Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Neverl8
It varies, I'd Guess 2-3 weeks.
lol Neverl8...your kidding right?
Old 4/21/13, 08:27 PM

Originally Posted by Varilux
Both of those newly picked up Mustangs look amazing. y5e06 has the same Sterling Gray mine will be, and svostang has the same glass roof- can't wait to pick mine up!

Your dealer was willing/able to make all those mods? My son and I were just at the dealer looking at the heat extractors and talking about painting them black, and I think the Roush hood scoop looks amazing! I thought the Roush had a whole different hood- now I have one more "goodie" to look up.

What are your first impressions of the glass roof? That is one of the features of my car I'm most looking forward to seeing.
Dealer's body shop had no issues but had to wait on their schedule. Waited almost two weeks after is was delivered to pick it up. The glass roof is awesome, I got that feature for my wife since we share the car but I actually love it now. Glad it has a good slide out shade since it might not be so great in the Texas summers. I attached another pic of the hood to show the heat extractors and the scoop. The black really helps them stand out.
Attached Thumbnails 2014 Ordered/Built/Delivered Thread-mustang-hood.jpg  
Old 4/21/13, 10:16 PM

Svostang your car looks amazing. Good job. By the way it looks like you know how to use a camera. Nice touch with the aperture on the glass roof shot.

Side note: I've had my 2014 white GT/CS for about a month now and it is awesome. No problems to note. The painted black wheels look great but are a bugger to keep clean. I get many people looking at the car while I drive and even in the parking lots. I was in a store and looked out at the parking lot and saw a guy bring his wife over to look at the car. That was cool.
Old 4/21/13, 10:40 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by elkk

lol Neverl8...your kidding right?
Of course I am. Except for the varying part. Every one is different.
Old 4/21/13, 11:38 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Thanks for the extra picture... that scoop looks amazing (I've already found several sites where I can get it :^).

I just have to decide if I want to get the scoop first or the wiring loom to unlock the NAV-DVD features while the car is moving.

PS- Regarding CarFax, the dealer is under absolutely no obligation to report anything to CarFax or any other reporting agency. My '65 was rear-ended a few weeks ago, and I had a friendly chat with the agent who was doing the adjustment on the damage. He said many insurance companies never report info to CarFax- it is voluntary (according to him).

Last edited by Varilux; 4/21/13 at 11:40 PM.
Old 4/22/13, 02:02 AM
Bullitt Member

PS- Regarding CarFax, the dealer is under absolutely no obligation to report anything to CarFax or any other reporting agency. My '65 was rear-ended a few weeks ago, and I had a friendly chat with the agent who was doing the adjustment on the damage. He said many insurance companies never report info to CarFax- it is voluntary (according to him).
Most major insurance companies and All major automobile manufacturers / dealers agree to give CarFax (or sell) the ability to pick info off their computers as well as all state licensing agencies. If the info is entered in to a web-based computer the info is out there. If you have your mechanical or body repair done by 'Joe Smoe' it won't show up on CarFax.

Having worked at Ford Dealership I can also tell you Ford will sometimes void the paint warranty and enter that info in to the Ford National Database. For instance, dealer owned new car hail damaged vehicles have their Paint Warranty voided. So they have the ability.
Old 4/22/13, 02:10 AM
Banned

I beg to differ. It shows everything since delivered to the dealer and forward. See the sample below...even shows "Mud Flaps/Splash Guards Installed" and "Pre-delivery Inspection" which all happen before 'first legal registration'.

10/28/2004
2 Honda East
Cincinnati, OH
513-528-8000
hondaeastcincy.com
Mud flaps/splash guards installed
Pre-delivery inspection completed
Dang!! That's just wrong, that's going too far into the history of a vehicle.
Old 4/22/13, 08:32 AM
Mach 1 Member

Well, I can tell you for sure that Progressive does not report repairs or claims to CarFax.

End of day, the situation sucks. However, if it were me I would get a lot of photo documentation, have the dealer fix it perfectly, have them provide me a written document of exactly what occurred, and negotiate a lower price for the vehicle.

10-20 years down the road, even if it were reported to CarFax (and I refuse to believe the Ford dealer is legally obligated to do so unless the "participating dealer" agreement has some binding clause), it will show as an event that occurred at 0 (or close to 0 miles) and- along with the aforementioned documentation- should clear any question up.

If I were buying a '14 Shelby 10-20 years from now and was able to see that level of documentation, it wouldn't give me a second of pause. Also- assuming the dealer fixes it right (new bumper, paint, etc.) I don't think it would keep me from taking delivery on a car I've waited that long for... That said, I hope I never have to find out for myself what I would do!
Old 4/22/13, 08:43 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by wentw1tj
I wanted to let you know Deysha so I don't wast your time, my sales rep just called me and gave me my VIN and dates. I am very happy.
Thanks so much
You’re welcome, wentw1tj.

Originally Posted by NAUIdvr1
My GHIG GT Premium Convertible delivered to dealer yesterday. I went in to discuss numbers and attempt to finalize the price. Ended up walking out the door with no car - temporarily!
Well congrats again, NAUIdr1!

Originally Posted by Shelby Mama
Thank you for the congrats!

I have some SERIOUS complaints though! I am NOT a happy Shelby owner....as of yet!
I can get this experience documented for you, Shelby Mama. Please PM me with your dealer, full name, mileage, and best daytime number.

Originally Posted by Billvonfestang
Thanks to Deysha !!
I am scheduled to build have a VIN and have an ETA of May-22-2013 to the dealer. Ordered April 5, 2013.
DIB V6 Premium Pony Package and very loaded including upgraded gears.
You’re very welcome, Billvonfestang!

Originally Posted by y5e06
We picked up my 2014 Sterling Grey on Saturday with 3.4 miles and proceeded to put 250 miles around central TX the past few days.
Originally Posted by svostang
After a long wait in my dealerships body shop I finally picked mine up. Had them install the steeda shifter bracket, a Roush Hood scoop, street scene chin spoiler, paint the heat extractors matte black and install my GT500 quad exhaust and paint the rear valance to match the car.
Woo hoo! Congrats, guys!!

Deysha
Old 4/22/13, 10:21 AM
Bullitt Member

Well, I can tell you for sure that Progressive does not report repairs or claims to CarFax.
Varilux I agree with everything you said. I do believe the damage is minor and will make no difference even if reported on CarFax so long as there is pictures and documentation along with it. But just know that CarFax gets its information directly from registered repair facilities and/or the insurance companies. So even if Progressive does not report it, the info might show up on a CarFax if the repair shop reports it, some do some don't.

Like I said, my 10 day old Mustang already has 3 records in CarFax all involving registration and has not been back to any dealer for anything. So there is a link.

I would have to see it after repair and then decide. As someone else stated the dealer would have fixed it and probably not mentioned it to another buyer. It's a piece of sheet metal to them.
Old 4/22/13, 02:28 PM
Mach 1 Member

But just know that CarFax gets its information directly from registered repair facilities and/or the insurance companies. So even if Progressive does not report it, the info might show up on a CarFax if the repair shop reports it, some do some don't.

elkk- I get what you are saying (even if the insurance company doesn't file a report, the shop that fixes the damage may make a report). In my case, I was getting the damage to my car adjusted at the Progressive repair facility (which also does repairs in the same building), and the adjuster was pointing out that- at least in cases where Progressive processes the claim and repairs the damage- there will be no report to CarFax.

In reality, that is kinda scary because you could purchase a car that had been in a significant accident and- if the repairs were handled through Progressive and no police report was filed- there might be no report at all in CarFax.

I'll be interested to see how the Ford dealer resolves this one. Obviously, they "dropped the ball" on the delivery (if for no other reason for failing to let a buyer who told them they wanted to be present when the car was delivered know when the car was arriving). My guess is the dealer will find a way to "make it right." I'd initially be just as peeved as anyone about this kind of accident- but I think once I had time to process it all I'd find a way to work it out with the dealer.
Old 4/22/13, 07:19 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Received 1,712 Likes on 1,219 Posts
Originally Posted by Royer951
Svostang your car looks amazing. Good job.
I agree. Car looks great. I like that hood scoop!
Old 4/23/13, 03:54 AM

man i hope my car arrives by the first week of June. which would be 8 weeks. im only gonna be home for 3 weeks. so if it doesnt come in that time frame i will not be accepting it.
Old 4/23/13, 06:46 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by kingnut
man i hope my car arrives by the first week of June. which would be 8 weeks. im only gonna be home for 3 weeks. so if it doesnt come in that time frame i will not be accepting it.
I think you will not have a problem getting it in 8 weeks. Seems to me the average here is around 5 weeks with some much faster. Good Luck and Congrats.
Old 4/23/13, 08:28 AM
GT Member

Window sticker just went up. Looks like my build date is 4/29 this time.
Old 4/23/13, 08:33 AM
V6 Member

I'm at 4 weeks and no VIN yet. Was hoping with priority 10 I would have it by now.

Is the plant for sure shutting down for a week in May and for the month of June? I can handle sharing my wife's jeep for a couple more weeks, but not a couple months.
Old 4/23/13, 08:37 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Neverl8
Window sticker just went up. Looks like my build date is 4/29 this time.
Finally..Again!!
Old 4/23/13, 08:38 AM
GT Member

Finally..Again!!
Only good part is at least this one isn't being built on my ex's birthday like the other.
Old 4/23/13, 08:59 AM
Mach 1 Member

Is the plant for sure shutting down for a week in May and for the month of June?

What??? Last week, my dealer "claimed" I have a build date sometime around May 17 (who knows if this is the real scoop though... odd to define a week by a date that falls on a Friday). If the build is going to be after June, I have to rethink whether I want to wait around for the order.

Honestly, I thought ordering a car from the factory would be exciting- so far, its just been a let down. Yeah, I only placed the order 12 days ago- but considering this is a $40k+ purchase its kinda disheartening when the only information from the folks selling me the car is "It looks like the order got picked up- it should be built around 17 May, and then who knows how long it will take for delivery..."

Last edited by Varilux; 4/23/13 at 09:00 AM.
Old 4/23/13, 09:15 AM
Bullitt Member

Is the plant for sure shutting down for a week in May and for the month of June?

What??? Last week, my dealer "claimed" I have a build date sometime around May 17 (who knows if this is the real scoop though... odd to define a week by a date that falls on a Friday). If the build is going to be after June, I have to rethink whether I want to wait around for the order.

Honestly, I thought ordering a car from the factory would be exciting- so far, its just been a let down. Yeah, I only placed the order 12 days ago- but considering this is a $40k+ purchase its kinda disheartening when the only information from the folks selling me the car is "It looks like the order got picked up- it should be built around 17 May, and then who knows how long it will take for delivery..."
You might as well get used to it. Every day seems like a week. Info is SLOW coming and always "subject to change". Deysha should advise you that the factory has received your order and the status. Have u pm'd her?

Quick Reply: 2014 Ordered/Built/Delivered Thread