I got هَبوب‎ed

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
sounds silly.
Old 8/15/13, 09:52 AM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Has anyone seen this?

http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/2013/...ls-for-500000/

A Shelby GT500 for $500,000 At least the money goes for a good cause.

Last edited by MartinM; 8/15/13 at 10:05 AM.
Old 8/15/13, 10:04 AM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by Flynford
Spouse's Shelby arrives at the dealership today 5 days early.
That is one mean looking Shelby. Great color combo!
Old 8/15/13, 10:05 AM

Originally Posted by LCC
How would a dealership make any money and stay in business?
Not sure what you mean? Tons of dedicated car forums on the web have a sales guy from an actual dealership somewhere offering no haggle pricing, and arrange the delivery etc. The dealership gets the sale and makes a profit, not sure what is confusing about that.
Old 8/15/13, 10:07 AM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by MartinM
That's a great story. I love when something special like that is used for a good cause. Shows there's still some decent people in this world.
Old 8/15/13, 10:11 AM

Originally Posted by Mrsuitcase
This is probably a topic for another forum, but...

I just used services called "unhaggle" and "carcostcanada". You get to see the dealership's invoice price. Then a dealership or two will call you. At that point they offer you something reasonable a little higher than invoice.

If you want to grind it out between competing dealerships by doing the back and forth thing, you can probably get lower - but I just found my method to be simple and time-effective, where I'm getting a price where I save some money, and the dealership is still making a bit. Everyone's happy.

Best of luck.
thanks. does this only work for cars in their inventory?
Old 8/15/13, 10:21 AM

Hi!

I finally fulfilled a lifelong dream and custom ordered my Mustang!

I ordered a 2014 Coupe GT
California Special
Auto Trans
Comfort Package
Deep Impact Blue w/black accents.

I'm thrilled to be so lucky. As a school teacher, I am looking forward to seeing my high school kids drool over my car for a change

Can anyone help me track the build if I have a VOC with an order number and Dealer code?

Thanks in advance! I look forward to watching the cars come in for us all!

Scott
Old 8/15/13, 10:28 AM

Window Sticker error

An item was missing off of my Window Sticker, dealer says they called Tuesday and it's added on it. Will a new window sticker be generated?Since my build is Monday I am concerned because all I still see is the old sticker.
Old 8/15/13, 10:34 AM
LCC
V6 Member

Originally Posted by papashango49
Not sure what you mean? Tons of dedicated car forums on the web have a sales guy from an actual dealership somewhere offering no haggle pricing, and arrange the delivery etc. The dealership gets the sale and makes a profit, not sure what is confusing about that.
Oh I see, ya that sounds good. What I was referring was people trying to go around the dealership.. Not a fan of that. Your suggestion is a good one
Old 8/16/13, 09:23 AM
GT Member

Talking My first muscle car

Hey everyone, I finally got around to taking some pictures! Picked the car up last Friday, and I already have over 600 miles on it.

SGM looks amazing in the sun. Over all this is a smile machine. I grin every time I hit the throttle. The track pack makes the handling tout, and reduces body roll. The acceleration with 3.73 Torsen is phenomenal. I LOVE it! The Recaro seats provide fantastic support, and are surprisingly comfortable on long drives, even my wife loves them. What a great package!

Thank you to Deysha for all the help along the the way. And hang in there everyone waiting. Wait is excruciating, but it's well worth it.

2014 Ordered/Built/Delivered Thread-2013-08-09-19.14.03.jpg

2014 Ordered/Built/Delivered Thread-2013-08-09-19.26.12.jpg

Last edited by Marcin K.; 8/16/13 at 11:49 AM.
Old 8/16/13, 12:19 PM

Marcin so nice! i would get that exact car. Do you mind sharing what you paid?
Old 8/16/13, 01:19 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by papashango49
Marcin so nice! i would get that exact car. Do you mind sharing what you paid?
Thanks! after all the incentives and $750 customer cash, and some negotiations with my dealer, tax, title, etc. the car was a little over 32K OTD. It's a 300A.
Old 8/16/13, 02:25 PM

Originally Posted by Marcin K.
Thanks! after all the incentives and $750 customer cash, and some negotiations with my dealer, tax, title, etc. the car was a little over 32K OTD. It's a 300A.
amazing! what was msrp?
Old 8/16/13, 02:47 PM
V6 Member

Hey everyone, I finally got around to taking some pictures! Picked the car up last Friday, and I already have over 600 miles on it.

SGM looks amazing in the sun. Over all this is a smile machine. I grin every time I hit the throttle. The track pack makes the handling tout, and reduces body roll. The acceleration with 3.73 Torsen is phenomenal. I LOVE it! The Recaro seats provide fantastic support, and are surprisingly comfortable on long drives, even my wife loves them. What a great package!

Thank you to Deysha for all the help along the the way. And hang in there everyone waiting. Wait is excruciating, but it's well worth it.
That is one awesome ride man. Congrats have fun with it!
Old 8/16/13, 03:09 PM

Got my vin from my dealer today!
Ordered 7/9
Build date around 9/2

So stoked, my car has an identity now!
Old 8/16/13, 03:21 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by DrNebel
Got my vin from my dealer today!
Ordered 7/9
Build date around 9/2

So stoked, my car has an identity now!
High Five to you, Sir!
Old 8/16/13, 04:58 PM
GT Member

Picked up my little pony on Wednesday. Took her out for a spin. Already has 150 miles. Everytime I see her, it brings a smile on my face and have to pinch myself. I want to thank Deysha for all her help and making the delivery processes as smooth as possible!
Old 8/16/13, 10:37 PM

hi everyone, i order a mustane v6 premium + MCA package + Performance package...

what's unique with MCA package? and also the performance package what does it really do in real world driving? Thanks and also how can i get a hood that looks like your GT with holes? thanks guys
Old 8/16/13, 11:10 PM

Originally Posted by ScottMoore96
Hi!

I finally fulfilled a lifelong dream and custom ordered my Mustang!

I ordered a 2014 Coupe GT
California Special
Auto Trans
Comfort Package
Deep Impact Blue w/black accents.

I'm thrilled to be so lucky. As a school teacher, I am looking forward to seeing my high school kids drool over my car for a change

Can anyone help me track the build if I have a VOC with an order number and Dealer code?

Thanks in advance! I look forward to watching the cars come in for us all!

Scott
Congrats, Scott!

I special-ordered my Mustang a few months ago and it will arrive in a few days. I've felt a little silly that getting a Mustang means so much to me, so it's cool to see someone else "sharing the dream"!

The wait is tough -- it's like being a 7-year-old on Christmas Eve, and Christmas Eve lasts two freakin' months! -- but it is a dream come true!

I just sold my car a couple days ago to get ready for the birth of my second baby --- my first baby arrived 11 years ago and is a delightful boy named Sam, my second baby is a Deep Impact Blue V6 manual transmission with a glass roof, pony package, comfort package, electronics package, reverse sensing & security package, rear-view camera, all-weather floor mats, cargo area protector, and a colorful brochure on how to operate SYNC.

Dealer called me today and reports the car will be in as soon as Monday...I'm crossing my fingers for this weekend, but two months of "Christmas Eve" have developed my patience muscles despite the raging throes of extreme anticipation. Even if it comes Monday, it will be a couple days early, so no complaints here!

I think your students will be impressed, and people will be wheedling you for rides. My status with my son's 11- and 12-year old friends has gone way up since I ordered my Mustang.

To track your car, send a private message to forum member Deysha (look a few posts back for one from her). She is the rock star on this board that we all worship and want to buy presents for. She works for Ford and will give you the skinny on your car.

Have a great time with your ride, Scott! Congratulations on fulfilling a dream!
Old 8/16/13, 11:12 PM

Attachment 143821

Attachment 143822
Awesome, Marcin! Congrats! Car is a beauty.

Quick Reply: 2014 Ordered/Built/Delivered Thread