2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

2014 Ordered/Built/Delivered Thread

Search this Thread

Old 6/26/13, 05:36 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Woohoo !! I received a PM late this afternoon from Deysha that my car should've been delivered today !!

The dealer closes at 8PM, I think I'll drive by to see if they actually have it and maybe snap a few pics.....
Old 6/26/13, 05:48 PM

Originally Posted by FordCustomerService

Hello teleplayer! Please PM me with your dealer’s name and order number so I can look into it.

Deysha
Hello Deysha,

Actually I did send you that info a couple of weeks ago, you were able to tell me that the order was being processed. Since then I have a VIN but still no explanation of why it is taking so long.
My dealer attempted to tell me it was because of the shutdown, but the shutdown is only 2 weeks longer than normal, so that doesn't really explain it.
Old 6/26/13, 06:42 PM

I've had quite the process as well. I ordered May 8th, 2013. Can't determine VIN date as the dealer gave me the wrong VIN number and I had to contact Deysha to get a correct number(<3 to her). Build date was 06/24. Now it's done being built and she has informed me that the ETA is 07/26, which has me baffled. I can't see how it will take almost 5 weeks from build date to arrival date. I had a priority 10 order as well, so it's not like things could have gone much faster than they are. If the car gets here on the ETA I will have waited 12 weeks. My dealer told me 6-8 weeks, 8 being the high estimate in case something strange happened...
Old 6/26/13, 08:10 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by teleplayer
Hello Deysha,

Actually I did send you that info a couple of weeks ago, you were able to tell me that the order was being processed. Since then I have a VIN but still no explanation of why it is taking so long.
My dealer attempted to tell me it was because of the shutdown, but the shutdown is only 2 weeks longer than normal, so that doesn't really explain it.
You need to PM her everytime you want her to look into your order. She has a lot of people to track so help her and send a pm whenever your looking for an update. Hope it all works out for ya.
Old 6/26/13, 08:14 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Shelby Mama

FINALLY!! Your wait is over!! So excited for you Saparish! WE WANT PICS!!

-Just hope your deliver went better than mine! lol
Holy cow Shelby Mama, these Shelby's really do want to kill you. Picked it up tonight and all went well. Had 18 miles on it but not 5 consecutive. Probably good the SC wasn't kicking at the beginning b/c I haven't driven a stick in 7 years. Knocked down the 5 miles going through town and when I hit the ramp to the Interstate I had a whole new car. Got up the ramp, looked down and was running almost 100. This car wants to effortlessly cruise at triple digits. I had to make myself stay behind cars to keep myself from getting in trouble by the guys in blue on my first drive. This is one BAD *** car!!!! Thank you SVT for building such a great machine.
Old 6/26/13, 08:17 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by ImminentRueage
I've had quite the process as well. I ordered May 8th, 2013. Can't determine VIN date as the dealer gave me the wrong VIN number and I had to contact Deysha to get a correct number(<3 to her). Build date was 06/24. Now it's done being built and she has informed me that the ETA is 07/26, which has me baffled. I can't see how it will take almost 5 weeks from build date to arrival date. I had a priority 10 order as well, so it's not like things could have gone much faster than they are. If the car gets here on the ETA I will have waited 12 weeks. My dealer told me 6-8 weeks, 8 being the high estimate in case something strange happened...
Deysha has layed out the process of how our orders get scheduled and built and that seems to make sense but the shipping process is an enigma to us all. I'm also waiting 6 weeks now since my Stang was built and it looks like it should be here by the end of the week/early next week. So hang in there and hopefully you get your Stang sooner rather than later.
Old 6/26/13, 08:21 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by saparish
Holy cow Shelby Mama, these Shelby's really do want to kill you. Picked it up tonight and all went well. Had 18 miles on it but not 5 consecutive. Probably good the SC wasn't kicking at the beginning b/c I haven't driven a stick in 7 years. Knocked down the 5 miles going through town and when I hit the ramp to the Interstate I had a whole new car. Got up the ramp, looked down and was running almost 100. This car wants to effortlessly cruise at triple digits. I had to make myself stay behind cars to keep myself from getting in trouble by the guys in blue on my first drive. This is one BAD *** car!!!! Thank you SVT for building such a great machine.
Just what I like to hear!! Congrats on your dream car!

So glad the wait was worth it after all. I'm still impaciantly waiting on my GT, but I've had the opportunity to wok on on some supercars in the the past (Z06, Gallardo Superlagerra, and most recently the next Gen Z28). I know what ridiculous power feels like, and I can only smile from behind the screen when I read your post. Congrats on owning your very own supercar!
Old 6/26/13, 09:56 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Saparish,

Like my husband says "It wants to cruse effortlessly at 100." lol May have to start a thread "What is the best radar/laser detectors?" lol

So glad you FINALLY got your Shelby! What a long wait!

Welcome to the "Shelby Club!" CONGRATS!!
Old 6/26/13, 10:14 PM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
Originally Posted by Shelby Mama

Saparish,

Like my husband says "It wants to cruse effortlessly at 100." lol May have to start a thread "What is the best radar/laser detectors?" lol

So glad you FINALLY got your Shelby! What a long wait!

Welcome to the "Shelby Club!" CONGRATS!!
It drives better at 100 than it does at 60 that's for **** sure. It begs to stretch its legs.
Old 6/27/13, 06:45 AM

Howdy everyone. Just ordered my dream car last week Friday (6/21/13) and decided I should quit lurking and join the community. Extremely excited and I haven't received by VIN number yet. I don't know the process that well but I have seen that Deysha can help us track our orders. What all do I need to send Deysha in order to get some what of a timeline on when I can expect to see it?

Thanks,
GTSPE4
Old 6/27/13, 07:12 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by GTSPE4
Howdy everyone. Just ordered my dream car last week Friday (6/21/13) and decided I should quit lurking and join the community. Extremely excited and I haven't received by VIN number yet. I don't know the process that well but I have seen that Deysha can help us track our orders. What all do I need to send Deysha in order to get some what of a timeline on when I can expect to see it?

Thanks,
GTSPE4
Info from your order sheet. Dealer name, order #, what you ordered, etc.
Old 6/27/13, 07:35 AM
GT Member

Thanks,
GTSPE4
I ordered almost the exact same car on he same day!
Old 6/27/13, 07:48 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by JDMontana
Mine was ordered 5/14/13 and it seems everyone who ordered before me has them and most everyone after as well. All of the orders don't come from High volume dealers with lots of allocations and priority. Still no VIN, build date or anything.
It should schedule next week, JDMontana.

Originally Posted by conceptmachine
I ordered mine a while before a lot of fellows that have been driving theirs for weeks... Mine has been off the train for two weeks...250 miles away. Don't know where it is now, was in Minneapolis when it got off the train.
PM me with your VIN, concepmachine. Let me check on it.

Originally Posted by Flynford
Today we received the window sticker containing a 7/30/13 blend date for my spouse's GT 500 present. ETA = 8/23/13

Many thanks to Deysha for the great flow of info and PR job on behalf of Ford.
You’re very welcome, Flynford!

Originally Posted by Cobra 2997
Woohoo !! I received a PM late this afternoon from Deysha that my car should've been delivered today !!

The dealer closes at 8PM, I think I'll drive by to see if they actually have it and maybe snap a few pics.....
I’ll wait on the pictures, Cobra 2997.

Originally Posted by teleplayer
Hello Deysha,
Great! Just PM me for updates, teleplayer.

Originally Posted by ImminentRueage
I've had quite the process as well. I ordered May 8th, 2013. Can't determine VIN date as the dealer gave me the wrong VIN number and I had to contact Deysha to get a correct number(<3 to her). Build date was 06/24. Now it's done being built and she has informed me that the ETA is 07/26, which has me baffled. I can't see how it will take almost 5 weeks from build date to arrival date.
Well hello, ImminentRueage! Welcome to TMS!

Originally Posted by Ajcruz1
You need to PM her everytime you want her to look into your order. She has a lot of people to track so help her and send a pm whenever your looking for an update. Hope it all works out for ya.
Deysha has layed out the process of how our orders get scheduled and built and that seems to make sense but the shipping process is an enigma to us all. I'm also waiting 6 weeks now since my Stang was built and it looks like it should be here by the end of the week/early next week. So hang in there and hopefully you get your Stang sooner rather than later.
Thanks, Ajcruz1! Yours is getting closer.

Thanks
Info from your order sheet. Dealer name, order #, what you ordered, etc.
Congrats and welcome, GTSPE4! As the awesome Ajcruz1 mentioned, be sure to include your dealer’s name and order number in your PM so I can help.

Deysha
Old 6/27/13, 09:40 AM
LCC
V6 Member

Hi Deysha,

How long do we wait for from the time the order is placed until you can see it in your system? One - two weeks?
I don't want to bother you before there is any data to look up. My wife is killing me with kindness to ask you. It's only been two days ..
Old 6/27/13, 10:06 AM

AWESOME...my ETA is Monday and I can't wait...
Old 6/27/13, 11:41 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Spark
Let me know how the dealer conversation goes. I'm pretty serious about canceling my order, if I don't get it by end of August.
Hey Spark, quick update on this. After some back and forth I worked out a plan with my dealer. They will take a $1000 off the price of my car to make up for the ridiculous delay.
Old 6/27/13, 12:02 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Marcin K.

Hey Spark, quick update on this. After some back and forth I worked out a plan with my dealer. They will take a $1000 off the price of my car to make up for the ridiculous delay.
That's good news! What did you say to them? and how did they respond at first? Remind me again of your time line. When did you order, get VIN, etc? Hopefully, I will hear some good news soon from Deysha.
Old 6/27/13, 02:21 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Spark
That's good news! What did you say to them? and how did they respond at first? Remind me again of your time line. When did you order, get VIN, etc? Hopefully, I will hear some good news soon from Deysha.
Order 4/26. VIN 6/13, Sticker 6/22, Build date 7/29 (first day after shut down, I hope they have their coffee), ETA 8/14

It took some convincing, but in general I asked to to work with me given that the original 6-8 weeks has turned into 16 weeks. This means I get my summer car a little before Labor Day, and then a month later I have to put it in storage for the winter. It took some arguments back and forth, but they went the extra mile to try to keep me happy, so I appreciate that and they won me over as a customer.

Last edited by Marcin K.; 6/28/13 at 07:55 AM.
Old 6/27/13, 04:11 PM

I am fortunate, as My order has proceeded fairly quickly, but my dealer advised a few days ago that the production date will not be until the first week of August. I'm just hoping the modifications to the Flat Rock plant do not introduce any delays as any new processes come on line. Time will tell.
Old 6/27/13, 04:26 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Cobra2997,

Wow, this has been a long time coming (as I recall, your original order date was the same as mine).

I've had mine a little over a month now, and am enjoying it more every day! Just had stripes installed yesterday, and now I'm totally in love with the color (Sterling Gray) as well.

Enjoy!

Quick Reply: 2014 Ordered/Built/Delivered Thread