The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums (https://themustangsource.com/forums/)
-   Midwest (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f642/)
-   -   Midwest TMS'ers General Communication Thread (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f642/midwest-tmsers-general-communication-thread-459585/)

tom281 10/29/07 03:28 PM

Midwest TMS'ers General Communication Thread

Just thought I'd start a thread for all of us Midwest TMS'ers to have a general conversation spot. Those of you that came to our TMS meet & greet, and those of you that didn't, speak up and let's talk!

Let's hear about updates to your car, future mods, events for next year, club outings, latest gossip, love affairs/addictions with Mustangs, etc. etc. etc. :nice:

blkstang06 10/29/07 04:13 PM

Originally Posted by tom281 (Post 1034270)
Just thought I'd start a thread for all of us Midwest TMS'ers to have a general conversation spot. Those of you that came to our TMS meet & greet, and those of you that didn't, speak up and let's talk!

Let's hear about updates to your car, future mods, events for next year, club outings, latest gossip, love affairs/addictions with Mustangs, etc. etc. etc. :nice:

Cool, Great idea! Heres where I'm at! 7 weeks into a set of roush rear window louver's ordered pre painted got'em 4 weeks ago they looked like they had been cleared in a sand storm... thats a exaggeration but not acceptable! returned them to be cleared again, supposed to be here this week!...:rolleyes: Ordered CDC chin spoiler from some cats in Atlanta I've ordered some things from these guys they do good work!! Got my second set of UD pulleys, sold the first set then changed my mind and decided to install some...:rofl2: but I think doing this on a Auto is going to suck! Is there a thread somewhere on keeping the crank from turning..:dunno: Also got a set delete plates to install after the UD pulleys.........

aircare84 10/29/07 04:23 PM

Tom,
Thanks for the thread! Good idea:nice:
Great numbers @ Brenspeed's by the way!
STD,
I just put my U/D pullies on this past weekend. Get a impact wrench! You'll probably not get the harmonic balancer bolt off w/o it. I browsed through TacoBills write up prior, it was a great help. Also, find,borrow or beg a harmonic balancer puller. That was the hardest part of my install. I used a 3 jaw puller from work, but not the best solution.
I noticed a difference after installing, nothing big, but could tell the engine revs quicker.
Delete plates will probably be my next mod, I'm gonna wait & see how Scott's install goes.
Are you putting on the rear or side window louvers?

70MACH1OWNER 10/29/07 04:53 PM

Originally Posted by blkstang06 (Post 1034291)
Cool, Great idea! Heres where I'm at! 7 weeks into a set of roush rear window louver's ordered pre painted got'em 4 weeks ago they looked like they had been cleared in a sand storm... thats a exaggeration but not acceptable! returned them to be cleared again, supposed to be here this week!...:rolleyes: Ordered CDC chin spoiler from some cats in Atlanta I've ordered some things from these guys they do good work!! Got my second set of UD pulleys, sold the first set then changed my mind and decided to install some...:rofl2: but I think doing this on a Auto is going to suck! Is there a thread somewhere on keeping the crank from turning..:dunno: Also got a set delete plates to install after the UD pulleys.........

Hi Buddy! (Scottie):rofl2:

There is an access window on the drivers side of the bellhousing you need to remove and you can put a 14 mm wrench (I think) on one the the flexplate bolts that will jam up against the bellhousing when you rotate the crank. I used a boxend wrench( with a zig-zag in it) when I did it. You cannot get the harmonic balancer bolt off without locking up the flexplate. Get a cheater pipe also you skinny hippy! :) Your going to need it. P.S. Go to Autozone and rent the puller kit they have. That is what I did! The right tools make it easy.
Scott :nice:

Thanks Tom!!!!!!!!

red454 10/29/07 05:39 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Hey Ben - here is a pic of the modified hood from Dan Brunt's car...

blkstang06 10/29/07 06:19 PM

Originally Posted by 70MACH1OWNER (Post 1034326)
Hi Buddy! (Scottie):rofl2:

There is an access window on the drivers side of the bellhousing you need to remove and you can put a 14 mm wrench (I think) on one the the flexplate bolts that will jam up against the bellhousing when you rotate the crank. I used a boxend wrench( with a zig-zag in it) when I did it. You cannot get the harmonic balancer bolt off without locking up the flexplate. Get a cheater pipe also you skinny hippy! :) Your going to need it. P.S. Go to Autozone and rent the puller kit they have. That is what I did! The right tools make it easy.
Scott :nice:

Thanks Tom!!!!!!!!

Thanks Scott! Thats the info I was looking for! and its spelled Hippie!! you Gorilla.......:jester: I've got a puller and a well endowed breaker bar! and skinny is just wishful thinking on my part, I weigh 200 pounds.....:rofl2: Hows the delete plate's coming Pop's...

tom281 10/29/07 06:36 PM

Ah, I'm loving this thread already..... :rofl3:

GRAYPNY 10/29/07 06:41 PM

Can I stop by and say "yee haw" every once in awhile since I used to live in Indiana? :jester:

blkstang06 10/29/07 06:46 PM

Originally Posted by GRAYPNY (Post 1034403)
Can I stop by and say "yee haw" every once in awhile since I used to live in Indiana? :jester:

Wow Rich! you used to be a Hoosier Daddy?.......:jester: where in Indiana did you live!

tom281 10/29/07 06:54 PM

Originally Posted by GRAYPNY (Post 1034403)

Absofreakinglutely.... come on in & grab a drink, let's shoot the bull. :cheers:

ShowGT 10/29/07 07:02 PM

Nice start to a local thread!

GRAYPNY 10/29/07 07:19 PM

Grew up in alittle town called Remington about 35 miles northwest of Lafayette just off I-65. My wife is from Lafayette and we moved to Kalifornia in 1975 before most of you puppies were born. Love the Hoosiers and when I get back to Indiana sometime in the future I'm going to look up Tom and make him take me for a ride in his bad**s Mustang! :nice:

blkstang06 10/29/07 07:56 PM

Originally Posted by GRAYPNY (Post 1034437)
Grew up in alittle town called Remington about 35 miles northwest of Lafayette just off I-65. My wife is from Lafayette and we moved to Kalifornia in 1975 before most of you puppies were born. Love the Hoosiers and when I get back to Indiana sometime in the future I'm going to look up Tom and make him take me for a ride in his bad**s Mustang! :nice:

Cool! I know where Remington is! I grew up just 60 miles from Lafayette in Danville IL, Did a year at Purdue in West Lafayette before I transfered to the University of Oregon, This puppy is was born in 1958...:rofl2:

aircare84 10/29/07 08:21 PM

Scott,
When are you installing those delete plates?
Let me know how it goes & your thoughts on them.

70MACH1OWNER 10/30/07 02:40 AM

Originally Posted by aircare84 (Post 1034491)
Scott,
When are you installing those delete plates?
Let me know how it goes & your thoughts on them.

Larry,
I didn't plan to install the delete plates until the Thankgiving weekend. I have the plates in the trunk of the car but I do not have a tune updated for them yet. I left my tuner at Brenspeeds with Brent to update my tune but I told him not to ship my tuner back until Nov. 5th. Karen and I are going on a mini vacation stating tomorrow night thru the weekend so I didn't want my tuner laying outside for 4 or 5 days. I may just have your delete plates real soon.:grin: I got an email from Brenspeed last night that may delete plates shipped yesterday. :doh: Whoops!!! While the email says it is a set of delete plates I wonder if it is really my tuner. Hope it gets here before we leave.
Scott

70MACH1OWNER 10/30/07 02:44 AM

Originally Posted by ShowGT (Post 1034420)

Jump in any time Brandon!! While I am the only sane one of the bunch :grin: the rest are really a great bunch of guys.:screwy: We have had plenty of practice teasing each other for the last 2 years. Welcome aboard!:beer:
Scott

aircare84 10/30/07 04:51 AM

Scott,
Hope you & Karen have a nice time.Enjoy:banana:
So was the opinion on the delete plates that you won't loose any low-end with them? Let me know if you do in fact recieve delete plates, we'll work something out with Brent.
Larry

tom281 10/30/07 05:13 AM

Originally Posted by ShowGT (Post 1034420)

Come on in man! :nice:

Originally Posted by GRAYPNY (Post 1034437)

Wow, you pegged that one....... born in '75 here. :poke: Come by anytime for a blessed hell ride! :metal:

:grin:

Glenn 10/30/07 05:49 AM

Morning Every one

Eleanor Dreaming 10/30/07 08:37 AM

Originally Posted by red454 (Post 1034359)
Hey Ben - here is a pic of the modified hood from Dan Brunt's car...

I like that.

Eleanor Dreaming 10/30/07 08:43 AM

The puller kit for our balancer is actually for a Mopar I think. I put a rubber band around the jaws helped to keep it on till I got pressure on the balancer. A local Mustang mechanic (he worked for Kenny Brown) suggested putting a little engine oil or anti-seize on the bolt when you install the balancer. I galded the threads in the crank, he was able to chase and clean the threads out and with a slightly longer bolt fix it.

tom281 10/30/07 09:12 AM

Originally Posted by Glenn (Post 1034618)
Morning Every one

Good morning Glenn. :nice:

blkstang06 10/30/07 09:33 AM

Originally Posted by Glenn (Post 1034618)
Morning Every one

Glenn, How did those LCA reco brackets you fabricated turn out! got any pics of the final product?

codeman94 10/30/07 10:49 AM

Hey hey...good Idea on this Tom...its nice to be able to discuss with the "locals"

tom281 10/30/07 11:08 AM

Originally Posted by codeman94 (Post 1034787)
Hey hey...good Idea on this Tom...

Yep....all these smarts in one handsome package- boy is my wife lucky or what. :dunno:

:lol: :rofl2:

blkstang06 10/30/07 03:54 PM

Hey! 70MACH1OWNER, You better start eating your Wheaties, Put my UD pulleys on this afternoon, and that crank bolt came right out!! all I used was my 18'' torque wrench, you where talking about cheater bars and such, you need to Cowboy-up!!!....:poke: :jester: I didn't use a 14mm wrench on the fly wheel bolt just clamp Vise Grips on it, they held fine..Also didn't need my pullers to get the crank pulley off! they where to big!! (I have that problem alot!)....:rofl2: I used a small pry bar and it walked off with very little effort!!..........Next are the delete plates, hurry up and do yours, so I can learn from your mistakes.....:poke: :jester: :jester:

tom281 10/30/07 04:08 PM

Originally Posted by blkstang06 (Post 1035017)
Hey! 70MACH1OWNER, You better start eating your Wheaties, Put my UD pulleys on this afternoon, and that crank bolt came right out!! all I used was my 18'' torque wrench, you where talking about cheater bars and such, you need to Cowboy-up!!!....:poke: :jester: I didn't use a 14mm wrench on the fly wheel bolt just clamp Vise Grips on it, they held fine..Also didn't need my pullers to get the crank pulley off! they where to big!! (I have that problem alot!)....:rofl2: I used a small pry bar and it walked off with very little effort!!..........Next are the delete plates, hurry up and do yours, so I can learn from your mistakes.....:poke: :jester: :jester:

Congrats on the pulley install, meathead! And I posted a thread earlier this year about the delete plate install, it's easy, so easy. Easiest mod I've done so far besides loading a tune and bolting on the JLT cai (you know, back before I got blown :poke: ). :grin:

70MACH1OWNER 10/30/07 04:23 PM

Originally Posted by aircare84 (Post 1034601)
Scott,
Hope you & Karen have a nice time.Enjoy:banana:
So was the opinion on the delete plates that you won't loose any low-end with them? Let me know if you do in fact recieve delete plates, we'll work something out with Brent.
Larry

Hey Larry,
Well I called Brenspeed today to see if they really shipped me another set and they did not. It was a computer generated email with no parts being shipped. Sorry! As far as Brent's opinion of the delete plates goes he seemed less harsh on them as far as them costing anything on the low end. He did say the real horsepower is up high. He also said he thought they felt better on the auto trans than the manual which made no sense at all to me. I will get them on over the Thanksgiving weekend and will post my honest "butt - o - meter" results. Steeda says they are worth 10 X 10. Brent says 5-8 is more realistic. I will be happy when I can be N/A and put down 300/300 at the wheels with the auto trans. My gut tells me it will take the cams to get there.
Scott

ShowGT 10/30/07 04:25 PM

Good afternoon folks, just cleaned mine up. No need to get dirty and greasy around here. Maybe I will post a photo later.

70MACH1OWNER 10/30/07 04:33 PM

Originally Posted by blkstang06 (Post 1035017)

You do man!! :hail: You would not have got my "nut" loose with any 18" torque wrench. "Vise Grips"? How abusive!!!!. :shame: Shame on you! The wrench of choice for the ......................................!:grin: Glad you got them on. I put a tape on my front and rear wheelwells last nite and was surprised to see that the rear was only 5/8 inch higher than the front. So I guess you are right that anything over 3/4 drop on the rear would make it look low in the butt end. I will look for some cheap Roush rear springs. Are you going to buy a forth set anytime soon??:jester:
Scott

tom281 10/30/07 04:36 PM

Originally Posted by 70MACH1OWNER (Post 1035052)
You do man!! :hail: You would not have got my "nut" loose with any 18" torque wrench. "Vise Grips"? How abusive!!!!. :shame: Shame on you! The wrench of choice for the ......................................!:grin: Glad you got them on.
I put a tape on my front and rear wheelwells last nite and was surprised to see that the rear was only 5/8 inch higher than the front. So I guess you are right that anything over 3/4 drop on the rear would make it look low in the butt end. I will look for some cheap Roush rear springs. Are you going to buy a forth set anytime soon??:jester:
Scott

Cheap Roush rear springs = $125 unless you find used. You could always cut your stockers..... :poke: Just kidding, I'm not a fan of that although I know people that have done so.

70MACH1OWNER 10/30/07 04:53 PM

Originally Posted by tom281 (Post 1035059)
Cheap Roush rear springs = $125 unless you find used. You could always cut your stockers..... :poke: Just kidding, I'm not a fan of that although I know people that have done so.

I agree. I will not cut the stockers. I don't see how they sit in the springs seats after you do that. :screwy:

70MACH1OWNER 10/30/07 05:08 PM

Originally Posted by Eleanor Dreaming (Post 1034687)
The puller kit for our balancer is actually for a Mopar I think. I put a rubber band around the jaws helped to keep it on till I got pressure on the balancer. A local Mustang mechanic (he worked for Kenny Brown) suggested putting a little engine oil or anti-seize on the bolt when you install the balancer. I galded the threads in the crank, he was able to chase and clean the threads out and with a slightly longer bolt fix it.

Whoa Ben...I would have been sweating bullets on that gualded crank thread issue. :shame: I believe the Steeda instructions tell you to apply some oil to that bolt. Glad it all worked out for you!!!:metal:
Scott

70MACH1OWNER 10/30/07 05:09 PM

Originally Posted by ShowGT (Post 1035042)
Good afternoon folks, just cleaned mine up. No need to get dirty and greasy around here. Maybe I will post a photo later.

We are waiting Brandon..:jester: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:
Scott

ShowGT 10/30/07 05:14 PM

Ok Scott, I will post some up in a bit here. The steaks are about done, so they have priority at this time.

aircare84 10/30/07 05:20 PM

Originally Posted by 70MACH1OWNER (Post 1035040)
Hey Larry,
Well I called Brenspeed today to see if they really shipped me another set and they did not. It was a computer generated email with no parts being shipped. Sorry! As far as Brent's opinion of the delete plates goes he seemed less harsh on them as far as them costing anything on the low end. He did say the real horsepower is up high. He also said he thought they felt better on the auto trans than the manual which made no sense at all to me. I will get them on over the Thanksgiving weekend and will post my honest "butt - o - meter" results. Steeda says they are worth 10 X 10. Brent says 5-8 is more realistic. I will be happy when I can be N/A and put down 300/300 at the wheels with the auto trans. My gut tells me it will take the cams to get there.
Scott

Scott,
I'll be interested in seeing what you have to say after you get yours on. I'll probably go the O/R H first on mine. I'm liking Steve's sound clip with the O/R H & GTA's.
Guess we'll never be completly satisfied, eh?
Larry

blkstang06 10/30/07 05:23 PM

Originally Posted by 70MACH1OWNER (Post 1035052)
You do man!! :hail: You would not have got my "nut" loose with any 18" torque wrench. "Vise Grips"? How abusive!!!!. :shame: Shame on you! The wrench of choice for the ......................................!:grin: Glad you got them on. I put a tape on my front and rear wheelwells last nite and was surprised to see that the rear was only 5/8 inch higher than the front. So I guess you are right that anything over 3/4 drop on the rear would make it look low in the butt end. I will look for some cheap Roush rear springs. Are you going to buy a forth set anytime soon??:jester:
Scott

Scott, I've read some of the trouble thats been had with the crank bolt, I got lucky this time. As far as the Vise grips go they where applied with surgical precision....:grin: Quit being cheap, just get a set of lowering springs and of set Tokico HP's and don't look back! You and TopGun crack me up! ...Put a ton of money in your cars on mods and then cheap out on what in truth is the most important aspect of your Stang the suspension.......:poke: ....:rofl2:

tom281 10/30/07 05:29 PM

Originally Posted by blkstang06 (Post 1035101)
Scott, I've read some of the trouble thats been had with the crank bolt, I got lucky this time. As far as the Vise grips go they where applied with surgical precision....:grin: Quit being cheap, just get a set of lowering springs and of set Tokico HP's and don't look back! You and TopGun crack me up! ...Put a ton of money in your cars on mods and then cheap out on what in truth is the most important aspect of your Stang the suspension.......:poke: ....:rofl2:

Cheap out? Steeda LCAs, Steeda Ajd. Panhard, and Steeda Springs? Sure I haven't gone with struts and shocks but there are no advantages for me to do so with my driving style (you know, flat Indiana ground with wide open back country roads). I did just enough suspension mods to eliminate my wheel hop, and I'm happy LOL! :rofl2:

ShowGT 10/30/07 05:33 PM

Here you go Scott:

http://www.truckblog.com/gallery/showya/30131.jpg

70MACH1OWNER 10/30/07 05:53 PM

Originally Posted by ShowGT (Post 1035113)

Pretty!!!:metal: I am liking that hood and spoiler!! You have really done a nice job on your car!!! :nice: Have you made the hood functional??
Scott

ShowGT 10/30/07 07:26 PM

As matter of fact, yes it is functional and averages 19-21 MPG in the city. I drive it maybe 2 days a week and 1 day on the weekend.

Second photo shows before the stripes, the openings are open and flow very nicely.

http://www.truckblog.com/gallery/showya/30146.jpg

http://www.truckblog.com/gallery/ShowYa/17281.jpg

dly 10/30/07 07:42 PM

Well I finally find where you guys were hiddin!!

Let me get caught up:

in 75 I was married and working my Butt off to pay for my brand new 74 AMC Gremlin X.:metal:

Why do you guys want the delete plates???? You don't need them when you get a Saleen SC.:jester: or the UDP either.

tom281 10/30/07 07:46 PM

Hi Darrell, hope you're feeling better. Must be hell to be old. :dunno:

:grin:

70MACH1OWNER 10/31/07 04:44 AM

Originally Posted by dly (Post 1035232)
Well I finally find where you guys were hiddin!!

Let me get caught up:

in 75 I was married and working my Butt off to pay for my brand new 74 AMC Gremlin X.:metal:

Why do you guys want the delete plates???? You don't need them when you get a Saleen SC.:jester: or the UDP either.

Hey Darrell,
We got married in 1975 also. We were trying to pay off a 1971 Super Beetle, 1974 Mustang II and both go the college. Both those cars put together didn't put out the horsepower of just one rear wheel on our stock stangs. :jester: Those were the days.
Scott

Glenn 10/31/07 06:44 AM

rain today maybe. Morning

dly 10/31/07 06:49 AM

Originally Posted by 70MACH1OWNER (Post 1035367)
Hey Darrell,
We got married in 1975 also. We were trying to pay off a 1971 Super Beetle, 1974 Mustang II and both go the college. Both those cars put together didn't put out the horsepower of just one rear wheel on our stock stangs. :jester: Those were the days.
Scott

Actually got married on Ground Hog's day in 74

Hi Darrell, hope you're feeling better. Must be hell to be old. :dunno:

Yup I just signed up for my ARRP card, keep working that OT so I can get my SS check (it pays for all my Mods) and my walker should be in next week.:jester:

Glenn 10/31/07 06:56 AM

Originally Posted by blkstang06 (Post 1034725)
Glenn, How did those LCA reco brackets you fabricated turn out! got any pics of the final product?

http://forums.bradbarnett.net/attach...9&d=1193787984
Not real purdy but they are on the car and working well. :nice: Saved myself at least 100 bucks

dly 10/31/07 07:09 AM

Just found my next Mod.
http://mustangworld.com/ourpics/News...DUCT/index.htm

:banana: :jester: :banana:

Eleanor Dreaming 10/31/07 07:27 AM

Scott, yes I scared to a pucker factor of 10 on the sphincter scale.

We cut my stock springs and put them in my son's 06. It has worked fine so far, been that way for approx 3,000 miles. On the fronts you have to kinda clock them on the strut, once you get the mount on top and tightened it worked fine. No noise and ride is similar to the way it was, with the 20" wheels. uck

Eleanor Dreaming 10/31/07 07:35 AM

My next Mod, if all goes as planned will be coming from Brent in about 8 weeks. The best thing is my wife even wants it. I'm not going to say what it is, but it starts with 'S' ends with 'n' and comes in stages. :banana: :banana: :lol: :lol: :metal: :metal:

70MACH1OWNER 10/31/07 07:39 AM

Originally Posted by dly (Post 1035437)
Just found my next Mod.

Thats cool Darrell. Than your car could looks as good as Tom's and mine. :poke: :jester:

70MACH1OWNER 10/31/07 07:50 AM

Originally Posted by Eleanor Dreaming (Post 1035456)
My next Mod, if all goes as planned will be coming from Brent in about 8 weeks. The best thing is my wife even wants it. I not going to say what it is, but it starts with 'S' ends with 'n' and comes in stages. :banana: :banana: :lol: :lol: :metal: :metal:

:dunno: I will have to think about this one awhile.

tom281 10/31/07 09:05 AM

Originally Posted by dly (Post 1035437)
Just found my next Mod.

What, full Ipod integration or the light weight seats? :grin: Just kidding, sounds kinda cool. Hopefully no way for water to get into the blower.

My next Mod, if all goes as planned will be coming from Brent in about 8 weeks. The best thing is my wife even wants it. I not going to say what it is, but it starts with 'S' ends with 'n' and comes in stages. :banana: :banana: :lol: :lol: :metal: :metal:

I know I know I know! I hand my hand raised first, you just couldn't see it. :rofl2: Congrats Ben! :banana:

Originally Posted by 70MACH1OWNER (Post 1035459)
Thats cool Darrell. Than your car could looks as good as Tom's and mine. :poke: :jester:

:lol: :lol: hahahahaha

blkstang06 10/31/07 02:31 PM

Originally Posted by Glenn (Post 1035426)
http://forums.bradbarnett.net/attach...9&d=1193787984
Not real purdy but they are on the car and working well. :nice: Saved myself at least 100 bucks

Glenn. , they turned out looking good!....:nice:

sjenkins49 10/31/07 05:03 PM

Well $1000 later and I finally have the exhaust sound I was looking for. Some of you heard my car with the O/R h pipe and the GTA's. I thought it sounded kind of raspy. I replaced the GTA's with Borla Stingers and now love the sound. And yes the Stingers drone. If it drives me crazy I may try the resonators. I will probably be selling the GTA's.

tom281 10/31/07 05:07 PM

Originally Posted by sjenkins49 (Post 1035833)
Well $1000 later and I finally have the exhaust sound I was looking for. Some of you heard my car with the O/R h pipe and the GTA's. I thought it sounded kind of raspy. I replaced the GTA's with Borla Stingers and now love the sound. And yes the Stingers drone. If it drives me crazy I may try the resonators. I will probably be selling the GTA's.

Ah, offroad H with Stingers. You shoulda took my car for a drive, I've got the same but with the resonators. Congrats. :nice:

blkstang06 10/31/07 05:22 PM

Its only money!....:rofl2: The Stingers do sound good.....I've been thinking about going back to the drone myself!

70MACH1OWNER 10/31/07 05:25 PM

Originally Posted by blkstang06 (Post 1035843)
Its only money!....:rofl2: The Stingers do sound good.....I've been thinking about going back to the drone myself!

Just take the battery out of your hearing aid old man and they won't bother you a bit. :jester:

blkstang06 10/31/07 05:35 PM

Originally Posted by 70MACH1OWNER (Post 1035847)
Just take the battery out of your hearing aid old man and they won't bother you a bit. :jester:

:lol: My hearing is about the only thing that still works..... well almost!:grin: I tell you one thing I hear and thats cricket's on delete plate install, in South West Ohio...:rofl2: Whats the matter you going to get Topgun to come down and install them for you!.... What! you need a cheater bar for that mod too!!....:poke: :jester: :jester:

blkstang06 10/31/07 05:42 PM

My next Mod, if all goes as planned will be coming from Brent in about 8 weeks. The best thing is my wife even wants it. I'm not going to say what it is, but it starts with 'S' ends with 'n' and comes in stages. :banana: :banana: :lol: :lol: :metal: :metal:

S-a-l-e-e-n

70MACH1OWNER 10/31/07 05:43 PM

Originally Posted by blkstang06 (Post 1035853)
:lol: My hearing is about the only thing that still works..... well almost!:grin: I tell you one thing I hear and thats cricket's on delete plate install, in South West Ohio...:rofl2: Whats the matter you going to get Topgun to come down and install them for you!.... What! you need a cheater bar for that mod too!!....:poke: :jester: :jester:

Maybe I was wrong about the hearing aid thingy. :poke: You must need glasses. As I said a few posts back "I DON"T HAVE A TUNE YET" Can you see that? What would you like me to do. Put them on and sit in the garage and make vroom...vroom noises?:jester:

70MACH1OWNER 10/31/07 05:58 PM

Originally Posted by blkstang06 (Post 1035859)
S-a-l-e-e-n

Hey Ben,
If old Scottie here is right then you will be needing to sell that 75 horse shot of NO2 won't ya. :metal: If he is correct.......CONGRATS!:hail:

blkstang06 10/31/07 06:10 PM

Originally Posted by 70MACH1OWNER (Post 1035860)
Maybe I was wrong about the hearing aid thingy. :poke: You must need glasses. As I said a few posts back "I DON"T HAVE A TUNE YET" Can you see that? What would you like me to do. Put them on and sit in the garage and make vroom...vroom noises?:jester:

Turn the radio on till your tuner gets in !!...:jester: Here Grump I did the leg work for you!!.....
http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-MUSTANG-ROUS...QQcmdZViewItem These are supposed to work with the factory dampers

sjenkins49 10/31/07 07:26 PM

Originally Posted by tom281 (Post 1035836)
Ah, offroad H with Stingers. You shoulda took my car for a drive, I've got the same but with the resonators. Congrats. :nice:

Tom do the resonators help?

tom281 10/31/07 07:40 PM

Originally Posted by sjenkins49 (Post 1035942)

Well, I added the resonators because the Stingers with the offroad H would "trumpet" or resonate at around 2500 rpm. I don't mean drone, but a definite resonation that sounded kinda funky and I didn't like it. It was enough to drive me to put in resonators; I drove for a long time without the 'nators and I know people that have too, but eventually it got to me so I had them installed.

They took away that trumpeting, and really knocked down the drone. The system sounds deeper with them, however not quite as loud and aggressive. It's still pretty loud, but not quite as much.

Maybe get 70MACH1OWNER's take on them, he's heard my car quite a few times now. :nice:

aircare84 10/31/07 07:53 PM

Steve,
I thought your sound clips with the O/R H & GTA's sounded good, although in person I'll agree with you, thought it had a raspy tone. O/R H will probably be my next mod. I'll see how it sounds with the Pypes mid-muffler setup first, but I'm thinking it'll be a little loud for my age:jester:
Can you get the Pt#'s for those 3rd brakelight sockets for me? 've hit up all my local parts stores & no luck. I don't want to pay Ford's prices for 2 light sockets.
Thanks,
Larry

blkstang06 10/31/07 08:17 PM

Originally Posted by aircare84 (Post 1035975)
Steve,
I thought your sound clips with the O/R H & GTA's sounded good, although in person I'll agree with you, thought it had a raspy tone. O/R H will probably be my next mod. I'll see how it sounds with the Pypes mid-muffler setup first, but I'm thinking it'll be a little loud for my age:jester:
Can you get the Pt#'s for those 3rd brakelight sockets for me? 've hit up all my local parts stores & no luck. I don't want to pay Ford's prices for 2 light sockets.
Thanks,
Larry

Larry how do like the pypes mid's, it looks like a nice setup to me!

70MACH1OWNER 11/1/07 02:51 AM

Originally Posted by sjenkins49 (Post 1035942)

Hey Steve,
Tom is right I have heard his car with the resonators several times now from the rear. It has a very good overall sound to it. I can tell you that the resonators seem to really knock down the trumpets as Tom calls it. But it also seems to have a muffling effect also. They definitely do not seem as loud with the resonators. Not that is a bad thing just an observation. I ran Borla's for a year with cats. Loved the sound, hated the drone. Went with an offroad pipe with them for 2 days. I couldn't take it. That's how I ended up with the GTA's. I also agree with Larry and you that they are raspy sounding at times and they also have a cackling sound that I guess is trumpting. But I also love them at WOT. I have toyed with the idea of the resonators but simply got tired of exhaust changes. But I can tell you that the resonators really do change the tone of the exhaust. They seem to take the rough edges off of the exhaust sound is how I would best describe it.

See you all in 4 days...Headed to North Carolina in 5 minutes. Biltmore Estate bound. Later
Scott:nice:

tom281 11/1/07 04:21 AM

Originally Posted by 70MACH1OWNER (Post 1036125)
Hey Steve,
Tom is right I have heard his car with the resonators several times now from the rear.......
Scott:nice:

From the rear, hahahahaha :poke: :poke:

:rofl2:

Glenn 11/1/07 05:33 AM

yo!!

Glenn 11/1/07 05:36 AM

Bed sheets

An extremely modest man was in the hospital for a series of tests, the last of which had left his bodily systems extremely upset.

Upon making several false alarm trips to the bathroom, he decided the latest episode was another and stayed put. He suddenly filled his bed with diarrhea and was embarrassed beyond his ability to remain rational.

In a complete loss of composure he jumped out of bed, gathered up the bed sheets, and threw them out the hospital window.

A drunk was walking by the hospital when the sheets landed on him. He started yelling, cursing, and swinging his arms violently trying to get the unknown things off, and ended up with the soiled sheets in a tangled pile at his feet.

As the drunk stood there, unsteady on his feet, staring down at the sheets, a hospital security guard, (barely containing his (laughter), and who had watched the whole incident, walked up and asked, "What the heck is going on here?"

The drunk, still staring down replied: "I think I just beat the s**t out of a ghost."

Happy Halloween

red454 11/1/07 06:19 AM

Ha! Good one -

Another chuckle...

A guy walks into a bar with his pet monkey.
He orders a drink and while he's drinking, the monkey
jumps all around the place.

The monkey grabs s ome olives off the bar and eats them.
Then he grabs some sliced limes and eats them. He then jumps
onto the pool table and grabs one of the billiard balls.

To everyone's amazement, he sticks it in his mouth, and
somehow swallows it whole.

The bartender screams at the guy, 'Did you see what your
monkey just did?'

'No, what?'

'He just ate the cue ball off my pool table... whole!'

'Yeah, that doesn't surprise me,' replied the guy,
'he eats everything in sight. Sorry! I'll pay for the
cue ball and stuff.'

The guy finishes his drink, pays his bill, pays for the
stuff the monkey ate and leaves.

Two weeks later the guy is in the bar again, and has his
monkey with him. He orders a drink and the monkey starts
running around the bar again. While the man is finishing
his drink, the monkey finds a maraschino cherry on the bar.
He grabs it, sticks it up his butt, pulls it out, and eats it.
T h en the monkey finds a peanut, and again sticks it up his butt,
Pulls it out, and eats it.

The bartender is disgusted. 'Did you see what your
monkey did now?'

'No, what?' replied the man.

'Well, he stuck a maraschino cherry and a peanut up his butt,
pulled them out, and ate them!' said the bartender.

'Yeah, that doesn't surprise me,' replied the guy. 'He sti ll
eats everything in sight, but ever since he had to poop that cue ball,
he measures everything first.'

Eleanor Dreaming 11/1/07 09:07 AM

:lol: :lol: :lol:

sjenkins49 11/1/07 02:55 PM

Originally Posted by aircare84 (Post 1035975)
Steve,
Thanks,
Larry

Sorry Larry I forgot.
http://www.pepboys.com/
Part# 85885

I could not find these in the store but was able to order online. $5.61 each

Glenn 11/1/07 05:48 PM

this is to much like a tech thread :grin:
http://flightsimx.archive.amnesia.com.au/
board?

aircare84 11/1/07 06:19 PM

Steve,
Thanks for the pt. # I'll check around for those. No Pepboys around here.

aircare84 11/1/07 06:29 PM

Originally Posted by blkstang06 (Post 1035995)
Larry how do like the pypes mid's, it looks like a nice setup to me!

Overall, I like the setup. No drone,loud enough even when cruising. Not as deep of a tone as I had with the GTA's but a noticable increase in loudness.Great if you like the 'burbling' old school sound.I'm planning on going to a O/R H,probably have to go back with the GTA's then, as I'm sure it would be too loud with the mid-mufflers for my tastes.
I had some minor fit issues with it,darn lot of pieces.

blkstang06 11/1/07 06:41 PM

Originally Posted by aircare84 (Post 1036662)
Overall, I like the setup. No drone,loud enough even when cruising. Not as deep of a tone as I had with the GTA's but a noticable increase in loudness.Great if you like the 'burbling' old school sound.I'm planning on going to a O/R H,probably have to go back with the GTA's then, as I'm sure it would be too loud with the mid-mufflers for my tastes.
I had some minor fit issues with it,darn lot of pieces.

Thanks for the feedback Larry! After I get my delete plates on in a couple weeks, I plan installing a O/R H pipe going to see how I like it with my GTA's before I make any other exhaust changes!.........Thanks again!

blkstang06 11/1/07 07:02 PM

Originally Posted by Glenn (Post 1036617)
this is to much like a tech thread :grin:
http://flightsimx.archive.amnesia.com.au/
board?

Glenn, I hate to change the subject! but do you have any pics of your Stang with your Roush front fascia on , that got to look slick in Legend Lime!!

blkstang06 11/1/07 07:10 PM

Hey tom281, no posts in here since 5:21 am . What happen the boss woman ground you from the computer this evening ?.... you been a bad boy!.....:jester: Oh' and while I'm bustin' your jewels a little....wheres the track footage YOU!!!! promised...:poke: :dunno:

dly 11/1/07 07:27 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Attachment 34942

:jester:

tom281 11/1/07 09:32 PM

Originally Posted by blkstang06 (Post 1036704)
Hey tom281, no posts in here since 5:21 am . What happen the boss woman ground you from the computer this evening ?.... you been a bad boy!.....:jester: Oh' and while I'm bustin' your jewels a little....wheres the track footage YOU!!!! promised...:poke: :dunno:

Sorry been alittle busy this week..... Indianapolis, Detroit, Batavia ILL, and today St. Louis. Just got back from the airport, I'm tired. I think my wife took one video of my last track experience, I'll try to post it this weekend. I'm going to bed now for tonight.

codeman94 11/2/07 06:20 AM

anyone notice I changed my avatar last night?...I changed it back after about an hour becuase I was having an identity crisis.

red454 11/2/07 06:49 AM

I have not figured out Tom's avatar - I meant to ask him about it in Brown County but forgot...

Tom???

dly 11/2/07 07:50 AM

Originally Posted by red454 (Post 1036962)
I have not figured out Tom's avatar - I meant to ask him about it in Brown County but forgot...

Tom???

Thats tom's friend with some gas pains:poke:

tom281 11/2/07 08:30 AM

Originally Posted by red454 (Post 1036962)

Tom???

Originally Posted by dly (Post 1036990)
Thats tom's friend with some gas pains:poke:

It is a photo of the lead singer for the band Tool during a recent concert. Don't let the cowboy hat fool you, they don't sing country. :metal:

red454 11/2/07 10:27 AM

Ah - gotcha. My eyes must be bad. I don't see a cowboy hat. But I do see a big, ummm, yellow banana-like thingy?

I am due for my first set of bifocals on the next eye doc visit...

codeman94 11/2/07 10:36 AM

yeah that pic looks animated.

tom281 11/2/07 11:34 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Good catch Cody! If you're really good, you'll notice that is a mohawk he's sporting! Go Maynard!!!

In motion:

http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...281/cowboy.gif

Still shot attached:

red454 11/2/07 02:42 PM

So, the mystery is solved. I don't know how long I have stared at that trying to figure it out... Whew...

tom281 11/2/07 04:21 PM

Here you go STD, this is all I got from this fall....... a no traction, spinning thru 3rd run that netted a 12.8 but almost 119 mph!

http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g1.../th_JPG_00.jpg

red454 11/2/07 05:11 PM

What was in the other lane? Looked like a Pontiac???

tom281 11/2/07 05:29 PM

It was a GTP with a modified blower.... when it ran by itself you could hear the blower all the way down the track. But in this vid, you pretty much can only hear my exhaust LOL! :grin:

red454 11/2/07 06:01 PM

He was certainly behind you, but looks like he somewhat kept up... Sort of surprised me. He must have been pushing it to the limit.

Glenn 11/2/07 06:01 PM

Michelob time

Glenn 11/2/07 06:02 PM

Originally Posted by blkstang06 (Post 1036693)
Glenn, I hate to change the subject! but do you have any pics of your Stang with your Roush front fascia on , that got to look slick in Legend Lime!!

sure doooo I'll post a few later

Glenn 11/2/07 06:03 PM

http://www.tigerdroppings.com/rant/m....asp?p=5906761
babe thread from the lsu website

blkstang06 11/2/07 06:21 PM

Originally Posted by Glenn (Post 1037381)
sure doooo I'll post a few later

Sounds good Glenn!.........Thanks!

Originally Posted by red454 (Post 1037331)
What was in the other lane? Looked like a Pontiac???

Thanks for posting the vid!.....I couldn't tell what meat where you running....

tom281 11/3/07 05:40 AM

Originally Posted by blkstang06 (Post 1037397)
Thanks for posting the vid!.....I couldn't tell what meat where you running....

I prefer to run my own meat, thank you......

As far as tires go, 18" DD bullitts up front (HEAVY) and 17" bald BFG 275/40 DRs out back. The combo of old rear tires and that size with my 4.10 gears is why I'm already in 3rd gear by the time the other car is hitting 2nd. Until I get taller tires, I almost think I'd be better off launching in 2nd gear, that's what I usually do on the street.

blkstang06 11/3/07 07:03 AM

Originally Posted by tom281 (Post 1037555)
I prefer to run my own meat, thank you......

As far as tires go, 18" DD bullitts up front (HEAVY) and 17" bald BFG 275/40 DRs out back. The combo of old rear tires and that size with my 4.10 gears is why I'm already in 3rd gear by the time the other car is hitting 2nd. Until I get taller tires, I almost think I'd be better off launching in 2nd gear, that's what I usually do on the street.

Gee!Tom, as stating you prefer to run your own meat, are you implying that you have ran someone Else's meat before?.......or your willing! but you just prefer your own ....or maybe it just depends on who is willing to let you run their meat!:poke: :jester: :rofl2: As far as tires go! your right, if your going get serious about track rattin' it, your going to have to set up like the big boy's do. So your launch was a little limp! you still straitened it out and pounded it hard at the end.......:jester: :nice: