Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

2014 Ordered/Built/Delivered Thread

Search this Thread

Old 5/2/13, 06:58 AM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by theallmightycow
I placed my order for a grey (black racing stripe) Shelby on March 30. I'm really excited for the car, but I haven't heard from the dealer 2 weeks after I placed the order (they were still waiting on the DORA) I haven't heard from them since. I sent Deysha a PM too Just getting a little antsy since they said 6-8 weeks and its been about 5.

I'll be patient though.
Hey allmightycow, I'm in the same boat as you. I ordered my Shelby on 4/3 and was told the same 6-8 weeks. At this point nada. Nothing at all from the dealer and a couple updates from Deysha telling me nothing has changed. It's a new month so maybe something will happen for the both of us very soon. I'm starting to get worried about the month-long shutdown starting the last week of June. Hopefully our cars are built and out the door long before then.
Old 5/2/13, 09:28 AM

Originally Posted by saparish
Hey allmightycow, I'm in the same boat as you. I ordered my Shelby on 4/3 and was told the same 6-8 weeks. At this point nada. Nothing at all from the dealer and a couple updates from Deysha telling me nothing has changed. It's a new month so maybe something will happen for the both of us very soon. I'm starting to get worried about the month-long shutdown starting the last week of June. Hopefully our cars are built and out the door long before then.
Deysha sent me a PM and said since it was a Shelby, it can take a little bit longer to build. Apparently my car was just waiting on a schedule date, and I'll get the VIN when it posts. Hopefully that isn't too long.

You should send Deysha a PM and ask about your car. I'm sure you'll hear some good news
Old 5/2/13, 09:53 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
I placed my order for a grey (black racing stripe) Shelby on March 30. I'm really excited for the car, but I haven't heard from the dealer 2 weeks after I placed the order (they were still waiting on the DORA) I haven't heard from them since. I sent Deysha a PM too Just getting a little antsy since they said 6-8 weeks and its been about 5.
I'll be patient though.
Congrats again on your order, theallmightycow! I sent you a PM.

Originally Posted by Varilux
I know Ford updates stuff on Wednesday, so after catching up on my morning email, I decided to go ahead and click on the link to my window sticker Deysha gave me last week...
Usually, I get an immediate error screen reading "The VIN entered was not found in our system."

TODAY, however, my browser skipped a beat, spun the little "give me a second to load" symbol, and produced a lovely window sticker!
PS- Thank you, Deysha!
Woo hoo! You’re welcome, Varilux.

Originally Posted by lvxlr8n
Deysha- Any new updates for me this week? :-)
Maybe… if you send me a PM.

Originally Posted by Purplekrab
Deysha rocks, sent me my vin and window sticker today.
Ordered 4/11/13, build week of 5/13, eta 5/30
Sterling Gray GT/CS
Just have to wait 4 weeks.
Have to get another brochure, my 750 coupon expires 5/19
Thanks and you’re very welcome, Purplekrab!

Deysha sent me a PM and said since it was a Shelby, it can take a little bit longer to build. Apparently my car was just waiting on a schedule date, and I'll get the VIN when it posts. Hopefully that isn't too long.

You should send Deysha a PM and ask about your car. I'm sure you'll hear some good news
As theallmightycow mentioned, the Shelby is part of our Specialty Vehicle line and production/availability can vary from the typical (6-8 week) ordering time frames, saparish. You should check what quarter your ride is set for.

Deysha
Old 5/2/13, 10:15 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I also have it set up for my service tech at QuickLane (and I) to take it for a spin on I-44. He quoted me $67.95 for servicing too. That's cheap.
By "servicing," do you mean an oil change?

In my excitement over getting my build date, I downloaded the 2014 Owners Manual last night and started reading... I did not realize the 5.0L holds 8 quarts (and with the recommendation for Track Pack cars being 5-50W synthetic oil, that's going to be quite an $$$ oil change). So, $68 would be quite the deal!
Old 5/2/13, 10:34 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Varilux
I also have it set up for my service tech at QuickLane (and I) to take it for a spin on I-44. He quoted me $67.95 for servicing too. That's cheap.
By "servicing," do you mean an oil change?

In my excitement over getting my build date, I downloaded the 2014 Owners Manual last night and started reading... I did not realize the 5.0L holds 8 quarts (and with the recommendation for Track Pack cars being 5-50W synthetic oil, that's going to be quite an $$$ oil change). So, $68 would be quite the deal!
Yes. Larry Holiman at QuickLane always gets my oil change, tire and alignment business. He takes care of Mom's '01 Grand Marquis as well. Larry told me they buy full synthetic in bulk, getting a better rate, so they can sell the oil changes (with FL-500S filter) for the 5-quart price. Otherwise, the 5W-50 is around $9 per quart anywhere you go. He also said I could opt for the Mobil 1 at the same price, but I will more than likely stay with Motorcraft. It has treated me well over the years.

Yep. She holds 8 quarts. That's why there's been a dry dipstick rub on the forums. Techs aren't ensuring the 5.0 is full. They just throw in 6 quarts and roll 'em out.

Last edited by Missouri Hoss; 5/2/13 at 10:38 AM.
Old 5/2/13, 11:39 AM

Originally Posted by Purplekrab
Deysha rocks, sent me my vin and window sticker today.
Ordered 4/11/13, build week of 5/13, eta 5/30
Sterling Gray GT/CS
Just have to wait 4 weeks.
Have to get another brochure, my 750 coupon expires 5/19
I ordered a Sterling Gray GT/CS as well, but way back in March! Been over 6 weeks with no VIN or anything yet, and it's driving me nuts. I'm waiting to get an update from Deysha now. Maybe they'll build ours together!
Old 5/2/13, 05:14 PM
GT Member

Can someone please help me with this, the below is an email from Deysha, I am sure I am over thinking this and Deysha is always very accurate, But my car is set to be built on 5/13/13. is the 6/5/13 the new ETA as she says it now has a new ETA or will that be changing to sometime in May. I dont see how it could take that long since I placed the order on 4/1/13, I have noticed some other customers who ordered later than me have an ETA of 5/30. The reason this is so important as I'm running out of time with other things. I'm selling my current car to my mom and dad and was hoping my car would be in at the end of May like my dealer told me. My dealer gave me an ETA of the week of the may 27. any help would be great. and thank you Deysha I am sure I am over thinking this.

You’re very welcome, Trent! They’re already in production and have a new ETA. It now shows Jun-05-2013 to your dealer, which is subject to change. You can check with me weekly for updates. Have a good one!

Deysha

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordMustang @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordMustang facebook.com/Ford
Old 5/2/13, 05:36 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by wentw1tj
Can someone please help me with this, the below is an email from Deysha, I am sure I am over thinking this and Deysha is always very accurate, But my car is set to be built on 5/13/13. is the 6/5/13 the new ETA as she says it now has a new ETA or will that be changing to sometime in May. I dont see how it could take that long since I placed the order on 4/1/13, I have noticed some other customers who ordered later than me have an ETA of 5/30. The reason this is so important as I'm running out of time with other things. I'm selling my current car to my mom and dad and was hoping my car would be in at the end of May like my dealer told me. My dealer gave me an ETA of the week of the may 27. any help would be great. and thank you Deysha I am sure I am over thinking this.

You’re very welcome, Trent! They’re already in production and have a new ETA. It now shows Jun-05-2013 to your dealer, which is subject to change. You can check with me weekly for updates. Have a good one!

Deysha

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordMustang @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordMustang facebook.com/Ford
The ETA's are just that. Estimates. It looks like you are in Michigan so you shouldn't have hardly any time in transit once its built. I think that you will get it before the end of May. Mine came in about a week before my ETA.
Old 5/3/13, 06:52 AM

i ordered my gt 500 on 3/5/13 from a dealer that has not used any gt 500 allotments (so they claim) i know nothing more now than i did when i wrote out a deposit check for the car, the waiting game goes on
Old 5/3/13, 09:45 AM
Cobra Member

Hello everyone I'm new to this site and thought I would join in on this long but informative thread. I just ordered my 2014 Mustang on the 1st of May. I was wondering if anyone could elaborate on the closing of the factories. Is this gonna slow my build down since I just ordered on Wed.?
Old 5/3/13, 11:10 AM

2014 SGM GT/CS, Auto, Comfort package.
Ordered 3/6/13
Blended 3/22/13
Delivered 4/18/13 (Louisburg Kansas)

Had an ETA of 4/24/13
Old 5/3/13, 11:36 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by Steellace
I ordered a Sterling Gray GT/CS as well, but way back in March! Been over 6 weeks with no VIN or anything yet, and it's driving me nuts. I'm waiting to get an update from Deysha now. Maybe they'll build ours together!
Congrats, Steellace! I’ll get back to you as soon as possible.

Originally Posted by wentw1tj
Can someone please help me with this, the below is an email from Deysha, I am sure I am over thinking this and Deysha is always very accurate, But my car is set to be built on 5/13/13. is the 6/5/13 the new ETA as she says it now has a new ETA or will that be changing to sometime in May. I dont see how it could take that long since I placed the order on 4/1/13, I have noticed some other customers who ordered later than me have an ETA of 5/30.
Originally Posted by thegame
The ETA's are just that. Estimates. It looks like you are in Michigan so you shouldn't have hardly any time in transit once its built. I think that you will get it before the end of May. Mine came in about a week before my ETA.
As thegame mentioned, this is an estimated time of arrival, wentw1tj. Just keep checking with me weekly and you’ll see.

Originally Posted by Ajcruz1
Hello everyone I'm new to this site and thought I would join in on this long but informative thread. I just ordered my 2014 Mustang on the 1st of May. I was wondering if anyone could elaborate on the closing of the factories. Is this gonna slow my build down since I just ordered on Wed.?
Welcome and congrats, Ajcruz1! Be sure to PM me with your dealer’s name and order number so I can track it for you. Also, the plant will be closed next week.

Deysha
Old 5/3/13, 11:39 AM
GT Member

Mine should be around in the next two weeks...Hopefully.
Old 5/3/13, 12:44 PM
Cobra Member

Welcome and congrats, Ajcruz1! Be sure to PM me with your dealer’s name and order number so I can track it for you. Also, the plant will be closed next week.

Deysha[/QUOTE]

Thanks alot for all your doing for us Deysha. I will def. PM you my info because I can't wait for mines to get here.

Current ride:
Black 2012 Mustang Club of America w/ comfort pkg
3.55 gears, alum. driveshaft, cai, 73mm TB, tune

Ordered:
Deep impact blue Mustang Club of America
comfort pkg, glass roof, security/parking pkg, 3.31 gears
Old 5/3/13, 12:45 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Neverl8
+1 My first special order. I feel like an expecting husband in a maternity ward waiting room.
Old 5/3/13, 03:23 PM

Originally Posted by Neverl8
Same here. My last update was last week. So I hope nothing has changed, well if it arrived earlier I won't be upset.
Old 5/3/13, 04:01 PM
Bullitt Member

WOOOOHOOOO!!! My Race Red GT Track Pack is built and Deysha said it shipped out today!!! Dealership ETA=5/10/2013. Like Phil Robertson says, I'M HAPPY, HAPPY, HAPPY.

Deysha, Thank You again for giving me this good news. I'll be buying a digital camera today. Pics will be posted...

Bill
Old 5/3/13, 04:55 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by lvxlr8n

Same here. My last update was last week. So I hope nothing has changed, well if it arrived earlier I won't be upset.
Mine was done Tuesday So should be here 5/21.
Old 5/3/13, 05:16 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 111 Likes on 101 Posts
VIN received today Progressing slowly but surely

Guessing another 4-5 weeks, which would fit my schedule perfectly
Old 5/3/13, 05:44 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Its been BUILT!!!

I stopped by the dealer on the way home- just to see if they had any of the 2014 brochures (nope). My sales rep must have recognized my '65 pulling in, because he met me at the door and said "I already have them looking up the info on your order's progress."

To which I said, "Oh, I already have my build date- Deysha told me it had a blend date of 13 May!" (I then explained the wonderful customer service available online from Deysha.)

So, after quickly establishing they have no 2014 brochures (and spying an Ingot Silver GT on the lot and once again wondering if the Sterling Gray was the right choice - I think it was), I hop in the car and start it up.

Before I can pull out of the lot, the sales guy runs up to the car and says "Hey, when our guy pulled up your order info it showed your car has already been built. It may actually be HERE by 13 May!"

Now, I'm a manly man- but an objective observer might describe my demeanor since receiving that little bit of news as bordering on giddiness! The blend date on the sticker says 13 May... maybe the factory got a bit ahead of schedule? The little code on the sticker still doesn't bring up a preview of the car online- so I figured it wasn't in the system (built) yet...

Before I get too excited, though- I'll wait to PM Deysha on Monday and get confirmation that the car has actually been built and is in fact on its way. THEN I'll start bugging everyone to know where that train is. (Point that train towards TEXAS...)

Quick Reply: 2014 Ordered/Built/Delivered Thread