The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums (https://themustangsource.com/forums/)
-   Midwest (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f642/)
-   -   Midwest TMS'ers General Communication Thread (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f642/midwest-tmsers-general-communication-thread-459585/)

tom281 6/15/08 04:26 PM

Originally Posted by red454 (Post 5584527)
I know - it will probably be next week until I can get the stripes on. Rob at Baltimore Street Mods is on vacation... I actually laid sheets of white paper in two rows on it yesterday. Man, I need help.

Seriously though, the hood looks great! Congrats man, that's a sweet look!

Originally Posted by aircare84 (Post 5584537)
Happy Fathers Day & Happy B-Day Tom:banana:

See what my kids got me:cool:

Holy moly that's awesome! I'd almost be afraid to eat it though! :p

What a great weekend.... and just when it couldn't get any better, little E won his first race in 2 years. :metal:Time to celebrate now! :banana:

Stoenr 6/15/08 08:58 PM

Haha, thats awesome! I got one with my car on it for my birthday, cant find the pic tho.

70MACH1OWNER 6/16/08 04:53 AM

Nice cake Larry!!:nice: Hate to put the knife to that baby.

frdtch05gt 6/16/08 05:09 AM

Whoa, that cake is awesome! :nice:

tom281 6/16/08 06:56 PM

quiet day.

red454 6/16/08 08:00 PM

Too quiet...

Interesting -

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,367642,00.html

and two links to info about oil shale use...

http://www.glennbeck.com/content/art...cle/196/11464/

http://ostseis.anl.gov/guide/oilshale/index.cfm

ov3n 6/16/08 09:44 PM

You dudes...
Gurley Leep's body shop has quoted me about $425 to paint and install my GT/CS front bumper... Does that sound reasonable?

GrnT 6/16/08 10:18 PM

Originally Posted by ov3n (Post 5585304)
You dudes...
Gurley Leep's body shop has quoted me about $425 to paint and install my GT/CS front bumper... Does that sound reasonable?

Thats about what I got quoted. Same shop told me 3000 for painted stripes (Whole Car) then I found a family owned shop that Quoted me 750 for stripes. Look around for a better price first.

ov3n 6/16/08 10:33 PM

Wow, 750!?? Did they do a good job?

GrnT 6/16/08 10:45 PM

I haven't had it done yet. I do think about it allot. Painting stripes seems so permanent. I saw 2 cars that they did, that looked great. Down in lakeville Mn. Take your time look around and ask for picture samples of cars they have done. You will be happy in the end.

ov3n 6/16/08 10:55 PM

Good info. :)
Dont know if i'll ever get striped, but always an option!
I'm trying too hard right now to make my car not look like a clone of Tom's! :)

frdtch05gt 6/17/08 05:16 AM

My car is about to look more like a GT/CS as well, bumpers are going in place tomorrow. A friend of mine who works at a body shop prepped and painted them both for me for $500.

Glenn 6/17/08 05:42 AM

http://www.fullthrottleforums.com/sh...ad.php?t=24859
watch the vid

Glenn 6/17/08 05:42 AM

Morning Folks

This forum requires that you wait 30 seconds between posts. Please try again in 16 seconds.

Glenn 6/17/08 05:44 AM

Originally Posted by frdtch05gt (Post 5584779)
Whoa, that cake is awesome! :nice:

that was a nice cake! My Wife makes cakes like that.

tom281 6/17/08 06:08 AM

Originally Posted by Glenn (Post 5585395)

someone should run over those dudes haahahhaa :rofl2:

70MACH1OWNER 6/17/08 07:25 AM

Morning all!!

tom281 6/17/08 07:48 AM

Hey Scott, are you ready to buy some coils yet from your good buddy JR Granatelli? :poke:

:jester:

70MACH1OWNER 6/17/08 12:10 PM

Originally Posted by tom281 (Post 5585457)
Hey Scott, are you ready to buy some coils yet from your good buddy JR Granatelli? :poke:

:jester:

Ha Ha...Yeah I'll buy the second set if you buy the 1st set at JR's latest price. :jester: Can't believe that thread have taken 2 1/2 months for him to admit the numbers GMS uses in their own advertisement about their coils never came from them but rather Moss Mustang. Tells me everything I needed to know about that mod.

Also I got a check engine light again last night. Same as 4-6 weeks ago. P0456 (small leak Evap system) Most likely problem is the gas cap is not sealing. Turned the DTC off and will see if it returns again. The cap is tight. At least as tight as the ratchett will like you tighten it. Might need to get a new one. Don't know.

tom281 6/17/08 06:32 PM

bump beotches

70MACH1OWNER 6/17/08 06:36 PM

Originally Posted by tom281 (Post 5585908)
bump beotches

I am probably going to get banded but I trump your bump...........

:jester::bump::bump:

I think I may have forgot about the 5 second rule!!:jester:

red454 6/17/08 07:19 PM

Hey - I am getting close to having my ram air box prototype finished up and I could use a spare top.

If anyone has a factory air box they don't want anymore, let me know...

tom281 6/18/08 03:49 PM

:poke:HELLO! :poke:

Stoenr 6/18/08 03:51 PM

I'm trying to work here!

70MACH1OWNER 6/18/08 03:51 PM

Originally Posted by tom281 (Post 5586431)
:poke:HELLO! :poke:

Where have you been? I have checked in 3 times today. But since I made like 3 out of the last 6 posts I didn't want to be to much of a post whore! :jester:

codeman94 6/18/08 04:16 PM

too late.:jester:

frdtch05gt 6/19/08 05:01 AM

I didn't get my bumpers done yesterday like planned, my buddy that painted them had something come up at the last minute that prevented him from meeting up with me. We're going to try again Sunday morning, hopefully this will be all done then.

Glenn 6/19/08 05:37 AM

sunday it is then .....we hope

tom281 6/19/08 06:03 AM

Originally Posted by frdtch05gt (Post 5586647)
I didn't get my bumpers done yesterday like planned, my buddy that painted them had something come up at the last minute that prevented him from meeting up with me. We're going to try again Sunday morning, hopefully this will be all done then.

Originally Posted by Glenn (Post 5586659)
sunday it is then .....we hope

+1, get'em done, let's see them. :nice:

red454 6/19/08 06:25 AM

Here's a wake up call for you...

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=3b2_1213822558

Glenn 6/19/08 09:37 AM

nice vid Red ......

dly 6/19/08 07:14 PM

All shined up and packed heading for Dublin, Oh. in the morning. I got a ruling from the head Judge that allowes me to have a display with my car. I'm taking my laptop, perhaps I can post from the Hotel.

aircare84 6/19/08 08:25 PM

Be looking for you dly:nice:
I'll try to stop by Fri.on the way home from work, if not Scott & I will be over Sat. around noon.

Good luck!

70MACH1OWNER 6/20/08 05:36 AM

Yep, should be there noonish or so. Larry...I will give you a call on your cell when I am getting close.
Scott

Glenn 6/20/08 07:18 AM

Originally Posted by dly (Post 5587001)
All shined up and packed heading for Dublin, Oh. in the morning. I got a ruling from the head Judge that allowes me to have a display with my car. I'm taking my laptop, perhaps I can post from the Hotel.

Rock oN

Glenn 6/20/08 07:19 AM

WoooooHoooooo Friday

codeman94 6/20/08 02:33 PM

went to the drive-in last night....saw Kung Fu Panda....I've seen better, but it wasnt that bad.

Stoenr 6/20/08 02:34 PM

Got a drive in theater by ya?

ov3n 6/20/08 03:50 PM

Going to be installing MAC Longtubes tomorrow and Steeda pullies. Yay! We will be on a lift. We are going to attempt the install by supporting the engine and removing the front subframe. That should give us more than enough room to work with up in there.

70MACH1OWNER 6/20/08 03:52 PM

Ye...Ha! The drive-in was the best when I was 16,17,18 & 19 yrs. old. Some good memories. At last...they are gone around me for the last 6-7 years. :(

70MACH1OWNER 6/20/08 03:55 PM

Originally Posted by ov3n (Post 5587464)
Going to be installing MAC Longtubes tomorrow and Steeda pullies. Yay! We will be on a lift. We are going to attempt the install by supporting the engine and removing the front subframe. That should give us more than enough room to work with up in there.

Hey Nick...sounds like alot of work to remove the front subframe. No need to do that with most header brands. You might want to re-consider that. Never heard of any brand that required that.
Scott

aircare84 6/20/08 04:09 PM

Mustang Heaven:banana:

Stopped by the show in Dublin,OH on my way home today. Most Mustangs I've ever seen in one place. All years,colors,models etc. Alot had their covers on, Sat & Sun will be the big days.
Met dly & chatted w/him a bit.

Scott,
I'll talk w/you tomorrow. Saw a Boss 429 same green as yours there:nice:
Chance of rain going down, now calling for mostly sunny:poke:

Nick,
Let us know how your install goes,I'm betting you're in for a full day.
Mounts show up yet?

Rest of you will be missing a nice show, I'll get pics.

red454 6/20/08 05:34 PM

Originally Posted by aircare84 (Post 5587470)

Stopped by the show in Dublin,OH on my way home today. Most Mustangs I've ever seen in one place. All years,colors,models etc. Alot had their covers on, Sat & Sun will be the big days.

Scott,

Nick,
Mounts show up yet?

I hope someone gets a lot of pics!!!

codeman94 6/20/08 06:05 PM

Originally Posted by Stoenr (Post 5587417)
Got a drive in theater by ya?

Originally Posted by 70MACH1OWNER (Post 5587465)
Ye...Ha! The drive-in was the best when I was 16,17,18 & 19 yrs. old. Some good memories. At last...they are gone around me for the last 6-7 years. :(

Yep!, Tri-Way Theater in Plymouth, IN. 3 screens! I hadnt been there in YEARS!...last movie I saw there was "Independance Day" It pretty cool now though...they have radio transmitters at the theatre so you can tune in to the audio from your cars stereo. Pretty sweet! The double feature after kung Fu Panda was Sex and the city....and yes...we stayted..... :banghead:

70MACH1OWNER 6/20/08 06:37 PM

Originally Posted by aircare84 (Post 5587470)

Scott,

Ani't driving the 70. No way. :poke::jester: Just spent 4 1/2 hours cleaning the Vert inside and out. It needed it. :shame: It will most likely rain now since I spent so much time. The camera is charged and I plan to take a bunch of pics. :nice: Green is G00D!!!:jester:

Nick,
Mounts show up yet?

Hey Nick...Going into work at 5 AM on Sunday for a little lathe work!!!:nice:

Originally Posted by red454 (Post 5587509)
I hope someone gets a lot of pics!!!

I will get some also for you bunch of Midwest lackies!!!!!!:jester:

70MACH1OWNER 6/20/08 06:53 PM

Originally Posted by codeman94 (Post 5587524)
Yep!, Tri-Way Theater in Plymouth, IN. 3 screens! I hadnt been there in YEARS!...last movie I saw there was "Independance Day" It pretty cool now though...they have radio transmitters at the theatre so you can tune in to the audio from your cars stereo. Pretty sweet! The double feature after kung Fu Panda was Sex and the city....and yes...we stayted..... :banghead:

My experiences at the drive-in would make you blush Cody................... Oh yeah!!!!!!!!:nice: Thank goodness for 1967 Fury III stationwagons!!!!

blkstang06 6/20/08 07:02 PM

:band: Its Friday night !

70MACH1OWNER 6/20/08 07:12 PM

Originally Posted by blkstang06 (Post 5587554)
:band: Its Friday night !

Who are you.....and where did you come from???????????:jester: Hi Scott!!!!!!!:nice:

tom281 6/20/08 07:47 PM

Originally Posted by dly (Post 5587001)

Originally Posted by aircare84 (Post 5587041)
Be looking for you dly:nice:
I'll try to stop by Fri.on the way home from work, if not Scott & I will be over Sat. around noon.

Good luck!

Originally Posted by 70MACH1OWNER (Post 5587163)
Yep, should be there noonish or so. Larry...I will give you a call on your cell when I am getting close.
Scott

Take some good pix for me guys...... this weekend will be really tough for me. I helped organize and complete our company's transition into chapter 11 bankruptcy today and will be working pretty much all weekend. Good news is we were able to negotiate an APA with a long-time competitor of ours, and they intend to keep our facilities open and maintain the existing management. Which means, I may get to keep my car LOL.

Originally Posted by 70MACH1OWNER (Post 5587465)
Ye...Ha! The drive-in was the best when I was 16,17,18 & 19 yrs. old. Some good memories.

I hear you, I was always a fan of black & white films too. :poke:

ov3n 6/21/08 01:10 AM

Originally Posted by 70MACH1OWNER (Post 5587468)
Hey Nick...sounds like alot of work to remove the front subframe. No need to do that with most header brands. You might want to re-consider that. Never heard of any brand that required that.
Scott

We shall see once we get under it.. Dropping the subframe is what Brenspeed suggested.. If it's too much of a pain we'll attack it through traditional methods.

I averaged 28.7mpg on my 200 Mile trip to Milwaukee :banana::banana::banana:

BobbyGT 6/21/08 06:29 AM

Hi,
Gentlemen, and you too old indian dude. This is Robert with Shaftmasters. Just thought I'd say hi and let you guys know our new user name. Since we quit advertising on this forum we had to change our user name which we understand. We are currently reevaluating our desire to continue in the GT market. Our driveshafts were working fine with no complaints until just recently when we have had 4 different customers use our unconditional money back guarantee and returned our shafts for a full refund. In every instance they had done significant rear suspension upgrades and complained of excessive harmonic vibration after installing our shaft. After rechecking these shafts and finding nothing wrong with them we resold them to customers without these suspension mods and have yet to hear of any complaints from them. This tells us there is some compatiblity issue between the use of aluminum driveshafts on the GT's and certain suspension modifications. Do any of you guys have harmonic dampers installed from the factory on your axle housings? We have read where some have them and some don't. If we can find a cure to this issue we will be back in the game, if not then we can no longer continue to market these shafts since these suspension mods are becoming more and more popular. Any help would be appreciated. Are any of you guys planning on coming to Michigan for the Woodward dream cruise?
Robert

70MACH1OWNER 6/21/08 06:43 AM

Hey Robert,
Nice to see you back. :nice: My Vert has those big chucks of metal on the rear end. I don't know why some cars have them and some don't. Even cars just built a few weeks apart are different. What week is the Dream Cruise this year? The wife and I have been to two of them. Very cool time.

tom281 6/21/08 06:53 AM

Robert, turn on your ability to receive private messages.

BobbyGT 6/21/08 07:18 AM

Originally Posted by 70MACH1OWNER (Post 5587742)
Hey Robert,
Nice to see you back. :nice: My Vert has those big chucks of metal on the rear end. I don't know why some cars have them and some don't. Even cars just built a few weeks apart are different. What week is the Dream Cruise this year? The wife and I have been to two of them. Very cool time.

Hi Scott,
The dream cruise is the third saturday in August. Why do you think some have it and some don't. From a production standpoint it doesn't make sense to us. What year is your GT?

BobbyGT 6/21/08 07:20 AM

Originally Posted by tom281 (Post 5587745)
Robert, turn on your ability to receive private messages.

Hi Tom,
I went to edit options and turned on e-mail options and it still isn't working. What do you think I am doing wrong? Do you have the dampers on your housing?

70MACH1OWNER 6/21/08 08:14 AM

Originally Posted by BobbyGT (Post 5587760)
Hi Scott,
The dream cruise is the third saturday in August. Why do you think some have it and some don't. From a production standpoint it doesn't make sense to us. What year is your GT?

My car is an 05. It was built in early March of 2005. I really don't have any idea why some have it and some don't.

BobbyGT 6/21/08 08:42 AM

Originally Posted by 70MACH1OWNER (Post 5587787)
My car is an 05. It was built in early March of 2005. I really don't have any idea why some have it and some don't.

Hi Scott,
Where exactly are these dampers located on your housing? By the way, if you plan on attending the dream cruise you'll encounter I-75 being shut down in Southwest Detroit.

blkstang06 6/21/08 09:22 AM

Originally Posted by BobbyGT (Post 5587738)
Hi,
Gentlemen, and you too old indian dude. This is Robert with Shaftmasters. Just thought I'd say hi and let you guys know our new user name. Since we quit advertising on this forum we had to change our user name which we understand. We are currently reevaluating our desire to continue in the GT market. Our driveshafts were working fine with no complaints until just recently when we have had 4 different customers use our unconditional money back guarantee and returned our shafts for a full refund. In every instance they had done significant rear suspension upgrades and complained of excessive harmonic vibration after installing our shaft. After rechecking these shafts and finding nothing wrong with them we resold them to customers without these suspension mods and have yet to hear of any complaints from them. This tells us there is some compatiblity issue between the use of aluminum driveshafts on the GT's and certain suspension modifications. Do any of you guys have harmonic dampers installed from the factory on your axle housings? We have read where some have them and some don't. If we can find a cure to this issue we will be back in the game, if not then we can no longer continue to market these shafts since these suspension mods are becoming more and more popular. Any help would be appreciated. Are any of you guys planning on coming to Michigan for the Woodward dream cruise?
Robert

Yes, I had them on my axle, removed them to install the J&M LCA reco brackets. I still have no vibration with the Shaftmaster shaft.

BobbyGT 6/21/08 09:42 AM

Originally Posted by blkstang06 (Post 5587822)
Yes, I had them on my axle, removed them to install the J&M LCA reco brackets. I still have no vibration with the Shaftmaster shaft.

Hi Scott,
How have you been. Have you done the talk show host yet? So can we assume that anyone doing the aftermarket lower control arm mod has to remove these dampers? Also do you think that they serve little use?

blkstang06 6/21/08 10:18 AM

Originally Posted by BobbyGT (Post 5587837)
Hi Scott,
How have you been. Have you done the talk show host yet? So can we assume that anyone doing the aftermarket lower control arm mod has to remove these dampers? Also do you think that they serve little use?

Me fine !....I gave up on the big girl ! I think she's a carpet muncher anyway ....:jester:http://s303.photobucket.com/albums/n...h_HPIM0243.jpg Notice on the J&M LCA bracket, it uses a three bolt design on mounting the bracket. the top bolt hole is where the balancers are mounted. some manufactures don't use this hole in their bracket designs. As far as these balancers being needed, I sure Ford thinks so ! the balancers weigh about 5 pounds apiece.

aircare84 6/21/08 02:24 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Heres some pics from the show in Dublin,OH.
Scott will have some to post as well I'm sure.

aircare84 6/21/08 02:26 PM

3 Attachment(s)
More;

aircare84 6/21/08 02:35 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Few more

aircare84 6/21/08 02:37 PM

3 Attachment(s)
More;

aircare84 6/21/08 02:39 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Last from me;
Darn, posted 1 twice

70MACH1OWNER 6/21/08 04:20 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Hey Larry,
It was great to see you and Darrell today. The weather up there was just perfect and I have never seen so many stangs in one place in my life. The pictures I will post do not do these cars justice. They were the best of the best. Hey Tom...I am posting this 1st set of pics for you...:poke: This car really looked alot like yours but I think he spent about another 25K.:jester: I don't think this guy drives this car in the rain much with those hood vents that dump straight on the engine.

70MACH1OWNER 6/21/08 04:23 PM

More pics... probably be alot of the same as Larry's since we were impressed by the same cars. Here is Darrell's car.

70MACH1OWNER 6/21/08 04:24 PM

Originally Posted by 70MACH1OWNER (Post 5587960)
More pics... probably be alot of the same as Larry's since we were impressed by the same cars. Here is Darrell's car.

Opps...forgot to upload the pics.......Duh!!!!!

70MACH1OWNER 6/21/08 04:25 PM

3 Attachment(s)
So here is Darrell...Larry and Darrell's car. Darrell really had a great spot. He was at the end of a row and had shade trees to sit under. I didn't see the disco ball at this meet. But Darrell's car looked great and I wish him the best in the judging!!!!!!!

70MACH1OWNER 6/21/08 04:28 PM

5 Attachment(s)
More pics.......

70MACH1OWNER 6/21/08 04:34 PM

5 Attachment(s)
More....

70MACH1OWNER 6/21/08 04:36 PM

5 Attachment(s)
some more..........

70MACH1OWNER 6/21/08 04:38 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Geez...I took alot of pictures. More.

tom281 6/21/08 04:47 PM

Thanks for the pix guys. :nice:

frdtch05gt 6/21/08 06:27 PM

Good stuff guys. My boss asked me if I could work today, so I did. 8 hours of overtime for me. :grin: I would have very much enjoyed being out there for that show though.

70MACH1OWNER 6/21/08 06:39 PM

Originally Posted by frdtch05gt (Post 5588013)
Good stuff guys. My boss asked me if I could work today, so I did. 8 hours of overtime for me. :grin: I would have very much enjoyed being out there for that show though.

l told the guys today I very much wanted to meet you. Maybe next time!!!!:nice:

Glenn 6/21/08 07:01 PM

great pics Scott

codeman94 6/21/08 07:12 PM

Very nice...sorry I couldnt make it!

red454 6/21/08 07:29 PM

:hail: '69 GT 500's... :drool:

aircare84 6/21/08 08:54 PM

Originally Posted by 70MACH1OWNER (Post 5587960)

Scott,
Was great to get togther again:nice:
Had a good afternoon.

Darrell,
Hope the late afternoon storms weren't as bad there as was here, popped up real quick.
Was nice to meet you & have a safe trip back home.

Quite an impressive gathering of Mustangs:hail:

Stoenr 6/21/08 09:12 PM

Nice pics guys!!
I was at a large cruise night myself, but was too lazy to take pics, lol. (lansing,Il.)

ov3n 6/22/08 01:22 AM

Originally Posted by 70MACH1OWNER (Post 5587468)
Scott

Ok, upon further inspection, removing the subframe was not at all necessary.
We started at 11am and finished at 4pm. 5 hours. Not bad!
The passenger side manifold hit the ground at about noon, with the driver side following a few minutes later.

The Mac headers included new bolts to use in place of studs. Very nice. We Loctited them all. Some of them were VERY awkward to get screwed in due to location of the header pipes. Starter removal was easy, as was removal of the stock engine mounts.

With the headers bolted in, putting the Starter back in is 33.33% a pain. The bottom two bolts went in easily. The top starter bolt hole's line-of-sight was blocked by a header tube so we could not see it. We could feel the hole with a finger or two. So, about 20 minutes later we were finally able to find the hole and get it screwed in from afar with about 3 feet worth of extensions and a few wobble extensions.

The prothane mounts went in easy. So did the mounts that bolt onto the engine. Larry was right about the allen bolt on one side being a PITA. But we got it.. Vibration is very minimal. Hardly even noticeable. The car seems to be shifting a LOT smoother now with these mounts in, too! Yay for Prothane/MGW!

One potential issue is that the engine now seems to be sitting about 3/8" FORWARD of where it was. My shaker scoop is quite a bit further towards the front of the hole, and the front of my c&l intake is touching the power steering fluid bottle... I'll have to see about rectifying this.

With the Mac LTs, Mac Offroad Prochamber, and the Flowmaster ATs, the car now sounds VERY VERY oldschool. Its surprising. Oddly enough, at cruising speeds (and ONLY cruising speeds), the car is QUIETER than it was before. Now, there is absolutely no droning inside the car.

I'm not sure it feels any faster.... I'm running the 91 octane tune right now, will load the 93 tomorrow and give it a try.. I have not gotten on it that much, though. So we'll see!

Gas mileage.... Very nice. My average gas mileage on my 200 mile trip back from Wisconsin was 29 MPG. :grin::grin::grin::grin::grin: I did not tailgate any Semis. I drove slightly above the Speed Limit in WI and IL (55 and 65 depending on where), and exactly at the speed limit on the IN Toll Road. I did not accellerate aggressively.

Thanks to Larry and Scott for their assistance and advice with my ongoing project! :jester::jester::jester:

70MACH1OWNER 6/22/08 03:10 AM

Originally Posted by ov3n (Post 5588131)
The passenger side manifold hit the ground at about noon, with the driver side following a few minutes later.

The Mac headers included new bolts to use in place of studs. Very nice. We Loctited them all. Some of them were VERY awkward to get screwed in due to location of the header pipes. Starter removal was easy, as was removal of the stock engine mounts.

With the headers bolted in, putting the Starter back in is 33.33% a pain. The bottom two bolts went in easily. The top starter bolt hole's line-of-sight was blocked by a header tube so we could not see it. We could feel the hole with a finger or two. So, about 20 minutes later we were finally able to find the hole and get it screwed in from afar with about 3 feet worth of extensions and a few wobble extensions.

The prothane mounts went in easy. So did the mounts that bolt onto the engine. Larry was right about the allen bolt on one side being a PITA. But we got it.. Vibration is very minimal. Hardly even noticeable. The car seems to be shifting a LOT smoother now with these mounts in, too! Yay for Prothane/MGW!

One potential issue is that the engine now seems to be sitting about 3/8" FORWARD of where it was. My shaker scoop is quite a bit further towards the front of the hole, and the front of my c&l intake is touching the power steering fluid bottle... I'll have to see about rectifying this.

With the Mac LTs, Mac Offroad Prochamber, and the Flowmaster ATs, the car now sounds VERY VERY oldschool. Its surprising. Oddly enough, at cruising speeds (and ONLY cruising speeds), the car is QUIETER than it was before. Now, there is absolutely no droning inside the car.

I'm not sure it feels any faster.... I'm running the 91 octane tune right now, will load the 93 tomorrow and give it a try.. I have not gotten on it that much, though. So we'll see!

Gas mileage.... Very nice. My average gas mileage on my 200 mile trip back from Wisconsin was 29 MPG. :grin::grin::grin::grin::grin: I did not tailgate any Semis. I drove slightly above the Speed Limit in WI and IL (55 and 65 depending on where), and exactly at the speed limit on the IN Toll Road. I did not accellerate aggressively.

Thanks to Larry and Scott for their assistance and advice with my ongoing project! :jester::jester::jester:

Hey Nick,
Heading to the shop to turn up the shaker air extension for you. As far as the motor being 3/8 foward you can loosen the rear transmission mount bolt and both of the motor mounts and push the whole engine and trans to the rear. You may need help but it will move back to it's original position. You will need to use a floor jack also to carry the weight while you push it back.
Scott:nice:

Glenn 6/22/08 09:59 AM

morning Everyone

aircare84 6/22/08 10:23 AM

Nick,
Congrats on your install, sounds like you had it easy.
I did notice when I put in my prothenes,it was shifted slightly forward, but only like 1/16"if that. I only had to line up my Shaker sideways( to clear steering shaft) The fore/aft with the hood is still even.

Morning Glenn:)

Wonder how Darrell made out with the storms yesterday.

Eleanor Dreaming 6/22/08 12:06 PM

Originally Posted by ov3n (Post 5588131)

Exact same set-up I have and yes I think it sounds great too. Strange though when I put the new Cams in my car I picked up drone at 2,000 RPM. I hope you never need to remove them for anything, the Aluminum heads and locktite could be a bad combination. My car leaned out slightly after putting these on, Brent adjusted my tune for them and then at one of his Dyno Days we found it was still lean.

70MACH1OWNER 6/22/08 01:13 PM

Originally Posted by Eleanor Dreaming (Post 5588294)
Exact same set-up I have and yes I think it sounds great too. Strange though when I put the new Cams in my car I picked up drone at 2,000 RPM. I hope you never need to remove them for anything, the Aluminum heads and locktite could be a bad combination. My car leaned out slightly after putting these on, Brent adjusted my tune for them and then at one of his Dyno Days we found it was still lean.

****...we have a Ben sighting!!!!!!!:nice::nice:

frdtch05gt 6/22/08 05:17 PM

5 Attachment(s)
My bumpers are finally in place! They look absolutely awesome. :D

Stoenr 6/22/08 05:35 PM

Looks good! A+ Atta Boy

70MACH1OWNER 6/22/08 06:30 PM

Originally Posted by frdtch05gt (Post 5588425)

Yes they do indeed Justin. Looking great!!:nice:

aircare84 6/22/08 06:50 PM

Looks good Justin:nice:

frdtch05gt 6/22/08 07:12 PM

Thanks guys. :grin: I haven't gotten the chance to wash the new bumpers yet, but I'll make sure to be extra careful when I do. It will probably be next weekend when I wash the car next anyway. I love the new look, but there is still a few little issues to fix. The badges on the fenders are in bad shape, I have the pony/tri-bar ones for it, just need to install them. My buddy that painted them wants to do a few little touch-ups as well. I'll have him do the badges and touch-ups and it will be all good. :nice:

dly 6/22/08 09:57 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Well "Back Home Again In Indiana" I don't sing as good as Jim Nabors. The storms Saturday hit about 4:45pm and they came around and tolded everybody they were coming. Man did all the covers come out and the pristee cars head for their trailers. By 4:30 the lots were only 1/4 of what the show was. Got alot of wind but hardly any rain. Free car covers were all over the lot as they were a flying with all the high winds. Scott and Larry , It was great to see you guys and you showed all the good pictures already. But here's a couple you didn't:
Attachment 59876

Attachment 59877

I think I got beat out by a Hosting Club members Vapor Grey Shelby GT 500 Vert and I tied a mostly stock Blue GT Vert that was owned by a MCA Board Member. Third place was a Parnelli Jones Saleen. Non winners included 2 Red Shelby GT500's, a white Shelby GT and 2 other California Specials and about 10 more GT's and V-6's. There was a stage 3 Blue Roush in my class and I didn't see him called for a plaque but later I saw him carrying one????
My class wasn't judge but was voted on by all the mustang owners in the show, I had several come and tell me they voted for me while others came by with a number already placed in the box as I spy other their shoulder even before they looked at my car. Oh well I guess I did as best as I could, just lucky Tommie wasn't there:poke:
It's late so I posted more pictures tomorrow

ov3n 6/23/08 02:58 AM

Originally Posted by 70MACH1OWNER (Post 5588135)
Heading to the shop to turn up the shaker air extension for you. As far as the motor being 3/8 foward you can loosen the rear transmission mount bolt and both of the motor mounts and push the whole engine and trans to the rear. You may need help but it will move back to it's original position. You will need to use a floor jack also to carry the weight while you push it back.

Cool. Thanks much! PM Me when you want my shipping info etc. I will definitely try loosening those mount bolts and pushing everything back. :jester:

Originally Posted by aircare84 (Post 5588254)
Congrats on your install, sounds like you had it easy.
I did notice when I put in my prothenes,it was shifted slightly forward, but only like 1/16"if that. I only had to line up my Shaker sideways( to clear steering shaft) The fore/aft with the hood is still even.

Hey man, I still need to get the shaker re-situated sideways too, but that's not too big of an issue right now. Install did go reasonably smoothly minus those couple small bumps. My friend who helped is a VW tech so we did it on his lift in his service bay at work. :nice::nice:

Originally Posted by Eleanor Dreaming (Post 5588294)

It seems we have similar (good) tastes! I would also like to get new cams. I can't decide if I want to save up for cams or a Vortech for next year. :) I think if I ever end up selling the car or moving someplace with emissions, I'll just buy the Catted legs for the prochamber. Then I won't need to bother removing the headers. :) I'll be getting a dyno next Saturday MAYBE, I will watch my a/f ratio then. :)

Originally Posted by frdtch05gt (Post 5588425)

They look GREAT! I really want to get my GT/CS Front bumper painted and installed ASAP! Maybe I'll call the body shop back this week and schedule an appointment :banana::banana::banana:

70MACH1OWNER 6/23/08 03:58 AM

Originally Posted by dly (Post 5588551)
Well "Back Home Again In Indiana" I don't sing as good as Jim Nabors. The storms Saturday hit about 4:45pm and they came around and tolded everybody they were coming. Man did all the covers come out and the pristee cars head for their trailers. By 4:30 the lots were only 1/4 of what the show was. Got alot of wind but hardly any rain. Free car covers were all over the lot as they were a flying with all the high winds. Scott and Larry , It was great to see you guys and you showed all the good pictures already. But here's a couple you didn't:
Attachment 59876

Attachment 59877

I think I got beat out by a Hosting Club members Vapor Grey Shelby GT 500 Vert and I tied a mostly stock Blue GT Vert that was owned by a MCA Board Member. Third place was a Parnelli Jones Saleen. Non winners included 2 Red Shelby GT500's, a white Shelby GT and 2 other California Specials and about 10 more GT's and V-6's. There was a stage 3 Blue Roush in my class and I didn't see him called for a plaque but later I saw him carrying one????
My class wasn't judge but was voted on by all the mustang owners in the show, I had several come and tell me they voted for me while others came by with a number already placed in the box as I spy other their shoulder even before they looked at my car. Oh well I guess I did as best as I could, just lucky Tommie wasn't there:poke:
It's late so I posted more pictures tomorrow

Way to go Darrell!!!!!!!!!!!:nice: That's a great looking trophy!!

tom281 6/23/08 03:22 PM

Originally Posted by aircare84 (Post 5588454)
Looks good Justin:nice:

+1, looks great Justin!

Originally Posted by dly (Post 5588551)

Attachment 59877

I think I got beat out by a Hosting Club members Vapor Grey Shelby GT 500 Vert and I tied a mostly stock Blue GT Vert that was owned by a MCA Board Member........

Hey congrats Darrell!

dly 6/23/08 06:50 PM

9 Attachment(s)
Thanks guys had a ton of fun but hit a hail storm on the way home,,,no damage but I hit every bug between Columbus and home and they stuck to the front of my car.
Here's some more pictures from the show
Attachment 59916 )07 Blue Stage 3 Rouch

Attachment 59917 1968 High County only 252 made

Attachment 59918 Nice

Attachment 59919 2 dudes lookin for a good time

Attachment 59920 1968 California Special

Attachment 59921 Trunk of the Flag car

Attachment 59922 Blue Dream Car Factory Mustang (now out of Business)

Attachment 59923 Under hood of the Flag Car

Attachment 59924 Tom's new hood..???

red454 6/24/08 12:54 PM

Nice site for favorites -

http://www.allmyfaves.com/

frdtch05gt - nice bumpers :nice:...

aircare84 6/24/08 03:54 PM

Congrats Darrell:nice: You did well!
Darn nice trophy.
Great to meet you!

dly 6/24/08 07:30 PM

1 Attachment(s)
MMMMMM found this strange looking Mustang with a funny looking driver on the internet.

Attachment 59972

woohoo post #4600 in this thread!!!!