Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

2014 Ordered/Built/Delivered Thread

Search this Thread

Old 2/26/13, 09:21 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Klink500
Got an ETA of March 21st for my Gt500!!! Spring weather needs to get here fast! Haha

Did you order a 14' or a 13'? What was your order date?
Old 2/26/13, 09:42 AM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Shelby Mama

Did you order a 14' or a 13'? What was your order date?
It is a 2014. I ordered at the end of December. Cannot remember the exact date. Right around the 20th.
Old 2/26/13, 10:41 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Klink500
It is a 2014. I ordered at the end of December. Cannot remember the exact date. Right around the 20th.
That is awesome that your getting your Shelby around March 21st!!

We ordered our 14' Shelby Feb 8th. I hate the wait! I know it will be well worth the wait though! (We have to wait anyways for all this snow to melt!)

What options did you get?

We ordered a Black 2014' GT500 with stripe delete (we are putting on our own silver stripes) 820A, Shaker pro
Old 2/26/13, 11:44 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Stjayp36
The dealers have slots "Allocated" or reserved in the build schedual. If your dealer has already filled their slots for the spring roll out their next slot maybe April or May. Depends on how many your dealer is slated to get versus what they have in route already. By the way Vermont is not that far from maine and my car is being delivered to NH.
Great info, thanks. I'm quite sure I ordered before my dealership had even looked at getting any '14s for the lot, so I should have their first allocation.
Old 2/26/13, 12:00 PM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by tukatz
YEEEE HAAAA!!!
I'll talk to my salesman this morning. He was going to call the transport company to see what he could learn about when it would get to the dealership. Photos soon!
Thanks again, Deysha.
You’re welcome! I can’t wait to see it.

Originally Posted by joey8
How did you check the status to know that it was in the body shop!? I'd love to no where my pony is currently!
Produced.

Originally Posted by thegame
It seems like some guys get their's pretty quick and others take extremely long. Not sure where I stand yet. I was just going to wait and not get any info from anyone. I wanted the huge excitement / surprise of getting that call from the dealer out of nowhere. That didn't last very long, mainly just to make sure the order actually is going through.
Don’t worry, thegame. I’ll get to your PM as soon as possible.

Originally Posted by Crusty_2014_GT500_Conv.
Hi Deysha, I just sent you a PM for a quick shipment status update. Just knowing my Shelby is rolling on something would be great news. Thank you!
Thanks! I’ll get back to you as soon as possible.

Originally Posted by five-0
YEAH!!! Just got my VIN!!!Thanks Deysha!!!
LOL! You’re very welcome.

Originally Posted by elkk
Try to be patient (nearly impossible for me) yours should be scheduling soon. I ordered on 01/07/13 and just received the VIN from Deysha on 02/25/13. No other info as yet.
Getting closer, elkk.

Originally Posted by Stjayp36
Deysha has been great - I think she's getting sick of me poking her each Friday for an update. Hopefully soon good news will come.
Thanks, Stjayp36!

Deysha
Old 2/26/13, 12:06 PM
Mach 1 Member

Hi Deysha - did you forget about my PM? All the other kids got some news except me...
Old 2/26/13, 12:46 PM
Cobra Member

Received 44 Likes on 30 Posts
The transport company will be delivering my car to the dealership between 3 and 5 tomorrow and I'll be able to take delivery on Thursday.
Old 2/26/13, 02:13 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by Shelby Mama

That is awesome that your getting your Shelby around March 21st!!

We ordered our 14' Shelby Feb 8th. I hate the wait! I know it will be well worth the wait though! (We have to wait anyways for all this snow to melt!)

What options did you get?

We ordered a Black 2014' GT500 with stripe delete (we are putting on our own silver stripes) 820A, Shaker pro
That will look sweet! I wonder why they don't have say a sterling grey stripe option for the black cars. As a kid I wanted a bat mobile and this is the closest I think I will get haha. So I got black with black striping. I am a sucker for black(muhaha). 820A and Recaros. That's it didn't want/need anything else. I won't lie the late march delivery is awesome. However I don't believe the weather here in Western PA will be quite ready for it. Plus there is so much salt on the roads. I will be recording revving it etc. Sit in the garage with it and play the recording and pretend like I am driving for a month. (No seriously!)
Old 2/26/13, 02:41 PM

Deysha, thank you for the PM, I'll check back with you Thursday or Friday. In the meanwhile...
Old 2/26/13, 05:58 PM

haha klink500 that would be awesome!Very possible i guess.
Old 2/27/13, 12:27 AM

Deysha PM'd me. Mine is about 100 miles away, waiting to be trucked to the dealership. Thank you Deysha.
I wonder if the dealership will want it to count for this month?
Old 2/27/13, 08:13 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by Newchamp
Deysha PM'd me. Mine is about 100 miles away, waiting to be trucked to the dealership. Thank you Deysha.
I wonder if the dealership will want it to count for this month?
I'm sure they would, but they have little or no influence over the transport company. In any event, they will need about a day to go through their inspections and detailing to have the car ready to deliver to you. It's odd that I got strangely patient about mine once it got to the nearby rail yard. I knew where it was and knew it would just be a matter of a few days. I hope to shoot video of mine coming off the truck this afternoon.
Old 2/27/13, 08:23 AM
GTR Member

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Looking forward to that video. I'm excited for you
Old 2/27/13, 08:32 AM
V6 Member

I hope to shoot video of mine coming off the truck this afternoon.
It would be great if you could pull a few still frames off that video from an angle where the seats cannot be seen ... then I could reappropriate it as MY pony coming off the truck, too!
Old 2/27/13, 08:33 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by Kairho
It would be great if you could pull a few still frames off that video from an angle where the seats cannot be seen ... then I could reappropriate it as MY pony coming off the truck, too!
Problem is that the top will be up, but I suppose you could Photoshop that.
Old 2/27/13, 08:36 AM
V6 Member

Problem is that the top will be up, but I suppose you could Photoshop that.
You're right with me ... photoshopping the top should not at all be difficult! (this is hilarious!)
Old 2/27/13, 09:31 AM
V6 Member

Hey Deysha just letting you know its been awhile since I sent my pm. Im kinda going crazy making sure ford accepted the order

Thanks

Paul
Old 2/27/13, 10:16 AM
Cobra Member

My salesman provided me a full tracking history printout on my car and it makes interesting reading. It's a spreadsheet that shows higher level status, detail level status, location, date/time, and ETA.

I had understood that the build date shown on the window sticker was the date they finish building the car, but mine shows the following:
2/4 - In Production - Sent to Plant
2/6 - In Production - Body Shop
2/12 - In Production - Trim Line
2/13 - In Production - Produced
2/13 - Awaiting Shipment - Released
2/13 - In Transit - Received - C31 (Autoport Limited)
2/14 - In Transit - Shipped Rail on Canadian National Railway

CSX must sub out westbound cars to Canadian National. They take them down through Indiana into Illimois and turn them over to BNSF. That part took 4 days, so BNSF got the car on 2/18. It arrived in the nearby rail yard in Kent, WA on 2/23 and will be delivered to my dealer this afternoon.

When I pick it up tomorrow afternoon it will have taken 52 days from order to delivery.
Old 2/27/13, 10:49 AM
Cobra Member

My salesman provided me a full tracking history printout on my car and it makes interesting reading. It's a spreadsheet that shows higher level status, detail level status, location, date/time, and ETA.

I had understood that the build date shown on the window sticker was the date they finish building the car, but mine shows the following:
2/4 - In Production - Sent to Plant
2/6 - In Production - Body Shop
2/12 - In Production - Trim Line
2/13 - In Production - Produced
2/13 - Awaiting Shipment - Released
2/13 - In Transit - Received - C31 (Autoport Limited)
2/14 - In Transit - Shipped Rail on Canadian National Railway

CSX must sub out westbound cars to Canadian National. They take them down through Indiana into Illimois and turn them over to BNSF. That part took 4 days, so BNSF got the car on 2/18. It arrived in the nearby rail yard in Kent, WA on 2/23 and will be delivered to my dealer this afternoon.

When I pick it up tomorrow afternoon it will have taken 52 days from order to delivery.
Dang, must be nice; my salesmen was clueless from start to finish. Though his cluelessness ended up saving me 2k...
Old 2/27/13, 10:56 AM
Cobra Member

My dealership and salesmen have been great. When I went there to see another model in Ruby Red and it had been raining, they volunteered to pull it in and dry it off. I went back later to take another drive in a V6 without any performance upgrades and they just handed me the keys and said take your time. Yesterday, when we learned that my car would be another day before being trucked down, they volunteered to send someone up to get it. I told them that was not necessary, that I could wait one more day. Great people to work with.

Quick Reply: 2014 Ordered/Built/Delivered Thread