2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

2014 Ordered/Built/Delivered Thread

Search this Thread

Old 4/26/14, 10:56 AM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
just off the phone with the dealer. As of 7 am this morning car has made it to New Mexico. He is showing a date of may 1-5, but maybe sooner. I have to call back monday and see where it has made it to. its getting closer.
Old 4/26/14, 11:16 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Way2QWK
lakeguy77,

Deysha said my window sticker may be up on the 30th also. Looks like we have similar wait times, maybe even the cars being built on the same day. Hopefully not on a monday or friday though! LOL. We both ordered Black too
Great minds!
Old 4/26/14, 01:52 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by disneyfun1
just off the phone with the dealer. As of 7 am this morning car has made it to New Mexico. He is showing a date of may 1-5, but maybe sooner. I have to call back monday and see where it has made it to. its getting closer.
Glad to hear it!
Old 4/26/14, 02:25 PM
Bullitt Member

Well my car showed up as I was leaving town. I was able to stop and see it prior to hitting the road I have been trying to upload photos but keep getting an error that a security token is missing. I emailed the admin so hopefully I can get them up later
Old 4/26/14, 02:39 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Slizzime
Well my car showed up as I was leaving town. I was able to stop and see it prior to hitting the road I have been trying to upload photos but keep getting an error that a security token is missing. I emailed the admin so hopefully I can get them up later
Ouch! Cancel the trip and go get your car!
Old 4/27/14, 08:26 AM
GT Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by lakeguy77
Ouch! Cancel the trip and go get your car!

I fear I will have a big family gathering out of town about the time mine will be here....they're not car people, so wouldn't understand
Old 4/27/14, 08:40 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Turbo302

I fear I will have a big family gathering out of town about the time mine will be here....they're not car people, so wouldn't understand
Try these:

Flying:
"My flight was delayed/cancelled."
"My cab took a wrong turn and I missed my flight, everything else was booked."

Driving:
"The kniflin pin on my car broke, and they had to order one in."
"I had a flat tire and I couldn't find a shop to fix it in time. Had to go buy a new car."

Either:
"I think I ate some bad sushi." (especially effective if travelling with a companion and used in conjunction with an app that makes fart sounds loud enough to travel through a bathroom door. A gag store stink aerosol isn't necessary, but adds to the authenticity)
"Right now I'm focussing on my own happiness, and what's that got to do with family??"

Old 4/27/14, 08:56 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by lakeguy77
Try these:

Flying:
"My flight was delayed/cancelled."
"My cab took a wrong turn and I missed my flight, everything else was booked."

Driving:
"The kniflin pin on my car broke, and they had to order one in."
"I had a flat tire and I couldn't find a shop to fix it in time. Had to go buy a new car."

Either:
"I think I ate some bad sushi." (especially effective if travelling with a companion and used in conjunction with an app that makes fart sounds loud enough to travel through a bathroom door. A gag store stink aerosol isn't necessary, but adds to the authenticity)
"Right now I'm focussing on my own happiness, and what's that got to do with family??"

Lol
Old 4/27/14, 10:00 AM
Mach 1 Member

Love the post. Tell them it has a bad sphincter bearing.
Old 4/27/14, 10:18 AM
Mach 1 Member

I'm actually quite lucky. My entire family are car people. I have 5 uncles who are mechanics, another who used to be a mechanic and now teaches at the local tech school. Several cousins work in the industry. I only have one sister, but her husband is a car nut (he's into classic euro stuff) and rides bikes. I have several other uncles/relatives that own classic cars or sports cars. Basically, all I have to say is, "I'm picking up my new car on Saturday" and I get 30 responses of "Cool, seeya next year."
Old 4/28/14, 07:42 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by disneyfun1
Can you tell me??!!....Please!!!!!
I’ll respond to your PM as soon as possible, disneyfun1.

Originally Posted by Turbo302
Just placed an order for an Oxford White GT Premium, Glass Roof, Brembo,A6, car! I read these were the last few days to order, so i bit the bullet!!
First new car I have ever purchased. I have owned numerous Mustangs over the years and currently have 3 Foxbody 5.0's. This car will most likely be one I will keep forever right along side my Strawberry 90' GT and Bimini Blue 92' LX Notch 5.0.
Was thinking of a 2015, but something about it doesn't feel as right as the retro styled S197 cars.
I will PM Deysha my info and join the wait club!
Welcome and congrats on your order, Turbo302! I’ll get back to you soon.

Originally Posted by 2014GHIGGT
The tracking site is all over the place with my car. It has been in awaiting shipment status for about 4 days and each day the lead times keep changing when I check the tracking site.
I also noticed that for all cars the in transit date and delivered date are always the same once delivery is made. That said the in transit status isn't all that helpful.
I need talked off the ledge. :-)
It shipped out on Friday, 2014GHIGGT.

Listen to what Deysha tells you, she is more accurate that that tracking site. And don't worry it will be here before you know it! It will be worth the wait!
Thanks again, Slizzime! Congrats on your new ride!

Deysha
Old 4/28/14, 08:47 AM

Hello all!
Ive been lurking the forum for a while now.. I placed my order for SGM GT premium on 3/25 and got the VIN a couple of days later with delivery date of 6/19/14. Today I saw that the status has changed to "in production". Still waiting on sticker.. I hope its not actually getting built on a Monday…
Old 4/28/14, 09:56 AM
V6 Member

Finally my status changed to in production. Hope its not being built today!!! Monday. LOL
Old 4/28/14, 10:07 AM

Hello,
New to the forum. I placed my order April 14th for a Deep impact blue/ med. stone V6 Premium w/ V6 Performance Pkg/ Assy Pkg 1 / Comfort Pkg / Silver hood-side stripes and have my VIN and estimated delivery date of May 20. I have Airaid CAI and Borla stingers to put on it and also having my dealer add the GT/CS spoiler to it.
Old 4/28/14, 10:16 AM

I was told that mine was supposed to ship today! Being only 5 hours from the plant, I expect it to arrive tonight or tomorrow to the dealer! Then I will just have to bear with them to do whatever delivery inspection is required.
Old 4/28/14, 10:19 AM
Mach 1 Member

Mine also shows in production this morning!

Window sticker link not working just yet though.
Old 4/28/14, 10:31 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by sinf1x
Hello all!
Ive been lurking the forum for a while now.. I placed my order for SGM GT premium on 3/25 and got the VIN a couple of days later with delivery date of 6/19/14. Today I saw that the status has changed to "in production". Still waiting on sticker.. I hope its not actually getting built on a Monday…
Originally Posted by GI-Ken
Hello,
New to the forum. I placed my order April 14th for a Deep impact blue/ med. stone V6 Premium w/ V6 Performance Pkg/ Assy Pkg 1 / Comfort Pkg / Silver hood-side stripes and have my VIN and estimated delivery date of May 20. I have Airaid CAI and Borla stingers to put on it and also having my dealer add the GT/CS spoiler to it.
Welcome and congrats to both of you! Be sure to PM me with your dealer’s names and order numbers so I can track them.

Originally Posted by lancemb
I was told that mine was supposed to ship today! Being only 5 hours from the plant, I expect it to arrive tonight or tomorrow to the dealer! Then I will just have to bear with them to do whatever delivery inspection is required.
It should ship out soon, lancemb.

Deysha
Old 4/28/14, 11:42 AM

I find it crazy how people who ordered before me have to wait longer than I do. Do any of you have any idea how orders are prioritized? Also regarding the rebates/incentives as of now my dealer said they would lock me in 5,500$ In rebates in a incentive protection program .This is including my ford private cash for 750$ That expires on the 5-24th my ETA is the 5-30th all I have to do is sign the Dora. Deysha just to confirm is this possible?

Also why is everyone so afraid their car might get built on a Monday or Friday ? lol
Old 4/28/14, 01:12 PM
GT Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by lancemb
Awesome! I asked the dealer to keep mine in the wrapper and call me when in. I want to unwrap my present during inspection!

Last edited by Turbo302; 4/28/14 at 01:16 PM.
Old 4/28/14, 01:52 PM

I've had my car almost a year now and am not shopping for anything new. Out of the blue I get a brochure in the mail from Ford with the $750 coupon PLUS 2 years of service. Has anyone seen one of those before? Too bad they didn't send that to me when I was buying...

Quick Reply: 2014 Ordered/Built/Delivered Thread