Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

2014 Ordered/Built/Delivered Thread

Search this Thread

Old 7/10/13, 10:30 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Stang14
Hi Whiplash78,

I am in the same boat when I stopped by my dealership last night and looked at the vehicle tracking report.
What is this mythical vehicle tracking report? Is this something the dealers have?

I know there are MANY people frustrated with their orders being stuck in various stages of completion. Mine's completed, it was supposed to be delivered yesterday and it's a 30 mile drive from the factory to my dealership. Surely the logistics can't be THAT daunting.

Last edited by Whiplash78; 7/10/13 at 10:32 AM.
Old 7/10/13, 11:44 AM

Originally Posted by Whiplash78
What is this mythical vehicle tracking report? Is this something the dealers have?

I know there are MANY people frustrated with their orders being stuck in various stages of completion. Mine's completed, it was supposed to be delivered yesterday and it's a 30 mile drive from the factory to my dealership. Surely the logistics can't be THAT daunting.
Hi Whiplash78,

Yes the dealers have this online application they use your name or VIN number that shows status since the Mustang was released by the factory and assoicated shipment dates (these can change) and carriers responsible for shipment. It would seem you should be able go back in time to when the VIN was assigned and also track from this point using the same application.
Old 7/10/13, 11:49 AM

Window stickers for some early August builds are starting to become available. Calendar day wise, seems early, but only a few production days away. Quite few Shelby's with an 8/2 blend date.
Old 7/10/13, 11:56 AM
V6 Member

Where exactly do you request a $750 coupon?
Old 7/10/13, 07:43 PM

Originally Posted by MartinM
At the bottom of the Ford.com homepage there is a menu. Shopping tools, research, brochures and guides. You can request up to 3 by mail. I got one each for three ford models, each came with a coupon for 750.
Old 7/10/13, 08:47 PM

So my friend ordered a new 335i x-drive with the M package the day after i ordered my car and his got here the end of last week. I find it kind of funny that his car made it here from another country and through customs faster than my car is going to get here from Michigan.

We we're joking about that today...but! I'm holding out strong, it should be here soon!
Old 7/10/13, 09:06 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by ImminentRueage
So my friend ordered a new 335i x-drive with the M package the day after i ordered my car and his got here the end of last week. I find it kind of funny that his car made it here from another country and through customs faster than my car is going to get here from Michigan.

We we're joking about that today...but! I'm holding out strong, it should be here soon!
It is kinda crazy but the European car makers are more efficient, set up and use to special orders than our domestic brands. I wish ford would take some pointers from those makers.

Last edited by Ajcruz1; 7/10/13 at 09:07 PM.
Old 7/10/13, 09:27 PM
Cobra Member

Ok guys & gals I'm finally able to post a few pics. Unfortunately they are phone pics but its the best I can do right now. You will be able to check out more pics in the DIB section soon. I picked her up on Friday and spent Sat. and Part of Sunday detailing and installing a few mods (4500K headlight bulbs, 4500K HID fog light kit, third break light pulsar from A.M., LED reading light bulbs and Magnaflow street cat-back exhaust). I also plan on installing a airaid cai but I'm gonna wait until the car is broke in (1k miles according to the manual). So far I'm completely in love with the car. Even though I previously had a '12 V6 MCA this car is far better in styling and the glass roof is just amazing. I recommend anyone with the money for the option to get it. Its pricey at 2k but well worth it IMO! The V6 is just a great DD with the best of both worlds, good enough power and fuel economy is good. I am looking into a GHIG Boss for the track tho.

Edit: Sorry I had four pics but it only let me upload 2. The other two kept saying failed.
Attached Thumbnails 2014 Ordered/Built/Delivered Thread-20130710_180757.jpg   2014 Ordered/Built/Delivered Thread-20130710_185218.jpg  

Last edited by Ajcruz1; 7/10/13 at 09:30 PM.
Old 7/11/13, 03:49 AM
GT Member

Beautiful car, Ajcruz1! Nice exhaust tips.

I very nearly ordered the blue myself, and keep going back and forth about whether I am going to like my sterling gray better when it arrives.
Old 7/11/13, 06:13 AM
LCC
V6 Member

I would look at the circumstances. Was his car already built, just shipped? They didn't have their annual shutdown. I know it sucks waiting...
Old 7/11/13, 07:17 AM

Originally Posted by LCC
I would look at the circumstances. Was his car already built, just shipped? They didn't have their annual shutdown. I know it sucks waiting...
No, his car as built to order....and it came from Germany because there is a way you can order where you go down to Germany and tour the plant and see your car while it's built and what not(i don't know the details) but he didn't have the time to do it.

Originally Posted by Ajcruz1
It is kinda crazy but the European car makers are more efficient, set up and use to special orders than our domestic brands. I wish ford would take some pointers from those makers.
You are right Aj, they seem to be much more efficient.
Old 7/11/13, 08:06 AM
LCC
V6 Member

How about this novel idea. How about Ford puts in Web cameras on the assembly line so we can see the cars being built. Put in a 15 min delay for security reasons. I think this would be an awesome idea. You could be lucky and see your car on that line..
Old 7/11/13, 08:08 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by Stang14
Hi Whiplash78,
I am in the same boat when I stopped by my dealership last night and looked at the vehicle tracking report. It is was ready to ship on 6/26 (confirmed by Deysha also) and all shipping dates were TBD.
Originally Posted by Whiplash78
I know there are MANY people frustrated with their orders being stuck in various stages of completion.
They’ll ship out soon, guys.

Welcome to the forum, MartinM! These incentives are randomly sent out and not guaranteed to be in every brochure.

You should stay in contact with your dealer today, ImminentRueaga!

Originally Posted by Ajcruz1
Ok guys & gals I'm finally able to post a few pics. Unfortunately they are phone pics but its the best I can do right now.
What a beauty, Ajcruz1!!!

Deysha
Old 7/11/13, 11:20 AM

That's an awesome idea, even more so with companies' big push into social media. I was kinda hoping this already existed when I placed my order

Originally Posted by LCC
How about this novel idea. How about Ford puts in Web cameras on the assembly line so we can see the cars being built. Put in a 15 min delay for security reasons. I think this would be an awesome idea. You could be lucky and see your car on that line..
Old 7/11/13, 12:14 PM
V6 Member

I read an article that Ford is halving this summer's vacation schedule at 20 North American assembly plants to keep up with increasing demand.

Does anyone know if this affects the particular plant that assembles the Mustangs?
Old 7/11/13, 01:21 PM
GT Member

The Flat Rock plant is retooling to produce the '14 Fusion as well as the Mustang so it is not the normal summer break there.

There are articles earlier in this thread with the details.
Old 7/11/13, 01:56 PM
V6 Member

Amazing.

The articles I read about the plant's schedule were completely contrary to the one cited earlier in this thread.

So, if I understand this correctly, the Flat Rock plant where the Mustangs are assembled will be shutting down for a whole month to re-tool. Other articles indicated that the plant would only be shutting down for one week (I wish that I could recall those particular articles).

This would (partially) explain the longer than estimated delivery time that my local Ford dealership gave me...
Old 7/11/13, 02:31 PM
GT Member

Amazing.

The articles I read about the plant's schedule were completely contrary to the one cited earlier in this thread.

So, if I understand this correctly, the Flat Rock plant where the Mustangs are assembled will be shutting down for a whole month to re-tool. Other articles indicated that the plant would only be shutting down for one week (I wish that I could recall those particular articles).

This would (partially) explain the longer than estimated delivery time that my local Ford dealership gave me...
You understand correctly. The plant is shut down till 7/28. It re-opens on 7/29. At this very moment my car is somewhere on the assembly line with a scheduled finish date of 7/29.

I ordered my car on 4/26, so I feel your pain.
Old 7/11/13, 04:14 PM

She made it! Going to get her after work tomorrow!
Old 7/11/13, 04:19 PM

Teaser from my dealer...
Name:  IMAG0264.jpg
Views: 45
Size:  64.4 KB

Quick Reply: 2014 Ordered/Built/Delivered Thread