2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

2014 Ordered/Built/Delivered Thread

Search this Thread

Old 6/20/13, 09:59 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Was yesterday the day my GT convertible would show up. Nope. Will it be today, not yet. Maybe tomorrow? Plant shut down in 2 weeks. No build sitcker yet . This is brutal.
Kind of wished I would have looked around for a used one so I could have enjoyed it during the summer months prior to the 100 degree plus days that will be coming to my area.
Old 6/20/13, 12:47 PM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by Ajcruz1
Yeeeeah buddy! Looks like my luck might be turning around. Got a call from the dealer today and my Stang has shipped and should be here in about 6 days.Forgot to ask if thats business days or total days. Does anyone know if the trains keep moving through the weekend?
It’s waiting to be loaded onto a train, Ajcruz1. One on the train, it’ll travel all the way to the nearest rail yard to your dealer. The train does keep moving through the weekend.

Originally Posted by saparish
So when my order was originally scheduled I had an ETA of 6/26. Once it went into production the ETA got moved forward to 6/14. Needless to say, 6/14 was a fail and my new ETA was 6/21. Looks like that ETA is going to be another FAIL. New ETA is 6/24 per SVT. Wish that darn system never would have updated my ETA. Keep getting my hopes up just to be let down. Also wish there was a pickup option since the carrier can't seem to move my car 36 miles to the dealer.
It’ll get on a truck before you know it, saparish.

Originally Posted by ericd84
Hey guys just got my car 2 weeks ago and I need help and contacting a ford rep. To look at the damage on my car, cause the dealer had made 3 razor marks by the pass back window and looks like that area was also repainted and dealer is giving me a hard time, called and when there like 8 times and all they gave me is touch up paint " free of charge" can anyone help me
Please PM me with your full name, mileage, VIN, dealer, best daytime number, and a brief description of the issue, so I can get it escalated for you ericd84.

Originally Posted by woodzusa
Was yesterday the day my GT convertible would show up. Nope. Will it be today, not yet. Maybe tomorrow? Plant shut down in 2 weeks. No build sitcker yet . This is brutal.
Kind of wished I would have looked around for a used one so I could have enjoyed it during the summer months prior to the 100 degree plus days that will be coming to my area.
Please PM me for an update, woodzusa.

Deysha
Old 6/20/13, 03:30 PM
Bullitt Member

Thanks Deysha for the offer.
I've bothered you enough. you gave me an update recently with an expected schedule window sticker of the 19th. I'm just impatient. If it takes a week to the acutal build date after window sticker is up then it will be cutting it close.
Still holding out hope that it gets in and at least on the lot awaiting shipping by July.
Old 6/20/13, 03:33 PM
GT Member

I feel your pain. I ordered mine 4/26, got the VIN just last week, AND it won't be built before the shutdown. ETA 8/14.
Old 6/20/13, 07:16 PM
GT Member

Going like a freight train

Just got an update from my dealer (rare occurrence) that my Mustang, which was built this past Monday, is on the on a freight train and at a depot in Ohio. That means it's between 1/4 to 1/3 of the way to Northern Virginia. More importantly, it's on its way and not stuck at 1 International Drive in Flat Rock, MI!!!! Very excited that my estimated delivery date of July 3rd is a likely reality. I think taking delivery on July 4th would be pretty cool!
Old 6/20/13, 07:28 PM
GT Member

Delete

Last edited by saparish; 6/20/13 at 08:07 PM.
Old 6/20/13, 08:09 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by saparish
Delete
Feel better?
Old 6/20/13, 08:52 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by PonyOx

Feel better?
LOL. I'm done complaining. The car will travel the 40 miles to the dealer whenever the transport company feels like moving it. I just have to realize that to Ford, the transport company, etc. it's just another ordinary old car. The fact that it is a dream come true for me doesn't mean a hill of beans to them. I just need to sit back and relax.

Considering I am paying the same delivery fee as everyone else, seems there would be more liberty in expediting the car 40 miles. Heck, they could have used that money to hire Dale Jr. To drive my car the 40 miles to Ann Arbor seeing that the NASCAR boys were in town last week.
Old 6/21/13, 06:34 AM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by Dinosoar
Just got an update from my dealer (rare occurrence) that my Mustang, which was built this past Monday, is on the on a freight train and at a depot in Ohio. That means it's between 1/4 to 1/3 of the way to Northern Virginia. More importantly, it's on its way and not stuck at 1 International Drive in Flat Rock, MI!!!! Very excited that my estimated delivery date of July 3rd is a likely reality. I think taking delivery on July 4th would be pretty cool!
Awesome Dinosoar! Hopefully mine is loaded up and traveling down I-75 for an early arrival, but I don't see that being likely.

Sorry saparish, I hate to think of mine coming down to Cincy in a matter of a couple days after being built and yours sitting so close and not moving. The whole process is mind blowing.
Old 6/21/13, 07:01 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 111 Likes on 101 Posts
Very cool, quick turn time once you got the whole dealer issue sorted out! Hope the car arrives for the holiday. I am ready getting used to the car and it doesn't feel as fast But I still smile every time I go WOT in 2-4 gears. Hopefully will get to stretch her legs on July 22 now. Grippy track pads are being picked up next week

Post pics when it arrives !
Old 6/21/13, 09:44 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Thanks Deysha for the offer.
I've bothered you enough. you gave me an update recently with an expected schedule window sticker of the 19th. I'm just impatient. If it takes a week to the acutal build date after window sticker is up then it will be cutting it close.
Still holding out hope that it gets in and at least on the lot awaiting shipping by July.
It’s no bother. Just send me a PM, woodzusa.

Almost there!

Deysha
Old 6/21/13, 10:02 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by cobrajg
Awesome Dinosoar! Hopefully mine is loaded up and traveling down I-75 for an early arrival, but I don't see that being likely.

Sorry saparish, I hate to think of mine coming down to Cincy in a matter of a couple days after being built and yours sitting so close and not moving. The whole process is mind blowing.
Originally Posted by dmichaels
Very cool, quick turn time once you got the whole dealer issue sorted out! Hope the car arrives for the holiday. I am ready getting used to the car and it doesn't feel as fast But I still smile every time I go WOT in 2-4 gears. Hopefully will get to stretch her legs on July 22 now. Grippy track pads are being picked up next week

Post pics when it arrives !
Thanks Gents...and Deysha!

I'm sure yours is loaded up and well enroute too, cobrajg!...Cobra 2997 too, I believe. All three of us had the same Blend date!

dmichaels, no problem on the pix....especially if I have all weekend to fiddle with the thing. I have off July 4th am taking July5th off so I'll have 3-4 days of just drowling with my new baby! I should have bunch of FRPP items to install too.

Last edited by Dinosoar; 6/21/13 at 10:11 AM.
Old 6/21/13, 12:14 PM
V6 Member

Well it looks like your optimism was right Dinosoar, I got the PM from the almighty Deysha that the car will be here tonight or tomorrow!

Called my salesman and he is on the lookout. Going to be a great weekend!!!
Old 6/21/13, 02:07 PM
GT Member

Thanks Gents...and Deysha!

I'm sure yours is loaded up and well enroute too, cobrajg!...Cobra 2997 too, I believe. All three of us had the same Blend date!
Well it looks like your optimism was right Dinosoar, I got the PM from the almighty Deysha that the car will be here tonight or tomorrow!

Wow, thats good to hear cobrajg !!! I would assume both yours and mine would be on the same convoy/truck coming to the Cincy area !! I'll have to check with my dealer, but he's a little slow to respond...
Old 6/21/13, 02:22 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by Cobra 2997

Wow, thats good to hear cobrajg !!! I would assume both yours and mine would be on the same convoy/truck coming to the Cincy area !! I'll have to check with my dealer, but he's a little slow to respond...
I would figure them being on the same truck also. When I hear from my salesman I will ask him if there was another SGM mustang on the truck.

My dealer had no clue that a truck was coming today or tomorrow. I can't imagine it being too difficult for them to get the same info with a little effort. That is why I relied on Deysha for all my intel and never asked my dealer for anything.

Good luck Cobra 2997, hopefully it's on the truck with mine!
Old 6/21/13, 06:21 PM
GT Member

Holy cool! That's great news. I bet our cars were on the same train out of Flat Rock arriving in Ohio yesterday...yours just got off. Nice!

I just got word from Deysha that my car may arrive a day earlier on the 2nd of July. I also got word from my dealer that the new 15" GT500 brake kit will be added to my FRPP list of accessories that I'll pick up on delivery day. They gave me a great price. Very excited, of course. My dealer seems to be working after all. Glad I 'fired' the first one!

Looking forward to seeing your pix this weekend! Congrats in advance, cobrajg!!

Last edited by Dinosoar; 6/21/13 at 06:23 PM.
Old 6/21/13, 06:40 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 111 Likes on 101 Posts
Dinosaur - and initial plans for the car after taking delivery?
Old 6/21/13, 08:49 PM
GT Member

I would figure them being on the same truck also. When I hear from my salesman I will ask him if there was another SGM mustang on the truck.

My dealer had no clue that a truck was coming today or tomorrow. I can't imagine it being too difficult for them to get the same info with a little effort. That is why I relied on Deysha for all my intel and never asked my dealer for anything.

Good luck Cobra 2997, hopefully it's on the truck with mine!
I have a favor to ask you,(y'all). Could you add to your signature of your posts; when you ordered, VIN received, ETA and Delivered? I am trying to figure out how long to realistically wait for my order. I am hoping that I get my car, which was ordered 6/3 would get delivered by end of July. But if it takes to the end of August or September, I may back out from the order and wait for the 2015 model. The July factory shut down will most likely take the delivery into September. Thanks for your help.

Spark
Old 6/21/13, 09:00 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by Spark

I have a favor to ask you,(y'all). Could you add to your signature of your posts; when you ordered, VIN received, ETA and Delivered? I am trying to figure out how long to realistically wait for my order. I am hoping that I get my car, which was ordered 6/3 would get delivered by end of July. But if it takes to the end of August or September, I may back out from the order and wait for the 2015 model. The July factory shut down will most likely take the delivery into September. Thanks for your help.

Spark
Everyone's different man; Some who have ordered after me are getting there cars before me and some who have ordered before me are still waiting to be built. All depends.
Old 6/21/13, 10:47 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Spark

Spark
I second what Ajcruz said.

My buddy and I both ordered our mustangs on the same day from different dealerships. That day was 4/26. I just got my VIN a week ago, and due to the shutdown my ETA is 8/14. His will get built before the shutdown, and his ETA is 7/10. It really doesn't make much sense if you ask me.

Quick Reply: 2014 Ordered/Built/Delivered Thread