2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}

2014 Ordered/Built/Delivered Thread

Search this Thread

Old 5/11/13, 02:10 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Neverl8
My Guess would be just "luck of the draw". They just build what comes down the line. If you wanna be different you'll have to wait for it. As much as waiting sucks, it's just the price you gotta pay. :/
My comment wasn't directed at the line workers at all. They indeed build what comes down the line. My concerns were directed toward the folks that schedule special builds. To me, there doesn't appear to be any logic in building and delivering a much more recent special order, while leaving previous special orders on the back burner, unless a part is temporarily unavailable to complete the order. Then, I can see a valid reason for the extended wait.
Old 5/11/13, 03:37 PM

Originally Posted by Missouri Hoss
I'm still baffled as to why some receive their special orders fairly soon and others have to wait for months. There should be some sort of standard or consistency that is adhered to, if at all possible. As you know, I ordered a standard bare bones GT with Track Pack as the only desired option. From order date to delivery (4/9/13 - 5/8/13), I waited only 30 days, and according to Deysha, the last 6 of those days my Pony was on a truck. The final 3 days of those 6, my Pony was in Missouri (somewhere). Just seems unfair to me that some folks ordered much earlier that I and still haven't seen their Ponies. I also wonder why orders from close states, like WI, are waiting on rail cars? Seems like closer deliveries should be made by convoy. Is rail a cheaper mode of transportation than convoy?
I would of thought mine would of shipped by convoy also. The only thing I'm bummed about is waiting. I have been watching most get their car before the eta they have been told, and mine looks like it will be delayed due to shipping. Oh and the best part is my car at Flat Rock is only 7hrs from my dealer.

Last edited by lvxlr8n; 5/11/13 at 03:43 PM.
Old 5/11/13, 04:02 PM

Hello Fellas, I ordered my 2014 Mustang GT on 4/24 and happened to stumble across this forum. I'm glad I'm not the only one that is as excited to get this beast. I'm still working on a name for her. Can't wait to have this car, as it'll be the second one I've ever owned.

Also, anyone with around the same order time as me able to share updates on whether they have vin# or any information involving the build? Thanks!
Old 5/11/13, 05:38 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by lvxlr8n
I would of thought mine would of shipped by convoy also. The only thing I'm bummed about is waiting. I have been watching most get their car before the eta they have been told, and mine looks like it will be delayed due to shipping. Oh and the best part is my car at Flat Rock is only 7hrs from my dealer.
Nothing is for certain these days. It's a shame you can't go get your Pony. I know you're very anxious to get her.
Old 5/11/13, 05:50 PM

hi ivxir8n, what options did you order with your gt 500? i ordered my gt 500 3/5 black with stripes pro audio and navegation with an order priority #10 from a dealer that has used 0 of their allotments, and still no build date and vin # it makes no sense to me, enjoy your new ride
Old 5/11/13, 06:32 PM

Originally Posted by tater
hi ivxir8n, what options did you order with your gt 500? i ordered my gt 500 3/5 black with stripes pro audio and navegation with an order priority #10 from a dealer that has used 0 of their allotments, and still no build date and vin # it makes no sense to me, enjoy your new ride
Just Racarro seats. Man that sucks you are still waiting for a build date. It took a month for mine to get scheduled. I would have your dealer call the Ford Rep finding out what qtr your dealer's allotment is scheduled for.
Old 5/11/13, 06:54 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Missouri Hoss
My comment wasn't directed at the line workers at all. They indeed build what comes down the line. My concerns were directed toward the folks that schedule special builds. To me, there doesn't appear to be any logic in building and delivering a much more recent special order, while leaving previous special orders on the back burner, unless a part is temporarily unavailable to complete the order. Then, I can see a valid reason for the extended wait.
I agree. I ordered mine on 3/11 and you ordered yours a whole month after me and already recieved yours...it's crazy I know eta's are subject to change and I don't even know why mine is waiting for a railcar when i'm only 300 miles from the plant. Deysha told me a eta of 5-9 but it was changed and my dealer says 5-13 and then Deysha throwed me a curve ball Friday with a private PM sounding like my car was lost or something lol...so It's hard to tell how ford sets up their schedule builds and why some put their orders in later than others and get them before the people who ordered before theu did...very confusing but hopefully my car shows up next week :-/
Old 5/11/13, 07:54 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Kevin0027

I agree. I ordered mine on 3/11 and you ordered yours a whole month after me and already recieved yours...it's crazy I know eta's are subject to change and I don't even know why mine is waiting for a railcar when i'm only 300 miles from the plant. Deysha told me a eta of 5-9 but it was changed and my dealer says 5-13 and then Deysha throwed me a curve ball Friday with a private PM sounding like my car was lost or something lol...so It's hard to tell how ford sets up their schedule builds and why some put their orders in later than others and get them before the people who ordered before theu did...very confusing but hopefully my car shows up next week :-/
hoping for a really exciting Monday for ya. Oh, an a crap load of pics from it too!
Old 5/11/13, 08:04 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by Braun13
Hello Fellas, I ordered my 2014 Mustang GT on 4/24 and happened to stumble across this forum. I'm glad I'm not the only one that is as excited to get this beast. I'm still working on a name for her. Can't wait to have this car, as it'll be the second one I've ever owned.

Also, anyone with around the same order time as me able to share updates on whether they have vin# or any information involving the build? Thanks!
Hey Ryan, welcome to the forum. I ordered my stang on 5/1 and I have my VIN already and hopeful my window sticker and build date should be sometime at the end of this upcoming week or early the next week. You should PM Deysha as she is the awesome individual who has helped us all stay excited and connected with our orders. Depending on your dealer they may or may not give you any useful info as you can read on here from others.
Old 5/11/13, 08:11 PM

Originally Posted by lvxlr8n
Just Racarro seats. Man that sucks you are still waiting for a build date. It took a month for mine to get scheduled. I would have your dealer call the Ford Rep finding out what qtr your dealer's allotment is scheduled for.
i did check with the dealer and they said 1st qtr and their rep says the same thing something doesnt smell right here and its not the smell of tire smoke
Old 5/11/13, 08:19 PM
GT Member

hoping for a really exciting Monday for ya. Oh, an a crap load of pics from it too!
Oh there will be a crap load of pics trust me. lol are you feeling ok you haven't messaged me 5 times today :-p haha
Old 5/11/13, 08:22 PM
GT Member

Oh there will be a crap load of pics trust me. lol are you feeling ok you haven't messaged me 5 times today :-p haha
Been out of town. Lol any new info today?
Old 5/11/13, 08:26 PM
GT Member

Been out of town. Lol any new info today?
Took the 2012 gtcs to get the oil changed. Then a little road trip. . Kinda rainy but sunny for most of it.
Old 5/11/13, 08:32 PM
GT Member

Took the 2012 gtcs to get the oil changed. Then a little road trip. . Kinda rainy but sunny for most of it.
lol you quoted yourself....but I see where did you go? It was a little rainy down here this morning but for most of the day it was just cloudy I only gave the Z a bath today :-/
Old 5/11/13, 08:40 PM
GT Member

lol you quoted yourself....but I see where did you go? It was a little rainy down here this morning but for most of the day it was just cloudy I only gave the Z a bath today :-/
Elkins, for a little mountain driving. Getting a little antsy waiting for the new one. 11 days and counting..
Old 5/11/13, 09:46 PM
GT Member

Elkins, for a little mountain driving. Getting a little antsy waiting for the new one. 11 days and counting..
Ahhh I've only been over to Elkins once, nice views did you go down 79 and across 119 I believe what it is over to Elkins?
Old 5/11/13, 10:12 PM

Yeah, My dealer is becoming most unhelpful. So I indeed have sent a PM to Deysha. Just waiting to hear back! I heard of the plant shutting down soon.. I just hope mine comes in before all that unfortunateness takes place.
Old 5/11/13, 10:29 PM
GT Member

Yeah, My dealer is becoming most unhelpful. So I indeed have sent a PM to Deysha. Just waiting to hear back! I heard of the plant shutting down soon.. I just hope mine comes in before all that unfortunateness takes place.
As long as it gets built you're OK. Shipping won't stop when the plant goes down.
Old 5/12/13, 07:30 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 111 Likes on 101 Posts
Plant is open until the end of June, still ~6 weeks away or so. Deysha's been excellent providing me feedback and updates.

I'm expecting my window sticker to be available late this week. Been 4 weeks since I ordered, getting excited!
Old 5/12/13, 08:07 AM
Bullitt Member

What Ever Happened to?

DELETE!! Sorry

Last edited by elkk; 5/12/13 at 08:15 AM.

Quick Reply: 2014 Ordered/Built/Delivered Thread