2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

2014 Ordered/Built/Delivered Thread

Search this Thread

Old 5/5/13, 09:24 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
That video on how the Mustang was made was very cool. Thanks for sharing that!

I'm glad I wasn't the only one to think that video was cool... Unfortunately, when I searched on-line to buy the DVD the response from National Geographic indicated that episode is not for sale- and they currently have no plans to make it available (but you can purchase the episode showing how the Camaro is built- blech).

If you have a Blu-ray player, it may allow you to view the video on your TV (we did that last night, and it is the only time it has ever worked with an entire show without locking up).

I wonder if Ford could purchase the rights to the episode (or at least distribution rights)?
Old 5/6/13, 05:34 AM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The Nat Geo video was good. Here's another short vid that I like as well:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T5MOJ...ature=youtu.be

-Scott
Old 5/6/13, 06:59 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by Neverl8
Mine should be around in the next two weeks...Hopefully.
It should ship out sometime this week.

Originally Posted by Ajcruz1
Thanks alot for all your doing for us Deysha. I will def. PM you my info because I can't wait for mines to get here.
Awesome! Thanks for the PM, Ajcruz1! I’ll get back to you as soon as possible.

Originally Posted by lvxlr8n
Same here. My last update was last week. So I hope nothing has changed, well if it arrived earlier I won't be upset.
I’ll get you an update soon, lvxlr8n.

Originally Posted by Missouri Hoss
WOOOOHOOOO!!! My Race Red GT Track Pack is built and Deysha said it shipped out today!!! Dealership ETA=5/10/2013. Like Phil Robertson says, I'M HAPPY, HAPPY, HAPPY.

Deysha, Thank You again for giving me this good news. I'll be buying a digital camera today. Pics will be posted...
You’re very welcome, Missouri Hoss! It’s already in your state.

Originally Posted by dmichaels
VIN received today Progressing slowly but surely
Guessing another 4-5 weeks, which would fit my schedule perfectly
Getting closer, dmichaels!

Originally Posted by Varilux
I stopped by the dealer on the way home- just to see if they had any of the 2014 brochures (nope). My sales rep must have recognized my '65 pulling in, because he met me at the door and said "I already have them looking up the info on your order's progress."

To which I said, "Oh, I already have my build date- Deysha told me it had a blend date of 13 May!" (I then explained the wonderful customer service available online from Deysha.)
Sweet!

On Friday, Deysha posted that the plant will be closed this week. That might have something to do with the scheduling.
Yes, it does.

Deysha
Old 5/6/13, 08:10 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by FordCustomerService
You’re very welcome, Missouri Hoss! It’s already in your state.
OUTSTANDING! An early arrival.
Old 5/6/13, 09:31 AM

Thanks to Deysha for the update. My car was finished on 4/30 and shipped out the 2nd with an ETA of the 9th to Delaware. Cannot wait to take it for a spin!
Old 5/6/13, 10:19 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Billvonfestang
Thanks to Deysha for the update. My car was finished on 4/30 and shipped out the 2nd with an ETA of the 9th to Delaware. Cannot wait to take it for a spin!
Glad to hear, Bill. We should both be strapping our ponies about the same time.
Old 5/6/13, 11:28 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
OUTSTANDING! An early arrival.
I can’t wait to see it!

It is sooooo close, Billvonfestang!

Deysha
Old 5/6/13, 03:17 PM

How much more time is there to order a 2014 before production ends for this gen mustang? I assume that there would be a lull in production while factories are setting up for production of the all new 2015 model.
Old 5/6/13, 03:39 PM

So I find out through Ford directly that my Mustang was delivered to the dealer on May 1st, much earlier than I expected! Twas rather funny to hear the rep tell me it was delivered and the dealer should have called me (throughout the entire process the dealer has never initiated any contact whatsoever).

Called the dealer next thing and after a whole bunch of phone tag was told I would get a call back. Callback doesn't come until about 9pm the next night for the dealer to confirm that yes, they actually did get my car. This wasn't a "yes, when do you want to come down to pick up your new car" call, but a "we can confirm the car was unloaded, you have to wait until we do our prepping to do anything else" call. I don't get word until about 2pm the next day from the sales guy asking me when I want to come down.....as I'm on the Turnpike heading to the airport to fly out to CA for the weekend.

Decided to drop by this afternoon after getting back to put in a credit app to see what kind of deal I can get through Ford, and to take a look at the car. App won't process until tomorrow because they can't find the paperwork (the people who most likely have it were out of the office today), which is understandable. What really got me was when I asked to see the car I was told no, that they don't even know where it might be. Honestly, it's left me questioning whether they actually do have the car, if it's actually what I ordered, etc....
Old 5/6/13, 04:38 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by hard-case
So I find out through Ford directly that my Mustang was delivered to the dealer on May 1st, much earlier than I expected! Twas rather funny to hear the rep tell me it was delivered and the dealer should have called me (throughout the entire process the dealer has never initiated any contact whatsoever).

Called the dealer next thing and after a whole bunch of phone tag was told I would get a call back. Callback doesn't come until about 9pm the next night for the dealer to confirm that yes, they actually did get my car. This wasn't a "yes, when do you want to come down to pick up your new car" call, but a "we can confirm the car was unloaded, you have to wait until we do our prepping to do anything else" call. I don't get word until about 2pm the next day from the sales guy asking me when I want to come down.....as I'm on the Turnpike heading to the airport to fly out to CA for the weekend.

Decided to drop by this afternoon after getting back to put in a credit app to see what kind of deal I can get through Ford, and to take a look at the car. App won't process until tomorrow because they can't find the paperwork (the people who most likely have it were out of the office today), which is understandable. What really got me was when I asked to see the car I was told no, that they don't even know where it might be. Honestly, it's left me questioning whether they actually do have the car, if it's actually what I ordered, etc....
They said no? Some people's dealer stories are so out there. When they called my to come it was in plain sight where I could see it before I even turned in the lot then the second I got there we fully inspected it with the salesman
Old 5/6/13, 04:41 PM
Mach 1 Member

...and the wait continues!

I was told on Friday that my car had already been built (about 2 weeks ahead of schedule). Sure enough, today the dealer confirmed the car has been built, "tested," and released from the factory.

Ah, but getting the car built is only half the battle! The ETA to the dealer remains 30 May... so, I'm guessing my car will apparently get to bask in what I hope is lovely Spring weather up in Flat Rock for a week or so before someone decides to load it on a train. I'm sure Deysha will let me know what that happy event occurs.

All in all, my wait should certainly end up being shorter than many- but there is a certain sense of irony to know the car was built early, only to sit at the factory. Come on, man- put the thing on a truck. Better yet, I'll do the paperwork here in Dallas, use miles to fly up there tomorrow, and drive the sucker home- I'll even let Ford keep the $700 delivery fee ).

Wow... that's just unimaginable. Does your dealer have zero competition? I wouldn't think they'd stay in business very long if that is their approach to customer service! Surely they didn't sell your car to someone else (my dad had a Chevy dealer do that to him years ago- he was not a happy camper).
Old 5/6/13, 05:26 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Varilux
I was told on Friday that my car had already been built (about 2 weeks ahead of schedule). Sure enough, today the dealer confirmed the car has been built, "tested," and released from the factory.

Ah, but getting the car built is only half the battle! The ETA to the dealer remains 30 May... so, I'm guessing my car will apparently get to bask in what I hope is lovely Spring weather up in Flat Rock for a week or so before someone decides to load it on a train. I'm sure Deysha will let me know what that happy event occurs.

All in all, my wait should certainly end up being shorter than many- but there is a certain sense of irony to know the car was built early, only to sit at the factory. Come on, man- put the thing on a truck. Better yet, I'll do the paperwork here in Dallas, use miles to fly up there tomorrow, and drive the sucker home- I'll even let Ford keep the $700 delivery fee ).

Wow... that's just unimaginable. Does your dealer have zero competition? I wouldn't think they'd stay in business very long if that is their approach to customer service! Surely they didn't sell your car to someone else (my dad had a Chevy dealer do that to him years ago- he was not a happy camper).
I was going to offer you a ride to the plant, but together, we couldn't afford all the gas it would take to drive my 4.0 Ranger 4x4 from Dallas to Flat Rock. It's a (13 city/18 highway) piglet, provided we don't buck a headwind. If so, it turns into a GUZZLER. Where's my new pony?
Old 5/6/13, 05:52 PM

Thanks to Deysha's PM advising me that my car is at the dealer. Called them and they confirmed it and just need a couple hours to prep. Heading there now to pick it up!!! Wow ordered 4/5 pick 5/6!!
Old 5/6/13, 06:32 PM
Mach 1 Member

Congrats- Billvonfestang! Be sure to get the '68 into the pics you post of your new ride!

I was going to offer you a ride to the plant, but together, we couldn't afford all the gas it would take to drive my 4.0 Ranger 4x4 from Dallas to Flat Rock.
Thanks MHoss... Tell you what, you're on my way to Flat Rock, so I'll pick you up in my '65 on the trip up!

As Moses said to Pharaoh... "Set my Mustang free!"
Old 5/6/13, 06:54 PM
GT Member

Thanks to Deysha's PM advising me that my car is at the dealer. Called them and they confirmed it and just need a couple hours to prep. Heading there now to pick it up!!! Wow ordered 4/5 pick 5/6!!
Lucky lol...How does my car get built on the 29th a day before yours and I live like 5 hrs from the plant and you have your car over by the coast and im wayyyyy before there in wv lol...before i even recieve my car...* rolls eyes * lol....But congrats enjoy it!
Old 5/6/13, 07:06 PM
GT Member

Me too...

Originally Posted by dmichaels
Just placed an order yesterday for:
2014 Mustang GT in Grabber Blue
Track Package
Recaro Package

Already mapped out the "short list" for upgrades. This will be a track car & sunny day street car. Can't wait - been looking at the Mustangs since the 5.0 came out in 2010 (2011 model year obviously)... finally was able to pull the trigger!! Now the waiting game begins

I ordered this same car, although Deep Impact Blue, with the same gear for the very same reasons...and I placed the order around the same time (4/15/13). Very excited, yes, but I hear rumors of the Recaros delaying build and delivery. Do you know if this is true?
Old 5/6/13, 08:40 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Kevin0027

Lucky lol...How does my car get built on the 29th a day before yours and I live like 5 hrs from the plant and you have your car over by the coast and im wayyyyy before there in wv lol...before i even recieve my car...* rolls eyes * lol....But congrats enjoy it!
I'll remember you said this when you get yours before me! Lol
Old 5/6/13, 09:03 PM

Found out today my car was done being built last week Thurs, and it also sits waiting to get shipped. Withthe plant shut down, does that also include shipping from flat rock?
Old 5/6/13, 09:06 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Neverl8
I'll remember you said this when you get yours before me! Lol
lol still makes no sense when it comes to you either when you live 2 hours north of em and we had the same build day lol..yet your eta is like 10 days after mine...something is funky with there shipdates
Old 5/6/13, 09:07 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by lvxlr8n
Found out today my car was done being built last week Thurs, and it also sits waiting to get shipped. Withthe plant shut down, does that also include shipping from flat rock?
Deysha posted shipping will continue during the shutdown so your good to go...

Quick Reply: 2014 Ordered/Built/Delivered Thread