Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

2014 Ordered/Built/Delivered Thread

Search this Thread

Old 6/23/13, 08:23 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Marcin K.

I agree, and I call . I'm hitting my dealer up for more discount. I'm not just paying for a product, I'm paying for an on-time delivery. My loss of time driving my summer time in the summer is their loss too.
Let me know how the dealer conversation goes. I'm pretty serious about canceling my order, if I don't get it by end of August.
Old 6/23/13, 08:34 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Spark
Let me know how the dealer conversation goes. I'm pretty serious about canceling my order, if I don't get it by end of August.
Will do, Spark. We had a conversation last Friday when the dealer informed me we were going to miss ETA #2, which was 6/21. The wonderful Deysha informed me late Friday that the new ETA was today, 6/23. I told the dealer, Friday, that I was coming to pick it up tomorrow night or they could keep it. Asked them to drive it to Ann Arbor if they had to, but the summer is short and I wasn't going to sit around waiting on the car forever, I would just go buy one off the lot elsewhere. After seeing "MY CAR", I don't think I could walk away, even if it was going to take another month to deliver. My heart was racing like a school boy in love when I laid eyes on her today.
Old 6/23/13, 08:53 PM
Cobra Member

Trust me, hang in there guys. I went with my friend this weekend to pick up his 2014 Race Red GT/CS with every option avail. and I was happy for him and just to see his expression to get exactly what he wanted and what he has been waiting for was priceless. Unless you ordered something simple you won't find one the way you wanted on a dealer lot. This is why we all special ordered our Stangs. It may seem like your waiting forever but in the end you will be glad you did and you will have something that not many others have. Like that glass roof with that color combo and stripes doesn't seem like it would be easy to find Saparish. I'm just as impatient as the next guy but I think it will def. be worth it. Don't think I will order through Ford again though b/c I think there special order/shipping process is messed up and call totalon the whole thing! Don't think its right that some who order after me get there cars before me and some who order before me are still waiting.

Last edited by Ajcruz1; 6/23/13 at 08:54 PM.
Old 6/23/13, 09:02 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Ajcruz1
Like that glass roof with that color combo and stripes doesn't seem like it would be easy to find Saparish.
You know it Ajcruz. I was able to confirm that at this point my car is a 1 of 1. I'll wait however long it takes, just hope it is sooner rather than later.
Old 6/24/13, 04:44 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by cobrajg
Storm moving in so here are 2 quick pics.

Mods installed today; GT500 grill, starkey fogs, roush chin splitter. Also redline hood struts.
Looks great !!
Old 6/24/13, 04:49 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by saparish
Will do, Spark. We had a conversation last Friday when the dealer informed me we were going to miss ETA #2, which was 6/21. The wonderful Deysha informed me late Friday that the new ETA was today, 6/23. I told the dealer, Friday, that I was coming to pick it up tomorrow night or they could keep it. Asked them to drive it to Ann Arbor if they had to, but the summer is short and I wasn't going to sit around waiting on the car forever, I would just go buy one off the lot elsewhere. After seeing "MY CAR", I don't think I could walk away, even if it was going to take another month to deliver. My heart was racing like a school boy in love when I laid eyes on her today.
Hang in there saparish! At least you know that it's just sitting at Ramp 51 waiting to be shipped and there wasn't some other problem (damaged,etc).

-Scott
Old 6/24/13, 07:49 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by Dinosoar
Thanks Gents...and Deysha!
You’re welcome! This is your week, Dinosoar.

Well it looks like your optimism was right Dinosoar, I got the PM from the almighty Deysha that the car will be here tonight or tomorrow!
Called my salesman and he is on the lookout. Going to be a great weekend!!!
Just got home with the car and all i can say is WOW! Absolutely amazing car! Could not be happier. Pics and more later, gotta go for a spin.
Congrats, cobrajg!

Originally Posted by danster68
Got call from dealer, Shelby is finally here! have to work all day and it will have to wait till Monday to get her.....
First and Foremost I want to THANK Deysha for all the updates, the process was brutal but she helped me keep some sanity... THANK YOU AGAIN!!!
This is great, danster68! You’re very welcome!

Originally Posted by Cobra 2997
Nice !!!!
Can't wait for the pics !! Deysha PM'd me late yesterday and said mine was put out for shipping on Thursday, with an ETA of 6/27. I was really hoping that mine was in the same shipment as yours, since they were built the same day and shipping to the same general area.
It’ll get there soon, Cobra 2997!

Good luck on the shipping Cobra. I believe shipping is the black box that no one understands. I'm on ETA number 3 and the car only needs to ship 36 miles. There are cars that were put out the same day as mine that are in Florida now, yet mine still sits at 1 International Drive. Deysha sent me a PM on Friday saying my new ETA is 6/23. Since the dealer isn't open on Sundays, I don't know if they just drop the cars somewhere on the lot or how they do that.
It looks like it’s waiting on a truck, saparish.

Storm moving in so here are 2 quick pics.
Mods installed today; GT500 grill, starkey fogs, roush chin splitter. Also redline hood struts.
Very nice!!!

Originally Posted by katroy77
Congrats to those of you who got your cars in or who will be getting them soon! It's making me impatient for mine to arrive on 7/12 (already delayed a week, please no more!) (Thanks to Deysha for all her spot on information!) Does anyone know if it gets transported by rail first then by truck? My window sticker says convoy but not sure (I am in NH).
Most stickers say “convoy”, katroy77. Yours is going by train.

So today was ETA #3 to the dealer and again EPIC FAIL. Since the car didn't show once again, I decided to go on a reconnaissance mission to Ramp 51. Low and behold, I found my beauty sitting on the lot right by the fence. Security wouldn't let me on the lot to take pics, but he was nice enough to go down to the car and verify the VIN for me. Sure enough, it was my baby. Security did let me go down the fenceline and snap some pics from the outside. Here is the beautiful Lyla!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

P.S. Auto Port Ltd., it is only 36 miles to my dealer. Since you seem incapable of delivering my car, there will be a long discussion tomorrow morning about my dealer coming to pick her up or she can stay there.
She’s gorgeous! Hang in there!

Deysha
Old 6/24/13, 07:56 AM
GT Member

Worth the Wait

I agree with Ajcruz, ordering exactly what you want is the best part of getting a special order car. I've been doing it for years (six times now) and the wait is always a total bummer, but I think it's a frame of mind from the onset. Fact is, you'll get your car, even if it's a month or two late...which is a nightmare. But, a few months after taking delivery (if not a few days) you'll forget all about that nightmare wait. Then, the next time you order one, you'll know better how to cope with any frustration.

One thing I've never been able to cope with is the rotten dealership experience (pervasive incompetence and lies!). In my opinon, Ford Dealers have always been the weakest link in Ford promoting its product.

At any rate, hang in there, your dream car IS coming.
Old 6/24/13, 07:57 AM
GT Member

Ordered and put my deposit down on a SGM GT friday. cant wait to get it!
Old 6/24/13, 08:39 AM
GT Member

So today was ETA #3 to the dealer and again EPIC FAIL. Since the car didn't show once again, I decided to go on a reconnaissance mission to Ramp 51. Low and behold, I found my beauty sitting on the lot right by the fence. Security wouldn't let me on the lot to take pics, but he was nice enough to go down to the car and verify the VIN for me. Sure enough, it was my baby. Security did let me go down the fenceline and snap some pics from the outside. Here is the beautiful Lyla!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

P.S. Auto Port Ltd., it is only 36 miles to my dealer. Since you seem incapable of delivering my car, there will be a long discussion tomorrow morning about my dealer coming to pick her up or she can stay there.
Very cool, and thoroughly frustrating at the same time. She is a beautiful car, saparish!
Old 6/24/13, 08:59 AM

Yay, my window sticker popped up.

Blend is 06/28. Guess I sneak in right before the shutdown. ETA still the 7/16ish.
Old 6/24/13, 09:10 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by CrazyStand

Blend is 06/28. Guess I sneak in right before the shutdown. ETA still the 7/16ish.
NICE! Congrats...that SGM with Saddle interior is an awesome color combination!
Old 6/24/13, 10:18 AM
Bullitt Member

Good news...
Hey, same blend date here. Mine is coming to OK. Wonder if we will be sharing the same hauler as it heads south.
Old 6/24/13, 10:54 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by woodzusa
Good news...
Hey, same blend date here. Mine is coming to OK. Wonder if we will be sharing the same hauler as it heads south.
Congrats woodzusa and CrazySatand! Glad your cars will make it right before shutdown.

I was hoping for the same outcome, but no such luck. Now I have to wait an extra month
Old 6/24/13, 11:01 AM
GT Member

Happy to see my blend date of 6/28 as well. There's a very slight chance of getting the car before/during the holiday weekend but I will take it whenever I can get it.
Old 6/24/13, 11:25 AM

Originally Posted by Dinosoar
NICE! Congrats...that SGM with Saddle interior is an awesome color combination!
Thanks! I think the saddle really 'pops.'

Originally Posted by woodzusa
Good news...
You know it would be interesting to know what route the trains take. I may have to stop my turrets cursing at the train that cuts though my area...which is generally right during rush hour.

Originally Posted by PonyOx
Happy to see my blend date of 6/28 as well. There's a very slight chance of getting the car before/during the holiday weekend but I will take it whenever I can get it.
You must be close to the plant to get it around the holiday.

Here's to the ford workers having a great day on the 28th!
Old 6/24/13, 11:29 AM
GT Member

You know it would be interesting to know what route the trains take. I may have to stop my turrets cursing at the train that cuts though my area...which is generally right during rush hour.

Anyone know if it is possible to pick up the car near the plant or in dealer in Detroit rather than picking it up at the local dealer(Chicagoland), where I bought it?
Old 6/24/13, 11:37 AM
Bullitt Member

My ETA to dealer is 07/14 with yours as 7/16. Seems about right. 10+ hours from my dealer in OK to Houston. Let's hope for no shipping delays..
Old 6/24/13, 11:41 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by Spark

Anyone know if it is possible to pick up the car near the plant or in dealer in Detroit rather than picking it up at the local dealer(Chicagoland), where I bought it?
Unfortunately not! Wish they did have some way to pick up at the factory like alot of the European automakers do.
Old 6/24/13, 11:42 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Ajcruz1

Unfortunately not! Wish they did have some way to pick up at the factory like alot of the European automakers do.
Thanks for the info. What a bummer.

Quick Reply: 2014 Ordered/Built/Delivered Thread