Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

2014 Ordered/Built/Delivered Thread

Search this Thread

Old 4/30/14, 08:44 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by lakeguy77
I'd chill a little bit. Just be patient. They could be waiting to fill a truck/rail car going to the same location, and haven't got enough cars to fill it yet. This isn't a valet, it's a giant plant cranking out 700 cars per day. Yours could get bumped if one with a higher priority comes off the line. There are a ton of factors involved in moving out that many cars. Your car will get to you, you have an order and a number and a spot in line. But like any line, there are occasionally cutters. Like VidPro said, you're still ahead of many others in this thread. There are people who ordered well after I did that just got the same build date as I did. I'm not griping, it is what it is. Have a beer and watch some playoffs (hockey, basketball, whatever your flavor).
I still haven't been able to get mine and it came in lat Tuesday. .... getting back in town tom. You'll have the whole summer to enjoy it don't worry
Old 4/30/14, 08:46 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Slizzime
I still haven't been able to get mine and it came in lat Tuesday. .... getting back in town tom. You'll have the whole summer to enjoy it don't worry
Kay, patience when it's still at the factory or on a train/truck is one thing. Your car is SITTING AT THE DEALER. How are you sane bro?

Seriously though, when you get it, pics!
Old 4/30/14, 09:36 PM

Originally Posted by disneyfun1
Mine made it from Clovis, NM to Winslow, AZ today. Just has to get to Phoenix now, should be any day now!
How do you know the in transit locations?
Old 4/30/14, 09:46 PM

I'd chill a little bit. Just be patient. They could be waiting to fill a truck/rail car going to the same location, and haven't got enough cars to fill it yet. This isn't a valet, it's a giant plant cranking out 700 cars per day. Yours could get bumped if one with a higher priority comes off the line. There are a ton of factors involved in moving out that many cars. Your car will get to you, you have an order and a number and a spot in line. But like any line, there are occasionally cutters. Like VidPro said, you're still ahead of many others in this thread.
Thanks I am trying. I think one of the things that makes me nuts is the tracking site. I'd rather have known nothing than to be given a date, then right before that date push it out a week, then when that date comes disable the tracker for my car completely. And then the tracker and Deysha and my dealer are telling me 3 different things. Ford really needs to get the right info out to everyone. It's like someone is messing with my head on purpose! And I could have had a car with same options right of the lot but different (still nice) colors. Ok I am done now. Carry on, good fellows. Time to refill the tumbler.
Old 5/1/14, 04:15 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by lancemb
How do you know the in transit locations?
I called the dealer and they looked it up where it was at. They said i can call each day if i wanted to.
Old 5/1/14, 05:25 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by lancemb
Thanks I am trying. I think one of the things that makes me nuts is the tracking site. I'd rather have known nothing than to be given a date, then right before that date push it out a week, then when that date comes disable the tracker for my car completely. And then the tracker and Deysha and my dealer are telling me 3 different things. Ford really needs to get the right info out to everyone. It's like someone is messing with my head on purpose! And I could have had a car with same options right of the lot but different (still nice) colors. Ok I am done now. Carry on, good fellows. Time to refill the tumbler.
There's an awful lot of asterisks and footnotes on that tracking site. And it's really more of a guideline than anything, a central DIY solution for your car, which is subject to change. It's been proven page after page in this thread that Deysha's the most accurate info. Dealers will often try to get you hyped up with an earlier date, or give themselves some cushion.

I've been more or less leaving my dealer alone. I know the car hasn't been built yet, there's not much that they can do about it, and for the deal they gave me on the car I wouldn't expect anything. I'll probably bug Deysha a little more once mine is in transit but really, the process takes time, there are going to be delays and difficulties, not much anybody else can do about it. I choose to grab a beer and watch some surprisingly good and competitive NBA playoffs.
Old 5/1/14, 05:27 AM
Bullitt Member

Kay, patience when it's still at the factory or on a train/truck is one thing. Your car is SITTING AT THE DEALER. How are you sane bro?

Seriously though, when you get it, pics!
I ordered mine 2/19, so i know the long wait lol. I had to go out of town for work, I had no choice

As for the pictures I was able to grab a few before I left but I keep getting an error when I tried to post them.
Old 5/1/14, 05:31 AM
Mach 1 Member

I ordered mine 2/19, so i know the long wait lol. I had to go out of town for work, I had no choice

As for the pictures I was able to grab a few before I left but I keep getting an error when I tried to post them.
Might just need to be resized, might be too large to post.

Aaaand my ETA was just pushed back almost a week, to May 30.
Old 5/1/14, 06:44 AM
Bullitt Member

There's an awful lot of asterisks and footnotes on that tracking site. And it's really more of a guideline than anything, a central DIY solution for your car, which is subject to change. It's been proven page after page in this thread that Deysha's the most accurate info. Dealers will often try to get you hyped up with an earlier date, or give themselves some cushion.

I've been more or less leaving my dealer alone. I know the car hasn't been built yet, there's not much that they can do about it, and for the deal they gave me on the car I wouldn't expect anything. I'll probably bug Deysha a little more once mine is in transit but really, the process takes time, there are going to be delays and difficulties, not much anybody else can do about it. I choose to grab a beer and watch some surprisingly good and competitive NBA playoffs.
well said
Old 5/1/14, 06:46 AM
Bullitt Member

**** sorry to hear that

I'll try resizing the pictures as well thanks
Old 5/1/14, 07:17 AM

I work for a tier 1 supplier to Ford, and was recently put in contact with someone over at Flat Rock who is sort of keeping an eye on my car for me. I learned last night, that although my car was built and has finished the audits, etc, it needed to be sent "across the street" to have the glass roof installed. At the same time, the tracking site showed my car as "awaiting shipment". From what I understand, my car was sent "across the street" this morning - the tracking site now shows my car as "In Transit".

The tracking site is definitely just a guideline.
Old 5/1/14, 07:50 AM

I understand now that the tracking site is nothing more than a VERY LOOSE guideline, but I still think it does more harm than good with that being the case. Maybe it will get better over time. I also maintain that for the $825 delivery charge I should not have to wait 3 weeks to ship 275 miles. I could have had it shipped myself for less and had it in 2 days. That is simply the truth, no matter how you slice it. Furthermore, I think Ford is missing an opportunity here. For folks like us who are this passionate about their products, they should do more to expedite the shipping and/or let us have the option of picking the cars up at the factory like many manufacturers already do. This is doable and reasonable.

Sorry guys for raining on the parade. I'll take this up with Ford going forward, but I am staunchly confident in my views in these regards and I guarantee if I was running a program in charge of custom order delivery I could vastly improve customer satisfaction with no additional cost.

I applaud your patience, but as for me it is not my nature to see so much opportunity for improvement and simply accept it. I guess it's due to my work background.

Anyway, good luck to all. I know I will still love my car when I get it, and I will post pictures on a more positive note when I do. Cheers!
Old 5/1/14, 07:55 AM

[QUOTE=Slizzime;6797492]**** sorry to hear that

I was actually very surprised by your ETA being so soon lakeguy77. My blend date is the same as yours but my ETA is 6/19. We all know these dates are subject to change but there WAS nearly a month’s difference in our ETA’s. Good luck and hope it gets there ASAP.
Old 5/1/14, 08:17 AM
GT Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yay! My VIN showed up this morning! Baby steps!
Old 5/1/14, 08:33 AM

Originally Posted by disneyfun1
I called the dealer and they looked it up where it was at. They said i can call each day if i wanted to.
Interesting, well that certainly helps. I'd go start circling the lot today. Hope you get it!
Old 5/1/14, 12:57 PM
Bullitt Member

Finally some pictures from last week prior to leaving for vacation.....these wouldn't load from my phone or tablet but now that im home i resized them and it works Car only had 5.1 miles on it too! Ill get more up after I pick the car up!
Attached Thumbnails 2014 Ordered/Built/Delivered Thread-20140423_102329-1024x576-.jpg   2014 Ordered/Built/Delivered Thread-20140423_102355-1024x576-.jpg   2014 Ordered/Built/Delivered Thread-20140423_103405-1024x576-.jpg   2014 Ordered/Built/Delivered Thread-20140423_103409-1024x576-.jpg   2014 Ordered/Built/Delivered Thread-20140423_103511-1024x576-.jpg  

Old 5/1/14, 01:51 PM
Mach 1 Member

^^^Congrats!!
Old 5/1/14, 04:17 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by sinf1x
I was actually very surprised by your ETA being so soon lakeguy77. My blend date is the same as yours but my ETA is 6/19. We all know these dates are subject to change but there WAS nearly a month’s difference in our ETA’s. Good luck and hope it gets there ASAP.
I wasn't surprised at all to see it pushed back. Although I believe my car goes to a different shipping Queue, being Canadian, which will be inevitably shorter, being a much smaller country and all, it's not exactly a bullet train to Winnipeg. I'm not familiar with train routes US to Canada, but I'm sure it probably crosses the border in Southern Ontario and makes the long winding trip across the shield to Manitoba, like most US automakers. When I saw my build date of 05/05, I was expecting a delivery closer to mid-June, so even if it's pushed back again, I can't say I didn't see it coming. They haven't even STARTED cleaning up the streets here yet, so I'm in no huge rush.
Old 5/1/14, 04:18 PM
Mach 1 Member

Finally some pictures from last week prior to leaving for vacation.....these wouldn't load from my phone or tablet but now that im home i resized them and it works Car only had 5.1 miles on it too! Ill get more up after I pick the car up!
Gorgeous car bro! Clean 'er up and hit the road!!
Old 5/1/14, 06:20 PM

Man, that is one SWEEET lookin' ride! Congrats!!!

Quick Reply: 2014 Ordered/Built/Delivered Thread