2014 Ordered/Built/Delivered Thread

Search this Thread

Old 5/13/13, 07:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Kevin0027 Nice looking car!
Old 5/14/13, 06:48 AM
GT Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I ordered my car 3 weeks ago today and anxious to get any updates. Does Deysha monitor orders and give updates as they come or do you have to ask her to check your order every week?
Old 5/14/13, 06:56 AM

Originally Posted by maverick1125
I ordered my car 3 weeks ago today and anxious to get any updates. Does Deysha monitor orders and give updates as they come or do you have to ask her to check your order every week?
Send her a weekly pm to check on your order.
Old 5/14/13, 07:23 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by lvxlr8n
Send her a weekly pm to check on your order.
Thanks
Old 5/14/13, 09:59 AM

Originally Posted by Ajcruz1

Look back through 4-5 pages in this thread and you should see a post by Ford Customer Service just click on that name on there post and it should take you to there profile and from there you should be able to post a pm. I think she just needs your dealer name and order number but I sent all the info off of my order sheet I thought she might need. Dealer name, order number, priority, day you ordered, what you order, etc.
Ok thank you
Old 5/14/13, 11:09 AM

Originally Posted by Kevin0027
Well it finally arrived today Ordered 3-11...built 4-29...delivered 5-13...The 07 350z is my old car, now time to let the fun begin with the Mustang!
Congrats, glad it finally showed up for you! Got a call out of the blue last Wednesday that mine was here, picked it up the same night. Now I can't stop smiling and I am sure you are the same way!
Old 5/14/13, 01:48 PM

Question for those of you working with Deysha. How frequently are you sending your order number etc. when you are waiting for an update? Weekly? And is there a specific day of the week where an update is available from Ford or can the status change day to day? I just don't want to pester her!
Old 5/14/13, 02:54 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by klmustang2011
Question for those of you working with Deysha. How frequently are you sending your order number etc. when you are waiting for an update? Weekly? And is there a specific day of the week where an update is available from Ford or can the status change day to day? I just don't want to pester her!
See last few post on here. Some people just hit her up weekly. I wait a couple weeks and if I haven't heard from my dealer or they have no news when I call them then I hit up Deysha. Everyone is anixious to get there Stang but if you just ordered in the last few weeks give her some time to get back to you. I'm sure she will update everyone soon.
Old 5/14/13, 03:59 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Fortunately (for me- unfortunate for them), my dealer is on my way home. So, about once every 10 days I've been popping in to get an update (although Deysha's info is usually a bit more precise).

My car's been built for almost 2 weeks now and last I heard it is still at the factory in Flat Rock- so I'll stop by the dealer tonight and see if they've managed to put her on a rail car yet. (Supposedly, the delivery to the dealer will be this Saturday- we'll see...).
Old 5/14/13, 04:24 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by klmustang2011
We give her job security
Old 5/14/13, 04:49 PM

Originally Posted by Varilux
Fortunately (for me- unfortunate for them), my dealer is on my way home. So, about once every 10 days I've been popping in to get an update (although Deysha's info is usually a bit more precise).

My car's been built for almost 2 weeks now and last I heard it is still at the factory in Flat Rock- so I'll stop by the dealer tonight and see if they've managed to put her on a rail car yet. (Supposedly, the delivery to the dealer will be this Saturday- we'll see...).
I'd be interested in what you find out! My car has been done and outside since May 2nd. All anyone can tell me is, it's in transit with an ETA of 5/15. Well that is tomorrow. Would really love to get it when it shows up. Or if it shows up.
Old 5/14/13, 06:40 PM
Mach 1 Member

I show up at the dealer, and my sales guy spots me coming into the showroom. "What's up?" he says. At this point, I really wanted to say "Oh, I just thought I'd stop by and talk about the Rangers game last night- why do you think I'm here?" (I didn't though. )

Anyway, after establishing that I was indeed there to check on the progress of my order, he says "Um, the guy that knows how to look up the cars is gone for the day- I'll see if anyone else can do it."

Now there were perhaps 6 sales guys there, as well as a couple receptionists, but apparently not one person trained to look up the status of an order (must be a really complicated procedure ).

So, the last I know (from Deysha) the car is supposed to arrive at the dealership this Saturday (it would have had to have shipped out yesterday to have a chance of that). He offered to call me in the morning when the guy comes back in (I bet I hear something from Deysha first).

Its laughable at this point- and I know the car will arrive sooner or later (I have a good friend waiting for a kidney transplant with more patience than I've shown- so a bit of perspective is helpful).

Still, if Amazon (and virtually every other company I order stuff from) can give me on-line updates of my order status 24/7 on relatively minor purchases, it does sort of boggle the mind as to why Ford can't do the same on a relatively major purchase.

As Moses said to Pharaoh- "Set my Mustang free!" (after all, I don't think Flat Rock would appreciate a ravenous plague of locusts).
Old 5/14/13, 06:47 PM

Varilux, I was thinking the same thing. When I called Ford Cust Service, u know they know where exactly my car is. Well we will see if my car shows tomorrow.

Off topic, Go Rangers! My second cousin is relief pitcher Robbie Ross. I finally got to meet him last Tuesday when he was in Milwaukee.
Old 5/14/13, 07:42 PM
Mach 1 Member

Off topic, Go Rangers! My second cousin is relief pitcher Robbie Ross. I finally got to meet him last Tuesday when he was in Milwaukee.

(Still off topic)
Go Rangers! When I was a kid, I used to go to Legion games with my grandfather- and we'd watch the Phillies while falling asleep (I was a big Charlie Hustle fan). However, after the two strikes/play stoppages, I really lost my passion for baseball- until I moved to Dallas and became fascinated with the Rangers!

I watch virtually every game (most on TV, but I make it to Arlington a few times a year... was there when they advanced to the WS against the Yankees and was at WS game 5 against the Cardinals... if only Cruz hadn't pulled up short in game 6... ugh). A bad day is when the Rangers are off (or have an afternoon game)! Our bullpen- including Ross- has been awesome so far this year... Need to start a new win streak tonight!

(Back on topic)
Yeah- Deysha is a fantastic resource here, but if the dealerships (or Ford corporate) really had their acts together, we wouldn't need to all be on pins and needles waiting for her to send us word on our factory orders. At this point, I'd have to give Ford an "F" for the whole factory order process (but, as I've suggested earlier- I think its deliberate... if they really wanted to encourage special orders, there's no way the process would be so convoluted).
Old 5/14/13, 07:48 PM
Cobra Member

Yep! Still Just wish Ford would get there **** together. Its definitely not fair that some have to wait months for there orders whether they be simple or not and some get there's in 30 days. I kinda understand the GT500 folks having to wait since there's goes through a different more specialized process than the rest of us but they really need to make the special order process better.

Last edited by Ajcruz1; 5/14/13 at 07:51 PM.
Old 5/14/13, 08:39 PM
GT Member

Every car I've ordered has been a long process. Next to no info then Hey your cars here. Idk why it's not easier then it is.
Old 5/14/13, 10:18 PM
GT Member

Deysha has made this one a lot easier though.
Old 5/15/13, 05:08 AM

I agree Deysha has been great.

Well today is the 15th, I hope to get a phone call from my dealer today! It's going to be a long day if I don't.
Old 5/15/13, 05:15 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Varilux
I show up at the dealer, and my sales guy spots me coming into the showroom. "What's up?" he says.

Anyway, after establishing that I was indeed there to check on the progress of my order, he says "Um, the guy that knows how to look up the cars is gone for the day- I'll see if anyone else can do it."

Now there were perhaps 6 sales guys there, as well as a couple receptionists, but apparently not one person trained to look up the status of an order (must be a really complicated procedure ).

Its laughable at this point- and I know the car will arrive sooner or later.
This is what is frustrating to me as well. My salesman always has to wait until his Manager is available to get any updates on my order. Not that I've really gotten any info whatsoever. Sometimes I think the Sales Managers don't want their staff to have access to the Vehicle Visibility Report...like it should be some big secret just for them. I went through the exact same thing when I ordered my Boss 302 two years ago.....even though it was a different dealer.
Old 5/15/13, 06:50 AM
GT Member

When I first started emailing my dealership, every question I had, the salesman would say he would have to ask the manager. So I got the managers email address and just worked my deal with him. All my questions were answered fast. He made the calls himself if he didn't know the answer. He said I wouldn't need to put down a deposit on my order even though the salesman who didn't even ask him said I needed to put down $500.

I always try to deal with the person who is authorized to give you a yes instead of the person who is only authorized to give you a no.

Quick Reply: 2014 Ordered/Built/Delivered Thread