2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}

2014 Ordered/Built/Delivered Thread

Search this Thread

Old 8/23/13, 09:17 AM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ScottMoore96
My dealer gave me the incentives in effect at the time, in writing, and said that they and Ford honor the incentives in effect when you order....at the time of delivery, no matter when.

I'd check with your dealer and Deysha about this. Good luck!
^^THIS!
Old 8/23/13, 09:22 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by jOSEPH r. fONTENOT
Ounce your unit is built how long before it it Relesed & shipped.
My 2014 Shelby was built on 8/13/13,My DORA was on 12/7/12,Deposit on 11/30/12.
Just wondering.
It all depends. Everyone is different. Some take weeks some only a few days. Mines sat at the factory for 3 weeks!
Old 8/23/13, 10:21 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by rcliff1
Since the summer incentives ($1000/matching down) are done on 9/3, and I take delivery on 9/4, the dealer says I only get rebates that are available at time of delivery. When I placed the order there was $2000 in rebates.....that's gonna suck.
My dealer gave me the incentives in effect at the time, in writing, and said that they and Ford honor the incentives in effect when you order....at the time of delivery, no matter when.

I'd check with your dealer and Deysha about this. Good luck!
Hey rcliff1,

As ScottMoore96 mentioned, I know all dealerships have the option to lock in incentives when you place your order. However, they all have the last say on incentives at the time of sale (unless expired). For more info, please contact our Marketing Headquarters at 1-800-334-4375. Also, your new ETA is 9/3/13!

Originally Posted by jOSEPH r. fONTENOT
Ounce your unit is built how long before it it Relesed & shipped.
My 2014 Shelby was built on 8/13/13,My DORA was on 12/7/12,Deposit on 11/30/12.
Just wondering.
The Shelby vehicle’s process is much extended than the regular Mustangs, jOSEPH r. fONTENOT. It should be put out to await shipment soon.

Deysha
Old 8/23/13, 10:55 AM
V6 Member

I know that this has been said time and again, but just try to hang in there.

I am not normally a patient individual, so waiting for my Mustang was quite a chalenge for me, but well worth the wait. I was constantly checking every source that I could access for updates on the vehicle's progress. When it finally arrived, I completely forgot all of the frustrations and worries. Deysha was a big help, be sure to utilyze her expertise.

Just for comparison, here was "my" particular ordering timeline:

5/23/13 - Placed order at dealer
6/12/13 - Received VIN
6/21/13 - Received Blend/Build Date of 8/5/13
8/7/13 - Received information that vehicle was released for shipment
8/13/13 - Received information that vehicle was in transit (rail)
8/15/13 - Received information that vehicle arrived at distribution facility
8/20/13 - Vehicle delivered to dealer and picked up

If I had missed the 4 week shutdown at the plant, the total delivery time would have been 8 weeks, which was within the 6 to 8 week estimate that my Ford dealer told me.

Last edited by MartinM; 8/23/13 at 10:57 AM.
Old 8/23/13, 12:10 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by MartinM
I know that this has been said time and again, but just try to hang in there.

I am not normally a patient individual, so waiting for my Mustang was quite a chalenge for me, but well worth the wait. I was constantly checking every source that I could access for updates on the vehicle's progress. When it finally arrived, I completely forgot all of the frustrations and worries. Deysha was a big help, be sure to utilyze her expertise.

Just for comparison, here was "my" particular ordering timeline:

5/23/13 - Placed order at dealer
6/12/13 - Received VIN
6/21/13 - Received Blend/Build Date of 8/5/13
8/7/13 - Received information that vehicle was released for shipment
8/13/13 - Received information that vehicle was in transit (rail)
8/15/13 - Received information that vehicle arrived at distribution facility
8/20/13 - Vehicle delivered to dealer and picked up

If I had missed the 4 week shutdown at the plant, the total delivery time would have been 8 weeks, which was within the 6 to 8 week estimate that my Ford dealer told me.
Mine has looked like this so far:

6/13/13 - Placed order.
8/1/13 - Received VIN.
8/14/13 - Received window sticker with Blend/Build of 8/20/13 and ETA to dealer on 9/3/13.
8/16/13 - Updated ETA to dealer moved to 9/9/13.
Unfortunatley I did NOT miss the plant shutdown.
That's all the info for now. Waiting for Deysha to give me hope!

Last edited by pressman43; 8/23/13 at 12:12 PM.
Old 8/23/13, 12:23 PM
V6 Member

Hey Deysha, I'm not sure if you got my PM or not i was just wondering if you have any new information on my order. I understand you're extremely busy, I'm just anxious haha. Let me know please. Thanks Deysha!
Old 8/23/13, 12:58 PM

Originally Posted by FullRide14
Hey Deysha, I'm not sure if you got my PM or not i was just wondering if you have any new information on my order. I understand you're extremely busy, I'm just anxious haha. Let me know please. Thanks Deysha!

^^^^This

I will say that I am waiting patiently for my PM as well, so don't feel alone. I was glad to see your message. I know she is amazing, and I can be a bit more patient now knowing I'm not alone
Old 8/23/13, 01:24 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by pressman43

6/13/13 - Placed order.
8/1/13 - Received VIN.
8/14/13 - Received window sticker with Blend/Build of 8/20/13 and ETA to dealer on 9/3/13.
Thanks for your numbers. It's been 3 weeks and I am still waiting on a VIN myself.

I'd postulate that because I'm Canadian, they will be scheduling Canadian orders together, as we have differences in our cars (like gauges in KM instead of Mi). So, as far as that goes it will be luck of the draw to schedule my build - it could be soon, or it could be lengthy depending on when they get enough Cdn orders to "batch" together. After it is built, I imagine it will ship comparatively quickly. Geographically, I'm close to the standard entryways to Canada, and I'd imagine that if Canadian orders are scheduled to build together, they'd be clever enough to ship them all soon afterwards.

It will be interesting to see if my theories play themselves out as estimates turn to actuals.

Good luck to all on your waits. May you get your cars early!
Old 8/23/13, 01:30 PM

Originally Posted by pressman43

6/13/13 - Placed order.
8/1/13 - Received VIN.

I couldn't resist

5/14/13 - Placed order.
5-30-6-24 received a bunch of excuses from dealer and Ford why it is not in production
6-27/13 Discrtict manager involved prioirity of order changed to 10; still no VIN
8/1/13 - Received VIN.
8/13/13 - Received window sticker with Blend/Build of 8/19/13 and ETA to dealer on 9/6/13.
8/20/13 - Updated ETA to dealer moved to 9/12/13.
8/22/13 - Updates ETA to dealer of 9/3/13
8/21/13 Decided I don't give a dam about buying it
Old 8/23/13, 01:36 PM

Waiting to see what incentives take place Sep 4

Last edited by JDMontana; 8/24/13 at 09:44 PM. Reason: felt like it
Old 8/23/13, 01:50 PM

Originally Posted by JDMontana
Deysha, my answer is this. Dealer will need to compensate me for this wait and make it right. My rebates at time of order were 1500, now it's $2000, and on Sep 4 it will be ????. If FORD offers me ANYTHING less than $2000 then I will not be buying this car or any car from FORD PERIOD EVER. Ford also needs to make this right. I don't car about buying it anymore.
It might sounds snarky, but the fact that you continue to post on this thread about your crappy circumstances suggests you do still care.

Maybe you can leverage your bad experience into a better deal at a different and hopefully more informative dealership?

Deysha is a messenger, stop shooting at her :-)
Old 8/23/13, 02:29 PM

Originally Posted by driverm11
It might sounds snarky, but the fact that you continue to post on this thread about your crappy circumstances suggests you do still care.

Maybe you can leverage your bad experience into a better deal at a different and hopefully more informative dealership?

Deysha is a messenger, stop shooting at her :-)
I have never taken shots at Deysha. We have had many conversations and I have always found her to be helpful and right on target with everything she has said. This process is broken and I hope to bring it to light so Ford fixes it for the next person. I really don't care about buying this, hence I didn't ask for a delivery update. As always I thank Deysha , if only she had more clout, she needs a promotion.
Old 8/23/13, 02:39 PM
LCC
V6 Member

If she got a promotion then we would have someone else.. Might work for her but not for us..

You guys at least have a date. I ordered ours 06/25/13 and I'm still waiting for a build date.. Not her fault, something has happened with the process.. Might just be with the dealership.
Old 8/24/13, 02:11 PM

What sort of timeframe did your dealer give you when you ordered? I know that mine cautioned me extensively that it could take upwards of 14-16 weeks in some circumstances (not including the July shutdown that Ford had).
Old 8/24/13, 04:26 PM
MD1
GT Member

Originally Posted by JDMontana
Deysha, my answer is this. Dealer will need to compensate me for this wait and make it right. My rebates at time of order were 1500, now it's $2000, and on Sep 4 it will be ????. If FORD offers me ANYTHING less than $2000 then I will not be buying this car or any car from FORD PERIOD EVER. Ford also needs to make this right. I don't car about buying it anymore.
This guy sounds like a broken record.

We've all heard your sob story several times. We get it. Unlucky.

Put up or shut up.
Old 8/24/13, 07:50 PM

OMG! Deysha is a rock star!

Ordered at dealer: 8/1 (my sales guy was out 7/31...good grief)
VIN Date??? : Got it the same time as the window sticker from Deysha
Window Sticker: 8/19/13
Blend Date: 8/26/13 (Monday!!! WooHoo! Hope my line workers didn't party too hard, haha!)
Build Date: (Projected same as blend date) Deysha says 3-5 days to completion
Projected Delivery: 9/28/2013

Specs (again, because I may actually believe it if I keep typing it....)
2014 GT Premium Coupe
Deep Impact Blue
402A California Special Package
Black accent stripes
Auto trans
Comfort package

I am one lucky fellow.....

Sorry to keep posting. Hope you all get cars as quickly as me! I am so so so pumped!

Scott

Last edited by ScottMoore96; 8/26/13 at 10:05 AM. Reason: Added paint color
Old 8/24/13, 08:17 PM
LCC
V6 Member

Originally Posted by WhatAMajesticMooseThatIs
What sort of timeframe did your dealer give you when you ordered? I know that mine cautioned me extensively that it could take upwards of 14-16 weeks in some circumstances (not including the July shutdown that Ford had).

In my case they told me 6 to 8 weeks. The salesman doesn't know anything about what's going on. Because my purchases are used with a employee code, I chose one of the biggest dealers to make sure they had a good allocation with ordering.

Like I have said, Deysha has made this bearable . Because I have an idea where the process has stalled. We can complain but what will it do. Just have to wait it out...
Old 8/24/13, 08:19 PM
LCC
V6 Member

OMG! Deysha is a rock star!

Ordered at dealer: 8/1 (my sales guy was out 7/31...good grief)
VIN Date??? : Got it the same time as the window sticker from Deysha
Window Sticker: 8/19/13
Blend Date: 8/26/13 (Monday!!! WooHoo! Hope my line workers didn't party too hard, haha!)
Build Date: (Projected same as blend date) Deysha says 3-5 days to completion
Projected Delivery: 9/28/2013

Specs (again, because I may actually believe it if I keep typing it....)
2014 GT Premium Coupe
402A California Special Package
Black accent stripes
Auto trans
Comfort package

I am one lucky fellow.....

Sorry to keep posting. Hope you all get cars as quickly as me! I am so so so pumped!

Scott

Humm. What color?
Old 8/24/13, 08:48 PM

New baby arrived...and she's a beauty!

Well, my beautiful Mustang came this past week...I've been too busy enjoying it and taking care of the rest of my life that this is my first chance to post some pics.

I can't seem to get them to show up here, so you can see the photo album here:
https://www.dropbox.com/sc/w3z75x2kp1kx4gv/B3sLOqMeqV

Specs:
2014 V6 Premium Coupe
Deep Impact Blue, Stone interior, silver stripe
Glass Roof
Pony Package
Electronics Package with Navigation
Comfort Package
Reverse Sensing and Security Package
Rear View Camera

Many thanks to Deysha for her insider knowledge and support! Thanks also to this great online community for your enthusiasm and encouragement, especially through the long 2.5-month wait for my new car (totally worth the wait). And thanks to Ford for making such a legendary car! This beast rocks (even with a humble V6)!

I also had a great experience with the Ford Store at Morgan Hill. Got a great price on the car ($2750 under invoice, all told), the salesman kept me up-to-date on the expected delivery date, he drove up to the Bay Area and freed it from the lot it was sitting on so I could get it a few days early (didn't have to wait two more days for the truck delivery), they invited me to test-drive it as soon as I got to the dealership (and before we got to any paperwork and before it was properly washed and de-stickered), they honored the $750 brochure coupon I brought in that I didn't have when I ordered it, the finance guy got me a better rate than I walked in with and spared me from GAP insurance I didn't need, they washed it and filled it with a full tank of gas before they sent me on my way, the crew stayed past closing to complete my transaction, and my salesman has called me a couple times since then to make sure I'm enjoying the car and am completely satisfied with my purchasing experience. In fact, when I asked him about dealership allocations and whether that would possibly delay the delivery of my car, he didn't have a clue to what I was talking about. So I got to send a shout out to them, especially with all the dealership horror stories I hear from folks on this forum, so if you get a chance to buy a car from them, I expect you'll have a good experience.

Cheers, everyone!

Last edited by hotwheels71; 8/24/13 at 09:09 PM.
Old 8/24/13, 09:52 PM

Originally Posted by MD1
This guy sounds like a broken record.

We've all heard your sob story several times. We get it. Unlucky.

Put up or shut up.
I was responding to messages not creating new ones, I believe I made my point. I will not be buying this as it stands, the whole situation was B.S. and nothing to do with luck. If you have something relevent to contribute, then great.

Quick Reply: 2014 Ordered/Built/Delivered Thread