Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

2014 Ordered/Built/Delivered Thread

Search this Thread

Old 6/22/13, 04:30 AM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Spark
I have a favor to ask you,(y'all). Could you add to your signature of your posts; when you ordered, VIN received, ETA and Delivered? I am trying to figure out how long to realistically wait for my order. I am hoping that I get my car, which was ordered 6/3 would get delivered by end of July. But if it takes to the end of August or September, I may back out from the order and wait for the 2015 model. The July factory shut down will most likely take the delivery into September. Thanks for your help.

Spark
Ordered = June 5

ETA = August 23

Build date = to be assigned
Old 6/22/13, 08:48 AM
Bullitt Member

Ordered SGM gt tech manual convertible
ordered 05/11 I think . Vin on 5/31 . No window sticket yet but eta to dealer by07/14 (ish)
Old 6/22/13, 08:55 AM
V6 Member

I have a favor to ask you,(y'all). Could you add to your signature of your posts; when you ordered, VIN received, ETA and Delivered? I am trying to figure out how long to realistically wait for my order. I am hoping that I get my car, which was ordered 6/3 would get delivered by end of July. But if it takes to the end of August or September, I may back out from the order and wait for the 2015 model. The July factory shut down will most likely take the delivery into September. Thanks for your help.

Spark
Apart from universal events like scheduled downtime, because of all the many moving parts that include a given dealers' allocations to the specific week any given dealer's remaining allocations may be slated for build, almost no amount of information about ANY quantity of orders is likely to provide any kind of reliable insight into how much sooner or later any OTHER order is likely to be built, let alone shipped, let alone delivered.

It's just not a companywide FIFO process.
Old 6/22/13, 09:10 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by dmichaels
Dinosaur - and initial plans for the car after taking delivery?
You can check out "My Garage", but the answer is yes. I have several FRPP kits to instal that'll be picked up with the car. I may have Ford install the Power Pack due to warranty issues (which a joke cause it's pretty much just a flash), but I'll do all the rest of it. I ordered the new GT500 15" brake kit, cooling ducts, trans scoop, and the adjustable handling pack. Of course, probably not that first weekend. That very first day or two will be take my boy for a ride, and some pix.

My first track event will likely be at Summit Point, WV in August.
Old 6/22/13, 01:24 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Marcin K.
I second what Ajcruz said.

My buddy and I both ordered our mustangs on the same day from different dealerships. That day was 4/26. I just got my VIN a week ago, and due to the shutdown my ETA is 8/14. His will get built before the shutdown, and his ETA is 7/10. It really doesn't make much sense if you ask me.
That's crazy! It just doesn't seem right.
Old 6/22/13, 02:00 PM

Got call from dealer, Shelby is finally here! have to work all day and it will have to wait till Monday to get her.....

First and Foremost I want to THANK Deysha for all the updates, the process was brutal but she helped me keep some sanity... THANK YOU AGAIN!!!

Dan
Old 6/22/13, 02:23 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by danster68
Got call from dealer, Shelby is finally here! have to work all day and it will have to wait till Monday to get her.....

First and Foremost I want to THANK Deysha for all the updates, the process was brutal but she helped me keep some sanity... THANK YOU AGAIN!!!

Dan
Congrats man I hoping mines arrives this week. To everyone getting there Stangs this week PICS! lol
Old 6/22/13, 03:03 PM
V6 Member

Just got home with the car and all i can say is WOW! Absolutely amazing car! Could not be happier. Pics and more later, gotta go for a spin.
Old 6/22/13, 03:11 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by danster68

Dan
Congrats Dan! The next 40hrs or so is going to move very slow...
Old 6/22/13, 03:11 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by cobrajg
Just got home with the car and all i can say is WOW! Absolutely amazing car! Could not be happier. Pics and more later, gotta go for a spin.
Nice!
Old 6/22/13, 07:45 PM
GT Member

Nice !!!!
Can't wait for the pics !! Deysha PM'd me late yesterday and said mine was put out for shipping on Thursday, with an ETA of 6/27. I was really hoping that mine was in the same shipment as yours, since they were built the same day and shipping to the same general area.

Oh well, I might take a drive to my dealer tomorrow just to look around....just in case it possibly arrived early.
Old 6/22/13, 11:31 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Cobra 2997

Nice !!!!
Can't wait for the pics !! Deysha PM'd me late yesterday and said mine was put out for shipping on Thursday, with an ETA of 6/27. I was really hoping that mine was in the same shipment as yours, since they were built the same day and shipping to the same general area.

Oh well, I might take a drive to my dealer tomorrow just to look around....just in case it possibly arrived early.
Good luck on the shipping Cobra. I believe shipping is the black box that no one understands. I'm on ETA number 3 and the car only needs to ship 36 miles. There are cars that were put out the same day as mine that are in Florida now, yet mine still sits at 1 International Drive. Deysha sent me a PM on Friday saying my new ETA is 6/23. Since the dealer isn't open on Sundays, I don't know if they just drop the cars somewhere on the lot or how they do that. Hopefully my dealer calls Monday morning with good news. Best of luck to you, hope your car is there next week.
Old 6/23/13, 04:18 PM
V6 Member

Storm moving in so here are 2 quick pics.

Mods installed today; GT500 grill, starkey fogs, roush chin splitter. Also redline hood struts.
Attached Thumbnails 2014 Ordered/Built/Delivered Thread-20130623_173550.jpg   2014 Ordered/Built/Delivered Thread-20130623_173559.jpg  
Old 6/23/13, 05:09 PM
GT Member

Niiiiiiice!
Old 6/23/13, 06:27 PM

Congrats to those of you who got your cars in or who will be getting them soon! It's making me impatient for mine to arrive on 7/12 (already delayed a week, please no more!) but I also feel the pain for those of you who ordered before or close to me who won't get their car built before the shutdown. The whole process is crazy...when I ordered back in April I fully expected to have my car by now
But I guess I should be happy that the car has been built, released by the plant and awaiting delivery load up hearing some of your stories. (Thanks to Deysha for all her spot on information!) Does anyone know if it gets transported by rail first then by truck? My window sticker says convoy but not sure (I am in NH).
Old 6/23/13, 06:54 PM
GT Member

So today was ETA #3 to the dealer and again EPIC FAIL. Since the car didn't show once again, I decided to go on a reconnaissance mission to Ramp 51. Low and behold, I found my beauty sitting on the lot right by the fence. Security wouldn't let me on the lot to take pics, but he was nice enough to go down to the car and verify the VIN for me. Sure enough, it was my baby. Security did let me go down the fenceline and snap some pics from the outside. Here is the beautiful Lyla!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

P.S. Auto Port Ltd., it is only 36 miles to my dealer. Since you seem incapable of delivering my car, there will be a long discussion tomorrow morning about my dealer coming to pick her up or she can stay there.
Attached Thumbnails 2014 Ordered/Built/Delivered Thread-dsc_0029_2.jpg  
Old 6/23/13, 07:53 PM
Cobra Member

Storm moving in so here are 2 quick pics.

Mods installed today; GT500 grill, starkey fogs, roush chin splitter. Also redline hood struts.
Very Nice Cobrajg! I think we have all been waiting so long that we have accumulated mods to install once we get our stangs.
Old 6/23/13, 08:07 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by saparish
So today was ETA #3 to the dealer and again EPIC FAIL. Since the car didn't show once again, I decided to go on a reconnaissance mission to Ramp 51. Low and behold, I found my beauty sitting on the lot right by the fence. Security wouldn't let me on the lot to take pics, but he was nice enough to go down to the car and verify the VIN for me. Sure enough, it was my baby. Security did let me go down the fenceline and snap some pics from the outside. Here is the beautiful Lyla!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

P.S. Auto Port Ltd., it is only 36 miles to my dealer. Since you seem incapable of delivering my car, there will be a long discussion tomorrow morning about my dealer coming to pick her up or she can stay there.

Thats one bad *** snake! Is that a glass roof? That's awesome that you found it on the lot at the factory. Hang in there man. The manager at my dealer told me the hold up with a lot of there cars was a shortage in rail cars. Maybe your case is similar and there is a shortage of trucks to deliver cars locally.
Old 6/23/13, 08:21 PM
GT Member

That's crazy! It just doesn't seem right.
I agree, and I call . I'm hitting my dealer up for more discount. I'm not just paying for a product, I'm paying for an on-time delivery. My loss of time driving my summer car in the summer is their loss too.
Old 6/23/13, 08:21 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by saparish

She's a beauty! It's so sad, all those ponies caged up and waiting to be taken their homes.

Quick Reply: 2014 Ordered/Built/Delivered Thread