Old 10/3/13, 03:39 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by dburton_mi
Soon to be first time Mustang owner.

Ordered: 9/24

V6 Premium - Pony Package- DIB
Originally Posted by Deep Blue
Same here my friend, ordered on 09/25. Gonna be a long couple of months!
Congrats you two!
Old 10/3/13, 07:25 PM
V6 Member

Soon to be first time Mustang owner. Ordered: 9/24 V6 Premium - Pony Package- DIB
You guys are going to love that color! DIB is so sexy.
Old 10/3/13, 10:36 PM

No good pictures, but I picked it up! Got a full house right now! 3 Mustangs and a Mazda CX9!

Tried to switch the rims from my 05 to the 14 today.... tire place swore up and down they would fit over my Brembos ... Not so much. Just bought these wheels 4 months ago, and now I had to get new ones.

But atleast it is here! I can't believe how far these cars have come in 9 years!

43 days from day of order to dealer!
Attached Thumbnails 2014 Ordered/Built/Delivered Thread-imag0077.jpg   2014 Ordered/Built/Delivered Thread-imag0081.jpg   2014 Ordered/Built/Delivered Thread-20131003_160835-1.jpg  
Old 10/4/13, 06:17 AM

Still a few weeks out for me. Track pack, Oxford White, Leather Recaros.
Still enjoying my 2011 GT, but was itching to get back on the track (road course), so time to upgrade!
Old 10/4/13, 08:34 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by STANGIT-NV
No good pictures, but I picked it up! Got a full house right now! 3 Mustangs and a Mazda CX9!

Tried to switch the rims from my 05 to the 14 today.... tire place swore up and down they would fit over my Brembos ... Not so much. Just bought these wheels 4 months ago, and now I had to get new ones.

But atleast it is here! I can't believe how far these cars have come in 9 years!

Pretty snazzy collection and seems you got yours nice and quick. Congrats!
Old 10/4/13, 09:03 AM
GT Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wow. Nice looking stable you have there.

I am hoping that some of the time is shortened for me too. I could drive to Flat Rock in an hour. So, there should not be a long delay for rail or truck transport.
Old 10/4/13, 12:50 PM
2014 SGM Roush Stage 2 --------- Moderator------

Received 1,138 Likes on 817 Posts
Originally Posted by Last1
Cellphone shots after the 1st wash/wax. Have since added Roush side and rear splitters. More pics to come when I get some free time :\
Nice ride! Thanks for the pics... Really like the look of the quad tips with the GT500 exhaust.
Old 10/4/13, 12:53 PM
2014 SGM Roush Stage 2 --------- Moderator------

Received 1,138 Likes on 817 Posts
By the way, still waiting... Roush was expected to complete by 10/2, but no word. Oh the anticipation, kinda like a Heinz ketchup commercial.
Old 10/4/13, 01:54 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
So I hate to vent, but I just got back from my dealer and need to let off some steam. My eta is THURSDAY... 10/3... so a week away, and have thus far been unable to sell my current Mustang, from which the money will be used as a down payment, to keep my payments somewhat reasonable. I was going to take the money and add some more to it to have a total of 15,000 down with the MSRP of 43,420.

So I went to the dealer today to get a trade in quote as sort of a last resort, in case it doesn't sell. Mind you my 2005 ONLY HAS 59,000 MILES ON IT. It has been garaged and babied since day one! I told them that since I am trading it in I am keeping the wheels, and I brought in the stock wheels for them to look at, which would be put back on the car with BRAND NEW TIRES!

They quoted me $5,200 for trade in!!! WHAT A JOKE!!! THEY WILL SELL THIS CAR FOR 13,000+ EASY!

I was so mad I stormed out and didn't really talk to them about why, but I just cant justify that low of a price! The KBB on trade in is 10,000! And that isnt really adding anything for the upgrades that have been done... since I know that it doesn't really payback in the end.

I asked the dealer how long I would have to get my new 2014 once it was on lot. I had heard around here that you had max 30 days. My dealer said 3 days ONLY! After 3 days, they will list it for sale to the general public, and others can test drive etc....

So that leaves me with approx 10 days to sell my car as I refuse to trade it in. In the end I may have to forfeit the one I ordered and order again... thru a different dealer, and start all over. The trade in quote is such an insult that I refuse to let them touch my car again.

I can't believe how many problems these dealers can start over ordering these Mustangs... Sheesh!
I had a smilar issue before and actually sold my car to CarMax for a lot more than any local dealer was willing to give. I just sold my mom's 2006 V6 Premium to CarMax last month for $8200 with 68k miles on it
Old 10/4/13, 03:36 PM

Ordered/Delivered

8/15/2013 - Ordered 2014 White GT Convertable
9/26/2013 - Dealer received my Car!!

Absolutely LOVE my new Mustang!!!!
Attached Thumbnails 2014 Ordered/Built/Delivered Thread-my_new_stang.jpg  
Old 10/5/13, 02:40 PM

Hey everyone. I just ordered my first mustang on September 25 and am beyond anxious to get it and start cruising around San Diego in it.

It is a 2014 GT Convertible Premium, Deep Impact Blue, 6-Speed Manual, Nav package, 18" Rims, Interior Comfort Package, and Convertible Package 6.

Does anyone know if a order is placed later on in the model year if it comes quicker due to smaller demands? Im hoping it will come pretty quick. Haven't heard of a build date for mine yet.
Old 10/5/13, 06:29 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by USNStang
Hey everyone. I just ordered my first mustang on September 25 and am beyond anxious to get it and start cruising around San Diego in it.

It is a 2014 GT Convertible Premium, Deep Impact Blue, 6-Speed Manual, Nav package, 18" Rims, Interior Comfort Package, and Convertible Package 6.

Does anyone know if a order is placed later on in the model year if it comes quicker due to smaller demands? Im hoping it will come pretty quick. Haven't heard of a build date for mine yet.
That hasn't been my experience so far!! That being said, the wait isn't terrible - mine is clocking in at between 2 and 3 months. Others here have had as little as 5 weeks! So, it depends on whether you get lucky or not!

Last edited by Mrsuitcase; 10/6/13 at 08:52 AM. Reason: clarification
Old 10/5/13, 08:42 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by shaneyusa
Nice ride! Thanks for the pics... Really like the look of the quad tips with the GT500 exhaust.
Thanks Shane. Not sure why people rag on the GT500 Axle backs so much and go for the Roush. The best way I can describe the sound of them is "refined." They sound clean and loud enough on acceleration, but not so **** loud that they're obnoxious. In my opinion, they are perfect and I highly recommend them. My next mod is a JLT CAI and Bama tune. Throwing caution to the wind and not worrying about the warranty with a tune. I want a little more power and a little better gas mileage with the 93 octane tune.

Last edited by Last1; 10/5/13 at 08:43 PM.
Old 10/5/13, 08:49 PM
Mach 1 Member

You're going to love this car! I work at the corporate headquarters of a very large retail chain and there is nothing like pulling into a parking full of boring cookie-cutter Audis and BMW's with your Mustang. It is definitely a head turner. Good luck with the wait! It will be here before you know it.
Old 10/6/13, 08:54 AM
Bullitt Member

Someone said "Nice Stable"! I agree! except it's not a stable, that's a STAMPEDE!
Old 10/6/13, 09:24 AM
Mach 1 Member

Thumbs up

Thanks Shane. Not sure why people rag on the GT500 Axle backs so much and go for the Roush. The best way I can describe the sound of them is "refined." They sound clean and loud enough on acceleration, but not so **** loud that they're obnoxious. In my opinion, they are perfect and I highly recommend them. My next mod is a JLT CAI and Bama tune. Throwing caution to the wind and not worrying about the warranty with a tune. I want a little more power and a little better gas mileage with the 93 octane tune.
Loved my Roush axle backs, but got fed up with the constant sound, especially at highway speeds.Changed to GT 500 axle backs . It was like getting a new car !! You can be heard when you want,and Quiet when choose to cruise and enjoy.
Old 10/6/13, 03:32 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by karrnutt
Loved my Roush axle backs, but got fed up with the constant sound, especially at highway speeds.Changed to GT 500 axle backs . It was like getting a new car !! You can be heard when you want,and Quiet when choose to cruise and enjoy.
I really don't feel like the sound with my Roush is that bad. It's there but it's not overwhelming and too powerful. Just a hint of exhaust note and I enjoy that. I like to hear my car slightly. Don't get me wrong the GT500's have a great sound. I've heard both in person, the GT500's on a Shelby and the Roush on my GT, and Roush to me is a little more... I don't know how to put this in words. Aggressive? Angry? I don't know. It's just different haha, and I love it. It's a personal preference and nobody should have the right to rah another persons car. Let them be happy with their ride and tailor it to how they please.
Old 10/7/13, 06:59 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by Mrsuitcase
Just got my sticker today and it's being built on a (uh oh!) MONDAY!
It should finish today, Mrsuitcase!

Cellphone shots after the 1st wash/wax. Have since added Roush side and rear splitters. More pics to come when I get some free time :\
What a beauty, Last1!!

Originally Posted by Ricco
Got the Sticker today! Build will be next Tuesday!
Woo hoo! It’s getting closer, Ricco.

Soon to be first time Mustang owner.
Ordered: 9/24
V6 Premium - Pony Package- DIB
Congrats on your order and thank you for the PM, dburton_mi. I’ll get back to you as soon as possible.

Welcome and congrats, Deep Blue! PM me with your dealer’s name and order number to I can track it for you.

I love it, STANGIT-NV!!

Originally Posted by Capt_Speed
8/15/2013 - Ordered 2014 White GT Convertable
9/26/2013 - Dealer received my Car!!
Absolutely LOVE my new Mustang!!!!
Welcome and congrats on your new ‘Stang, Capt_Speed!

Welcome to the forum and thank you for the PM, USNStang! I’ll get back to you as soon as possible.

Deysha
Old 10/7/13, 09:00 AM

I'm hoping mine is in transit to Texas at this time!
Old 10/7/13, 09:44 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by FordService
It should finish today, Mrsuitcase!

Deysha
WOO HOO!

Let's hope there are no fire drills at the plant today, and that the coffee truck arrived on time this morning!

Quick Reply: 2014 Ordered/Built/Delivered Thread