Sponsored By:

2014 Ordered/Built/Delivered Thread

Search this Thread

Old 4/19/13, 12:54 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Shelby Mama
Thank you for the congrats!

I have some SERIOUS complaints though! I am NOT a happy Shelby owner....as of yet!

First of all, I had to listen to my husband rant all night because the dealership didn't call my husband to let us know that the truck arrived. He wanted to be there when the car came off the truck. They called when we were both at work on second shift. I had a friend who was getting service work on his Explorer yesterday and SEEN the truck pull up at noon. The dealership e-mail me at 2:18pm and called my husband at 2:39pm....just after he punched into work. Almost seemed deliberate......... We both work second shift and start work at 2:30. My husband was about to blow his top!

Next, when we got to the dealership at 8 am (in which we were NOT happy and running on 2 hrs of sleep) there was another wrench thrown into the mix......the car was DAMAGED in shipping!! Apparently, the salesman "e-mailed" me about this last night at 4pm, in which I am STILL waiting for the e-mail to arrive. (I have a smart phone and get e-mails on my phone.) MY heart sank.....The salesman told me it was damaged when the car was pulled off the truck at the dealership! I literally was like WTF?!? Now that I think about it, I'm not sure how the delivery driver could but two deep marks in the rear bumper backing it off the truck....the marks are about 4 inched on each side of the license plate in the rear. I'm thinking the damage occurred either when it was placed in the rail car OR maybe if the car was backed onto the truck and with the clutch being so "touchy" he back into the trailer?? Needless to say, our car is still at the dealership and will be STAYING there until May 17th for repairs..

We ALSO found NUMEROUS scratches on the car. There is two dings in the spoiler on each side on the top of it. Almost where something was over the car during shipment? We also found a paint chip/ding in the driver side rocker panel from someone getting in of out of it!!

The only thing that is making me still yearning for the car is when we started it up and heard the rumble of the exhaust!

We proceeded to take the car to the gas station because it was 22 miles till empty. As we were at the gas station we were filling up the Shelby with our salesman jaw jacking, the gas nozzle do not shut off, spewing gas ALL OVER the side of our car!

I feel as though this car is a lemon and doesn't "feel right" but I don't know how to feel! I think I am MOST upset that the dealership didn't follow through and CALL us when the truck arrived like they said they would! However, I think my husband would the hung the deliver driver if he seen him back the car into the truck trailer!

So fellow Mustang lovers....what would you do? I want your opinions!! I'm thinking about "asking" for the dealership to take some money off the final sales price for all the hassle and because the car will NOT be considered original...

This makes us BOTH sick! We have not smiled all day..... It's like our Shelby experience has been ruined. I feel as though car salesmen should be in politics because they all lie!
That's pretty **** terrible for a Shelby experience and i think your dealer will honor just that, tell them how you feel. definitely make them work with that price. Quite a bit. I hope everything goes well and let us know what happens
Old 4/19/13, 01:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Why will it take a month to repair? That seems excessive! It does suck that it got damaged, I'd still want it as long as it gets repaired good as new, but that's me and my opinion.
Old 4/19/13, 02:26 PM

should have never accepted the vehicle until everything was fixed to your liking.
Old 4/19/13, 02:29 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by kingnut
should have never accepted the vehicle until everything was fixed to your liking.
Didn't accept it yet....
Old 4/19/13, 02:30 PM
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Didn't accept it yet....
Did you take pics, mama?
Old 4/19/13, 02:33 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by lvxlr8n
Why will it take a month to repair? That seems excessive! It does suck that it got damaged, I'd still want it as long as it gets repaired good as new, but that's me and my opinion.
Originally Posted by 11SHELBYGT500
Did you take pics, mama?
Yeah just some of the all around car. Not close up. I was too disgusted at the time... I'm trying to upload them from my phone. I live in the boonies.....cell service is poor. I'm trying!
Old 4/19/13, 02:58 PM

Yeah just some of the all around car. Not close up. I was too disgusted at the time... I'm trying to upload them from my phone. I live in the boonies.....cell service is poor. I'm trying!
I went through something similar with my Mustang a few months ago. When it finally arrive, I was told it was damaged in transit. The body shop did a decent job repairing the damage so I accepted the car after working out a "revised" price. Be aware that the damage might show up on Carfax even if you haven't taken delivery yet - which means the car is worth less in value.

After all that, when I took delivery of it finally, I really love this car! I'm sure you'll forget about all this once it's behind you. Good luck!
Old 4/19/13, 03:02 PM
Bullitt Member

Here is the first pic I have loaded... lol Not a damage pic
Attached Thumbnails 2014 Ordered/Built/Delivered Thread-shelby-2.jpg  
Old 4/19/13, 03:04 PM
Cobra R Member

Here is the first pic I have loaded... lol Not a damage pic
That's gorgeous, I know you really want to take it home!
Old 4/19/13, 03:05 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Pantograph3
I went through something similar with my Mustang a few months ago. When it finally arrive, I was told it was damaged in transit. The body shop did a decent job repairing the damage so I accepted the car after working out a "revised" price. Be aware that the damage might show up on Carfax even if you haven't taken delivery yet - which means the car is worth less in value.

After all that, when I took delivery of it finally, I really love this car! I'm sure you'll forget about all this once it's behind you. Good luck!
Thanks for the info! I glad that things worked out for you! We do not plan on getting rid of this car any time soon. But I think a renegotiated price would be to our liking! I'm just wondering how much we should ask off? Any ideas?
Old 4/19/13, 03:06 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Hadtohaveit'13
I DO!
Old 4/19/13, 03:07 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Hadtohaveit'13

Geez Josh, rub it in, why don't ya. Lol
Old 4/19/13, 03:12 PM
Cobra R Member

Geez Josh, rub it in, why don't ya. Lol
Hahah it did come off like that didn't it? But hey I wanna take it home and I've only seen the cell pic.. Hah
Old 4/19/13, 03:59 PM
Bullitt Member

OK, here are the pics of the beast. I wish I had something better than my cellphone! Pictures don't do it justice! Last pic has damage circles in red, but it very hard to see with the low quality of the camera. Enjoy!
Attached Thumbnails 2014 Ordered/Built/Delivered Thread-shelby-2.jpg   2014 Ordered/Built/Delivered Thread-shelby-4.jpg   2014 Ordered/Built/Delivered Thread-shelby-5.jpg  
Attached Images   
Old 4/19/13, 04:05 PM
Banned

OK, here are the pics of the beast. I wish I had something better than my cellphone! Pictures don't do it justice! Last pic has damage circles in red, but it very hard to see with the low quality of the camera. Enjoy!
Is all the damage on the bumper cover?
Old 4/19/13, 04:13 PM
Bullitt Member

Is all the damage on the bumper cover?
Bumper cover, top of the spoiler of both the left and right side, paint chip on the driver side rocker panel, deep scratches behind the driver side opera window (don't look like they can buff out, down to the primer), numerous shallow scratches all over the car. I think those will buff out though. All documented.

-My Shelby battle wagon!

I guess I can laugh a little bit now....but still not trilled.
Old 4/19/13, 04:17 PM
Banned

Bumper cover, top of the spoiler of both the left and right side, paint chip on the driver side rocker panel, deep scratches behind the driver side opera window (don't look like they can buff out, down to the primer), numerous shallow scratches all over the car. I think those will buff out though. All documented.

-My Shelby battle wagon!

I guess I can laugh a little bit now....but still not trilled.
Did the guy that hauled it wear Brillo gloves? Lol
Old 4/19/13, 04:29 PM
Bullitt Member

Did the guy that hauled it wear Brillo gloves? Lol

I was wondering the same thing?!? Must of got off the short bus and got right into the delivery truck! I guess "My Shelby Battle Wagon" had too much power for him to handle!

Old 4/19/13, 04:46 PM
V6 Member

Shelby mama, that's terrible luck. I feel for you. Since the damage is mostly cosmetic, I would still accept it if it's fixed to your satisfaction. As far as appearing on a carfax, not everything shows up on a carfax. But in this situation, I think it will all depend on who takes the blame. The truck company or Ford. If it's the truck company, they will need to put it through insurance and there is a chance it could go on the vehicles report. But I would definatelys still use that as leverage to negotiate a discount. And I would negotiate sooner rather than later. Good luck with everything. I highly doubt it will take them a month to fix it. That's just rediculous.
Old 4/19/13, 05:40 PM
Mach 1 Member

It would be heartbreaking to get that close to delivery- and then have a snafu like that (one more thing to worry about)!

Stopped by the dealer on the way home to make sure they received a DORA (to which the sales guy said, "DORA- what's that?").

They called the guy who went over the order information with me last week (he was at one of their other locations), and he said "Yep, the order was picked up- order number 147, and it looks like it is scheduled for the week of 14 May.").

He didn't go into priority numbers- or even a list of what the order included- but I notice the order number (147) is different than the one listed on the "vehicle order confirmation" sheet he gave me last week (0099). Should that be a concern, or do they just print a random number on the order confirmation?

Quick Reply: 2014 Ordered/Built/Delivered Thread