Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

2014 Ordered/Built/Delivered Thread

Search this Thread

Old 4/19/13, 07:40 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Shelby Mama
OK, here are the pics of the beast. I wish I had something better than my cellphone! Pictures don't do it justice! Last pic has damage circles in red, but it very hard to see with the low quality of the camera. Enjoy!
What a beauty. Sorry about the delivery issues, Shelby Mama. I hope your dealer can get this solved in a very timely manner. I love seeing these Shelby's being delivered. Hopefully mine gets scheduled sometime soon. This wait is killing me, I can't imagine the car arriving and then having to wait some more for it to be fixed. On the bright side, you still have snow and salt in Wisky so maybe it will be gone and the roads clean when you finally bring her home.
Old 4/19/13, 08:08 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Download one now...

Originally Posted by Topnotch
Dude...Don't bother...when the 14 one is at my dealer...i'll send you a couple...
http://www.ford.com/brochures/
Old 4/19/13, 11:33 PM
V6 Member

Shelby Mama, for what its worth, the last vehicle I ordered, before my Mustang, was damaged in shipping. They ended up repainting the door. I could always see that it wasn't a perfect match. Worse, much later, I pulled the floormat and found that they had tracked paint into the carpet, and tried to wipe it out with paint thinner. Personally, unless you have a crazy good deal, I would have to negotiate a better price, or I would re-order.

r
, and found where they had tracked paint into the carpet! I would definitely want to negotiate a better price, or reorder.
Old 4/20/13, 08:11 AM

Talking

Thanks to Deysha !!

I am scheduled to build have a VIN and have an ETA of May-22-2013 to the dealer. Ordered April 5, 2013.
DIB V6 Premium Pony Package and very loaded including upgraded gears.
Old 4/20/13, 12:31 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Received 1,733 Likes on 1,232 Posts
Originally Posted by 2014grabber
I would definitely want to negotiate a better price, or reorder.
Nice looking car ShelbyMama. I "almost" got a Shelby.
I personally would reorder and I would reorder from another dealership. Not that any of this is the dealership's doing, (but you don't know that), just too be safe and get rid of that bad vibe.
GOOD LUCK!
Old 4/20/13, 12:58 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Thanks for the link to the on-line brochure. I ordered a brochure a couple weeks ago (and several times since then), and one finally arrived today.

Alas, there was no $750 coupon in the back- just a reference to the $1500 rebate (or financing) that is available... Maybe one of my other requests will come through with a brochure that has a coupon- but I'm guessing the coupons are probably sent only to specific regions where Ford is trying to drum up sales.
Old 4/20/13, 05:28 PM

I was wondering the same thing?!? Must of got off the short bus and got right into the delivery truck! I guess "My Shelby Battle Wagon" had too much power for him to handle!

First, I am so terribly sorry to hear the news! To have to wait so long and then get hit with this must be infuriating.

One thing I'm curious about....how exactly has the dealership been with the issue of the car's condition. Yes they're offering to fix it, but are they "on the ball" and working to make things right with you, or are they just treating it like an "oops"? My impression from your comments leans more towards the latter, to be honest, but I just wanted to get a better feel for that.

I tend to agree with Stage_3 on this one. You custom ordered a brand new Shelby GT500, and that is not what they delivered. You didn't order one with a repair history (which as someone mentioned could mean an already diminished value), and you should not need to have someone check over the car for any other "damage" before accepting it. Unless they have been bending over backwards to make this right, and not just the repair itself but making sure that you and your husband feel right about the whole thing....then I would tell them you didn't order a used car and put the order in with another dealer.
Old 4/20/13, 08:04 PM
Bullitt Member

CarFax Consideration

Another thing to ask the dealer about is "If they repair it will it have a history should someone run a CarFax on it". If so that would kill the deal for me.
Old 4/20/13, 09:06 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by elkk
Another thing to ask the dealer about is "If they repair it will it have a history should someone run a CarFax on it". If so that would kill the deal for me.
Bill,

That is one of the most important questions that we will be asking. Just hypothetically, what if in say 20-30 years we look at sell the car and there is a claim of carfax. How much will that claim depreciate the value? How detailed will the car fax be? I'm sure not very detailed. The report may read "rear end damage" which could mean a plethora of different things. (the first thing that comes to my mind is being rear ended) The potential buyer may think that the rear stub was bent, when really it is only cosmetic damage... It's just not a good deal overall. We will see what happens when we go back to the dealership on Monday.

I might need Deysha's help in my back pocket!
Old 4/20/13, 09:12 PM
Banned

Bill,

That is one of the most important questions that we will be asking. Just hypothetically, what if in say 20-30 years we look at sell the car and there is a claim of carfax. How much will that claim depreciate the value? How detailed will the car fax be? I'm sure not very detailed. The report may read "rear end damage" which could mean a plethora of different things. (the first thing that comes to my mind is being rear ended) The potential buyer may think that the rear stub was bent, when really it is only cosmetic damage... It's just not a good deal overall. We will see what happens when we go back to the dealership on Monday.

The car isn't registered to anyone yet. There wouldn't be anyway to put anything on a carfax to my knowledge.
Old 4/21/13, 07:37 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by 11SHELBYGT500
The car isn't registered to anyone yet. There wouldn't be anyway to put anything on a carfax to my knowledge.
The CarFax follows the VIN not the owner. It reports date of Registration and so on. Would you buy a car (Shelby) with a bad CarFax? It would certainly leave room for buyer negosiation. Just be informed is all I am saying. My car is 10 days old and already has 3 Records in a CarFax report. View a sample CarFax here:
http://vin.carfax.com/3/vin-carfax-5...30223~carfax~e

Shelby Mama, I doubt it will make any difference in 20 to 30 years however, life changes. You never know what might happen to cause your plans to change. S**t happens all too fast.

Last edited by elkk; 4/21/13 at 07:43 AM. Reason: Correction
Old 4/21/13, 09:04 AM
GT Member

Bill,

If any part of the car is altered it registers as damage. It will come up rear end damage an they automatically go lowest offer on dealer blue book. Just went through all of this while getting my car Looked at for a trade in.
Old 4/21/13, 11:10 AM
GTR Member

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Thumbs up

Do you collect brochures or something?
Nope..........but the '13 one grabbed my attention. Plus, it's got Mustangs in it

Originally Posted by Topnotch
Dude...Don't bother...when the 14 one is at my dealer...i'll send you a couple...
I missed this Sean......if you are able to send my any, I'd be very grateful. Of course, I'd cover the postage. It's a very generous offer, thank you
Old 4/21/13, 05:15 PM

Roughly how long from the time you get your VIN to delivery of the car?
Old 4/21/13, 05:43 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by ME-ENGR-2013
Roughly how long from the time you get your VIN to delivery of the car?
It varies, I'd Guess 2-3 weeks.
Old 4/21/13, 05:52 PM
V6 Member

We picked up my 2014 Sterling Grey on Saturday with 3.4 miles and proceeded to put 250 miles around central TX the past few days.
I am extremely pleased with the car. It drives fantastic.... I shoulda bought one 3 years ago!
There is no break-in info in the manual so I will probably put 1500 on it before i push it.
Maybe better pictures when we download them from the camera
Attached Thumbnails 2014 Ordered/Built/Delivered Thread-image.jpg  

Last edited by y5e06; 4/21/13 at 05:57 PM.
Old 4/21/13, 06:14 PM

Finally took delivery of my 2014 DIB !!!

After a long wait in my dealerships body shop I finally picked mine up. Had them install the steeda shifter bracket, a Roush Hood scoop, street scene chin spoiler, paint the heat extractors matte black and install my GT500 quad exhaust and paint the rear valance to match the car. I ran through a whole tank of gas in two days driving around just to listen to the exhaust, it's just sounds amazing.
Attached Thumbnails 2014 Ordered/Built/Delivered Thread-img_3708.jpg   2014 Ordered/Built/Delivered Thread-img_3759.jpg   2014 Ordered/Built/Delivered Thread-img_3761.jpg   2014 Ordered/Built/Delivered Thread-img_3762.jpg  
Old 4/21/13, 07:45 PM
Mach 1 Member

Both of those newly picked up Mustangs look amazing. y5e06 has the same Sterling Gray mine will be, and svostang has the same glass roof- can't wait to pick mine up!

Your dealer was willing/able to make all those mods? My son and I were just at the dealer looking at the heat extractors and talking about painting them black, and I think the Roush hood scoop looks amazing! I thought the Roush had a whole different hood- now I have one more "goodie" to look up.

What are your first impressions of the glass roof? That is one of the features of my car I'm most looking forward to seeing.
Old 4/21/13, 07:52 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by elkk

The CarFax follows the VIN not the owner. It reports date of Registration and so on. Would you buy a car (Shelby) with a bad CarFax? It would certainly leave room for buyer negosiation. Just be informed is all I am saying. My car is 10 days old and already has 3 Records in a CarFax report. View a sample CarFax here:
http://vin.carfax.com/3/vin-carfax-5...30223~carfax~e

Shelby Mama, I doubt it will make any difference in 20 to 30 years however, life changes. You never know what might happen to cause your plans to change. S**t happens all too fast.
It's a car that has a VIN that hasn't been registered yet. Carfax knows nothing about this car and won't start a record until its first legal registration.
Old 4/21/13, 08:22 PM
Bullitt Member

It's a car that has a VIN that hasn't been registered yet. Carfax knows nothing about this car and won't start a record until its first legal registration.
I beg to differ. It shows everything since delivered to the dealer and forward. See the sample below...even shows "Mud Flaps/Splash Guards Installed" and "Pre-delivery Inspection" which all happen before 'first legal registration'.

10/28/2004
2 Honda East
Cincinnati, OH
513-528-8000
hondaeastcincy.com
Mud flaps/splash guards installed
Pre-delivery inspection completed

Last edited by elkk; 4/21/13 at 08:24 PM.

Quick Reply: 2014 Ordered/Built/Delivered Thread