2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}

2014 Ordered/Built/Delivered Thread

Search this Thread

Old 8/21/13, 09:13 PM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by IronHorse
next time skip the BS and find one you like at a local dealer. F ordering from the factory.
That's a difficult task when you have something very specific in mind.
Old 8/21/13, 10:51 PM

According to what I'm told dealer allocations have nothing to do with retail orders, but the priority was input wrong and should have been 10. Ive custumed ordered 4 prior vehicles , the last 2 from dodge in less than 30 days. Ford order fulfillment process and customer help process is broken. In any case I'm not reordering and likely not accepting the car built last week either. I doubt that 2015 will have the grabber blue color and getting that car i ordered in may, or any ford no longer appeals to me..
Old 8/22/13, 07:12 AM
GT Member

Well, that sucks. Hope you find better luck with your next purchase.
Old 8/22/13, 07:56 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by JDMontana
According to what I'm told dealer allocations have nothing to do with retail orders, but the priority was input wrong and should have been 10. Ive custumed ordered 4 prior vehicles , the last 2 from dodge in less than 30 days. Ford order fulfillment process and customer help process is broken. In any case I'm not reordering and likely not accepting the car built last week either. I doubt that 2015 will have the grabber blue color and getting that car i ordered in may, or any ford no longer appeals to me..
Sorry to hear that. That is definitely not cool. The dealer should try to compensate you some way, without penalty to your deposit. I wonder if the dealer can do a search for a mustang that is in the lot with your options.
Old 8/22/13, 10:06 AM

This is a feel good car, after 15 weeks it no longer feels good. Being the last person in the world to have thier order filled tainted this good feeling and the car. I had a dealer invoice price but that's of no value anymore. Plus they apparently failed to update the order and the factory remote start option was omitted. The contract is null and void and I will be getting my full deposit back. If Ford and the Dealer want me as a customer then they need to make it right, money isn't the real issue here, it's the feeling of being treated properly. I made enough calls so that this could have been avoided. I can offer this advice to you all, if you make a custom order make sure your priority is 10!
Old 8/22/13, 10:08 AM

Retail orders are subject to a dealer's allocation. That said, dealer's on good terms with their district reps can sometimes obtain an extra allocation for a retail order.

Your dealer (but not necessarily your salesperson...) would have definitely been aware of their allocation status and should have had a very good idea when when your car was going to be scheduled for production. Definitely an issue between you and your dealer.
Old 8/22/13, 10:39 AM

I agree my dealer was upfront about the allocation issue
Thankfully he had a Shelby and mustang allocation
Feel bad that the joy of getting the car is gone
Hope that they can compensate and give a lower price
To make up for the wait and the errors JDMontana..

Got a note from deshya that mine should be at the dealer by
9/22 1 month from today
Old 8/22/13, 10:49 AM

How in the heck did you get a 2104 Mustang so quickly?

Old 8/22/13, 12:33 PM

Originally Posted by ScottMoore96
How in the heck did you get a 2104 Mustang so quickly?

woops ill fix that
thanks
Old 8/22/13, 02:26 PM

Originally Posted by sm267
Retail orders are subject to a dealer's allocation. That said, dealer's on good terms with their district reps can sometimes obtain an extra allocation for a retail order.

Your dealer (but not necessarily your salesperson...) would have definitely been aware of their allocation status and should have had a very good idea when when your car was going to be scheduled for production. Definitely an issue between you and your dealer.
After I said i am ready to cancel the district rep was contacted and the priority changed to 10 unfortunately they waiting to long and my order didnt get picked up until the factory restarted. All of this dealer allocations and other stuff should be more transparent. It's not right to be keep in the dark about your order.
Old 8/22/13, 02:57 PM
Cobra Member

After I said i am ready to cancel the district rep was contacted and the priority changed to 10 unfortunately they waiting to long and my order didnt get picked up until the factory restarted. All of this dealer allocations and other stuff should be more transparent. It's not right to be keep in the dark about your order.
2K off, remote start installed and free install of Ford racing handling pack! ........ok I don't know if you want to do mods but definitely the first two! That's the least they can do. You situation is just freakin' ridiculous. I don't understand why there system is so messed up for custom orders. Where its the dealer or Ford they need to get it figured out collective to make it better. Mines sat at the factory for 3 weeks after it was done vefore it shipped (which took 2 weeks) and no one could tell me why!
Old 8/22/13, 04:02 PM

You're right, it should be more transparent. The dealer I have done business with the last 15 years has always been very up front with me about ordering timelines, which is why I give them my business. I have been ordering vehicles for 35 years, and it has not always been that way, however. Learn the process, know what questions to ask, and you will be a lot less likely to be surprised.

Be aware too, the average line salesperson is likely to know as little about the ordering process as the customer. It is a very tough business, with a rapid rate of turnover for line sales people. Along the same lines, not many sales managers are going to tell a customer they have exhausted their allocation for the vehicle in question for the next three months and risk losing the sale to another dealer.

Again, develop relationships and educate yourself about the process. You should be asking your dealer what their allocation status was at the time of your order. While Ford will not normally interject themselves in the transaction between dealer and retail customer, they are not likely to tolerate unsavory business practices.
Old 8/22/13, 05:19 PM

Most of my dealings were directly with the sales manager, my salesman no longer works there. The deal was more or less struck directly with him. The dealer profit is only 900 since my deal was invoice to begin with. So losing 2k isn't going to happen. I like your thinking, and appreciate your support. Ajcruz1 I think I will quote "freakin ridiculous" its spot on

Last edited by JDMontana; 8/22/13 at 05:58 PM.
Old 8/22/13, 07:17 PM
MD1
GT Member

Car arrived today. Asked for it not to be dealer prepped since its heading to a detail shop to get some stripes.

Deysha - thank you for all your help. You're a blessing to Ford and its customers.

Cheers.
Attached Thumbnails 2014 Ordered/Built/Delivered Thread-image-2426750805.jpg   2014 Ordered/Built/Delivered Thread-image-3593067545.jpg   2014 Ordered/Built/Delivered Thread-image-1721945837.jpg   2014 Ordered/Built/Delivered Thread-image-345763512.jpg  
Old 8/22/13, 08:44 PM
GT Member

I love your plate. I could do a BYEGLI (car previous to my CC RLine)
Old 8/22/13, 09:18 PM
MD1
GT Member

Originally Posted by ustabawannab
I love your plate. I could do a BYEGLI (car previous to my CC RLine)
VW owners don't seem to appreciate it
Old 8/23/13, 07:44 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
I do not need a Mustang buried in the snow or one to move all winter when I need to plow, or pay insurance on, and make payments on while it losses value....
I understand, JDMontana. The plant being down for a month sure added into those 18 weeks. The order banks normally don’t close until the end of the year, so you have time. Let me know what you decide to do.

Originally Posted by wrhin
Thanks FullRide14, looks like I'll be getting details soon.
Working on it, wrhin.

Originally Posted by johncarlopang
i got my window sticker today blend date is 8/26. how much longer will i wait.... :<
That info should be in the last PM I sent you, johncarlopang. Be sure to PM me for updates.

Originally Posted by GHIG'14
Well, another swing and a miss on my 8/20 ETA. Think I am done caring, maybe I will still feel like having a new car when it finally decides to arrive. Pm'ed Deysha two days ago but no response, I know she is busy so no worries there but my dealer just says "I'll call you when it hits the lot"...
Congrats on your new ride, GHIG’14! It arrived on Wednesday. Be sure to call your dealer.

Originally Posted by MD1
Deysha, would you be kind enough to confirm that my car has arrived at the dealership?
Thank you.
Originally Posted by MD1
Car arrived today. Asked for it not to be dealer prepped since its heading to a detail shop to get some stripes.

Deysha - thank you for all your help. You're a blessing to Ford and its customers.
Congrats, MD1!! You're very welcome!

Originally Posted by sm267
From order to delivery was right at 10 weeks; just about average when figuring in the July plant shutdown. It seems once the rail cars transfer to the Union Pacific in Illinois, they make it to the So Cal terminal in just 3-4 days.

Big thanks to Deysha for answering any inquiries about the production and shipping status. Between her and my dealer, I was kept in the loop throughout the entire process.
You’re welcome, sm267! Enjoy it!

Deysha
Old 8/23/13, 08:29 AM
V6 Member

Since the summer incentives ($1000/matching down) are done on 9/3, and I take delivery on 9/4, the dealer says I only get rebates that are available at time of delivery. When I placed the order there was $2000 in rebates.....that's gonna suck.
Old 8/23/13, 08:36 AM

Originally Posted by rcliff1
Since the summer incentives ($1000/matching down) are done on 9/3, and I take delivery on 9/4, the dealer says I only get rebates that are available at time of delivery. When I placed the order there was $2000 in rebates.....that's gonna suck.
My dealer gave me the incentives in effect at the time, in writing, and said that they and Ford honor the incentives in effect when you order....at the time of delivery, no matter when.

I'd check with your dealer and Deysha about this. Good luck!
Old 8/23/13, 09:10 AM

Ounce your unit is built how long before it it Relesed & shipped.
My 2014 Shelby was built on 8/13/13,My DORA was on 12/7/12,Deposit on 11/30/12.
Just wondering.

Last edited by jOSEPH r. fONTENOT; 8/23/13 at 09:11 AM.

Quick Reply: 2014 Ordered/Built/Delivered Thread