The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums (https://themustangsource.com/forums/)
-   Midwest (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f642/)
-   -   Midwest TMS'ers General Communication Thread (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f642/midwest-tmsers-general-communication-thread-459585/)

tom281 4/1/08 03:56 PM

LOL I have a third eye.......

But it's much larger than his. :rofl2:

70MACH1OWNER 4/1/08 04:26 PM

Just sent Brenspeed an email about their TCI Torque Converter and install price. Since I want to stay N/A I think it is about the only other preformance mod I can do. The tax man was fairly kind this year. So I can't think of a better place to spend any excess!!!:rofl2:And what is up with this site tonight about posting things. It is wiggin out!!! :banghead:

tom281 4/1/08 04:55 PM

The converter would be great.. on my '92 GT I wish I would have done that instead of a $500 Edlebrock intake. :doh:

blkstang06 4/1/08 05:22 PM

Originally Posted by 70MACH1OWNER (Post 5540314)
You think he has forgot how to put it back together??:poke::jester: I am curious STD what is that third eye thingy on your new Upper Control Arm??? I have never seen that before. :dunno:

Pinion snub....The factory stamping of my 06 doesn't have one....but Apparently the S197 did have them on their 3rd link at one point in time. I don't know if it was before or after mine was built...:dunno:

70MACH1OWNER 4/1/08 05:33 PM

Originally Posted by blkstang06 (Post 5540385)
Pinion snub....The factory stamping of my 06 doesn't have one....but Apparently the S197 did have them on their 3rd link at one point in time. I don't know if it was before or after mine was built...:dunno:

Mine doesn't have that third eye thingy...What is it for????:dunno: Sexual encounters of the Illinois kind??? You don't own a picinic table with a hole for a umbrella do you!! Have you guys seen that story? I hate this slimer is from Ohio.
:jester:

http://www.asylum.com/2008/03/31/no-...a-patio-table/

blkstang06 4/1/08 06:08 PM

Originally Posted by 70MACH1OWNER (Post 5540392)
Mine doesn't have that third eye thingy...What is it for????:dunno: Sexual encounters of the Illinois kind??? You don't own a picinic table with a hole for a umbrella do you!! Have you guys seen that story? I hate this slimer is from Ohio.
:jester:

http://www.asylum.com/2008/03/31/no-...a-patio-table/

Sounds like a buckeye thing or is that browneye ?.....It don't matter its all good in OHio....right !..:nice:....Pinion snub or as Ford refer to it snubber..to alleviate bottoming out ...same principal as the bump stops on your axle and struts.

tom281 4/2/08 06:33 AM

Originally Posted by 70MACH1OWNER (Post 5540392)
don't own a picinic table with a hole for a umbrella do you!! /

WOW...... ;)

blkstang06 4/2/08 07:46 AM

Cody, glad to hear about your house sale ! to celebrate I found you a new avatar...:jester:http://www.rense.com/1.imagesH/straightjacket_dees.jpgebrate

red454 4/2/08 08:12 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Or this one?

frdtch05gt 4/2/08 08:15 AM

:rofl3::rofl3: Nice one!

Glenn 4/2/08 09:26 AM

morning all

codeman94 4/2/08 10:13 AM

I think my avatar is just fine thank you....

shaftmasters 4/2/08 10:45 AM

Originally Posted by blkstang06 (Post 5540808)
Cody, glad to hear about your house sale ! to celebrate I found you a new avatar...:jester:http://www.rense.com/1.imagesH/straightjacket_dees.jpgebrate

Scott,
I see that you're planning on installing that shaft today. Like you said on another thread about following Taco Bill's installation notes on lowered Mustangs, make sure you do that before you give your girl Oprah a ride in the back seat. Her weight may cause that stamped steel hump to rub on your new shaft.:jester:

blkstang06 4/2/08 01:11 PM

Originally Posted by shaftmasters (Post 5540912)
Scott,
I see that you're planning on installing that shaft today. Like you said on another thread about following Taco Bill's installation notes on lowered Mustangs, make sure you do that before you give your girl Oprah a ride in the back seat. Her weight may cause that stamped steel hump to rub on your new shaft.:jester:

:lol: Well I already broke the news to her !....and well lets say she didn't take it to good, shes still upset about me not letting her eat fried chicken in the car. I already relocated the ebrake bracket and I am currently massaging the stamped hump into history. I finally got the adjustable UCA installed last night.....man those are pain in the rear differential to install.....:jester:

shaftmasters 4/2/08 01:53 PM

Originally Posted by blkstang06 (Post 5541028)
:lol: Well I already broke the news to her !....and well lets say she didn't take it to good, shes still upset about me not letting her eat fried chicken in the car. I already relocated the ebrake bracket and I am currently massaging the stamped hump into history. I finally got the adjustable UCA installed last night.....man those are pain in the rear differential to install.....:jester:

Scott,
Did you check your pinion flange angle before you changed that UCA?
Robert

blkstang06 4/2/08 02:08 PM

Originally Posted by shaftmasters (Post 5541048)
Scott,
Did you check your pinion flange angle before you changed that UCA?
Robert

PM sent !

70MACH1OWNER 4/2/08 02:45 PM

Originally Posted by blkstang06 (Post 5541058)
PM sent !

What is it a secret?? Inquiring minds want to know! :poke:

tom281 4/2/08 03:37 PM

Originally Posted by red454 (Post 5540830)
Or this one?

hahahhaa, that is truly a classic! great one! :rofl2:

Originally Posted by Glenn (Post 5540876)
morning all

Hi Glenn! :nice:

Originally Posted by 70MACH1OWNER (Post 5541088)

Shhh, it's highly confidential.....;) I know what it is, I'll tell you for $100. :rofl2:

shaftmasters 4/2/08 03:39 PM

Originally Posted by 70MACH1OWNER (Post 5541088)

Scott,
You might not want to know because it differs with what you thought it would be based on the amount that you said the angle would change when lowered one inch. Maybe STD measured the angles with Oprah's weight in the back seat and this threw it off considerably.LOL!
Robert

tom281 4/2/08 03:42 PM

Ah Robert, you should come around more often- if not for anything other than to give OLD INDIAN DUDE a hard time.... :rofl2:

shaftmasters 4/2/08 03:54 PM

Originally Posted by tom281 (Post 5541153)
Ah Robert, you should come around more often- if not for anything other than to give OLD INDIAN DUDE a hard time.... :rofl2:

Tom,
David and I want to thank you once again for your support. Without you and Leo we would be feeling like the Maytag repairman. Awful lonely! Did you see the faithful on the other forum ripping us a new a-hole once again. We feel like Rodney Dangerfield. No respect man.:doh:

codeman94 4/2/08 03:54 PM

Oprah jokes now?..no one is safe tonight!

70MACH1OWNER 4/2/08 04:21 PM

Originally Posted by shaftmasters (Post 5541150)
Scott,
You might not want to know because it differs with what you thought it would be based on the amount that you said the angle would change when lowered one inch. Maybe STD measured the angles with Oprah's weight in the back seat and this threw it off considerably.LOL!
Robert

Well Robert...I have broad shoulders and can admit when I am wrong but are you sure you can rely on STD reading a protactor correctly and knowing what is positive or negative?? And I am sure he did not put his stock springs back in the rear end to get a before reading. :poke: (Sorry Scott) Just post your evidence in picture form preferably so I can see. I have seen nothing to prove my numbers wrong up to now. My math calculations are sound. And I still stand by what I said would happen to the pinion angle when you go from stock height and lower one of these cars. It will rotate down. It is still in your court to prove me wrong. :jester: So me the money!!!!
Scott :dunno:

shaftmasters 4/2/08 04:25 PM

Originally Posted by 70MACH1OWNER (Post 5541166)
Well Robert...I have broad shoulders and can admit when I am wrong but are you sure you can rely on STD reading a protactor correctly and knowing what is positive or negative?? And I am sure he did not put his stock springs back in the rear end to get a before reading. :poke: (Sorry Scott) Just post your evidence in picture form preferably so I can see. I have seen nothing to prove my numbers wrong up to now. My math calculations are sound. And I still stand by what I said would happen to the pinion angle when you go from stock height and lower one of these cars. It will rotate down. It is still in your court to prove me wrong. :jester: So me the money!!!!

Scott, Since they are STD's numbers I'll leave it up to him if he wants to divulge them or not.

70MACH1OWNER 4/2/08 04:32 PM

Originally Posted by shaftmasters (Post 5541169)
Scott, Since they are STD's numbers I'll leave it up to him if he wants to divulge them or not.

:poke: Uh Huh! I think this proves .....

codeman94 4/2/08 04:45 PM

settle down old man...I think you are growing pretty impatient in your age...

tom281 4/2/08 04:51 PM

Originally Posted by shaftmasters (Post 5541159)
Tom,
David and I want to thank you once again for your support. Without you and Leo we would be feeling like the Maytag repairman. Awful lonely! Did you see the faithful on the other forum ripping us a new a-hole once again. We feel like Rodney Dangerfield. No respect man.:doh:

It's kinda an odd community over there.... I'll go look and see what I find.

Originally Posted by codeman94 (Post 5541190)

hahhaa Cody is feeling better after getting that house sold! :rofl2:

70MACH1OWNER 4/2/08 05:12 PM

Originally Posted by codeman94 (Post 5541190)

Your feeling spunky tonight. Good for you!!!!:nice:
Scott

shaftmasters 4/2/08 05:17 PM

Originally Posted by tom281 (Post 5541195)
It's kinda an odd community over there.... I'll go look and see what I find.

hahhaa Cody is feeling better after getting that house sold! :rofl2:

Great news Cody! Hope you like your new house. Tom, I don't let them guys bother me really, I just consider the source.

codeman94 4/2/08 05:38 PM

I actually feel horible....I think I'm comming down with the flu....but i still have wits!

shaftmasters 4/2/08 06:07 PM

Originally Posted by 70MACH1OWNER (Post 5541181)
:poke: Uh Huh! I think this proves .....

Scott,
When I get all my ducks in a row I am planning on doing a write-up on aluminum driveshafts for all to see. It will list my thoughts on suggested angles, problems with NVH caused by certain suspension mods and the announcement of a new project David and I am working on. We want to make sure that it is well thought out so the faithful on another forum who spill over onto other forums don't tear us a new a-hole on any of the info and opinions we put out in this write-up. Maybe I'll let you guys preview it first and get your input.
Robert

70MACH1OWNER 4/2/08 06:26 PM

Originally Posted by shaftmasters (Post 5541263)
Scott,
When I get all my ducks in a row I am planning on doing a write-up on aluminum driveshafts for all to see. It will list my thoughts on suggested angles, problems with NVH caused by certain suspension mods and the announcement of a new project David and I am working on. We want to make sure that it is well thought out so the faithful on another forum who spill over onto other forums don't tear us a new a-hole on any of the info and opinions we put out in this write-up. Maybe I'll let you guys preview it first and get your input.
Robert

Robert,
I am glad you made this post Robert!! Anyone in this world that builds something and sells it to the public needs to do all the proper engineering work that relates to the product they sell. Whether it is ice cream that Tom sells or tooling I sell or hospital stuff that STD sells. You and David should not rely and all of the internet BS :bs: out there about your product....You need to do your own research and development to prove that your product does what you claim. This is not a bash... but a simple way of doing business today. It really doesn't matter what the other guy ( your competition) says or does. It's about what you and David say and do about your company. My suggestion is don't go out on the E' net to see how your product is doing. Just do your homework and make sure it is right and you guys will do fine. I wish you and David the best!!!
Scott:nice:

codeman94 4/2/08 06:30 PM

Tom sells ice cream?..I have a feeling i'm walking into one here....

blkstang06 4/2/08 06:30 PM

Originally Posted by 70MACH1OWNER (Post 5541166)

:lol: Ok , Scott I realize your a big time tool and die maker and internationally renown sheep rancher...:poke::jester: and yes its true I went to school on a sports scholarship but that doesn't mean I cant read a protractor....:p heres the scoop ! about a week ago Shaftmaster's checked the degree of angle on a V6 Stang unaltered with a OEM 1 piece drive shaft, their findings where Trans flange down -3.6 degrees, Pinion flange ever so slightly down from parallel -.3 degrees. With my trusty cheapo Craftsmen magnetic protractor my findings where and this is with out Oprah in the back seat, she's out of town filming another episode of the Big Give ! " by the way thats her nick name for me" but thats another story, anyway readings where Trans flange -4.0 degrees (down) pinion flange slightly down .5 degrees

tom281 4/2/08 06:45 PM

Yes Tom does sell ice cream and he is now also wondering WTF the infatuation is with friggin' Oprah? :confused:

70MACH1OWNER 4/2/08 06:46 PM

Originally Posted by blkstang06 (Post 5541275)
:lol: Ok , Scott I realize your a big time tool and die maker and internationally renown sheep rancher...:poke::jester: and yes its true I went to school on a sports scholarship but that doesn't mean I cant read a protractor....:p heres the scoop ! about a week ago Shaftmaster's checked the degree of angle on a V6 Stang unaltered with a OEM 1 piece drive shaft, their findings where Trans flange down -3.6 degrees, Pinion flange ever so slightly down from parallel -.3 degrees. With my trusty cheapo Craftsmen magnetic protractor my findings where and this is with out Oprah in the back seat, she's out of town filming another episode of the Big Give ! " by the way thats her nick name for me" but thats another story, anyway readings where Trans flange -4.0 degrees (down) pinion flange slightly down .5 degrees

Well Scott...I believe your numbers. But if you can't do a before and after (stock springs verses lowering springs) it doesn't prove that much now does it. :dunno: I should have been born in Missouri...The show me state!!! I am a realitist. Show me the numbers!!!! With all the gum flapping going on between you and Robert it really comes down to a before and after check. I am not trying to be a butthead but we need to have a stock ride height and lower height pinion angle to settle this debate.
Scott

codeman94 4/2/08 06:54 PM

Originally Posted by tom281 (Post 5541281)
Yes Tom does sell ice cream and he is now also wondering WTF the infatuation is with friggin' Oprah? :confused:

awsome...what kind?...and why you holdin back?

tom281 4/2/08 07:54 PM

Every kind imaginable....... I made this website several years ago for a generic look at what we do:

www.driggsfarms.com

blkstang06 4/2/08 09:31 PM

Originally Posted by tom281 (Post 5541281)

Hey ! you ice cream mogul, if you check the threads YOU started the friggin Oprah stuff....:rofl2:Also could you pm me a qoate on two hundred gallons of Rocky Road so I can drowned 70MACH1OWNER in it.:jester:

Originally Posted by 70MACH1OWNER (Post 5541282)
Well Scott...I believe your numbers. But if you can't do a before and after (stock springs verses lowering springs) it doesn't prove that much now does it. :dunno: I should have been born in Missouri...The show me state!!! I am a realitist. Show me the numbers!!!! With all the gum flapping going on between you and Robert it really comes down to a before and after check. I am not trying to be a butthead but we need to have a stock ride height and lower height pinion angle to settle this debate.
Scott

Scott I'm not trying to prove anybody right or wrong, even you ....:poke::jester: and as I told Robert a V6 Stang has a different ride hight than a GT Coupe as a GT Vert has a different ride hight at Factory settings GT Verts and V6's both ride lower than a GT Coupe in the rear, go to any dealer and take a look and this has been talked about in numerous threads. Your right we do need figures from before and after. You must be smokin some good weed if you think I'm going to put my stock springs back on to find out....:rofl2:Heres what I do know Robert and David are two sincere people trying to produce the very best product they can. The fact is Tom and Leo both have lowered Stangs and have not adjusted their pinion angle and from what they have reported have no vibration issues but man there is a lot of conflicting info out there. I've contacted steedagus about there UCA for lowered Stangs that comes in one piece but is shorter by 3/4 of a inch to correct the pinion angle. He said Steeda feels the pinion angle on a lowered Stangs should be around -1 to -2 degrees at the pinion flange and I personally think Steeda is probable one if not the most knowledgeable about Stangs other than Ford ! I talk a lot of smack because having fun is what this mod game is all about but I can promise you and anybody else that reads this post I am perfectly honest about my experiences and findings when it comes to modifying my Mustang .....:nice:

70MACH1OWNER 4/3/08 02:30 AM

Originally Posted by blkstang06 (Post 5541395)
Hey ! you ice cream mogul, if you check the threads YOU started the friggin Oprah stuff....:rofl2:Also could you pm me a qoate on two hundred gallons of Rocky Road so I can drowned 70MACH1OWNER in it.:jester:

Scott I'm not trying to prove anybody right or wrong, even you ....:poke::jester: and as I told Robert a V6 Stang has a different ride hight than a GT Coupe as a GT Vert has a different ride hight at Factory settings GT Verts and V6's both ride lower than a GT Coupe in the rear, go to any dealer and take a look and this has been talked about in numerous threads. Your right we do need figures from before and after. You must be smokin some good weed if you think I'm going to put my stock springs back on to find out....:rofl2:Heres what I do know Robert and David are two sincere people trying to produce the very best product they can. The fact is Tom and Leo both have lowered Stangs and have not adjusted their pinion angle and from what they have reported have no vibration issues but man there is a lot of conflicting info out there. I've contacted steedagus about there UCA for lowered Stangs that comes in one piece but is shorter by 3/4 of a inch to correct the pinion angle. He said Steeda feels the pinion angle on a lowered Stangs should be around -1 to -2 degrees at the pinion flange and I personally think Steeda is probable one if not the most knowledgeable about Stangs other than Ford ! I talk a lot of smack because having fun is what this mod game is all about but I can promise you and anybody else that reads this post I am perfectly honest about my experiences and findings when it comes to modifying my Mustang .....:nice:

Hey Tom,
Do you guys make that ice cream that is like a Reese cup inside ? If I am going to get drown in something that is what I would like to go in. :grin:

Scott,
I can tell by all of your posts about the suspensions of these cars and your experiences with all the different brands of springs you have tried that you are very sincere and honest about your experiences. And I know you are trying to make your pinion angle as correct as humanly possible. Or you would not have went to all that work to put in the adjustable UCA. Truth be known the pinion angle can probably be off 4 or 5 degrees either direction and it will not cause a vibration issues. I just hope your happy with your final results and have a vibration free setup. So are you about done with this install yet? :poke::D I want to hear road test results.
Scott

tom281 4/3/08 06:30 AM

This is like Grumpy Old Men 3. :rofl2:

shaftmasters 4/3/08 06:32 AM

Originally Posted by blkstang06 (Post 5541395)

Scott,
Thanks for the kind words.
Robert

frdtch05gt 4/3/08 09:19 AM

Yesterday I decided to go full-tilt with my tuner, programmed the car with the 93 Race tune. I did go and put 7 gallons of 93 in the tank first. Wow, this car pulls really hard, 3k and up is just insane! :grin: It feels like it has a lot more low end torque too, moves out from a stop very quickly.

70MACH1OWNER 4/3/08 10:10 AM

Originally Posted by frdtch05gt (Post 5541671)
Yesterday I decided to go full-tilt with my tuner, programmed the car with the 93 Race tune. I did go and put 7 gallons of 93 in the tank first. Wow, this car pulls really hard, 3k and up is just insane! :grin: It feels like it has a lot more low end torque too, moves out from a stop very quickly.

Are you going to stay running the 93 tune? I could never go back to 87 after running the 93 tune. It really is only about $3.00 a tank more to run the 93 octane.

frdtch05gt 4/3/08 10:27 AM

Yes, sticking with 93 octane. I'm using the Escort to get to work and back this summer most of the time anyway. It will save me money on gas big time (32 miles each way). Even the 87 tune made a nice difference, but the 93 is absolutely amazing. :grin:

blkstang06 4/3/08 12:03 PM

Originally Posted by 70MACH1OWNER (Post 5541517)
Hey Tom,
Do you guys make that ice cream that is like a Reese cup inside ? If I am going to get drown in something that is what I would like to go in. :grin:

Scott,
I can tell by all of your posts about the suspensions of these cars and your experiences with all the different brands of springs you have tried that you are very sincere and honest about your experiences. And I know you are trying to make your pinion angle as correct as humanly possible. Or you would not have went to all that work to put in the adjustable UCA. Truth be known the pinion angle can probably be off 4 or 5 degrees either direction and it will not cause a vibration issues. I just hope your happy with your final results and have a vibration free setup. So are you about done with this install yet? :poke::D I want to hear road test results.
Scott

Hey big boy whats up ! just got home from work, got to get my caffeine levels up then I'm going to insert the shaft. I wish you where here to hold the Stang down while I do it....:jester:

Originally Posted by shaftmasters (Post 5541568)
Scott,
Thanks for the kind words.
Robert

your welcome Robert.

Originally Posted by frdtch05gt (Post 5541671)

Justin I'm glad to hear you dig it.....:metal:

70MACH1OWNER 4/3/08 12:46 PM

[quote=blkstang06;5541776]Hey big boy whats up ! just got home from work, got to get my caffeine levels up then I'm going to insert the shaft. I wish you where here to hold the Stang down while I do it....:jester:

Us plenty of lube is all I can say. On a different subject. I got an email back from Dave at Brenspeed about the install price of the TCI Street Fighter torque converter. It must be more involved than I thought. Basically it would cost about $1,500 plus a night stay to get it installed. I am not sure the benefits of a higher stall TC will do that much for a street driver like mine. What's your thoughts. Have you considered a TC upgrade?

blkstang06 4/3/08 01:06 PM

[quote=70MACH1OWNER;5541802]

Originally Posted by blkstang06 (Post 5541776)
Hey big boy whats up ! just got home from work, got to get my caffeine levels up then I'm going to insert the shaft. I wish you where here to hold the Stang down while I do it....:jester:

Us plenty of lube is all I can say. On a different subject. I got an email back from Dave at Brenspeed about the install price of the TCI Street Fighter torque converter. It must be more invovled than I thought. Basically it would cost about $1,500 plus a night stay to get it installed. I am not sure the benefits of a higher stall TC will do that much for a street driver like mine. What's your thoughts. Have you considered a TC upgrade?

Yes my Friend I have thought about a torque converter. the quote you got doesn't surprise me ! Heres how I feel about my situation, I haven't tracked a car since the early 80's when I had my Trans Am (track days over) street racing! well that wouldn't jive with what I been preaching to my 15 year old son who's itching to drive, but! I think a set rear gears would be the natural progression, we both have auto's and from everything I've read a set of 3.73 would fit good with are mods ! and in fact I've seen where guys are running 3.90's with positive feed back! I think in your situation Scott a gear change would be your best and most noticeable mod for the bucks !

dly 4/3/08 03:26 PM

Auto's must act alot different than the 5-speed. I got 3.55 gears and I can hardly get traction in 1st and almost half of 2nd. I'm running BF Goodrich KD's at 265/35/18.
Scott thats alot of jack for the little it will do on the street. If you were going to race it more than maybe.

Here's a Hot rod for ya.
http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/j...els3-29036.jpg

Glenn 4/3/08 03:42 PM

http://www.tigerdroppings.com/rant/m....asp?p=7567946
nice chop

70MACH1OWNER 4/3/08 04:44 PM

Originally Posted by dly (Post 5541899)
Auto's must act alot different than the 5-speed. I got 3.55 gears and I can hardly get traction in 1st and almost half of 2nd. I'm running BF Goodrich KD's at 265/35/18.
Scott thats alot of jack for the little it will do on the street. If you were going to race it more than maybe.

Here's a Hot rod for ya.

Thanks for your input Darrell and STD. I just sent an other email to Dave at Brenspeed that listed my mods and asked him directly "if my car was yours" what would you next mod be? Gears or this TCI torque converter. I am sure I will not hear from him until tomorrow now. I know I can do the 3:73's for half of the TC. Thanks for your guys input. Dave has already told me the TCI TC is a little racey for the street. So it has come down a notch or two on my next mod list with this info. Since I daily drive my car and don't do the track stuff it may not be a good choice for me. But I am going to do something. I have money burning a hole in my pocket!!!:jester:

tom281 4/3/08 04:50 PM

Originally Posted by 70MACH1OWNER (Post 5541802)
I got an email back from Dave at Brenspeed about the install price of the TCI Street Fighter torque converter. It must be more involved than I thought. Basically it would cost about $1,500 plus a night stay to get it installed.

Oh just do it..... you'd be one of the only guys on the forum with a converter. Remember, it's kinda like the old addage....."why is divorce so expensive?"

BECAUSE IT'S WORTH IT. :rofl2:

Originally Posted by blkstang06 (Post 5541819)
Heres how I feel about my situation, I haven't tracked a car since the early 80's!

Dang, you're old...... in the early '80s I was 6 and watching Captain Kangaroo.;)

Nice photo dly! Was that the first place finisher? :grin:

Originally Posted by Glenn (Post 5541913)

70MACH1OWNER 4/3/08 04:58 PM

Originally Posted by tom281 (Post 5541950)
Oh just do it..... you'd be one of the only guys on the forum with a converter. Remember, it's kinda like the old addage....."why is divorce so expensive?"

BECAUSE IT'S WORTH IT. :rofl2:

Dang, you're old...... in the early '80s I was 6 and watching Captain Kangaroo.;)

Nice photo dly! Was that the first place finisher? :grin:

This may be hard to believe but I was on the Captain Kangaroo show when I was like 10 years old and in Cub Scouts. I trust what Dave's opionion is. He didn't make it sound like the TC was a mod that wouldn't be that great for a daily driver. I am still collecting information. :dunno:

70MACH1OWNER 4/3/08 05:21 PM

Hi Larry.....Glad your back.....I see you!!!
Scott:wave::wave:

dly 4/3/08 05:41 PM

Originally Posted by 70MACH1OWNER (Post 5541959)
This may be hard to believe but I was on the Captain Kangaroo show when I was like 10 years old and in Cub Scouts. I trust what Dave's opionion is. He didn't make it sound like the TC was a mod that wouldn't be that great for a daily driver. I am still collecting information. :dunno:

So you must know Mr. Green Jeans and Mr. Moose, can't remember the little rabbit's name.

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/j...els3-29040.jpg

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/j...els3-29032.jpg

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/j...els3-29022.jpg

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/j...els3-29048.jpg

tom281 4/3/08 05:46 PM

This may be hard to believe but I was on the Captain Kangaroo show when I was like 10 years old and in Cub Scouts.

10 and in the Cub Scouts? Hell I thought maybe you were the host before the regular dude got the gig. :rofl3:

70MACH1OWNER 4/3/08 06:04 PM

Originally Posted by tom281 (Post 5541995)
10 and in the Cub Scouts? Hell I thought maybe you were the host before the regular dude got the gig. :rofl3:

He He He...I want to stab you with a not dagger!! :jester: Just teasin'.... When I think I could have been your daddy. My pee pee shrinks another knotch. :rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::poke:

Mama signed up for the new gears but did a thumbs down on the TC. Who am I to argue. She wears the real pants in this family!!!!!:jester::banghead:
Scott

red454 4/3/08 06:08 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Bunny Rabbit.

tom281 4/3/08 06:08 PM

Gears would be great! 4.10s or 4.30s right! :metal:

hahahahaa :rofl2:

70MACH1OWNER 4/3/08 06:10 PM

Hey Darrell,
Let's post the facts!! I am 54 and you are 52 leaning hard on 53!! :jester: If I could have played Mr. Captain Kangaroo you surely could have been Mr Green Jeans. Remember him??? :poke: Let's face it.....we are both old ho's and it is all down hill from here. But we need to stick together and show these young bucks what real Mustang modders are made of. What ever that is!!!:rofl2:

70MACH1OWNER 4/3/08 06:19 PM

Here's a Hot rod for ya.

Duh!!!!! Darrell!!! Are you forgetting about that $6K Saleen supercharger sitting on top of your engine???
Scott:bs:

blkstang06 4/3/08 07:28 PM

Captain Kangaroo..! ..I knew you looked familiar, ...where you the kid that kept eating his buggers....:dunno:

dly 4/3/08 07:47 PM

Originally Posted by 70MACH1OWNER (Post 5542024)
Duh!!!!! Darrell!!! Are you forgetting about that $6K Saleen supercharger sitting on top of your engine???
Scott:bs:

Naaaa I didn't pay that much. I got some connections like Tommie Brenspeed. It's was only $4400.:metal:

blkstang06 4/3/08 10:30 PM

All the sleepy midwest boo boo's in bed !... what bunch of sweet pea's....:jester:

blkstang06 4/4/08 04:01 AM

Good morning sleepy heads......As usual I have to do all the heavy lifting around here ! last one out and the first one in ....:jester:

70MACH1OWNER 4/4/08 04:06 AM

Originally Posted by blkstang06 (Post 5542276)
Good morning sleepy heads......As usual I have to do all the heavy lifting around here ! last one out and the first one in ....:jester:

I'm here Scottie. I haven't had time to read last nights posts yet. Did you get shafted??:rofl2:

frdtch05gt 4/4/08 04:23 AM

I'm up early today too, going in to work for an over-time shift.

Glenn 4/4/08 05:25 AM

friday its been a long week

tom281 4/4/08 05:30 AM

'morning chicklets :nice:

Stoenr 4/4/08 08:02 AM

Mornin' notice I left the good part off!

blkstang06 4/4/08 09:02 AM

Originally Posted by 70MACH1OWNER (Post 5542277)
I'm here Scottie. I haven't had time to read last nights posts yet. Did you get shafted??:rofl2:

Uh..yes the shaft has been inserted :D I haven't drove the car yet...well I did move it from one garage to another but I'm test driving this afternoon. I left the pinion angle as it was, going to try it there first............

tom281 4/4/08 10:07 AM

tick tick tick...... each moment getting closer to beer :30. :metal: :grin:

blkstang06 4/4/08 10:50 AM

Originally Posted by tom281 (Post 5542438)
tick tick tick...... each moment getting closer to beer :30. :metal: :grin:

Oh my ! repent sinner ! ! and denounce that Satin water...Do not defile the temple of your soul !...........oop's ***** I just spilled my Jim Beam and coke.....:rofl2:

70MACH1OWNER 4/4/08 11:07 AM

I need to pick up another 12 pack on the way home tonight. Somebody must be stealing them around my home. They don't last long. :jester:

shaftmasters 4/4/08 11:09 AM

Originally Posted by 70MACH1OWNER (Post 5542277)

Scott,
STD and I were wondering if you might have a mathematical formula to determine how much his pinion angle will change when he has a 300 lb. african american talk show host riding in the back seat.
Robert

blkstang06 4/4/08 11:16 AM

Originally Posted by shaftmasters (Post 5542478)
Scott,
STD and I were wondering if you might have a mathematical formula to determine how much his pinion angle will change when he has a 300 lb. african american talk show host riding in the back seat.
Robert

:lol::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2:I think I just hurt myself laughing :rofl3::rofl3:

70MACH1OWNER 4/4/08 11:18 AM

Scott,
Robert

A bunch? :nice: Enough to grind up his pretty new shaft I'd bet.

blkstang06 4/4/08 11:31 AM

A bunch? :nice:.... Now thats a pure mathematical formula ....:jester:

tom281 4/4/08 11:34 AM

Scott,
Robert

hahahaa that is too funny :rofl2:

Originally Posted by blkstang06 (Post 5542485)
:lol::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2:I think I just hurt myself laughing :rofl3::rofl3:

+1 me too.:rofl2::rofl2:

Originally Posted by blkstang06 (Post 5542493)

That there is how them there Buckeye's do that 'rithmetic thingy. ;)

70MACH1OWNER 4/4/08 11:36 AM

Originally Posted by blkstang06 (Post 5542493)

If her cubby butt would compress your rear springs 2 inches that would equal 5.88 degrees by my calculations. ;)

blkstang06 4/4/08 11:55 AM

Originally Posted by 70MACH1OWNER (Post 5542499)
If her cubby butt would compress your rear springs 2 inches that would equal 5.88 degrees by my calculations. ;)

Thank god for stiff saleen springs, bump stops and that pinion snubber ! because the angle of the shaft itself is at 3.9 degrees . Going by your calculations you had better not have any big girls riding in your Vert back seat either because I'm only 3/8 of an inch lower than you are at your Vert factory ride hight...:poke:

70MACH1OWNER 4/4/08 12:20 PM

Originally Posted by blkstang06 (Post 5542505)
Thank god for stiff saleen springs, bump stops and that pinion snubber ! because the angle of the shaft itself is at 3.9 degrees . Going by your calculations you had better not have any big girls riding in your Vert back seat either because I'm only 3/8 of an inch lower than you are at your Vert factory ride hight...:poke:

Now you understand the importance of bump stops and pinion snubbers. It is to stop that driveshaft from going thru your butt during big suspension travels. :nice:

blkstang06 4/4/08 12:30 PM

Originally Posted by 70MACH1OWNER (Post 5542521)
Now you understand the importance of bump stops and pinion snubbers. It is to stop that driveshaft from going thru your butt during big suspension travels. :nice:

OK, that did it :shame: I'm giving Oprah your address...:jester: Gee, Scott I might have already realized that, considering I had to explain what the pinion stubber was to YOU when I posted the pic of the J&M UCA....:poke:

70MACH1OWNER 4/4/08 12:46 PM

Originally Posted by blkstang06 (Post 5542527)
OK, that did it :shame: I'm giving Oprah your address...:jester: Gee, Scott I might have already realized that, considering I had to explain what the pinion stubber was to YOU when I posted the pic of the J&M UCA....:poke:

What... I'm not fighting with you. I am agreeing with you. Get you butt in your car and test ride that new shaft. We expect a full report soon. ;)

blkstang06 4/4/08 01:36 PM

Originally Posted by 70MACH1OWNER (Post 5542532)
What... I'm not fighting with you. I am agreeing with you. Get you butt in your car and test ride that new shaft. We expect a full report soon. ;)

I know I'm just feeling feisty...:box::jester:I've already given Shaftmaster's my technical shake down report. I might as well tell you too !....:poke: I've had the Stang out two times today. the first was my shake down run , I was only able to take it to 90 mph because I never took it out of town but I have no noticeable vibration, in fact drive line is quiter....:nice: quicker acceleration, revs faster and the chick at the Taco bell drive up made a comment about the 4'' girth she got all weak in the knee's...:jester: I'm going to put it up on stands tomorrow and look everything over again...

shaftmasters 4/4/08 01:50 PM

Originally Posted by blkstang06 (Post 5542565)
I know I'm just feeling feisty...:box::jester:I've already given Shaftmaster's my technical shake down report. I might as well tell you too !....:poke: I've had the Stang out two times today. the first was my shake down run , I was only able to take it to 90 mph because I never took it out of town but I have no noticeable vibration, in fact drive line is quiter....:nice: quicker acceleration, revs faster and the chick at the Taco bell drive up made a comment about the 4'' girth she got all weak in the knee's...:jester: I'm going to put it up on stands tomorrow and look everything over again...

Scott,
If it ever does start to vibrate, that girl at the Taco Bell might like to straddle your shaft and enjoy that vibrating! :rofl2:

tom281 4/4/08 02:45 PM

hahahaa :rofl2:

oops, forgot: it is now officially beer :30.

70MACH1OWNER 4/4/08 02:51 PM

Originally Posted by blkstang06 (Post 5542565)

Glad to hear your first test drives were a success. :nice: If you really ever want to drive that Taco Bell gal wild some day let me know. If you send me your driveshaft adapter so I can copy it I will make you one with the driveshaft offset about 1/8 inch. Should drive the gals wide!!! :metal:

On a different note. With my futher communications with Dave @ Brenspeed about what he thought my next mod should be (gears or converter) Here was his response today.

I would go with the converter. It is tough to explain but with these new 5 speed automatics we have seen very little “performance” increase with the gears. We have tried several and in some cases the cars feel a little quicker but the time slips prove otherwise. We have seen some slight improvement initially with the converters but we only started to experiment with them very late last season. I expect some very significant improvements as this racing season gets nearer.

So I am back up on that **** fence again. :banghead: I am still looking for additional guidance.

70MACH1OWNER 4/4/08 03:02 PM

Originally Posted by tom281 (Post 5542624)
hahahaa :rofl2:

oops, forgot: it is now officially beer :30.

Slow poke!! :poke: I left at 2:30 today. Someone is stealing beers out this new 12 pack again. They are disappearing awefully quick!! ;)

tom281 4/4/08 03:17 PM

Additional guidance? Just do the **** converter! Changing the converter is the single biggest difference besides nitrous/blower that you can make on an auto car- you know this. :nice:

aircare84 4/4/08 03:22 PM

Hi Scott
Hello all
Been stopping in & keeping up with you all, been busy here.

Cody, Congrats on your sale:metal:

Ben, Hows the new job been?

Got my updated tune from Brent today for the delete plates, hoping I'll find the time to install this weekend. Have quite a full plate for the weekend already.I've been doing serious spring cleaning around here. Have a bridal shower here next Sat & 22 days until my first kid gets married. Got alot of relatives, etc. coming in.
Hard to squeeze in time for the ride.
Discovered while I was away, I had a pass. side water leak. Never had an issue before. I'm going to pull the pass. side inner fender well & seal that problem grommet up. Local dealer only has a 'water leak' guy in every other Tuesday. I'm sure I can fix it quicker than messing with the dealer. Scheduled to go in next Wed. to get the Pass. airbag recall done.I'll have to make sure they don't update the PCM while it's in.

O.K., thats about my weeks worth of rambleing:rofl2:

tom281 4/4/08 03:27 PM

Larry- a water leak?

Please do yourself a favor and research the dreaded water leak TSB. This potentially can be a BIG problem! I hope your's isn't what the TSB is for, but would rather you be safe than sorry.

70MACH1OWNER 4/4/08 03:27 PM

Originally Posted by tom281 (Post 5542658)
Additional guidance? Just do the **** converter! Changing the converter is the single biggest difference besides nitrous/blower that you can make on an auto car- you know this. :nice:

Maybe I should just buy some new mufflers (Magnaflows):banghead:

tom281 4/4/08 03:28 PM

Originally Posted by 70MACH1OWNER (Post 5542673)
Maybe I should just buy some new mufflers (Magnaflows):banghead:

I'll lone ya my Borlas. :nice:

tom281 4/4/08 03:33 PM

Hey Darrell- come out, come out where ever you are......

Brent and the guys are planning on going to Osceola on Sunday. I am hoping to make it there with my new drag tires. You should come out and play with that show car of yours. ;)

70MACH1OWNER 4/4/08 03:41 PM

Originally Posted by aircare84 (Post 5542663)
Hi Scott
Hello all
Been stopping in & keeping up with you all, been busy here.

Cody, Congrats on your sale:metal:

Ben, Hows the new job been?

Got my updated tune from Brent today for the delete plates, hoping I'll find the time to install this weekend. Have quite a full plate for the weekend already.I've been doing serious spring cleaning around here. Have a bridal shower here next Sat & 22 days until my first kid gets married. Got alot of relatives, etc. coming in.
Hard to squeeze in time for the ride.
Discovered while I was away, I had a pass. side water leak. Never had an issue before. I'm going to pull the pass. side inner fender well & seal that problem grommet up. Local dealer only has a 'water leak' guy in every other Tuesday. I'm sure I can fix it quicker than messing with the dealer. Scheduled to go in next Wed. to get the Pass. airbag recall done.I'll have to make sure they don't update the PCM while it's in.

O.K., thats about my weeks worth of rambleing:rofl2:

Hey Larry,
Glad you had time to post. Is the water leak getting your carpet wet?? How do you like the sound of your longtubes and those GTA's now that you have had a little more driving time with that setup??
Scott

codeman94 4/4/08 04:04 PM

Originally Posted by tom281 (Post 5542675)

Brent and the guys are planning on going to Osceola on Sunday. I am hoping to make it there with my new drag tires. You should come out and play with that show car of yours. ;)

The weather is suposed to be Super nice...good luck!

dly 4/4/08 04:30 PM

Originally Posted by tom281 (Post 5542675)

What time? I been double buzy with my daughters Bridal Shower for tomorrow.

tom281 4/4/08 06:05 PM

Originally Posted by codeman94 (Post 5542698)
The weather is suposed to be Super nice...good luck!

Originally Posted by dly (Post 5542713)
What time? I been double buzy with my daughters Bridal Shower for tomorrow.

Hey guys, they plan to be there around 11 or 12 noon I think. I'm not 100% sure if I'll be there but Brenspeed will be for sure.

Eleanor Dreaming 4/4/08 06:31 PM

Hi guys, you dudes go on like a bunch of old women. Surprised you don't have claw marks all over each other.

New job is going pretty well so far.

New Focus is getting 30+ MPG. Info center says 30 avg MPG and the SYNC system is pretty cool too. Got a 2 meg usb drive loaded and plugged into it. Play Artist KISS

Scott you sure do, do some cypherin'.

Gonna clean on the 86 some tomrrow.

Wish I was the one stealing Scott 12 ozers.

The new office is next door to Target Chip Ganassu Indy car racing, checked it on lunch hour today, Andretti Green is right around the corner, gonna go there next week.

I think I hear pepsi and Mr. Jim Beam, calling.