2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

2014 Ordered/Built/Delivered Thread

Search this Thread

Old 6/30/13, 07:26 PM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yea Saparish glad you finally get to enjoy it. I will be doing the same the first weekend I have mines. She looks awesome!

Last edited by Ajcruz1; 6/30/13 at 08:01 PM.
Old 6/30/13, 07:47 PM

Originally Posted by Marcin K.
Welcome, and congrats on your new Mustang. Your order is identical to mine!

I can't help by wonder. I noticed your order date was a month after mine, but you will be getting your car a full month ahead of me!!! I wish someone could tell me why the Ford ordering process is so F***** unfair!
You aren't the only one man. I ordered 05/08 and my ETA is 07/26...I'm not very happy. I had a priority 10 order and it was built 06/24.

Last edited by ImminentRueage; 7/1/13 at 07:09 AM.
Old 7/1/13, 05:47 AM
V6 Member

If it is a Shelby most seem to be arriving 90 days or more post order. Other Mustangs seem to be arriving 60 days or more.
Old 7/1/13, 06:37 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by ImminentRueage
You aren't the only one man. I ordered 05/09 and my ETA is 07/26...I'm not very happy. I had a priority 10 order and it was built 06/24.
I'm not very happy either. I ordered 4/26, and my ETA is 8/14. Car will be built 7/29. The total wait time for my GT will be ~105 days
And I don't mean to sound like a total downer. I'm very excited to (eventually) get my new awesome Mustang. It just helps to vent on this forum to people who understand and are going through the same order related pains. Thank you for listening.

Last edited by Marcin K.; 7/1/13 at 06:38 AM.
Old 7/1/13, 07:15 AM

I'm not very happy either. I ordered 4/26, and my ETA is 8/14. Car will be built 7/29. The total wait time for my GT will be ~105 days
And I don't mean to sound like a total downer. I'm very excited to (eventually) get my new awesome Mustang. It just helps to vent on this forum to people who understand and are going through the same order related pains. Thank you for listening.
Yeah I suppose we should just "buck up" and quit bringing down the morale of this thread...whining isn't going to get our cars here any sooner. It is just a little disappointing, though, when you are told 6-8 weeks(8 being the "in case of issues" number) and then it takes 12 or more...but I'm with you SOOO excited for it to get here. I have parts waiting to be installed.

BTW, what priority was your order?
Old 7/1/13, 07:42 AM

Originally Posted by woodzusa
Well, our cars are probably sitting on the lot looking sharp after being finished up on 06/28.

Hopefully, just a few more weeks now. I've already built a small parts bin that will going on it. Picked up some used GT500 quad mufflers, got a CAI and SCT tuner ready for the new bama tune. Ordering a new shift **** today. And getting my dealership to order the GT500 rear diffuser.
Nice plans!

I'm thinking the borla type-s catback (for the sound) and then some springs/shocks/struts.

Then when I burn though the tires I'll figure out what what rims. Probably 275s all around.
Old 7/1/13, 07:50 AM
GT Member

Yeah I suppose we should just "buck up" and quit bringing down the morale of this thread...whining isn't going to get our cars here any sooner. It is just a little disappointing, though, when you are told 6-8 weeks(8 being the "in case of issues" number) and then it takes 12 or more...but I'm with you SOOO excited for it to get here. I have parts waiting to be installed.

BTW, what priority was your order?
It was 10, just like everyone else , and I TOTALLY feel you on this.
Old 7/1/13, 08:19 AM

Ditto. I ordered mine 5/14 and still don't even have a VIN, I have seen identical Mustangs biult, I think even the same color. The good ole boy system needs to be abolished and replaced with a more streamlined first come first serve process IMHO. My 8-12 weeks isn't even going to be close as it looks. Not sure I will stick it out, it depends on the new rebates and my deliovery ETA. I don't need a summer car in the winter. FORD is missing the boat on this one.
Old 7/1/13, 08:45 AM

Originally Posted by saparish
The weather finally cleared up here in Michigan so Lyla got her first bath and a couple coats of Zaino. I wouldn't let the dealer detail her so she had been dirty since I picked her up the other day. She was happy to be cleaned up and to get out of the garage and stretch her legs today.
Wow...beautiful car SAParish..mine is supposed to be at the dealers today..can't wait.
Old 7/1/13, 10:27 AM

Welcome, and congrats on your new Mustang. Your order is identical to mine!

I can't help by wonder. I noticed your order date was a month after mine, but you will be getting your car a full month ahead of me!!! I wish someone could tell me why the Ford ordering process is so F***** unfair!
I don't understand it either, I also don't necessarily believe my car will be here on the 15th either, especially after reading everyone else's posts. I'm just going by the vague emails I get from my dealer...which I almost always have to initiate. He told me it was on a train last week... don't know if that's just lip service or reality...Good luck!
Old 7/1/13, 12:06 PM

I understand the delivery process as for the most part they are filling up trains and trucks to minimize transportation costs. The whole priority of building and such is @#$%. At least you have a biult car , mine isn't even in line yet to be built.
Old 7/1/13, 12:26 PM

This is old news and I'm sure most of you have seen it, but this is the reason the plant is shutting down for a month, which I hadn't read yet.

http://www.detroitnews.com/article/2...0102/305290009

Also, If your car is built, shouldn't it still ship? Or do they not do any shipments while the plant is closed as well?

I would think dealers should have been aware of this and able to inform customers BEFORE they ordered.

...but the question remains, would I not have ordered at the time I did, had I known about this...tough choice as I'm ready to switch cars, but I may have waited until next summer to make a purchase. Of course I had asked about GT500's when I ordered and they said they couldn't even make an order for those at the time, so I feel really bad for anyone who was set on one of them.
Old 7/1/13, 01:11 PM
V6 Member

If you look back in this thread, you will see that information about the intended Flat Rock plant idle was published back in the spring, meaning several months back. Also, the question about whether completed cars will still ship during this July plant idle was answered in the affirmative. Our dealer was aware of this and told us to anticipate 8-12 weeks between date of order and an ETA. We ordered 6/5, have a 7/29 blend date, and an ETA of 8/23.
Old 7/1/13, 01:22 PM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by LCC
Hi Deysha,
How long do we wait for from the time the order is placed until you can see it in your system? One - two weeks?
I don't want to bother you before there is any data to look up. My wife is killing me with kindness to ask you. It's only been two days ..
It depends on your dealer’s allocation, LCC. This is why I ask you guys to check with me weekly until it schedules.

Originally Posted by sm267
I am fortunate, as My order has proceeded fairly quickly, but my dealer advised a few days ago that the production date will not be until the first week of August. I'm just hoping the modifications to the Flat Rock plant do not introduce any delays as any new processes come on line. Time will tell.
Welcome and congrats, sm267! PM me with your VIN so I can check on it for you.

Yeah, Yesterday was 7 weeks for me and ETA is 07/26, that's another month of wait just for it to be shipped since it's already done building. At that rate, i'd rather just drive down to Michigan to pick it up myself...It's only 14 hours there.
It’s on its way, ImminentRueage.

Originally Posted by Dinosoar
As promised, here are pix of my new GT. For reference, my car was ordered on 5/20 and I got it 5 weeks and 1 day later on 6/25.
She is a beauty!!!

Originally Posted by Cobra 2997
Picked it up a few hours ago !!! The long wait was worth it !!! I ordered on 4/11 and it finally showed up late yesterday.
My dealer honored the agreed upon $500 below invoice price and they also honored my $750 coupon which had expired on 5/8, on top of the $1500 rebate in my region.

Also, a huge Thank You to Deysha for all the updates along the way !!!
Woo hoo!! Congrats, Cobra 2997!

Originally Posted by bwu1
Hi Deysha,
I sent you my info through pm a couple of days ago. Let me know what you think.

Thanks!
Thanks, bwu1!

Deysha, need your help again. Do you have Mother Nature on speed dial? Tell her to get all this rain out of Michigan so Lyla can get out of the garage and stretch her legs.
LOL! I wish I could, saparish. Many things would change here in Florida.

Originally Posted by solscooter
sweet got my vin! that was fast, too bad for the shut down, worth the wait.
thanks fordsevice
You’re welcome, solscooter!

Originally Posted by GTSPE4
Deysha,
I sent you my information. Thanks for the help. Let me know if you need any other information.

GTSPE4
Thanks! I’ll get back to you as soon as possible.

Originally Posted by JWhiskey
Hello everyone! I've been doing a lot of reading on this forum for the past couple of months, very helpful info throughout! I haven't had a car in years, much less a fast one, lol. I've been holding out for a long time, but finally broke down and ordered a GT. I had a '98 Cobra a decade ago, loved it but thought I was done with cars.
That is cool, JWhiskey! Be sure to PM me with your VIN so I can track it for you.

The weather finally cleared up here in Michigan so Lyla got her first bath and a couple coats of Zaino. I wouldn't let the dealer detail her so she had been dirty since I picked her up the other day. She was happy to be cleaned up and to get out of the garage and stretch her legs today.
She’s so pretty!!!

Deysha
Old 7/1/13, 03:37 PM

Now that I have a sticker, I've updated my build to when the car was finished...
Old 7/1/13, 04:25 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by klmustang2011

Wow...beautiful car SAParish..mine is supposed to be at the dealers today..can't wait.
Great news klmustang. Post some pics for us to see.
Old 7/1/13, 04:55 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by JWhiskey
Now that I have a sticker, I've updated my build to when the car was finished...
6/28/13 build ---Talking about getting in just under the wire before the plant goes to idle.
Old 7/1/13, 06:02 PM

Originally Posted by Flynford
6/28/13 build ---Talking about getting in just under the wire before the plant goes to idle.
Ya I lucked out on that one.
Old 7/1/13, 06:24 PM

Hello all, first time posting here. Just wanted to add mine to the list, '14 GHIG base GT with Brembo's. Ordered 5/28/13 but haven't heard anything from my dealer. Hope it gets here soon I have a beefcake special paxton, longtubes & orx, SVE drifts, sportline springs, gt500 spoiler and flowmaster American thunder axle backs waiting to go on and it's about to drive me crazy.
Old 7/1/13, 06:49 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by GHIG'14
Hello all, first time posting here. Just wanted to add mine to the list, '14 GHIG base GT with Brembo's. Ordered 5/28/13 but haven't heard anything from my dealer. Hope it gets here soon I have a beefcake special paxton, longtubes & orx, SVE drifts, sportline springs, gt500 spoiler and flowmaster American thunder axle backs waiting to go on and it's about to drive me crazy.
Wow! Impressive list of mods. Welcome, congrats on your new car, and arm yourself in patience.

Also PM FordCustomerService to get most up to date info on your car. Include your order number, and dealer code. Deysha is on top of Mustang orders like no one else.

Last edited by Marcin K.; 7/1/13 at 06:51 PM.

Quick Reply: 2014 Ordered/Built/Delivered Thread