Hall Of Fame Homepage Journal Type & Other Threads of Merit By Admin Invitation Only
View Poll Results: Do you prefer us lobbing Potatoes or Grenades to take care of spammers?
Lob potatoes to just stun them
18.18%
Lob grenades and remove them from the TMS pool permanently
81.82%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Mustangs Coast to Coast

Search this Thread

Old 6/28/23, 07:07 AM
The Legacy TMS Lady

Received 187 Likes on 125 Posts
Originally Posted by svopaul
That's good news! Sorry she had to go through this. Crash safety has come a very long way.
I took a pic for you a while ago, but I'm sure you missed it, so here it is in case Mrs. Paul is homesick https://themustangsource.com/forums/...6/#post7074924

Originally Posted by Rather B.Blown
Saw a news story that Jimmie Johnson wasn't racing in the Chicago street race this weekend.

His wife's mother killed her husband, 11 yr old grandson and herself.
I heard that and it's just terribly sad news

I heard they were changing the rules for this race. Where you finish doesn't matter, driver and car with the least bullet holes wins.
Funny you should mention that. My stepdaughter's new boyfriend is a cop and over the weekend was showing us his dashcam footage of when he took 3 from and AK47 and had well over 100 bullet holes in his cruiser. He is absolutely lucky to be alive!! One to the arm, one went through the motor and firewall and through his kevlar vest into his chest, and the third shattered his lower leg. Three surgeries on his shattered leg and plenty of rehab and they wanted to retire him, but he was determined to get back on the force and so he is. It's a miracle he only took 3. He's a big boy at 6' 6" so he takes up a lot of space in the car! He wants the door to the car to save but they won't let him have it because it's in evidence for 99 years
Old 6/28/23, 07:11 AM
Administrator, Shop Manual PDF Poster, Parts Locator & Spam Bot Eliminator!!

Received 2,774 Likes on 2,054 Posts
So Sorry to Hear About Your Stepdaughters Boyfriend! If He Can't Have the Door Get a Good Pic and Have it Made into a Poster or Stand Up Cut Out!

KC
The following users liked this post:
08GTCandyApple (6/28/23)
Old 6/28/23, 07:13 AM
Service Manager

Received 442 Likes on 218 Posts
Originally Posted by 08GTCandyApple
I took a pic for you a while ago, but I'm sure you missed it, so here it is in case Mrs. Paul is homesick https://themustangsource.com/forums/...6/#post7074924
LOL, I did miss that...but she is not at all homesick...her parents moved down here 5 years ago as well and they don't miss it either. I do sometimes wonder if that '68 Cougar is still sitting in the driveway at that one intersection though...lol.

And Yeti is trying to move to Florida but her husband has enough issues to start his own library and can't commit to buying anything and when he does make an offer he low ***** them...so obviously that's going nowhere...lol.

Funny you should mention that. My stepdaughter's new boyfriend is a cop and over the weekend was showing us his dashcam footage of when he took 3 from and AK47 and had well over 100 bullet holes in his cruiser. He is absolutely lucky to be alive!! One to the arm, one went through the motor and firewall and through his kevlar vest into his chest, and the third shattered his lower leg. Three surgeries on his shattered leg and plenty of rehab and they wanted to retire him, but he was determined to get back on the force and so he is. It's a miracle he only took 3. He's a big boy at 6' 6" so he takes up a lot of space in the car! He wants the door to the car to save but they won't let him have it because it's in evidence for 99 years
Wow, he's lucky to be alive for sure! Where is he a cop? Baltimore?
Old 6/28/23, 07:19 AM
The Legacy TMS Lady

LOL, I did miss that...but she is not at all homesick...her parents moved down here 5 years ago as well and they don't miss it either. I do sometimes wonder if that '68 Cougar is still sitting in the driveway at that one intersection though...lol.

And Yeti is trying to move to Florida but her husband has enough issues to start his own library and can't commit to buying anything and when he does make an offer he low ***** them...so obviously that's going nowhere...lol.

Wow, he's lucky to be alive for sure! Where is he a cop? Baltimore?
I honestly am rarely ever in that area so I couldn't say. And Yeti moving to FL is better than AL, right?

He's in PG and frequently has to chase suspects into DC, lol
Old 6/28/23, 08:41 AM
Service Manager

I honestly am rarely ever in that area so I couldn't say. And Yeti moving to FL is better than AL, right?
She is not allowed in AL...and Florida is just lower New York so it's not like we are going near there...lol

He's in PG and frequently has to chase suspects into DC, lol
Ugh...Tell him to stay safe...That was a cesspool 25 years ago....I imagine it's far worse now. I remember back when DC was the murder capitol of the world, I could make it from the MD line to the VA line in Alexandria in 15 minutes flat(New York Ave to 9th to Constitution Ave and out!)...after all, there was no radar being run when they had so many murders to deal with...LOL.
Old 6/28/23, 10:55 AM
The Legacy TMS Lady

She is not allowed in AL...and Florida is just lower New York so it's not like we are going near there...lol

Ugh...Tell him to stay safe...That was a cesspool 25 years ago....I imagine it's far worse now. I remember back when DC was the murder capitol of the world, I could make it from the MD line to the VA line in Alexandria in 15 minutes flat(New York Ave to 9th to Constitution Ave and out!)...after all, there was no radar being run when they had so many murders to deal with...LOL.
DC is still really bad with murders. And he said that with the chasing, that the criminals hate when it's a PG cop chasing them because they don't quit and they are allowed to chase in DC because of . The DC cops don't chase them, lol.

One of my husband's buddies that he works with was speeding in DC and I think he was doing 13 over and they arrested him. It was like 4:30 in the morning and he was going to one of their jobs in his work truck. Something about the area where he was caught speeding has funky rules or something like that. I can't recall exactly what it was but I know he wasn't going that fast. Poor guy, cost him a crap-ton for an attorney and fees/fines.

Old 6/28/23, 12:37 PM
Service Manager

DC is still really bad with murders. And he said that with the chasing, that the criminals hate when it's a PG cop chasing them because they don't quit and they are allowed to chase in DC because of . The DC cops don't chase them, lol.

One of my husband's buddies that he works with was speeding in DC and I think he was doing 13 over and they arrested him. It was like 4:30 in the morning and he was going to one of their jobs in his work truck. Something about the area where he was caught speeding has funky rules or something like that. I can't recall exactly what it was but I know he wasn't going that fast. Poor guy, cost him a crap-ton for an attorney and fees/fines.
Here in Birmingham They will NOT chase anyone either...which is why we see stolen Dodges doing donuts in the street....seems like a stupid policy because the criminals know they won't chase you. I'm surprised that PG allows officers to chase into DC.
Old 6/28/23, 12:59 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Received 640 Likes on 463 Posts
Here in Birmingham They will NOT chase anyone either...which is why we see stolen Dodges doing donuts in the street....seems like a stupid policy because the criminals know they won't chase you. I'm surprised that PG allows officers to chase into DC.
Coming soon to Discovery - Street Outlaws: B'Ham Mayhem!
Old 6/28/23, 01:18 PM
Service Manager

Coming soon to Discovery - Street Outlaws: B'Ham Mayhem!
LOL...probably!
Old 6/28/23, 01:41 PM
THE RED FLASH ------ Master-Moderator

Received 2,109 Likes on 1,695 Posts
I'm actually stunned that the Chicago race wasn't postponed until after the investigation has been completed. At any rate, I don't blame Jimmy Johnson on withdrawing from the race either... Personally, IMHO both Detroit and Chicago have the highest homicide rates in the U.S!
Old 6/28/23, 01:56 PM
Service Manager

Originally Posted by m05fastbackGT
I'm actually stunned that the Chicago race wasn't postponed until after the investigation has been completed. At any rate, I don't blame Jimmy Johnson on withdrawing from the race either... Personally, IMHO both Detroit and Chicago have the highest homicide rates in the U.S!
Have you been to Baltimore in the past few years?!? LOL
Stage_3 (6/28/23)
Old 6/28/23, 02:15 PM

Have you been to Baltimore in the past few years?!? LOL
Last time I was anywhere in the state of Maryland was over 56 years ago... Haven't been there since then! LOL.
Stage_3 (6/28/23)
Old 6/28/23, 02:22 PM
Service Manager

Last time I was anywhere in the state of Maryland was over 56 years ago... Haven't been there since then! LOL.
I left 21 years ago now and I've been back a few times but all my friends steer clear of Baltimore, Dems have successfully ruined another city. I think it was less than 2 years ago that a police officer was car jacked out of his own police cruiser!
Stage_3 (6/28/23)
Old 6/28/23, 03:05 PM

Couldn't agree more on the Dems successfully ruining city after city... Whoever thought the day would come to where police officers are being ambushed randomly on nearly a daily basis in the U.S. Just another fine example of how dangerous it's becoming just to survive anymore from day to day!
NC14GT (6/30/23)
Old 6/28/23, 03:25 PM
Service Manager

Couldn't agree more on the Dems successfully ruining city after city... Whoever thought the day would come to where police officers are being ambushed randomly on nearly a daily basis in the U.S. Just another fine example of how dangerous it's becoming just to survive anymore from day to day!
I have a bunch of LEO friends and it's ridiculous what they have to go through now. I have one friend who just retired and said he couldn't put up with it anymore...when they tell you that you have to be sensitive to their feelings and nonsense like that. If you just robbed someone then the hell with your "feelings". The change in forcing officers to tip toe is just making things worse because the criminals no longer fear the police...they know there are no real penalties for stealing a car and they'll be out in an hour or two.
The following 2 users liked this post by svopaul:
08GTCandyApple (6/30/23), NC14GT (6/29/23)
Old 6/28/23, 07:21 PM

I have a bunch of LEO friends and it's ridiculous what they have to go through now. I have one friend who just retired and said he couldn't put up with it anymore...when they tell you that you have to be sensitive to their feelings and nonsense like that. If you just robbed someone then the hell with your "feelings". The change in forcing officers to tip toe is just making things worse because the criminals no longer fear the police...they know there are no real penalties for stealing a car and they'll be out in an hour or two.
Exactly 100% spot on... Unless the criminals are charged with more serious violent crimes, such as murder and rape, they know there are no real penalties for non-violent crimes like stealing a car or for vandalism, they'll be released on bail within one to two hours, mostly due from jail overcrowding.
08GTCandyApple (6/30/23)
Old 6/29/23, 06:51 AM
Legacy TMS Member Moderator

Received 531 Likes on 231 Posts
Originally Posted by 05stangkc
Honestly, I am Concerned about Gunplay At this Event!
KC
Am encouraged that NASCAR ruled Bloods or Crips can't sponsor a car.
Old 6/29/23, 06:53 AM
Service Manager

Originally Posted by HoosierDaddy
Am encouraged that NASCAR ruled Bloods or Crips can't sponsor a car.
I wonder if gun manufacturers can??
Old 6/29/23, 07:18 AM
2013 RR Boss 302 #2342

Received 2,235 Likes on 1,666 Posts
I wonder if gun manufacturers can??
My money's on Beretta...
Stage_3 (6/29/23)
Old 6/29/23, 07:30 AM
Service Manager

Originally Posted by Mustang Freak
My money's on Beretta...
I was thinking Glock...lol
The following 2 users liked this post by svopaul:
m05fastbackGT (6/29/23), Stage_3 (6/29/23)

Quick Reply: Mustangs Coast to Coast