem incapable of delivering my car, there will be a long discussion tomorrow morning about my dealer coming to pick her up or she can stay there.
How frustrating!!

Hopefully you will have you Lyla SOON!! BTW she is super sexy!

My problem is our Shelby is it came a month too soon! We had a snow storm the day we went and looked at her. I guess that is how it goes!

Soon enough you will be enjoying grabbing gears....It's hard not to pour to coals to it with that sweet Shelby sound!
Old 6/25/13, 12:08 AM

Talking 2014 CI Grabber Blue GT

Could anyone tell me what my sequential number means as far as break down of it all. It is a 2014 that I picked up back in April but dont know how to read it.

Thanks in advance!

Old 6/25/13, 08:15 AM
GT Member

I just got my sticker today! I'm one step closer to having a Mustang

The Bend date is 7/29. Missed out on having my car built before shutdown BY 1 DAY!

But at least I know its going to be assembled before the end of July I guess.
Old 6/25/13, 09:21 AM

Talked with SVT yesterday on a whim. I got my sticker on the 13th of June, build 21 June, and SVT said that it's already ready for shipment and should be here to SoCal between 3-6 July which is AWESOME. I leave to drive to Vegas on the 7th. What is a better breaking in period but 200 miles to vegas and 200 back through the desert?!

This is really quick. Not to give everyone else a false sense of hope, and I too realize that things happen and it could not make it in time. But just relaying the info I was given. Initially it looked like it wouldn't be here till 15-20 of July. I will take the bump up if it holds true. Can't wait to get my Shelby...

I ordered mine through the military exchange system. Not sure if that matters. But trust me...after just getting back from spending quite some time in Afghanistan, I'm anxious to have something nice to drive!
Old 6/25/13, 09:31 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by Stang14
I know how everyone is feeling, dealership has told should be here before 7/5.
Ordered 4/9, VIN 6/10, Blend 6/17, initially was to be shipped out the week of 6/23 then got pushed to 6/29.
2014 Ruby Red, GT prem, brembo brakes, and accessory kit 5, was on material hold for a couple weeks.
The wait has been really hard the experience will be well worth it, getting the car you really want.
Congrats on your order, Stang14! PM me with your VIN so I can track it for you.

Originally Posted by o1fstmfucr
Could anyone tell me what my sequential number means as far as break down of it all. It is a 2014 that I picked up back in April but dont know how to read it.

Thanks in advance!
Welcome and congrats on your new vehicle, 01fstmfucr . During production, scheduling gets arranged so that cars with similar features and options are built in the same batch. The order in which the cars are built is at the plant’s discretion. Therefore, those numbers simply identify your vehicle.

Originally Posted by Marcin K.
I just got my sticker today! I'm one step closer to having a Mustang

The Bend date is 7/29. Missed out on having my car built before shutdown BY 1 DAY!
But at least I know its going to be assembled before the end of July I guess.
Woo hoo! I see progress.

Deysha

Last edited by FordService; 6/25/13 at 09:32 AM.
Old 6/25/13, 09:35 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Softballer77
Talked with SVT yesterday on a whim. I got my sticker on the 13th of June, build 21 June, and SVT said that it's already ready for shipment and should be here to SoCal between 3-6 July which is AWESOME. I leave to drive to Vegas on the 7th. What is a better breaking in period but 200 miles to vegas and 200 back through the desert?!

This is really quick. Not to give everyone else a false sense of hope, and I too realize that things happen and it could not make it in time. But just relaying the info I was given. Initially it looked like it wouldn't be here till 15-20 of July. I will take the bump up if it holds true. Can't wait to get my Shelby...

I ordered mine through the military exchange system. Not sure if that matters. But trust me...after just getting back from spending quite some time in Afghanistan, I'm anxious to have something nice to drive!
Welcome back, and congrats on your GT500!
Old 6/25/13, 11:09 AM
GT Member

Word on the street is my Shelby departed Ramp 51 at 7:26 this morning. With my luck it will be the last delivery on the hauler so I can't get it tonight. Have to work late tomorrow so maybe Thursday will be pickup day. Still holding out hope for today though.
Old 6/25/13, 11:11 AM
Cobra Member

Word on the street is my Shelby departed Ramp 51 at 7:26 this morning. With my luck it will be the last delivery on the hauler so I can't get it tonight. Have to work late tomorrow so maybe Thursday will be pickup day. Still holding out hope for today though.
Oh snap, you will probably get it today man. I would hit up the dealer right after work. Good luck!
Old 6/25/13, 11:18 AM
GT Member

WAHOOOOO!

Just got the PM from our favorite Customer Service rep. My car arrived one week early...today! Someone's gotta make some bumper stickers that say "I Love Deysha".

For the new guys' reference, here is how my timeline worked out;
5/20 - Order placed
6/11 - Windo sticker posted
6/17 - Build date\
6/18-19 - Departed Flat Rock
6/25 - Dealership arrival (to Northern Virginia)

P.S.: Good luck saparish...that beautiful red Shelby will be home soon!

Last edited by Dinosoar; 6/25/13 at 11:25 AM.
Old 6/25/13, 11:34 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Dinosoar
Just got the PM from our favorite Customer Service rep. My car arrived one week early...today! Someone's gotta make some bumper stickers that say "I Love Deysha".

For the new guys' reference, here is how my timeline worked out;
5/20 - Order placed
6/11 - Windo sticker posted
6/17 - Build date\
6/18-19 - Departed Flat Rock
6/25 - Dealership arrival (to Northern Virginia)

P.S.: Good luck saparish...that beautiful red Shelby will be home soon!
I like the bumper sticker idea! Yours came in pretty quick. I'm sure you'll have a fun weekend. Congratulations!
Old 6/25/13, 12:08 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by Dinosoar
Wow congrats Dinosoar! Yea that was fast. I'm also down for that bumper sticker!
Old 6/25/13, 12:11 PM

Got notified by Deysha yesterday that my car is in transit in West Virginia...Wooohoo....Now to get rid of my 2011 GT..

Thanks Deysha!!!!!
Old 6/25/13, 01:35 PM
GT Member

Great news!
Old 6/25/13, 01:40 PM
GT Member

Good to hear saparish !! At least it's on it's way now !!
Old 6/25/13, 01:53 PM
GT Member

Hey, I ordered my new Mustang on April 19th, and it got to the dealer May 23rd, for what I expected to be a July delivery! Needless to say, I took ownership of it right away! I never expected the delivry to be that quick !
Old 6/25/13, 02:01 PM

Fantastic news..keep us updated

I didn't expect our cars to be this early. Even the dealer originally told me it would be late in the year before I got my Shelby so now I'm having to do a bit of reworking of plans...lol

Quick Reply: 2014 Ordered/Built/Delivered Thread