2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

2014 Ordered/Built/Delivered Thread

Search this Thread

Old 4/6/13, 07:26 AM
GT Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I contacted my dealer and asked how much of a deposit I would need to put down when I order my base model v6 Mustang. They said $500.

That seems a bit high and commits you to have to put up with any crap they feel like dishing out since they know you won't walk away. If the dealer messes things up then you are SOL.

Has anyone negotiated there deposit down to nothing or maybe only $100? I'm willing to commit but I do not want get screwed in the process if they don't do their job.
Old 4/6/13, 07:34 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by maverick1125
I contacted my dealer and asked how much of a deposit I would need to put down when I order my base model v6 Mustang. They said $500.

That seems a bit high and commits you to have to put up with any crap they feel like dishing out since they know you won't walk away. If the dealer messes things up then you are SOL.

Has anyone negotiated there deposit down to nothing or maybe only $100? I'm willing to commit but I do not want get screwed in the process if they don't do their job.
I didn't make a deposit. Never even talked about one. That's ridiculous
Old 4/6/13, 07:43 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My dealer wanted me to put $1000 down to hold a car on the lot
Old 4/6/13, 07:46 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by scramblerider5
My dealer wanted me to put $1000 down to hold a car on the lot
I can see that, if they already got it they want to sell it. But ordering you shouldn't have to put down
Old 4/6/13, 07:47 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Hadtohaveit'13
I didn't make a deposit. Never even talked about one. That's ridiculous
Same here, when I ordered my Boss 302 my dealer didn't require a deposit, even though I was willing to put one down. Did the entire deal over the phone....
Let's say they order it, and you back away, it's not like they won't be able to sell it. Unless, it's some goofy combination of options or color.
Old 4/6/13, 07:51 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Cobra 2997

Same here, when I ordered my Boss 302 my dealer didn't require a deposit, even though I was willing to put one down. Did the entire deal over the phone....
Let's say they order it, and you back away, it's not like they won't be able to sell it. Unless, it's some goofy combination of options or color.
I had to do a $500 as well. Just wrote a check. So if I decided not to get it I could always just cancel it.
Old 4/6/13, 08:15 AM
V6 Member

My dealer told me right away that they get a $500 deposit on special orders. I was prepared to do that, since I wanted the car, and I would be borrowing $500 less at the time of delivery. Once I went in and worked out the order, the salesman carried it in to the sales manager. He came back and said that they were not going to request a deposit from me because the car I ordered would be a very easy sale for them If I didn't take it. I originally was going to purchase the rival car, and the dealer there asked me to order one and I could take it or not when it came in. They wanted the order to increase their allotment.
Old 4/6/13, 09:58 AM

You can ask for a refundable deposit if you back out before you get a VIN or if your car isn't as specified or damaged. I got the $1000 back that I put down on the first Shelby I ordered when I canceled the order before the VIN was assigned. I put $1000 down on my current order that was nonrefundable, but it was for a small dealer's only allocation so I felt that was fair. If the car isn't an unusual combo can't you find one that is already built?
Old 4/6/13, 10:01 AM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Why? They can't keep your deposit if you pull out.
Old 4/6/13, 10:12 AM

Originally Posted by 11SHELBYGT500
Why? They can't keep your deposit if you pull out.
They can if it's nonrefundable.
Old 4/6/13, 10:18 AM
GT Member

If they can't keep the deposit and I can cancel the check then why should they ask for a deposit in the first place? If I wrote a check are they just going file it somewhere for 6-8 weeks? How can I trust it won't get deposited?

I just plan on ordering a 2014 base v6, auto, appearance package in grabber blue. It shouldn't be hard to sell. I have no plans to back out unless it's the last resort.
Old 4/6/13, 10:22 AM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by 14GT500SGM

They can if it's nonrefundable.
I've never heard of such a thing

If they can't keep the deposit and I can cancel the check then why should they ask for a deposit in the first place? If I wrote a check are they just going file it somewhere for 6-8 weeks? How can I trust it won't get deposited?

I just plan on ordering a 2014 base v6, auto, appearance package in grabber blue. It shouldn't be hard to sell. I have no plans to back out unless it's the last resort.
To make sure you're a serious buyer
Old 4/6/13, 11:01 AM

You guys are lucky. Our dealer wanted $1000 down, and yes, they did cash the check! We didn't prefer that amount, and don't know if they wanted more because it was a convertible.
Supposedly non-refundable, but we did ask about what happens if it was damaged in transit (since we saw that at a different dealer last summer).
We knew we wanted t.he car so we didn't push it.
That being said, we had never bought from that dealer before, and they didn't know us either. But I also felt they would not have trouble selling the car either. And they weren't a huge dealer as some other ones are in my area though either.
So we didn't squabble, did try to go for $500 down and they didn't want to do that. But again we didn't push because we weren't prepared to walk as they had the best price.
If we were going to walk it would have been a different story.
Old 4/6/13, 11:02 AM

So all you car washers out there, any suggestions of what product to use for washing?
Old 4/6/13, 11:03 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
If only there was a thread on washing your car.
Old 4/6/13, 11:08 AM
V6 Member

Hey Maverick, I see you are from OKC. I am between there and Tulsa. The day before my Grabber Blue came in , My salesman said he had another Grabber show up, but with an automatic. I didn't get the specifics of it, but it may be just what you are looking for. If you want the info, shoot me a PM. It would beat the heck out of waiting!
Old 4/6/13, 12:11 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by wheelman
If only there was a thread on washing your car.
YouTube junkman200 should be everything you need to know on washing an detailing.
Old 4/6/13, 01:21 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by 2014grabber
Hey Maverick, I see you are from OKC. I am between there and Tulsa. The day before my Grabber Blue came in , My salesman said he had another Grabber show up, but with an automatic. I didn't get the specifics of it, but it may be just what you are looking for. If you want the info, shoot me a PM. It would beat the heck out of waiting!
Thanks for the help but I have to wait until June when my wife's car is paid off. Then the time it takes for a factory ordered car to come in I'll have the money for TTT.

I decided last summer I was going to get a new Mustang and since then I have been working overtime and have been able to get my motorcycle paid off and now I'm using that money to make double payments on my wife's car. This has been a true test of patience for me.
Old 4/6/13, 02:06 PM
V6 Member

You are welcome. They tried to find my car on a lot somewhere, and found a similar one in OKC that I almost bought. It was a '13 and was missing the spoiler, which would non have been a problem to add, but I really wanted the comfort package too, so I ended up ordering. Be sure to order a brochure from Ford. Lots of guys got one with a $750 coupon in it. I didn't, but its worth the effort!
Old 4/6/13, 02:09 PM

Originally Posted by Neverl8
YouTube junkman200 should be everything you need to know on washing an detailing.
Thanks Neverl8. I will check that out.

I found it hard to believe the owners manual recommended Mopar products. Seems odd since those are not Ford products.

I had checked out the car wash thread before i posted and it was helpful, but kind of dated.
Thought maybe there would be some newer products listed, but then again, maybe they don't change that much. LOL.
Just thought I'd ask and get an informal poll to see what people are using.

Quick Reply: 2014 Ordered/Built/Delivered Thread