Midwest TMS'ers General Communication Thread - The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

Midwest Post Club or Event Information and Meet Stangers in Your Area

Midwest TMS'ers General Communication Thread

Old 10/29/07, 04:28 PM   #1
I kissed a pickle
And I liked it
TMS Staff

Midwest TMS'ers General Communication Thread

Just thought I'd start a thread for all of us Midwest TMS'ers to have a general conversation spot. Those of you that came to our TMS meet & greet, and those of you that didn't, speak up and let's talk!

Let's hear about updates to your car, future mods, events for next year, club outings, latest gossip, love affairs/addictions with Mustangs, etc. etc. etc.
tom281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join The Mustang Source

Join TheMustangSource.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Mustang fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Mustang Fans to meet online.
Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your stang, and have a great time with other Ford Mustang fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Mustang you'll find that TheMustangSource.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join TheMustangSource.com Today! - Click Here JOIN FOR FREE

Old 10/29/07, 05:13 PM   #2
Shelby GT500 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom281 View Post
Just thought I'd start a thread for all of us Midwest TMS'ers to have a general conversation spot. Those of you that came to our TMS meet & greet, and those of you that didn't, speak up and let's talk!

Let's hear about updates to your car, future mods, events for next year, club outings, latest gossip, love affairs/addictions with Mustangs, etc. etc. etc.
Cool, Great idea! Heres where I'm at! 7 weeks into a set of roush rear window louver's ordered pre painted got'em 4 weeks ago they looked like they had been cleared in a sand storm... thats a exaggeration but not acceptable! returned them to be cleared again, supposed to be here this week!... Ordered CDC chin spoiler from some cats in Atlanta I've ordered some things from these guys they do good work!! Got my second set of UD pulleys, sold the first set then changed my mind and decided to install some... but I think doing this on a Auto is going to suck! Is there a thread somewhere on keeping the crank from turning.. Also got a set delete plates to install after the UD pulleys.........
blkstang06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/29/07, 05:23 PM   #3
Cobra Member

Tom,
Thanks for the thread! Good idea
Great numbers @ Brenspeed's by the way!
STD,
I just put my U/D pullies on this past weekend. Get a impact wrench! You'll probably not get the harmonic balancer bolt off w/o it. I browsed through TacoBills write up prior, it was a great help. Also, find,borrow or beg a harmonic balancer puller. That was the hardest part of my install. I used a 3 jaw puller from work, but not the best solution.
I noticed a difference after installing, nothing big, but could tell the engine revs quicker.
Delete plates will probably be my next mod, I'm gonna wait & see how Scott's install goes.
Are you putting on the rear or side window louvers?
aircare84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/29/07, 05:53 PM   #4
Mustang Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by blkstang06 View Post
Cool, Great idea! Heres where I'm at! 7 weeks into a set of roush rear window louver's ordered pre painted got'em 4 weeks ago they looked like they had been cleared in a sand storm... thats a exaggeration but not acceptable! returned them to be cleared again, supposed to be here this week!... Ordered CDC chin spoiler from some cats in Atlanta I've ordered some things from these guys they do good work!! Got my second set of UD pulleys, sold the first set then changed my mind and decided to install some... but I think doing this on a Auto is going to suck! Is there a thread somewhere on keeping the crank from turning.. Also got a set delete plates to install after the UD pulleys.........

Hi Buddy! (Scottie)

There is an access window on the drivers side of the bellhousing you need to remove and you can put a 14 mm wrench (I think) on one the the flexplate bolts that will jam up against the bellhousing when you rotate the crank. I used a boxend wrench( with a zig-zag in it) when I did it. You cannot get the harmonic balancer bolt off without locking up the flexplate. Get a cheater pipe also you skinny hippy! Your going to need it. P.S. Go to Autozone and rent the puller kit they have. That is what I did! The right tools make it easy.
Scott

Thanks Tom!!!!!!!!
70MACH1OWNER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/29/07, 06:39 PM   #5
Cobra R Member

Hey Ben - here is a pic of the modified hood from Dan Brunt's car...
Attached Thumbnails
Midwest TMS'ers General Communication Thread-new_hood_057.jpg  
red454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/29/07, 07:19 PM   #6
Shelby GT500 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70MACH1OWNER View Post
Hi Buddy! (Scottie)

There is an access window on the drivers side of the bellhousing you need to remove and you can put a 14 mm wrench (I think) on one the the flexplate bolts that will jam up against the bellhousing when you rotate the crank. I used a boxend wrench( with a zig-zag in it) when I did it. You cannot get the harmonic balancer bolt off without locking up the flexplate. Get a cheater pipe also you skinny hippy! Your going to need it. P.S. Go to Autozone and rent the puller kit they have. That is what I did! The right tools make it easy.
Scott

Thanks Tom!!!!!!!!
Thanks Scott! Thats the info I was looking for! and its spelled Hippie!! you Gorilla....... I've got a puller and a well endowed breaker bar! and skinny is just wishful thinking on my part, I weigh 200 pounds..... Hows the delete plate's coming Pop's...
Old 10/29/07, 07:36 PM   #7
I kissed a pickle
And I liked it
TMS Staff

Ah, I'm loving this thread already.....
Old 10/29/07, 07:41 PM   #8
Team Mustang Source

Can I stop by and say "yee haw" every once in awhile since I used to live in Indiana?
GRAYPNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/29/07, 07:46 PM   #9
Shelby GT500 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRAYPNY View Post
Can I stop by and say "yee haw" every once in awhile since I used to live in Indiana?
Wow Rich! you used to be a Hoosier Daddy?....... where in Indiana did you live!
Old 10/29/07, 07:54 PM   #10
I kissed a pickle
And I liked it
TMS Staff

Quote:
Absofreakinglutely.... come on in & grab a drink, let's shoot the bull.
Old 10/29/07, 08:02 PM   #11
Shelby GT500 Member

Nice start to a local thread!
ShowGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/29/07, 08:19 PM   #12
Team Mustang Source

Grew up in alittle town called Remington about 35 miles northwest of Lafayette just off I-65. My wife is from Lafayette and we moved to Kalifornia in 1975 before most of you puppies were born. Love the Hoosiers and when I get back to Indiana sometime in the future I'm going to look up Tom and make him take me for a ride in his bad**s Mustang!
GRAYPNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/29/07, 08:56 PM   #13
Shelby GT500 Member

Quote:
Grew up in alittle town called Remington about 35 miles northwest of Lafayette just off I-65. My wife is from Lafayette and we moved to Kalifornia in 1975 before most of you puppies were born. Love the Hoosiers and when I get back to Indiana sometime in the future I'm going to look up Tom and make him take me for a ride in his bad**s Mustang!
Cool! I know where Remington is! I grew up just 60 miles from Lafayette in Danville IL, Did a year at Purdue in West Lafayette before I transfered to the University of Oregon, This puppy is was born in 1958...
Old 10/29/07, 09:21 PM   #14
Cobra Member

Scott,
When are you installing those delete plates?
Let me know how it goes & your thoughts on them.
Old 10/30/07, 03:40 AM   #15
Mustang Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by aircare84 View Post
Scott,
When are you installing those delete plates?
Let me know how it goes & your thoughts on them.
Larry,
I didn't plan to install the delete plates until the Thankgiving weekend. I have the plates in the trunk of the car but I do not have a tune updated for them yet. I left my tuner at Brenspeeds with Brent to update my tune but I told him not to ship my tuner back until Nov. 5th. Karen and I are going on a mini vacation stating tomorrow night thru the weekend so I didn't want my tuner laying outside for 4 or 5 days. I may just have your delete plates real soon. I got an email from Brenspeed last night that may delete plates shipped yesterday. Whoops!!! While the email says it is a set of delete plates I wonder if it is really my tuner. Hope it gets here before we leave.
Scott
Old 10/30/07, 03:44 AM   #16
Mustang Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShowGT View Post
Jump in any time Brandon!! While I am the only sane one of the bunch the rest are really a great bunch of guys. We have had plenty of practice teasing each other for the last 2 years. Welcome aboard!
Scott
Old 10/30/07, 05:51 AM   #17
Cobra Member

Scott,
Hope you & Karen have a nice time.Enjoy
So was the opinion on the delete plates that you won't loose any low-end with them? Let me know if you do in fact recieve delete plates, we'll work something out with Brent.
Larry
Old 10/30/07, 06:13 AM   #18
I kissed a pickle
And I liked it
TMS Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShowGT View Post
Come on in man!

Quote:
Wow, you pegged that one....... born in '75 here. Come by anytime for a blessed hell ride!

Old 10/30/07, 06:49 AM   #19
Post *****

Morning Every one
Glenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/30/07, 09:37 AM   #20
Mach 1 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by red454 View Post
Hey Ben - here is a pic of the modified hood from Dan Brunt's car...
I like that.
Eleanor Dreaming is offline   Reply With Quote