The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums (https://themustangsource.com/forums/)
-   Midwest (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f642/)
-   -   Midwest TMS'ers General Communication Thread (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f642/midwest-tmsers-general-communication-thread-459585/)

red454 5/31/08 03:36 PM

Well, I sort of like the nice blue / purple tint it gives it. Should match his car.:jester:

70MACH1OWNER 5/31/08 04:14 PM

Originally Posted by red454 (Post 5576521)
Well, I sort of like the nice blue / purple tint it gives it. Should match his car.:jester:

Yeah ...but them vinyl:jester: strips won't like that blue wrench much!!

tom281 5/31/08 04:19 PM

Originally Posted by 70MACH1OWNER (Post 5576469)
Hey Chris...won't that blue wrench mess up the chrome?:jester:

Originally Posted by red454 (Post 5576521)

To quote Samuel L. Jackson: "HA HA, very funny mutha F'ers!".....

Well atleast today turned out to be somewhat productive. I removed all of the vinyl from the back 1/2 of the car today and replaced with new. And I managed to wrap my GT500 spoiler all in one piece, something that I was unable to do last year (Ford uses two pieces too). Dang, my car has a nice butt when it's all shiny. :nice:

Glenn 5/31/08 05:19 PM

Yo great weather day today

dly 5/31/08 07:12 PM

A Photo shoot????

I just looked at the Brenspeed catalog that I got yesterday and some Fugly ugly Blue Mustang is on the cover.:dunno::hail:

dly 5/31/08 07:17 PM

I would thank that the Brenspeed Poster boy would buy from Brenspeed. In the catalog they have a whole set of Steeda Chrome Locking Lug Nut Set for 34.95 minus your discount. Each lug nut is a locking one.

frdtch05gt 5/31/08 09:13 PM

This was the first time I had this car run on the dyno, overall it went very well. The numbers were 283 hp and 300 tq. The air/fuel looks really good though, nice flat line right where it should be. It was reading right around 13.4 from the tailpipe, so it is probably more like 12.8 or so before the cats. Not bad for a mail order tune. Bamachips rocks! :jester:

tom281 5/31/08 09:35 PM

Originally Posted by dly (Post 5576634)
I just looked at the Brenspeed catalog that I got yesterday and some Fugly ugly Blue Mustang is on the cover.:dunno::hail:

I took that photo myself for the catalog....... There's a pro coming to town for the magazine.

Originally Posted by dly (Post 5576638)
I would thank that the Brenspeed Poster boy would buy from Brenspeed. In the catalog they have a whole set of Steeda Chrome Locking Lug Nut Set for 34.95 minus your discount. Each lug nut is a locking one.

These came on the car....... Come to think of it, our Aspen has some too.

Originally Posted by frdtch05gt (Post 5576677)
This was the first time I had this car run on the dyno, overall it went very well. The numbers were 283 hp and 300 tq. The air/fuel looks really good though, nice flat line right where it should be. It was reading right around 13.4 from the tailpipe, so it is probably more like 12.8 or so before the cats. Not bad for a mail order tune. Bamachips rocks! :jester:

Good numbers! :nice:

Stoenr 6/1/08 12:21 AM

Originally Posted by dly (Post 5576634)
A Photo shoot????

Yeah, why is it everything I get from Brenspeed has to have that Fugly Blue Mustang on it?

tom281 6/1/08 05:28 AM

Because blue is the fastest color. :jester:

70MACH1OWNER 6/1/08 05:36 AM

Originally Posted by frdtch05gt (Post 5576677)

Good numbers Justin. :nice: When I was running Doug tune the car pulled very hard. What was the name of the place you had it dynoed at?

Glenn 6/1/08 05:48 AM

Originally Posted by tom281 (Post 5576816)
Because blue is the fastest color. :jester:

NO WAY :screwy::)

tom281 6/1/08 09:38 AM

OK Glenn...... maybe you're right.

Let me revise my statement: Blue is the fastest color- in this thread. :nice:

:jester:

Glenn 6/1/08 05:04 PM

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

red454 6/1/08 06:15 PM

Funnies for the day -

Number one -

UCLA STUDY (VERY INTERESTING & SHORT)

A study worth sharing with friends both male and female:

A study conducted by UCLA's Department of Psychiatry has revealed that the kind of face a woman finds attractive on a man can differ depending on where she is in her menstrual cycle.

For example: If she is ovulating, she is attracted to men with rugged and masculine features. However, if she is menstruating, or menopausal, she tends to be more attracted to a man with duct tape over his mouth and a spear lodged in his chest while he is on fire.

No further studies are expected.

And number two -

I was walking past the mental hospital the other day and all the patients were shouting, '13....13....13.....'

The fence was too high to see over, but I saw a little gap in the planks and looked through to see what was going on.

Some bastard poked me in the eye with a stick.

Then they all started shouting, '14....14....14....'

Stoenr 6/1/08 11:04 PM

Haha. Like the last one.

By the time some of you read this, Ill be doing 120 on the front stretch, ready to dive into a horseshoe turn :metal:

Yup you guessed it. Road course day at Autobahn Country Club on the 3.5 miles, 21 turn, 40ft wide track!
Cant sleep, to excited to try the new suspension out this year.

70MACH1OWNER 6/2/08 04:22 AM

Originally Posted by Stoenr (Post 5577242)
Haha. Like the last one.

By the time some of you read this, Ill be doing 120 on the front stretch, ready to dive into a horseshoe turn :metal:

Yup you guessed it. Road course day at Autobahn Country Club on the 3.5 miles, 21 turn, 40ft wide track!

This sounds like fun.

frdtch05gt 6/2/08 05:18 AM

Originally Posted by 70MACH1OWNER (Post 5576817)
Good numbers Justin. :nice: When I was running Doug tune the car pulled very hard. What was the name of the place you had it dynoed at?

The shop is called Modern Muscle. This was their open house, they had food there for everyone too.

tom281 6/2/08 05:40 AM

Originally Posted by red454 (Post 5577105)
Funnies for the day -
And number two -

hahahaa, that's funny stuff :nice:

Haha. Like the last one.

Have fun man!

Glenn 6/2/08 11:23 AM

Originally Posted by red454 (Post 5577105)
Funnies for the day -

Number one -

UCLA STUDY (VERY INTERESTING & SHORT)

A study worth sharing with friends both male and female:

A study conducted by UCLA's Department of Psychiatry has revealed that the kind of face a woman finds attractive on a man can differ depending on where she is in her menstrual cycle.

For example: If she is ovulating, she is attracted to men with rugged and masculine features. However, if she is menstruating, or menopausal, she tends to be more attracted to a man with duct tape over his mouth and a spear lodged in his chest while he is on fire.

No further studies are expected.

And number two -

I was walking past the mental hospital the other day and all the patients were shouting, '13....13....13.....'

The fence was too high to see over, but I saw a little gap in the planks and looked through to see what was going on.

Some bastard poked me in the eye with a stick.

good stuff lol

Glenn 6/2/08 11:24 AM

Haha. Like the last one.

better stuff :nice::nice:

1. This forum requires that you wait 30 seconds between posts. Please try again in 7 seconds.

dly 6/2/08 06:40 PM

When I install the headers should I install better motor mounts ?????

70MACH1OWNER 6/2/08 06:44 PM

Originally Posted by dly (Post 5577717)

I am not sure I would do it with the shorties Darrell. Maybe Tom will chime in but the only advantage would be to keep them from rubbing the steering shaft.

tom281 6/2/08 06:59 PM

Originally Posted by dly (Post 5577717)

Originally Posted by 70MACH1OWNER (Post 5577719)
I am not sure I would do it with the shorties Darrell. Maybe Tom will chime in but the only advantage would be to keep them from rubbing the steering shaft.

I would..... you're already going to be in there anyway and likely will have to remove the stock mounts anyway. Plus the Prothane mounts (at their normal, un-cut, height) will give you more clearance from the shaft. When I cut my Prothanes down, I lost the clearance that I gained.

Hey speaking of which, Darrell you may need to cut them down if you decide to install them, since you have a Saleen blower like mine. My blower was hitting the hood insulation when using the Prothanes at their normal height. You can cut them down, or order them from www.teamjdm.com already cut down.

dly 6/2/08 07:00 PM

Originally Posted by 70MACH1OWNER (Post 5577719)

Well the directions from Mustang Monthly say it is easier to remove the stock ones to get the headers install. I can buy the Prothane ones for about $150. Also do them raise or lower the motor???

tom281 6/2/08 07:03 PM

Please see previous post LOL...... :p

70MACH1OWNER 6/2/08 07:07 PM

Originally Posted by dly (Post 5577731)
Well the directions from Mustang Monthly say it is easier to remove the stock ones to get the headers install. I can buy the Prothane ones for about $150. Also do them raise or lower the motor???

Didn't say it was a bad idea I said I didn't think it was necessary. But like Tom said you are going to be there and have the stockers removed. So for the money. Go for it!:nice:

dly 6/2/08 07:12 PM

Originally Posted by 70MACH1OWNER (Post 5577737)
Didn't say it was a bad idea I said I didn't think it was necessary. But like Tom said you are going to be there and have the stockers removed. So for the money. Go for it!:nice:

Also do them raise or lower the motor???

tom281 6/2/08 07:16 PM

Originally Posted by dly (Post 5577740)
Also do them raise or lower the motor???

Did you add me to your ignore list? :jester: The Prothanes will raise your engine around 1/4".

dly 6/2/08 07:21 PM

I hear somebody talking but I don't see them:dunno::jester:

You posted right before I did and I didn't scroll up???

Also I took my hood liner out but I don't want to raise my motor any any all.

tom281 6/2/08 07:22 PM

Then buy the Prothanes from JDM, or cut them down around 3/8" yourself. :nice:

dly 6/2/08 07:36 PM

Originally Posted by tom281 (Post 5577746)
Then buy the Prothanes from JDM, or cut them down around 3/8" yourself. :nice:

Whats the best way to cut them down??

aircare84 6/2/08 08:11 PM

Send them to Scott, he can mill them down for you.:nice:
I'm going to cut mine down on the bandsaw, can also use a hacksaw with a fine-tooth blade,then sand or file smooth.

70MACH1OWNER 6/3/08 04:25 AM

Hey Darrell,
When are you planning to do the shorties and mounts? Before or after Dubin in 3 weeks? If it's after just drop ship the Prothanes to me and I will mill them down and give them to you at Dubin.
Scott

dly 6/3/08 11:34 AM

Well I wanted to start the install this Friday and finish it Saturday. So anyway to DIY the cut. I do have access to a Hoizional Band saw at work. and I have some cut off tools here at home.

70MACH1OWNER 6/3/08 11:46 AM

Originally Posted by dly (Post 5578080)
Well I wanted to start the install this Friday and finish it Saturday. So anyway to DIY the cut. I do have access to a Hoizional Band saw at work. and I have some cut off tools here at home.

Do you have a lathe at work? That would be the way I would do them at work. The Prothane are round on the bottom end. Easy to chuck on.

dly 6/3/08 12:36 PM

Originally Posted by 70MACH1OWNER (Post 5578085)
Do you have a lathe at work? That would be the way I would do them at work. The Prothane are round on the bottom end. Easy to chuck on.

No lathe, what is the material of the mounts... Aluminum????

70MACH1OWNER 6/3/08 02:34 PM

Originally Posted by dly (Post 5578106)
No lathe, what is the material of the mounts... Aluminum????

Yes aluminum.

70MACH1OWNER 6/4/08 03:29 AM

Morning Guys,
3.25 inches of rain over night and still raining down here. They say 2-3 more inches today. Anybody got an boat?
http://www.weather.com/weather/map/i...animation=true

frdtch05gt 6/4/08 05:09 AM

We got rained on pretty hard yesterday too around lunch time. The heavy rain and reduced visibility caused a few nasty accidents on I-90. I'm glad I wasn't mixed up in that traffic mess.

Glenn 6/4/08 05:31 AM

http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x...gif/norris.gif

70MACH1OWNER 6/4/08 04:28 PM

Originally Posted by Glenn (Post 5578494)

Again I have to ask Glenn...where do you find this stuff? I always loved Chuck Norris. My best friend in highschool was named Chuck Norris. But he is fat, bald and looks more like dumbo the clown now. :p

red454 6/4/08 05:53 PM

That almost looks like Clint Eastwood...

Glenn 6/4/08 06:21 PM

Originally Posted by 70MACH1OWNER (Post 5578900)
Again I have to ask Glenn...where do you find this stuff? I always loved Chuck Norris. My best friend in highschool was named Chuck Norris. But he is fat, bald and looks more like dumbo the clown now. :p

I visit several other forums I am a bigposstWhore on one of them. They allow us to have a pw thread so some one is always posting something stupid :jester:

GrnT 6/4/08 06:22 PM

Originally Posted by red454 (Post 5578948)
That almost looks like Clint Eastwood...

Thats what I thought..

Glenn 6/4/08 06:24 PM

Glenn
FR500 Member

http://forums.bradbarnett.net/image....ine=1171142011

Glenn
06 LL GT
Lockport

codeman94 6/4/08 06:25 PM

I'd like to see that sissy Clint Eastwood shoot guns like that one.....Clint Eastwood?..CLINT EASTWOOD???

70MACH1OWNER 6/4/08 06:41 PM

Originally Posted by GrnT (Post 5578971)
Thats what I thought..

Hi Mark,
Welcome to the Midwest forum!! I don't remember you posting here before but I am the old dude here and I forget things easily. :jester: Don't be a stranger!!
Scott:nice:

GrnT 6/4/08 07:46 PM

Originally Posted by 70MACH1OWNER (Post 5578982)
Hi Mark,
Welcome to the Midwest forum!! I don't remember you posting here before but I am the old dude here and I forget things easily. :jester: Don't be a stranger!!
Scott:nice:

Thanks for the welcome. Always read this thread. Will post more often. :)

dly 6/4/08 07:58 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Welcome GrnT, I run a close second to the old guy contest.

Well I did a Tom on my motor mounts, A Sawall with a fine metal blade plus about 15 minutes will a mill file. I'm almost set for for the install.

Need opinions on a idea for any future shows. Look at the following picture, I'm looking for removing decals like these I can take on and off.

Attachment 59182

Also those Aero tips are on Back order, tried to talk the owner into getting me the first set they get so I can get them on before the Ohio show.

tom281 6/5/08 03:03 PM

Wow a whole day with no posts........

Stoenr 6/5/08 03:10 PM

Summers here!

70MACH1OWNER 6/5/08 03:22 PM

Originally Posted by dly (Post 5579023)
Welcome GrnT, I run a close second to the old guy contest.

Well I did a Tom on my motor mounts, A Sawall with a fine metal blade plus about 15 minutes will a mill file. I'm almost set for for the install.

Need opinions on a idea for any future shows. Look at the following picture, I'm looking for removing decals like these I can take on and off.

[ATTACH]59182[/ATTAC

Also those Aero tips are on Back order, tried to talk the owner into getting me the first set they get so I can get them on before the Ohio show.

Those are a little over the top for my personal tastes but as long as they are peel and stick. I would want to see them in person before making a final judgement.

Originally Posted by tom281 (Post 5579578)
Wow a whole day with no posts........

Yeah...I've been working. Where have you been.:jester:

Originally Posted by Stoenr (Post 5579582)
Summers here!

Yes it seems to be. 89 degrees now and supposed to be 93 tomorrow. Maybe that will help dry up the 4.7 inches of rain I got in the last 2 days.

codeman94 6/5/08 03:35 PM

Its getting too hot around here...my AC blew the breaker last night!

tom281 6/5/08 07:08 PM

Originally Posted by codeman94 (Post 5579597)

:doh: New house, new problems..... :banghead:

70MACH1OWNER 6/5/08 07:14 PM

Originally Posted by codeman94 (Post 5579597)

Ha Ha ha...Yeah Cody that will stop the day you sell the house or the day you die. :confused: You choice I guess. Just get used to it. It won't go away!!:banghead:

codeman94 6/5/08 07:15 PM

yeah...I was wondering about how to have it fixed...guess there really isnt anything you can do?

70MACH1OWNER 6/5/08 07:26 PM

Originally Posted by codeman94 (Post 5579699)
yeah...I was wondering about how to have it fixed...guess there really isnt anything you can do?

Don't you have some kind of warranty of something left that you can draw on??

dly 6/5/08 07:59 PM

What size are the stock exhaust manfold bolts???

aircare84 6/5/08 08:03 PM

Hit 89 here today, low 90's next 2 days. Getting me prepared,I'm off to Orlando on Monday for a week...work. Will get to visit my oldest son,so I don't mind even though I'll be away on my B-day.

Tried to install my prothene mounts in tonight...no go. You HAVE to remove the engine-to-motor mount pieces(those large aluminum pieces) to remove the stockers. You just can't jack the motor up high enough to get the hydro-mounts out. I'll take it into the hanger on Sat & get them installed then.
I did cut mine down 1/4" on a bandsaw & then polished up afterwards, piece of cake.

Did get the sequentials & front black corner lenses in the other day.

Scott,
For the upcoming show in Dublin, I'll probably be stopping by Friday after work & then go in again on Sat.

aircare84 6/5/08 08:04 PM

Hit 89 here today, low 90's next 2 days. Getting me prepared,I'm off to Orlando on Monday for a week...work. Will get to visit my oldest son,so I don't mind even though I'll be away on my B-day.

Tried to install my prothene mounts in tonight...no go. :bad:You HAVE to remove the engine-to-motor mount pieces(those large aluminum pieces) to remove the stockers. You just can't jack the motor up high enough to get the hydro-mounts out. I'll take it into the hanger on Sat & get them installed then.
I did cut mine down 1/4" on a bandsaw & then polished up afterwards, piece of cake.

Did get the sequentials & front black corner lenses in the other day.:jester:

Scott,
For the upcoming show in Dublin, I'll probably be stopping by Friday after work & then go in again on Sat.

Tom,
Since you're now a moderator:hail:, is the site getting bogged down lately?
Some days I can't get in, not my connection,everywhere else, bam I'm in & up right now, but here it either takes a bit or just not @ all. As an example, I've tried 3 times to submit this reply & no go????

Mark,
Welcome & lets hear from you some:nice:

dly, the actual studs or the nuts? Nuts are 13mm.

aircare84 6/5/08 08:08 PM

Tom,
Tried 3 times to post,nothing happened.Opened a new window, couldn't get back onto site. Now I've got 3 posts. This is the problem I've been having here on & off for the past week.
The site seems to hang real bad @ times.

tom281 6/5/08 09:24 PM

It is hanging really bad at times........ seems like alot of it started when they added the gallery, which is now hosting like 10,000+ pictures.

BlownPony306 6/5/08 09:54 PM

Hey everyone. Not real new to the site but I haven't posted a whole lot either. I am in Iowa. Wondering where some good places in the Midwest to go for tuning. Unfortunately I cant find anything in state. Willing to drive for someone good. Oh I have an xCal2 if that makes a difference.

Dougxox 6/5/08 10:06 PM

Originally Posted by BlownPony306 (Post 5579786)
Hey everyone. Not real new to the site but I haven't posted a whole lot either. I am in Iowa. Wondering where some good places in the Midwest to go for tuning. Unfortunately I cant find anything in state. Willing to drive for someone good. Oh I have an xCal2 if that makes a difference.

You can get a great caned tune from either Bamatunes or Brenspeed. Or set up a dyno day and get Doug from Bama to come up and do a group, thats what a group of us in St. Louis did last year, great time. Nice feeling to have a custom tune from either one of those guys.:nice:

ov3n 6/5/08 10:22 PM

Why do people cut the prothanes down by 1/4"?

Dougxox 6/5/08 10:30 PM

Originally Posted by ov3n (Post 5579800)

Huh:dunno:

aircare84 6/6/08 04:32 AM

Originally Posted by ov3n (Post 5579800)

Most of us that trim them down do it because we have Shaker scoops installed. With the prothenes, the engine is actually raised 1/4 - 3/8" & it will cause the Shaker to rub on the trim ring on the hood.

aircare84 6/6/08 04:38 AM

Originally Posted by dly (Post 5579735)
What size are the stock exhaust manfold bolts???

dly,
The actual studs are a M8 x 1.25mm thread pitch.The hex on the end of the stud was either 5 or 5.5mm.

tom281 6/6/08 06:05 AM

Originally Posted by BlownPony306 (Post 5579786)
Hey everyone.........

Originally Posted by Dougxox (Post 5579794)
You can get a great caned tune from either Bamatunes or Brenspeed. Or set up a dyno day and get Doug from Bama to come up and do a group, thats what a group of us in St. Louis did last year, great time. Nice feeling to have a custom tune from either one of those guys.:nice:

Hey you two, come around more often! Don't let &70MACH1OWNER scare you away..... :jester:

Originally Posted by aircare84 (Post 5579886)
Most of us that trim them down do it because we have Shaker scoops installed. With the prothenes, the engine is actually raised 1/4 - 3/8" & it will cause the Shaker to rub on the trim ring on the hood.

+1. :nice:

Glenn 6/6/08 09:01 AM

soooooooooo hows it going

Stoenr 6/6/08 09:15 AM

It's going.........to be a day to take off my rotorpros rotors because the fronts have cracks. :(

70MACH1OWNER 6/6/08 09:16 AM

Originally Posted by Stoenr (Post 5579981)
It's going.........to be a day to take off my rotorpros rotors because the fronts have cracks. :(

Hey John,
Is that because of your track run this past week?

70MACH1OWNER 6/6/08 09:18 AM

Originally Posted by aircare84 (Post 5579745)

Tried to install my prothene mounts in tonight...no go. :bad:You HAVE to remove the engine-to-motor mount pieces(those large aluminum pieces) to remove the stockers. You just can't jack the motor up high enough to get the hydro-mounts out. I'll take it into the hanger on Sat & get them installed then.

Did get the sequentials & front black corner lenses in the other day.:jester:

Scott,

Tom,
Since you're now a moderator:hail:, is the site getting bogged down lately?
Some days I can't get in, not my connection,everywhere else, bam I'm in & up right now, but here it either takes a bit or just not @ all. As an example, I've tried 3 times to submit this reply & no go????

Mark,
Welcome & lets hear from you some:nice:

dly, the actual studs or the nuts? Nuts are 13mm.

Hey Larry,
Any guess what time on Sat. things get started? I was thinking of being there around 10AM.

Stoenr 6/6/08 09:21 AM

Originally Posted by 70MACH1OWNER (Post 5579984)
Hey John,
Is that because of your track run this past week?

I would have to say yes.

tom281 6/6/08 09:37 AM

ouchee on the brakee :bad:

aircare84 6/6/08 05:05 PM

Originally Posted by 70MACH1OWNER (Post 5579985)
Hey Larry,
Any guess what time on Sat. things get started? I was thinking of being there around 10AM.

Don't know as of yet Scott. I'll let you know when I find out.
You going to bring out that green machine:poke:

70MACH1OWNER 6/6/08 05:55 PM

Originally Posted by aircare84 (Post 5580163)
Don't know as of yet Scott. I'll let you know when I find out.
You going to bring out that green machine:poke:

That is totally weather related!!!!!!!:dunno:

Stoenr 6/7/08 12:03 AM

Please Pay

Someone decided to rip off the Please Pay First sign. I got a good laugh.

http://www.06gt.com/Misc/pleasepay.jpg

70MACH1OWNER 6/7/08 05:05 AM

Good one John!:confused: On a different subject. Is it my imagination or are the bugs bigger and juicier this year.:banghead: Washed the car last night and drove to work this morning and it looks like the front of the car and windshield has been paint balled. Geez.

dly 6/7/08 03:11 PM

Wow is this site slow today and hard to get on. Well the Headers are on with a leak on the Driver's side. Retighen all the header bolts and I think it's the header to h-pipe connection. Ran out of time so back into the garage it when. I will try to readjust the connection and buy some Ultra Copper Silicone to help make the seal and try again Monday. Any other ideas?????:confused:

ov3n 6/7/08 03:35 PM

Originally Posted by aircare84 (Post 5579886)

Well good info! Since I've got a shaker sitting in my garage I guess I'd better trim down the prothane mounts before I install them and my headers... thanks! :jester:

tom281 6/7/08 06:31 PM

Originally Posted by dly (Post 5580488)
Wow is this site slow today and hard to get on. Well the Headers are on with a leak on the Driver's side. Retighen all the header bolts and I think it's the header to h-pipe connection. Ran out of time so back into the garage it when. I will try to readjust the connection and buy some Ultra Copper Silicone to help make the seal and try again Monday. Any other ideas?????:confused:

Do you mean the factory H or an off-road H? If it's the off-road, loosen the middle clamp connection and move the leaking side around a tad so that it's seated better to the header. If you having trouble with the factory H, yank it and install an off-road H. :poke:

Well there were two tornados in town last night, one of which was spotted within eyesight of our house. We lost 2 big limbs to a couple of our trees, a bunch of shingles, and other slight damage. Overall they never effectively touched down so most of us just had basically high (very high) wind damage.

Spent 5 hours today cleaning/waxing/polishing..... the photographer is driving down from Detroit at 3am and will be here at 6am to begin the photoshoot. He said to be prepared for an all day, sun up to sun down event, so I may or may not post on here again until tomorrow night.

Stoenr 6/7/08 06:45 PM

Tornados around me too. S. Burbs of Chicago got whacked pretty good.

70MACH1OWNER 6/7/08 06:51 PM

Originally Posted by tom281 (Post 5580553)
Do you mean the factory H or an off-road H? If it's the off-road, loosen the middle clamp connection and move the leaking side around a tad so that it's seated better to the header. If you having trouble with the factory H, yank it and install an off-road H. :poke:

Well there were two tornados in town last night, one of which was spotted within eyesight of our house. We lost 2 big limbs to a couple of our trees, a bunch of shingles, and other slight damage. Overall they never effectively touched down so most of us just had basically high (very high) wind damage.

Spent 5 hours today cleaning/waxing/polishing..... the photographer is driving down from Detroit at 3am and will be here at 6am to begin the photoshoot. He said to be prepared for an all day, sun up to sun down event, so I may or may not post on here again until tomorrow night.

What Mag is doing the shoot?

Glenn 6/7/08 07:23 PM

YO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

red454 6/7/08 07:57 PM

Take a few pics for us!

Got my car back today. I will post some pics tomorrow. It looks a little funny without the hood stripes and it will be a week or so until I can put them on. Can't wax it for 60 days. That is going to kill me!

Anyone have a take-off air box laying around that they don't want anymore?

70MACH1OWNER 6/8/08 05:42 AM

Morning all...;)

Glenn 6/8/08 06:05 AM

Originally Posted by Stoenr (Post 5580557)
Tornados around me too. S. Burbs of Chicago got whacked pretty good.

notjing here a few sprinkles

dly 6/8/08 06:15 AM

Originally Posted by 70MACH1OWNER (Post 5580559)

The Gay Blue Mustangs Mag :gay::poke::nana:

dly 6/8/08 06:20 AM

Do you mean the factory H or an off-road H? If it's the off-road, loosen the middle clamp connection and move the leaking side around a tad so that it's seated better to the header. If you having trouble with the factory H, yank it and install an off-road H.

Yea its the Pyres O/R H-pipe, the old 2 pc .one. Worked fine on the stock manifolds but got a leak on the drivers side. Can you over tighten the 2 bolts holding the ring thats on the h-pipe???
I used my air compresser and it actually looks like the ring is bend in at the bolts.

Tom I hope all goes well with the photo shoot!!

red454 6/8/08 10:55 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Well, 3 years ago today I brought the car home. And now finally I got my hood.

It is about 3 inches longer than stock. The color match is dead on. Fit and finish are great. Can't wait for the stripes...

tom281 6/8/08 11:45 AM

Originally Posted by 70MACH1OWNER (Post 5580559)

Modified Mustangs and Fords.... atleast that's the immediate plan.

Originally Posted by red454 (Post 5580586)

I have one, but would prefer to not part with it- but if you need one to use, you're more than welcome as long as I can get it back if you sell your car sometime down the road.

Originally Posted by dly (Post 5580673)
The Gay Blue Mustangs Mag :gay::poke::nana:

Hey, that catalog turned out pretty good I thought, considering I took the photo...... Wait till you see the new website coming though. :grin:

Originally Posted by dly (Post 5580676)
Yea its the Pyres O/R H-pipe, the old 2 pc .one. Worked fine on the stock manifolds but got a leak on the drivers side. Can you over tighten the 2 bolts holding the ring thats on the h-pipe???
I used my air compresser and it actually looks like the ring is bend in at the bolts.

Tom I hope all goes well with the photo shoot!!

Be careful how you seat the H to the new headers........ And thanks, the shoot did go well. Lots of industrial, almost menacing photos- pretty badass. Tracy is THE MAN when it comes to automotive shoots- he gets three to four cover shots a year plus many, many monthly features using his photos.

Originally Posted by red454 (Post 5580739)
Well, 3 years ago today I brought the car home. And now finally I got my hood.

It is about 3 inches longer than stock. The color match is dead on. Fit and finish are great. Can't wait for the stripes...

Chris, that looks great! Congrats!!!!! :nice:

Oh lastly......... YO Glenn! ;)

red454 6/8/08 12:21 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by red454 http://forums.bradbarnett.net/images...s/viewpost.gif

"I have one, but would prefer to not part with it- but if you need one to use, you're more than welcome as long as I can get it back if you sell your car sometime down the road."

Well, thanks for the offer, but I need one as a donor. Actually, I only need the top half. I am going to cut the inlet tube with the MAF sensor off where it connects to the air box and use it on the box I am going to fabricate. I want to use the ram air from the hood so I will have to make my own box that seals to the hood opening. I want to keep my stock box in case my idea does not work out.

I got a start on my "custom" ram air box. You can get a good idea of what I am thinking in the pictures. It will be a side flow style. I still have a way to go but after I get the cardboard model done I will duplicate it in lexan (polycarbonate).

Glenn 6/8/08 01:59 PM

http://www.race2ube.com/view_video.p...d5ba2ce59211f5

frdtch05gt 6/8/08 06:53 PM

Hey everyone, I was gone in Rockford all weekend with a few friends, that was fun. Jets were flying over for the air show, that was cool stuff. We were able to see quite a bit just by sitting out on the balcony of my friend's condo.

Glenn 6/9/08 05:43 AM

[img]morning[/img]

70MACH1OWNER 6/9/08 06:11 AM

Morning guys!!

70MACH1OWNER 6/9/08 07:36 AM

Originally Posted by red454 (Post 5580776)
Quote:
Originally Posted by red454 http://forums.bradbarnett.net/images...s/viewpost.gif

"I have one, but would prefer to not part with it- but if you need one to use, you're more than welcome as long as I can get it back if you sell your car sometime down the road."

Well, thanks for the offer, but I need one as a donor. Actually, I only need the top half. I am going to cut the inlet tube with the MAF sensor off where it connects to the air box and use it on the box I am going to fabricate. I want to use the ram air from the hood so I will have to make my own box that seals to the hood opening. I want to keep my stock box in case my idea does not work out.

I got a start on my "custom" ram air box. You can get a good idea of what I am thinking in the pictures. It will be a side flow style. I still have a way to go but after I get the cardboard model done I will duplicate it in lexan (polycarbonate).

Hey Chris,
If you can't find a free one you can get one here pretty reasonably. While I have no intention of putting mine back on the car I am concerned I may need it someday.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/05-07...mZ380028337495

red454 6/9/08 07:45 AM

Sure - I figured I should check around (here) first, because as soon as I would buy one, someone would say heck, you should have asked - I have 3 of them sitting around and you can have all 3!!! That is the way it usually goes...