2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}

2014 Ordered/Built/Delivered Thread

Search this Thread

Old 5/1/13, 06:22 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Varilux, I hope you don't mind me asking but, what month and day was it ordered? Mine was ordered April 9th and should be built and delivered (by convoy) sometime during the month of May as well.
I placed the order 11 April. Originally, Deysha said to expect the window sticker to come on-line on 8 May (with a build date about a week after that... or the 15th). So, they're a week ahead on the window sticker, and a couple days ahead on the build date!

The original ETA at the dealer was 30 May. I don't know how long it typically takes for rail delivery to the DFW area, but if it is actually built on the 13th, I would guess it should normally be at my dealer by the 30th.

Enthused by my build date, I checked with my insurer and the Mustang GT will add only $16/month to my policy (I currently drive an '07 BMW Z4 coupe). To be honest, I thought it would have a bigger impact.
Old 5/1/13, 06:42 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by elkk
I have never seen a buyers name on a window sticker before. Is this something new or what?
The last four cars I have ordered My name has been on the sticker.
Old 5/1/13, 06:42 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Varilux
Varilux, I hope you don't mind me asking but, what month and day was it ordered? Mine was ordered April 9th and should be built and delivered (by convoy) sometime during the month of May as well.
I placed the order 11 April. Originally, Deysha said to expect the window sticker to come on-line on 8 May (with a build date about a week after that... or the 15th). So, they're a week ahead on the window sticker, and a couple days ahead on the build date!

The original ETA at the dealer was 30 May. I don't know how long it typically takes for rail delivery to the DFW area, but if it is actually built on the 13th, I would guess it should normally be at my dealer by the 30th.

Enthused by my build date, I checked with my insurer and the Mustang GT will add only $16/month to my policy (I currently drive an '07 BMW Z4 coupe). To be honest, I thought it would have a bigger impact.
Same with me I called my Insurer and gave them my VIN and ect and my insurance is actually going down 50 cents a month how odd? My current policy has my 99 4x4 truck and my 07 Nissan 350z...
Old 5/1/13, 06:45 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Missouri Hoss
It's at the bottom of the Optional Equipment list.
Ahhh...Mines not on the window sticker how lame...oh well though
Old 5/1/13, 07:03 PM
Bullitt Member

Yes... I hope they stay ahead of schedule. Mine could be built then somewhere around the end of next week. Delivery shouldn't take that long for me. They usually truck 'em in. I'm so anxious to crawl behind that wheel and cruise.

My GEICO premium is $293 for the 2011 Ranger XLT Supercab 4x4. The new GT will be an increase of $56.
Old 5/1/13, 07:06 PM

Mine doesn't have a name either. Says Special Order
Old 5/1/13, 07:14 PM
GT Member

Yes... I hope they stay ahead of schedule. Mine could be built then somewhere around the end of next week. Delivery shouldn't take that long for me. They usually truck 'em in. I'm so anxious to crawl behind that wheel and cruise.

My GEICO premium is $293 for the 2011 Ranger XLT Supercab 4x4. The new GT will be an increase of $56.
Is that a month
Old 5/1/13, 07:16 PM
Bullitt Member

I'll forego my name on the window sticker and set my sights on having the title application and keys in-hand.
Old 5/1/13, 07:20 PM

Deysha rocks, sent me my vin and window sticker today.
Ordered 4/11/13, build week of 5/13, eta 5/30
Sterling Gray GT/CS
Just have to wait 4 weeks.
Have to get another brochure, my 750 coupon expires 5/19
Old 5/1/13, 07:25 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Kevin0027
Is that a month
6 month premium will be $349, bro. GEICO has always been cheap for me. Might be based on my longevity with the company. I've been with GEICO since 1984.
Old 5/1/13, 07:27 PM
GT Member

6 month premium will be $349, bro. GEICO has always been cheap for me. Might be based on my longevity with the company. I've been with GEICO since 1984.
Thats pretty good! I'm only 27 so you've had insurance there a year before I was born haha! But my rates are basically right at 100 a month for full coverage on both my truck and for the mustang gt
Old 5/1/13, 07:40 PM
GT Member

Man, all you guys are getting your VINs and window stickers that ordered right around the same time I did....April 11th.

My 750.00 rebate coupon expires on May 18th, and there is no way I'll have my car by then !! I've been ordering brochures over the past 2 weeks and not a single one has showed up!!
Old 5/1/13, 07:43 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Kevin0027
Thats pretty good! I'm only 27 so you've had insurance there a year before I was born haha! But my rates are basically right at 100 a month for full coverage on both my truck and for the mustang gt
Your rates don't seem to me that they are overly expensive for a two-vehicle policy. But, I know very little about insurance premiums for younger folks. I never had any kids.

I remember, back in the day, when my agent said, "When you turn 25, your rates will drop." I found out that was a lie.
Old 5/1/13, 07:43 PM
GT Member

I know Ford updates stuff on Wednesday, so after catching up on my morning email, I decided to go ahead and click on the link to my window sticker Deysha gave me last week...

Usually, I get an immediate error screen reading "The VIN entered was not found in our system."

TODAY, however, my browser skipped a beat, spun the little "give me a second to load" symbol, and produced a lovely window sticker!
http://fordlabels.webview.biz/webvie...BP8CF1E5235369

According the the sticker, I have a "blend" date of 13 May (a Monday, but I don't care). Other than the fact that they spelled my name wrong on the sticker (should be Hanlin- not Manlin), its exactly what I ordered.

Now, hopefully those wonderful UmpahLumpahs that assemble our cars don't go on a bender on Mother's Day!

Question- on the window sticker, there is a scan code that says "Experience this vehicle," but when scanned it just pulls up the Ford.com site. Is this supposed to pull up an image of your car as ordered online?

PS- Thank you, Deysha!
Awesome, good to hear !!!!
Old 5/1/13, 07:52 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Cobra 2997
Man, all you guys are getting your VINs and window stickers that ordered right around the same time I did....April 11th.

My 750.00 rebate coupon expires on May 18th, and there is no way I'll have my car by then !! I've been ordering brochures over the past 2 weeks and not a single one has showed up!!
I chose the $1500 rebate, over a low interest rate option. I was told that I was locked in, regardless. They never mentioned a $750 coupon. Cobra, you should still be eligible, being you placed your order before the coupon expired. Let them know you have one and make them honor it.
Old 5/1/13, 07:56 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I ordered brochures at least three times over a 2 week period, and only got one to show up (and when it did, there was no $750 coupon). So, I've placed about 3-4 orders in the 2 weeks since- with no brochures arriving.

I got the X-Plan price (and the $1,500 rebate). As long as the price they quoted me for my trade-in doesn't change (I drive my '65 any day there is 0% chance of rain, so there will only be another 500 miles on the Z4's odometer- so I'll want an explanation if the trade-in changes) I guess I can live without the $750 coupon.

Purplekrab- we have identical dates for each step of the process. I will be VERY happy if the car is here by 30 May. My dad- from whom I inherited my addiction to cars- will be in town for my son's graduation from HS (kid thinks he'll be driving the GT to his graduation ). It would be cool to take dad to the delivery!

I chose the $1500 rebate, over a low interest rate option.

Me too- I can get 2.39% through my bank- which is almost as good as the 1.9% Ford offers if you don't take the $1,500.

Last edited by Varilux; 5/1/13 at 07:59 PM.
Old 5/1/13, 08:03 PM
GT Member

Your rates don't seem to me that they are overly expensive for a two-vehicle policy. But, I know very little about insurance premiums for younger folks. I never had any kids.

I remember, back in the day, when my agent said, "When you turn 25, your rates will drop." I found out that was a lie.
Mine def did when i was 24 i was still under my dads insurance, getting quotes for my 350z was around 250-300 a month...2 months after i turned 25 i got it for right at 100 a month * two cars actually saves you a little money or keeps you right at the same price * so it actually worked with the 25 thing for me...
Old 5/1/13, 08:05 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Cobra 2997

I ordered mine on 3/11 :-/ and my 750 private cash expires on may 25th... So hopefully my dealer eta of 5/12 or 5/15 sticks
Old 5/1/13, 08:18 PM
Bullitt Member

I ordered brochures at least three times over a 2 week period, and only got one to show up (and when it did, there was no $750 coupon). So, I've placed about 3-4 orders in the 2 weeks since- with no brochures arriving.

I got the X-Plan price (and the $1,500 rebate). As long as the price they quoted me for my trade-in doesn't change (I drive my '65 any day there is 0% chance of rain, so there will only be another 500 miles on the Z4's odometer- so I'll want an explanation if the trade-in changes) I guess I can live without the $750 coupon.

Purplekrab- we have identical dates for each step of the process. I will be VERY happy if the car is here by 30 May. My dad- from whom I inherited my addiction to cars- will be in town for my son's graduation from HS (kid thinks he'll be driving the GT to his graduation ). It would be cool to take dad to the delivery!

I chose the $1500 rebate, over a low interest rate option.
Me too- I can get 2.39% through my bank- which is almost as good as the 1.9% Ford offers if you don't take the $1,500.
I swiped a '14 Mustang brochure at the dealership. It was the only one they had. No coupon in it though. Just plenty of features/tech verbage and boat loads of photos to drool over.

Hopefully, I'll be skipping my May Ranger payment and may not have to make first payment on the GT until July. I also have it set up for my service tech at QuickLane (and I) to take it for a spin on I-44. He quoted me $67.95 for servicing too. That's cheap.
Old 5/2/13, 06:34 AM
GT Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
When I ordered my car my salesman said my $750 coupon was locked into the deal along with the rebate. My coupon expiration day was the day I ordered my car.

Quick Reply: 2014 Ordered/Built/Delivered Thread