Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

2014 Ordered/Built/Delivered Thread

Search this Thread

Old 4/23/13, 09:27 AM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Varilux
Is the plant for sure shutting down for a week in May and for the month of June?

What??? Last week, my dealer "claimed" I have a build date sometime around May 17 (who knows if this is the real scoop though... odd to define a week by a date that falls on a Friday). If the build is going to be after June, I have to rethink whether I want to wait around for the order.

Honestly, I thought ordering a car from the factory would be exciting- so far, its just been a let down. Yeah, I only placed the order 12 days ago- but considering this is a $40k+ purchase its kinda disheartening when the only information from the folks selling me the car is "It looks like the order got picked up- it should be built around 17 May, and then who knows how long it will take for delivery..."
When the car gets here it's exciting..the rest of the time it's like someone poking you in the eye with a pencil.
Old 4/23/13, 09:32 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Last week Deysha posted that she received my PM and would have news for me soon, but I haven't heard anything (which I assume means she has seen nothing to report on my order- which makes me wonder about my dealer telling me it already has a build week scheduled).

Before I placed my order, I asked the dealer if they had any remaining '13 Boss 302s left in their group of dealerships (to which they said "No, we have none left"). A few days after placing my order, I noticed a nice shiny new red 302 sitting at one of their other dealers that is right up the highway from my office. If the order was coming in 6-8 weeks, I guess I'd like all the "extras" I ordered (esp the glass roof and nav), but if its going to be 3 months or so... I make no bones about it- patience is not one of my few virtues!

Seriously, outside of the fact that Deysha seems to really care about getting people info on their orders, I'd have to give Ford an "F" on the whole process based on the dealer interaction. Sadly, that seems to be a common sentiment in this thread. Seems like Ford would figure out a better protocol for their dealers to follow.

When the car gets here it's exciting..the rest of the time it's like someone poking you in the eye with a pencil.
If it would get me my car quicker, I'd be happy to let someone poke my eye with a pencil (as long as I get to wear a polycarbonate lens... I am in the ophthalmic optics business after all :^)! This is just excruciating! On Sunday, my son and I went down to the (closed) dealer so I could agonize over whether I should have ordered Ingot Silver instead of Sterling Gray... Oh, and will I like the 3.73 gears in the daily bumper to bumper, and will the... and so on and so on. The wife and I have had two kids, and that process was a walk in the park compared to this!

Last edited by Varilux; 4/23/13 at 09:44 AM.
Old 4/23/13, 10:20 AM
GT Member

Last week Deysha posted that she received my PM and would have news for me soon, but I haven't heard anything (which I assume means she has seen nothing to report on my order- which makes me wonder about my dealer telling me it already has a build week scheduled).

Before I placed my order, I asked the dealer if they had any remaining '13 Boss 302s left in their group of dealerships (to which they said "No, we have none left"). A few days after placing my order, I noticed a nice shiny new red 302 sitting at one of their other dealers that is right up the highway from my office. If the order was coming in 6-8 weeks, I guess I'd like all the "extras" I ordered (esp the glass roof and nav), but if its going to be 3 months or so... I make no bones about it- patience is not one of my few virtues!

Seriously, outside of the fact that Deysha seems to really care about getting people info on their orders, I'd have to give Ford an "F" on the whole process based on the dealer interaction. Sadly, that seems to be a common sentiment in this thread. Seems like Ford would figure out a better protocol for their dealers to follow.

If it would get me my car quicker, I'd be happy to let someone poke my eye with a pencil (as long as I get to wear a polycarbonate lens... I am in the ophthalmic optics business after all :^)! This is just excruciating! On Sunday, my son and I went down to the (closed) dealer so I could agonize over whether I should have ordered Ingot Silver instead of Sterling Gray... Oh, and will I like the 3.73 gears in the daily bumper to bumper, and will the... and so on and so on. The wife and I have had two kids, and that process was a walk in the park compared to this!
There is no possible way that your dealer knows the build date this early after ordering. I think your dealer was probably just guessing at the approx. build date. Dealers seem to have less information than what you can find on this site. Be patient with Deysha, she will follow up with you.
Both you and I ordered our cars on the same date, my dealer has absolutely zero information. It was a stretch to just get the order number and priority code from them. They told me anywhere from 6-10 weeks before the car would arrive.
The process is somewhat frustrating, but hopefully Deysha will have some info for you soon. I've ordered 8 or so new cars from Ford over the past 20 years and the process hasn't gotten any better ....
Old 4/23/13, 10:35 AM
GT Member

Is the plant for sure shutting down for a week in May and for the month of June?

What??? Last week, my dealer "claimed" I have a build date sometime around May 17 (who knows if this is the real scoop though... odd to define a week by a date that falls on a Friday). If the build is going to be after June, I have to rethink whether I want to wait around for the order.

Honestly, I thought ordering a car from the factory would be exciting- so far, its just been a let down. Yeah, I only placed the order 12 days ago- but considering this is a $40k+ purchase its kinda disheartening when the only information from the folks selling me the car is "It looks like the order got picked up- it should be built around 17 May, and then who knows how long it will take for delivery..."
Varilux, according to the article posted in the Detroit News last weekend, Flat Rock is closing for a week in May, the last week of June, and the first 3 weeks of July. Plenty of time left to build cars before they idle the plant for Fusion training. Flat Rock schedules cars weekly on either Wednesday or Thursday night, if I understand correctly? Seems people have been getting a VIN after 2 or 3 scheduling rounds on standard Stangs and a little over a month after ordering Shelby's. I have been waiting 3 weeks for my Shelby with no news yet, but hopefully good news will come in the next few weeks.
Old 4/23/13, 10:56 AM

Sounds like you just need to forget about your car for a while and relax. I ordered mine 16 Mar and didnt get my window sticker and build date until this morning, 23 Apr. My projected delivery is 20 May. My dealer told me 6-8 weeks, and it looks like it will be a little more than that. Also, you definately should have ordered ingot silver ...just kidding

Last edited by gambler; 4/23/13 at 10:59 AM.
Old 4/23/13, 11:06 AM

Ordered on 3/22, heard from Deysha today about the VINs (if you PMd her, just be patient, she is still playing catch up from being out an entire week the other week), and got an estimated delivery to dealer of 5/11. Can't wait!!!

Deysha said that my blend is the build date. This is my 'blend code' - 120130429. Does that mean it has a build date of 4/29/13? Just trying to decipher that code.
Old 4/23/13, 11:14 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
To clarify, I have no gripes with Deysha (she's the only one at Ford who seems to even think about communicating with the customer).

I also wouldn't have a problem with the dealer touching base once a week (even if just to give an honest assessment that "we have no news yet"). However, when they give you info that reeks from being pulled from one's posterior, its frustrating.

Finally, yeah I need to just enjoy the final few weeks with my current car (a BMW Z4 coupe... not like I'm suffering or anything). I will probably miss that automatic transmission in the I-35 bumper to bumper traffic once I get the new ride.

I should mention however that this would be the alternative to waiting on the ordered car (if it only had a glass roof)...
http://www.spford.com/car/160045/201...ss_302?lpid=77
Old 4/23/13, 11:19 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by dlaude6
Ordered on 3/22, heard from Deysha today about the VINs (if you PMd her, just be patient, she is still playing catch up from being out an entire week the other week), and got an estimated delivery to dealer of 5/11. Can't wait!!!

Deysha said that my blend is the build date. This is my 'blend code' - 120130429. Does that mean it has a build date of 4/29/13? Just trying to decipher that code.
Yes, 4/29/13 would be your build date. Your window sticker should be viewable online Friday morning, if not already. Usually it's viewable about 7 days prior to build date.
Old 4/23/13, 11:28 AM

I ordered a GT500 on 3/11. I have my vin, and scheduled to be built the week of 4/29. Still waiting for the window sticker to pop up. I have an ETA to the Dealer of 5/13. (Can be subject to change) Deysha has been awesome! She provides better info than my dealer hands down. It has been painful to even get info from my dealer.

I'm also worried the plant shut down in early May will affect my build. I'm hoping it will get built and on its way before going idle.

Last edited by lvxlr8n; 4/23/13 at 11:33 AM.
Old 4/23/13, 11:32 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Cobra 2997

Yes, 4/29/13 would be your build date. Your window sticker should be viewable online Friday morning, if not already. Usually it's viewable about 7 days prior to build date.
Should be up today.
Old 4/23/13, 11:38 AM
GT Member

Mine went up earlier today with a 4/29
Old 4/23/13, 11:47 AM

got my VIN and estimated arrival (May 25th) from deysha!!! SWEEEEEEET!!!
Old 4/23/13, 12:22 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
Congrats all!
Old 4/23/13, 02:48 PM
GT Member

I just got my Window Sticker this morning to, we have the same build date 4-29-13. My dealer says my car has a eta to delear of 5/6 * thats what he said last week * and on my sticker it also says Convoy for shipment...so I'm guessing it going from flat rock plant all the way to wv on a truck...hopefully it's a quick delivery...
Old 4/23/13, 03:08 PM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by kingnut
man i hope my car arrives by the first week of June. which would be 8 weeks. im only gonna be home for 3 weeks. so if it doesnt come in that time frame i will not be accepting it.
I sent you an update, kingnut!

Originally Posted by Neverl8
Window sticker just went up. Looks like my build date is 4/29 this time.
Woo hoo!

Originally Posted by cobrajg
I'm at 4 weeks and no VIN yet. Was hoping with priority 10 I would have it by now.

Is the plant for sure shutting down for a week in May and for the month of June? I can handle sharing my wife's jeep for a couple more weeks, but not a couple months.
Is the plant for sure shutting down for a week in May and for the month of June? "
I hope yours schedules this week, cobrajg. The plant normally shuts down the first week of July. I’ll get more info soon.

Originally Posted by elkk
You might as well get used to it. Every day seems like a week. Info is SLOW coming and always "subject to change". Deysha should advise you that the factory has received your order and the status. Have u pm'd her?
He sure has, elkk. I’m working on it.

I should get something to you tomorrow, Varilux. Thank you for your patience.

Originally Posted by Cobra 2997
Be patient with Deysha, she will follow up with you.

The process is somewhat frustrating, but hopefully Deysha will have some info for you soon.
To clarify, I have no gripes with Deysha (she's the only one at Ford who seems to even think about communicating with the customer).
Originally Posted by lvxlr8n
I ordered a GT500 on 3/11. I have my vin, and scheduled to be built the week of 4/29. Still waiting for the window sticker to pop up. I have an ETA to the Dealer of 5/13. (Can be subject to change) Deysha has been awesome! She provides better info than my dealer hands down. It has been painful to even get info from my dealer.
Thank you for the support, guys!

Originally Posted by kingnut
got my VIN and estimated arrival (May 25th) from deysha!!! SWEEEEEEET!!!
You’re welcome!

Deysha
Old 4/23/13, 04:07 PM

Originally Posted by Kevin0027
I just got my Window Sticker this morning to, we have the same build date 4-29-13. My dealer says my car has a eta to delear of 5/6 * thats what he said last week * and on my sticker it also says Convoy for shipment...so I'm guessing it going from flat rock plant all the way to wv on a truck...hopefully it's a quick delivery...
Kevin0027,
Deysha just sent me the link to my window sticker. I just got my sticker this morning as well with the 4/29/2013 build date. Should be at the rail port on 5/22/2013. Hope fully they can get it to the dealership the next day.
Old 4/23/13, 04:10 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by 55r2014
Kevin0027,
Deysha just sent me the link to my window sticker. I just got my sticker this morning as well with the 4/29/2013 build date. Should be at the rail port on 5/22/2013. Hope fully they can get it to the dealership the next day.
Congrats! Well hopefully yours will be alot sooner than the 22nd..
Old 4/23/13, 04:55 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Kevin0027

Mines Headed to wv as well..don't put alot of trust in the 5/6 looking more into 5/15-21 time frame.
Old 4/23/13, 05:12 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Neverl8
Mines Headed to wv as well..don't put alot of trust in the 5/6 looking more into 5/15-21 time frame.
my Dealer said 5/6 and also said it could be the week before that or after...and Deysha said 5/15...So im just hopin for the best....Whats it say on your shipping?
Old 4/23/13, 05:30 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by lvxlr8n

I'm also worried the plant shut down in early May will affect my build. I'm hoping it will get built and on its way before going idle.
Jealous........I ordered my GT500 on 4/3 so I still have some waiting to do. Sounds like that May shutdown for a week is going to add a little additional pain to my wait. Just hope it is built before the monthlong shutdown at the end of June.

Quick Reply: 2014 Ordered/Built/Delivered Thread