Old 5/10/13, 07:18 PM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nice ride M Hoss looks great.
Old 5/10/13, 08:16 PM
GT Member

Disaster

I have been waiting four weeks to get any information out of my dealership on the status of my order (2014 Base GT/Track Pack/Recaros/DIBlue). Couldn't even get the order number 'til yesterday with no status. Ford Customer Service gave me the VIN yesterday...the dealer would not. The dealer never (literally never) replied to any emails or phone calls. When I visited today, the only thing they were prepared to do is RENEGOTIATE the previously agreed price. Can you believe it? I cancelled the order and have to start over again with another dealer. It's a longer story, of course, but I am so let down. Avoid Koons Ford of Falls Church, VA. You just may not get what you both agreed to. And you won't get any help once they close the deal. This was exactly my experience, no other way to describe it.
Old 5/10/13, 08:21 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by silvagsr
Hey M hoss. I like he red....is that the track package or brembo package? The wheels look great
I ordered a manual base coupe and Track Pack as the only option. The Brembos, 255/40/19 rubber and wheels are part of the package.
Old 5/10/13, 08:21 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Dinosoar
I have been waiting four weeks to get any information out of my dealership on the status of my order (2014 Base GT/Track Pack/Recaros/DIBlue). Couldn't even get the order number 'til yesterday with no status. Ford Customer Service gave me the VIN yesterday...the dealer would not. The dealer never (literally never) replied to any emails or phone calls. When I visited today, the only thing they were prepared to do is RENEGOTIATE the previously agreed price. Can you believe it? I cancelled the order and have to start over again with another dealer. It's a longer story, of course, but I am so let down. Avoid Koons Ford of Falls Church, VA. You just may not get what you both agreed to. And you won't get any help once they close the deal. This was exactly my experience, no other way to describe it.
Ugh...that's awful !! I haven't been able to get much info from my dealer either, I ordered on April 11th and don't have a VIN yet. Also, I'm wondering if my dealer is going to pull the same stunt with me on the price that we negotiated.....
Old 5/10/13, 08:35 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Dinosaur- sorry to hear that... that sucks! I wonder if Ford corporate has any interest in hearing about bad experiences at their dealers?

Cobra2997- That's odd... I ordered same day as you- got a VIN a couple weeks back, and the car was built last week. This whole ordering thing seems hit-and-miss (while I look forward to getting mine, I have to admit I will probably never order from the factory again... just not as fun finding one on a lot).

MHoss- So, you are liking the 3.73 rear gear? I'll admit to "fearing the gear" a bit (worrying it will make things unpleasant when dealing with the frequent bumper-to-bumper traffic around here).
Old 5/10/13, 08:40 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Varilux
Nice pics, MHoss (don't know if you are a Mizzou fan, but your QB Franklin played for my son's HS- that kid was amazing in HS)!

+1 on waiting for a rail car. Crossing my fingers Deysha's ETA (subject to change) of 5/18 holds up!
Thanks, Pete. Sorry, I don't follow sports of any kind.

I'm praying that your Pony arrives as per Deysha's ETA or sooner, if at all possible. Man, I know what you're going through. When she arrives, you will be Happy, Happy, Happy. I look forward to seeing your pics.
Old 5/10/13, 08:43 PM
GT Member

The worst part is you never know how it's gonna be with the dealer till you waste time with them. Most of them don't care once they get a deposit.
Old 5/10/13, 08:54 PM
Bullitt Member

MHoss- So, you are liking the 3.73 rear gear? I'll admit to "fearing the gear" a bit (worrying it will make things unpleasant when dealing with the frequent bumper-to-bumper traffic around here).
I'm completely satisfied with the 3.73. I live in a small city and the main drag traffic flows at 35/40. I easily keep up in 5th gear (1250/1500rpm) with no problems. And, she very easily takes off from a stop in 2nd gear. The only thing I would like to eliminate is, the clanking sound of the driveline. I don't know but, the one-piece aluminum shaft may be in my pony's future. I'll have to do some forum reading on it, or get advice from someone with knowledge of and experience with both, so I can make an educated choice. Otherwise, I'm starting to get used to driving a stick again. Too many years of Awfulmatics, I guess.
Old 5/10/13, 09:26 PM
Mach 1 Member

And, she very easily takes off from a stop in 2nd gear.
That's EXACTLY what I wanted to hear... That was my plan for dealing with the bumper to bumper situation.

Right now, I'm shopping exhaust mods (my neighbor has a '12 with the Roush axle backs... sounds mean). At the moment, I'm leaning towards an electronically switched cut out system (nice and quiet for the drive to work, but at the local car show I can flip a switch and sound nice and mean).

Otherwise, I'm starting to get used to driving a stick again. Too many years of Awfulmatics, I guess.
My '65 has a 5 speed, but I noticed the clutch is a LOT different in the '14. Also, the 200 straight six is probably only putting about 80hp to the rear wheels... The '14 will be putting >4x that hp to the ground!

I'm praying that your Pony arrives as per Deysha's ETA or sooner, if at all possible. Man, I know what you're going through. When she arrives, you will be Happy, Happy, Happy. I look forward to seeing your pics.
I think I'm in a good place now. I was washing my current car today, and- as usual- someone came over to ask what it was (Z4 coupes are kinda rare). I doubt anyone will have to ask me what my '14 GT is, so I'm going to enjoy the last week or so with my Bimmer. (The occasional Capt n Coke might help a bit too).

Will definitely be posting some pics! Once the car is a couple days away, I plan on going down to the dealer and doing all but the final signature. I already have my financing, and I can go ahead and turn in the current ride. That way, I can focus on just checking out the car prior to delivery and "enjoying the pick-up experience!"

Now, go out and do a couple more of those "70-120mph" runs! Enjoy!
Old 5/10/13, 09:32 PM
Bullitt Member

And, she very easily takes off from a stop in 2nd gear.
That's EXACTLY what I wanted to hear... That was my plan for dealing with the bumper to bumper situation.

Right now, I'm shopping exhaust mods (my neighbor has a '12 with the Roush axle backs... sounds mean). At the moment, I'm leaning towards an electronically switched cut out system (nice and quiet for the drive to work, but at the local car show I can flip a switch and sound nice and mean).

Otherwise, I'm starting to get used to driving a stick again. Too many years of Awfulmatics, I guess.
My '65 has a 5 speed, but I noticed the clutch is a LOT different in the '14. Also, the 200 straight six is probably only putting about 80hp to the rear wheels... The '14 will be putting >4x that hp to the ground!

I think I'm in a good place now. I was washing my current car today, and- as usual- someone came over to ask what it was (Z4 coupes are kinda rare). I doubt anyone will have to ask me what my '14 GT is, so I'm going to enjoy the last week or so with my Bimmer. (The occasional Capt n Coke might help a bit too).

Will definitely be posting some pics! Once the car is a couple days away, I plan on going down to the dealer and doing all but the final signature. I already have my financing, and I can go ahead and turn in the current ride. That way, I can focus on just checking out the car prior to delivery and "enjoying the pick-up experience!"

Now, go out and do a couple more of those "70-120mph" runs! Enjoy!
One thing that amuses me about putting along in a '14 GT... The local teens definitely eyeball the red rocket now, but don't roll up and rev their engines like they did when I drove the '07 GT. Guess they know the Coyote is nothing to jack with, unless they are afraid of being waxed and embarrassed in front of their friends.
Old 5/10/13, 10:38 PM
GT Member

Dinosaur- sorry to hear that... that sucks! I wonder if Ford corporate has any interest in hearing about bad experiences at their dealers?

Cobra2997- That's odd... I ordered same day as you- got a VIN a couple weeks back, and the car was built last week. This whole ordering thing seems hit-and-miss (while I look forward to getting mine, I have to admit I will probably never order from the factory again... just not as fun finding one on a lot).

Funny you should mention that. Because I have been having so much trouble with the dealer (Koons Ford, Falls Church, VA), I was on the phone all week with Ford Corp Customer Service...in short, my opinion...I do not think they care so much from the tone of it all. One can, and I will, file a complaint, but i don't think diddly-squat will happen. James E. Koons will be a letter from me, however. That's all I can do. I found another dealer and will start negotiating price tomorrow. Fingers crossed! Just gotta suck it up and move on. But man, I am i pissed!
Old 5/10/13, 10:42 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Cobra 2997
Ugh...that's awful !! I haven't been able to get much info from my dealer either, I ordered on April 11th and don't have a VIN yet. Also, I'm wondering if my dealer is going to pull the same stunt with me on the price that we negotiated.....
Tough call on what to do. I was willing to suck up the no support and no information...but that whole price change crap was just way too much. I canceled. I hope you "survive" your experience and get your car! Good luck.
Old 5/11/13, 06:51 AM

hey dinosoar that sucks, so how much more money did the dealer bump into the price of the car? i am in same boat you are i ordered my gt on 3/5 with a hand shake price and still no vin so the price can change for me as well
Old 5/11/13, 08:42 AM
GT Member

tater,

I had a signed order with the numbers all agreed to and signed on paper. There was a mistake on what price was written down for a Handling Pack (out of the Ford Racing catalog) however. They wanted $800 more dollars initially. However, they changed their tune after I cancelled, and told me they'd eat the $800, but they would no longer let me buy it from them...I had to go elsewhere. Then i could not roll that stuff into the car loan. I was pissed and confused. If you make a mistake, it's your mistake. If you say you'll eat the money...THEN EAT IT...don't tell me to walk. All very strange. The COMPLETE lack of response was actually the bigger problem. If they were good to me, i may have eaten $400...maybe. But, after all said and done...I was done! I just met with another dealer this morning. No deal yet, but so far so good. Good luck to you! I agree, you may have issues on a handshake only.
Old 5/11/13, 09:37 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Dinosoar
tater,

I had a signed order with the numbers all agreed to and signed on paper. There was a mistake on what price was written down for a Handling Pack (out of the Ford Racing catalog) however. They wanted $800 more dollars initially. However, they changed their tune after I cancelled, and told me they'd eat the $800, but they would no longer let me buy it from them...I had to go elsewhere. Then i could not roll that stuff into the car loan. I was pissed and confused. If you make a mistake, it's your mistake. If you say you'll eat the money...THEN EAT IT...don't tell me to walk. All very strange. The COMPLETE lack of response was actually the bigger problem. If they were good to me, i may have eaten $400...maybe. But, after all said and done...I was done! I just met with another dealer this morning. No deal yet, but so far so good. Good luck to you! I agree, you may have issues on a handshake only.
Instead of waiting 2-3 months for your new car to be built why not tell the dealer the options you want and see if there is any cars within 200 miles of your area that are like that and take a little roadtrip after you call that dealer and work out numbers and save yourself months of waiting?
Old 5/11/13, 09:52 AM

My eta is 5/15 to Wisc. I wasn't told the ETA changed, but if as of Friday it's waiting on a rail car not sure it will make it next week. Boo.

BTW If Deysha said it's waiting on a rail car, does that mean it's loaded and waiting to ship out? Or waiting on a rail car to be loaded in to?

Last edited by lvxlr8n; 5/11/13 at 09:56 AM.
Old 5/11/13, 10:42 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by lvxlr8n
My eta is 5/15 to Wisc. I wasn't told the ETA changed, but if as of Friday it's waiting on a rail car not sure it will make it next week. Boo.

BTW If Deysha said it's waiting on a rail car, does that mean it's loaded and waiting to ship out? Or waiting on a rail car to be loaded in to?
I take is as it's waiting FOR a rail car....
Old 5/11/13, 12:06 PM
Mach 1 Member

As someone who has managed fairly large manufacturing operations myself, I've come to the conclusion that Ford doesn't like special orders- or if they do, they don't have the logistics to handle them differently than normal production.

This isn't a critique of Ford. After all, they are primarily in the business of supplying their dealers with stock product. If they put all the pieces in place to really handle special orders efficiently, the natural result would be more special orders.

So the real question is "If the special order process were more efficient, would Ford sell more Mustangs?" My guess is no- they would just have a larger percentage of special orders (note that- even after a horrible experience with a dealer, Dinosaur is still ordering a Mustang... not a Camaro or 370Z). So, any special logistics they put in place to process orders would just add to the production cost per unit- and a large part of manufacturing is holding down production costs.

So, we have a thread like this- where antsy folks who have placed special orders can all commisserate and compare notes together!

Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend while dreaming of their ordered cars (I'm about to go take the '65 out to run errands and go to a show.)
Old 5/11/13, 12:40 PM
Bullitt Member

As someone who has managed fairly large manufacturing operations myself, I've come to the conclusion that Ford doesn't like special orders- or if they do, they don't have the logistics to handle them differently than normal production.

This isn't a critique of Ford. After all, they are primarily in the business of supplying their dealers with stock product. If they put all the pieces in place to really handle special orders efficiently, the natural result would be more special orders.

So the real question is "If the special order process were more efficient, would Ford sell more Mustangs?" My guess is no- they would just have a larger percentage of special orders (note that- even after a horrible experience with a dealer, Dinosaur is still ordering a Mustang... not a Camaro or 370Z). So, any special logistics they put in place to process orders would just add to the production cost per unit- and a large part of manufacturing is holding down production costs.

So, we have a thread like this- where antsy folks who have placed special orders can all commisserate and compare notes together!

Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend while dreaming of their ordered cars (I'm about to go take the '65 out to run errands and go to a show.)
I'm still baffled as to why some receive their special orders fairly soon and others have to wait for months. There should be some sort of standard or consistency that is adhered to, if at all possible. As you know, I ordered a standard bare bones GT with Track Pack as the only desired option. From order date to delivery (4/9/13 - 5/8/13), I waited only 30 days, and according to Deysha, the last 6 of those days my Pony was on a truck. The final 3 days of those 6, my Pony was in Missouri (somewhere). Just seems unfair to me that some folks ordered much earlier that I and still haven't seen their Ponies. I also wonder why orders from close states, like WI, are waiting on rail cars? Seems like closer deliveries should be made by convoy. Is rail a cheaper mode of transportation than convoy?
Old 5/11/13, 01:10 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Missouri Hoss
I'm still baffled as to why some receive their special orders fairly soon and others have to wait for months. There should be some sort of standard or consistency that is adhered to, if at all possible. As you know, I ordered a standard bare bones GT with Track Pack as the only desired option. From order date to delivery (4/9/13 - 5/8/13), I waited only 30 days, and according to Deysha, the last 6 of those days my Pony was on a truck. The final 3 days of those 6, my Pony was in Missouri (somewhere). Just seems unfair to me that some folks ordered much earlier that I and still haven't seen their Ponies. I also wonder why orders from close states, like WI, are waiting on rail cars? Seems like closer deliveries should be made by convoy. Is rail a cheaper mode of transportation than convoy?
My Guess would be just "luck of the draw". They just build what comes down the line. If you wanna be different you'll have to wait for it. As much as waiting sucks, it's just the price you gotta pay. :/

Quick Reply: 2014 Ordered/Built/Delivered Thread