Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

2014 Ordered/Built/Delivered Thread

Search this Thread

Old 4/25/13, 01:32 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mstdell
I am taking delivery of a 2014 mustang GT premium CS this weekend and am hoping for some insight as to what I should be looking for during my pre delivery inspection. I know once I drive away I am locked in. I've waited almost 3 months for this special order mustang and want to do my due diligence before parting with 40K. please advise.
Congrats. All I can say is take your time, look it over from top to bottom, panel alignment, rims, engine bay and hood closing, interior, check that everything functions, test drive and enjoy. My dealer put mine up on a lift and had me look at the under side too. Your bound to miss something (I missed grease spot on rear seat).
Old 4/25/13, 07:01 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by dmichaels
Did you get the PM I sent a couple days ago with my order # and dealer name? I can resend it it didn't go through, but would love to have any insight possible as to progress!
Thanks
I sure did! I’ll get back to you today.

Originally Posted by ME-ENGR-2013
Just got word from Deysha that my ETA is May 11th!! Ordered on March 8th.
Can't come soon enough!!
I’m sure! You’re welcome, ME-ENGR-2013!

Originally Posted by Varilux
I received a PM from Deysha!

I've got the VIN, and should be able to print a sticker around 8 May.

Of course, I've jinxed everything by circling 30 May on my calendar (the fellow in the next cube over closes on his house on the 30th... we decided against having a huge countdown sign).

Thanks again, Deysha!
Lol! You’re welcome, Varilux!

Much thanks to Deysha as she was able to keep me up to date during the whole order/wait process which at times was brutal. She kept me ahead of the game and routinely had answers and updates long before my dealer contact. Deysha was an awesome resource. Thank you Deysha for all your help you made my car buying experience better than I had hoped for and Ford is lucky to have you represent them to their customers!
Awwwe!! Thanks, mstdell!

Deysha

Last edited by FordService; 4/25/13 at 07:03 AM.
Old 4/25/13, 08:19 AM
V6 Member

I am taking delivery of a 2014 mustang GT premium CS this weekend and am hoping for some insight as to what I should be looking for during my pre delivery inspection. I know once I drive away I am locked in. I've waited almost 3 months for this special order mustang and want to do my due diligence before parting with 40K. please advise.
Congrats! As mentioned look it over top to bottom. On my car, I had a small crack in one of the tail lights. I didn't notice it until I got home from the dealer. The only reason it became noticeable was that there was moisture in the tail light lenses. The dealer replaced the tail light the following week. Good luck!
Old 4/25/13, 08:42 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Here's a link to a Consumer Reports "New Car Delivery Checklist:"
http://www.consumerreports.org/conte...ion_table.html

There's a few things on there even my OCD mind didn't think of...
Old 4/25/13, 02:09 PM
GT Member

Wow, that was quick varilux. Didnt you order last week?

Actually, I ordered on 11 April- but yeah compared to some I got my VIN pretty quick. I will be curious to see if Cobra 2997 (who ordered the same day) has gotten his VIN.

Now that I have a date (even if it is tentative), I am way excited again. (I get my love of cars from my dad).

It'll still be a long wait- but today was a great day!
-Pete
Great to hear Pete !! I'll need to check with Deysha regarding mine. I didn't think there would be any possible way that I could have a VIN by now, but I'll find out.
Do you happen to know what the Priority Number on your order was ? Mine's 15, which isn't the greatest.

-Scott
Old 4/25/13, 02:14 PM

Smile

Hey guys just finished ordering my 2014 Mustang GT/CS on Tuesday !!!
Old 4/25/13, 02:44 PM
GT Member

I'm sure this has been asked before, But is there any way to track your car when it's been shipped from flat rock?
Old 4/25/13, 04:56 PM
Mach 1 Member

Do you happen to know what the Priority Number on your order was ? Mine's 15, which isn't the greatest.
Deysha didn't say what my priority number was, but on the order verification form they gave me at the dealer the night I placed the order, I noticed it had a priority of "10" listed (which is supposed to be pretty good).

I'm sure this has been asked before, But is there any way to track your car when it's been shipped from flat rock?
My dealer said once the car was on its way, he could track it through every town and stop- so I'm guessing you can. Also, I've read where people got the number of the railcar and were able to track it directly through the train company.

Also, my dealer said there is some sort of document he can put together showing every detail of my car's build (including detailed info about the build at the factory, the dates/times of the train's progress, etc.) which he would print out for me when they delivered the car.

Now that I have a date, I am a very happy camper (browsing through this forum looking at mods- I want to get the LockPick asap, and I still have to settle on what type of stripes/graphics I'll be getting). I'm thinking I want to get the flat black 5.0 badges, flat black the hood vents, and maybe have the flat black rocker stripes (oh and flat black out the back panel and faux gas cap).
Old 4/25/13, 05:20 PM
GT Member

Deysha didn't say what my priority number was, but on the order verification form they gave me at the dealer the night I placed the order, I noticed it had a priority of "10" listed (which is supposed to be pretty good).

My dealer said once the car was on its way, he could track it through every town and stop- so I'm guessing you can. Also, I've read where people got the number of the railcar and were able to track it directly through the train company.

Also, my dealer said there is some sort of document he can put together showing every detail of my car's build (including detailed info about the build at the factory, the dates/times of the train's progress, etc.) which he would print out for me when they delivered the car.

Now that I have a date, I am a very happy camper (browsing through this forum looking at mods- I want to get the LockPick asap, and I still have to settle on what type of stripes/graphics I'll be getting). I'm thinking I want to get the flat black 5.0 badges, flat black the hood vents, and maybe have the flat black rocker stripes (oh and flat black out the back panel and faux gas cap).
I wonder where they got the railcar number from...
Old 4/25/13, 06:03 PM
V6 Member

After interrogating my dealer they contacted their rep to see about pushing my order. I found out that their first mustang allotment is filled and I might not see a build date until June or after the shutdown. Not sure how much truth is in that. Anyone run into a full allotment before? Deysha? I guess I shouldnt have waited so long to order. Another 8+ weeks sharing a car is going to be painful if true.
Old 4/25/13, 07:24 PM
Mach 1 Member

I am thinking the size of the dealer might have to do with how fast a car gets built. I originally went to the dealer closest to my home (which is a single, medium sized Ford dealership). They only had 4 Mustangs on the lot, and when asked the salesguy said "We primarily sell trucks- so we don't stock many Mustangs."

When it became blatantly obvious they didn't care enough to know anything about the Mustang (didn't even know the '15 would be a completely new model), I decided to go to the next closest dealer (which is part of a five location chain). The sales guy was very well informed- and I'm guessing the size of the dealer gets them a bigger allocation (they have 14 Mustangs just at the one location). I shudder to think what the wait time might have been through the first dealer.

I think it was an F150 forum that talked about tracking the rail car. I think he called Ford customer service and got the rail car number- then located and called the service center for the rail company and tracked it that way. I'm told by my dealer that he can precisely track the progress himself once it has left the factory.
Old 4/25/13, 07:29 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
I am thinking the size of the dealer might have to do with how fast a car gets built. I originally went to the dealer closest to my home (which is a single, medium sized Ford dealership). They only had 4 Mustangs on the lot, and when asked the salesguy said "We primarily sell trucks- so we don't stock many Mustangs."

When it became blatantly obvious they didn't care enough to know anything about the Mustang (didn't even know the '15 would be a completely new model), I decided to go to the next closest dealer (which is part of a five location chain). The sales guy was very well informed- and I'm guessing the size of the dealer gets them a bigger allocation (they have 14 Mustangs just at the one location). I shudder to think what the wait time might have been through the first dealer.

I think it was an F150 forum that talked about tracking the rail car. I think he called Ford customer service and got the rail car number- then located and called the service center for the rail company and tracked it that way. I'm told by my dealer that he can precisely track the progress himself once it has left the factory.
Yea, the dealer plays a very big part.
Old 4/25/13, 07:42 PM
GT Member

might see what i can come up with then
Old 4/25/13, 08:07 PM
GT Member

just found this online....

Find out when your vehicle will be shipped to the dealership
For this part you need to call Ford Fleet Information Center at
1-800-343-5338. Then press 2 and then press 2 again to check order status. (Unless your dealership gives you the password, the dealership may have to do this for you)
Old 4/25/13, 09:44 PM

Got very good news from Deysha today! Was hoping for a VIN, got that AND a window sticker! 2014 GT premium coupe, 6MT, sterling gray, blend date 4/29, ETA to dealer 5/15

Thank you Deysha, you are an incredible asset to this forum!

Last edited by 14FiveOh; 4/25/13 at 09:45 PM.
Old 4/25/13, 10:00 PM

Here's a link to a Consumer Reports "New Car Delivery Checklist:"
http://www.consumerreports.org/conte...ion_table.html

There's a few things on there even my OCD mind didn't think of...
This will be a good starting point for when I take delivery - hard to think of everything to check without some kind of list. Thanks for posting!
Old 4/26/13, 06:42 AM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by Hadtohaveit'13
Yea, the dealer plays a very big part.

When it became blatantly obvious they didn't care enough to know anything about the Mustang (didn't even know the '15 would be a completely new model), I decided to go to the next closest dealer (which is part of a five location chain). The sales guy was very well informed- and I'm guessing the size of the dealer gets them a bigger allocation (they have 14 Mustangs just at the one location). I shudder to think what the wait time might have been through the first dealer....

My dealer is fairly large, they move a ton of cars. My family has been working with this dealer for over 40 years and have always had great success with ordering. My last order was back in 2002, from same dealer, when I ordered a 03 mach1. Was the first to take delivery. So I don't think their size is the issue. I believe it was just bad timing on my part. I shouldn't have waited so long to order knowing that they would have some stock on order. My real issue is the lack of steps taken by dealers during the ordering process. I went by their word and past experience, 4-6 weeks. I waited 2 weeks and put my car up for sale, it sold in less than a week. Figured I would be ok for a couple weeks, not a couple months. I made it a point to tell them that allocation should be checked before the customer orders so that the customer is aware that there might be a delay. All they truly see is $$$$$$ so they could honestly care less, but it felt good to make the point. Maybe now they will do my tire swap for free.

Found out this morning that a friend of mine has an extra car for a couple months until his son gets his temps, so the wait is no big deal now. My wife can have her jeep back now. With another month without a car payment, I can order my mods and have them ready to go so thats a plus.
Old 4/26/13, 07:39 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by Cobra 2997
Great to hear Pete !! I'll need to check with Deysha regarding mine. I didn't think there would be any possible way that I could have a VIN by now, but I'll find out.
Yours should schedule soon, Cobra 2997.

Originally Posted by BlackCaliSpecial
Hey guys just finished ordering my 2014 Mustang GT/CS on Tuesday !!!
Sweet! Congrats, BlackCaliSpecial! Be sure to PM me with your dealer’s name and order status so I can track it for you.

Originally Posted by Kevin0027
There sure is! It’s called Deysha or your dealer.

Originally Posted by cobrajg
After interrogating my dealer they contacted their rep to see about pushing my order. I found out that their first mustang allotment is filled and I might not see a build date until June or after the shutdown. Not sure how much truth is in that. Anyone run into a full allotment before? Deysha? I guess I shouldnt have waited so long to order. Another 8+ weeks sharing a car is going to be painful if true.
This is happens, cobrajg. You can keep checking with me. I’ll keep my fingers crossed for earlier scheduling.

Originally Posted by 14FiveOh
Got very good news from Deysha today! Was hoping for a VIN, got that AND a window sticker! 2014 GT premium coupe, 6MT, sterling gray, blend date 4/29, ETA to dealer 5/15

Thank you Deysha, you are an incredible asset to this forum!
You’re very welcome, 14FiveOh!!

Deysha
Old 4/26/13, 10:29 AM
V6 Member

Thanks Deysha
Old 4/26/13, 12:02 PM

Hi all. I just signed up for these forums cause I just got back from ordering a 2014 SG GT with electronics pack, Track pack and Recaros!!!

I'm super excited and I REALLY hope mine gets made before the change over. My sister also knows people over at Flatrock and I'm going to try and have her take pics and or update me when it comes online if at all possible.

I can't wait!

Quick Reply: 2014 Ordered/Built/Delivered Thread