Hall Of Fame Homepage Journal Type & Other Threads of Merit By Admin Invitation Only
View Poll Results: Do you prefer us lobbing Potatoes or Grenades to take care of spammers?
Lob potatoes to just stun them
11.11%
Lob grenades and remove them from the TMS pool permanently
88.89%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Mustangs Coast to Coast

Search this Thread

Old 5/21/23, 01:51 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 551 Likes on 357 Posts
Originally Posted by Mustang Freak
I hear you Lee per my credit reports my credit is better than 99% of people and I couldn't get a loan because I didn't own anything!
I went through that after the Wife and I got together and I Sold my house. My 87 F250 did not count as anything

Originally Posted by Rather B.Blown
Messed up world we're living in. You grow up like we did being taught that if you do the right thing, be responsible, be fiscally responsible, save, invest, etc that you'll be better off in the future.

We do all that, and now we're penalized and shamed and demanded to pay more than the ones that did the exact opposite to help them out.

Eff that. I'm building a bunker .

If I can get a loan.
Remember Gunite is better than poured Concrete, takes a thinner wall to keep the same amount of Idiots out
Old 5/21/23, 01:52 PM
2013 RR Boss 302 #2342

Received 2,179 Likes on 1,626 Posts
Originally Posted by Siber Express
I went through that after the Wife and I got together and I Sold my house. My 87 F250 did not count as anything
Yep owning my Boss didn't mean anything either!
Old 5/21/23, 02:00 PM
THE RED FLASH ------Moderator

Received 1,980 Likes on 1,604 Posts
So if those who have poor credit ratings can get better credit rates than those of us who worked their butts off throughout their lives to establish excellent credit, then what good is it really for anymore.
The following users liked this post:
Stage_3 (5/22/23)
Old 5/21/23, 03:13 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Received 600 Likes on 431 Posts
Originally Posted by 05stangkc
I will Give You Credit for Being Funny and a Credit For Being a Great TMS Member!

KC
I appreciate it, but I don't think that will build a bunker, lol. I'm pretty sure I can afford to build it without a loan, I just don't want the government to know I can

Originally Posted by Siber Express

Remember Gunite is better than poured Concrete, takes a thinner wall to keep the same amount of Idiots out
Hadn't thought about that. My pool is gunite, maybe I should drain it and cover the top lol.

Hh

Originally Posted by m05fastbackGT
So if those who have poor credit ratings can get better credit rates than those of us who worked their butts off throughout their lives to establish excellent credit, then what good is it really for anymore.
Makes no sense to me at all, the world is upside down. Only reason I give a crap about credit score is because EVERYONE wants to base things on your credit score. I don't need credit, I don't need to finance anything, I can pay for what I want. But somehow this stupid number is the most important thing anyone looks at.

Heard a guy I know talking about it a while back. Said he could write a check for a 100 unit apartment complex nearby right now, but if he wanted to rent an apartment there he couldn't because he has no credit score because he hasn't borrowed anything or had credit cards in 2 decades. Only thing they look at is credit score on the application.
The following 3 users liked this post by Rather B.Blown:
m05fastbackGT (5/22/23), Siber Express (5/21/23), Stage_3 (5/22/23)
Old 5/22/23, 02:04 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Received 1,682 Likes on 1,201 Posts
Exactly Rocky!!!
It's a total slap in the face.
m05fastbackGT (5/22/23)
Old 5/22/23, 03:15 PM

I appreciate it, but I don't think that will build a bunker, lol. I'm pretty sure I can afford to build it without a loan, I just don't want the government to know I can

Hadn't thought about that. My pool is gunite, maybe I should drain it and cover the top lol.

Hh

Makes no sense to me at all, the world is upside down. Only reason I give a crap about credit score is because EVERYONE wants to base things on your credit score. I don't need credit, I don't need to finance anything, I can pay for what I want. But somehow this stupid number is the most important thing anyone looks at.

Heard a guy I know talking about it a while back. Said he could write a check for a 100 unit apartment complex nearby right now, but if he wanted to rent an apartment there he couldn't because he has no credit score because he hasn't borrowed anything or had credit cards in 2 decades. Only thing they look at is credit score on the application.
Nothing in today's world makes any sense IMO Lee! It's seems like the middle class doesn't even exist anymore... No matter how hard you work to establish your good credit, your reward is now being punished for it by getting screwed over by the financial institutions.... Seems as though unless you're making over 75k per year minimum, it's nearly impossible to afford the cost of living, despite having an excellent credit rating... It's just as the saying goes, everything else goes up except for your income...

Originally Posted by Stage_3
Exactly Rocky!!!
It's a total slap in the face.
It sure is a slap in the face Tony! Perhaps I'd be much better off letting my credit go all to hell and then declare bankruptcy
Stage_3 (5/23/23)
Old 5/22/23, 04:51 PM
2013 RR Boss 302 #2342

Nothing in today's world makes any sense IMO Lee! It's seems like the middle class doesn't even exist anymore... No matter how hard you work to establish your good credit, your reward is now being punished for it by getting screwed over by the financial institutions.... Seems as though unless you're making over 75k per year minimum, it's nearly impossible to afford the cost of living, despite having an excellent credit rating... It's just as the saying goes, everything else goes up except for your income... It sure is a slap in the face Tony! Perhaps I'd be much better off letting my credit go all to hell and then declare bankruptcy
So spot on and just plain shameful!!!
Old 5/23/23, 01:45 PM

So spot on and just plain shameful!!!
Unfortunately, it appears sad, but true!
Old 5/24/23, 12:07 PM
The Legacy TMS Lady

Received 174 Likes on 117 Posts
I really love karma.....when it circles back to someone else! When it comes back around to bite me on the ****...............not so much. To cut a long story short, I joked all last week with my boss that I was going to be out sick Friday with "bronchitis" since I was picking the Bronco up and took the day off. I rarely ever use a sick day. If I call in sick, you **** well know I'm sick. So what happens? I started getting sick Sunday night and I'm finally back to work today I probably shouldn't be here today but nobody else is going to do my work. Rant over :/
Old 5/24/23, 12:31 PM
2013 RR Boss 302 #2342

Karma can be a real bvtch!!! Been there got the T-shirt!!! Hope you feel better soon!
Short Karma story:
Was at the Dover NASCAR race years ago. I was sporting a #28/#88 shirt. Right out of the gate the #3 had mechanical problems and was getting lapped every 20 laps into the race which was very much to my liking (can't stand #3). My boys dominated 1-2 ALL race only with both to individually crash out with 40 and then 20 laps to go right in front of me. AND finish lower than #3!!! KARMA
Old 5/24/23, 12:49 PM
The Legacy TMS Lady

Karma can be a real bvtch!!! Been there got the T-shirt!!! Hope you feel better soon!
Short Karma story:
Was at the Dover NASCAR race years ago. I was sporting a #28/#88 shirt. Right out of the gate the #3 had mechanical problems and was getting lapped every 20 laps into the race which was very much to my liking (can't stand #3). My boys dominated 1-2 ALL race only with both to individually crash out with 40 and then 20 laps to go right in front of me. AND finish lower than #3!!! KARMA
But at least it didn't happen directly to you! Reminds me of, I think it was Darlington a couple of weeks ago when Larson and Chastain wrecked at the end, and there was a couple in the stands they kept showing because each rooted for one of them and as soon as they wrecked, you could read the woman's lips saying she was ready to go home now, lol. And what shirt do you wear now? I'm in the #22
Old 5/24/23, 01:08 PM
2013 RR Boss 302 #2342

Originally Posted by 08GTCandyApple
But at least it didn't happen directly to you! Reminds me of, I think it was Darlington a couple of weeks ago when Larson and Chastain wrecked at the end, and there was a couple in the stands they kept showing because each rooted for one of them and as soon as they wrecked, you could read the woman's lips saying she was ready to go home now, lol. And what shirt do you wear now? I'm in the #22
Well I was acting like a giant jack wad at #3's misfortune so yeah I got it back eventually. Yep 2's are wild for me 2, 12 & 22 but I'm a Joey fan!

Last edited by Mustang Freak; 5/24/23 at 01:09 PM.
Old 5/24/23, 03:57 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Received 1,682 Likes on 1,201 Posts
I really love karma.....when it circles back to someone else! When it comes back around to bite me on the ****...............not so much. To cut a long story short, I joked all last week with my boss that I was going to be out sick Friday with "bronchitis" since I was picking the Bronco up and took the day off. I rarely ever use a sick day. If I call in sick, you **** well know I'm sick. So what happens? I started getting sick Sunday night and I'm finally back to work today I probably shouldn't be here today but nobody else is going to do my work. Rant over :/
That sucks.
I hope you feel better real soon!
Old 5/24/23, 04:04 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Short Karma story:
Davey Allison and Dale Jarrett? Those were my guys after Elliott went to a Dodge.

I saw that, it was funny as hell watching them.

12 now for me.

Well I was acting like a giant jack wad at #3's misfortune so yeah I got it back eventually. Yep 2's are wild for me 2, 12 & 22 but I'm a Joey fan!
12 for me, but I'm pulling for any of the fords after him. 2, 22, 6, 4, 14, 10, etc.
Old 5/24/23, 05:55 PM
The Legacy TMS Lady

My husband usually wears either 4 or 12, but he really likes Cindric too.

Originally Posted by Stage_3
That sucks.
I hope you feel better real soon!
I’m feeling a bit better, thanks!

Davey Allison and Dale Jarrett? Those were my guys after Elliott went to a Dodge.

I saw that, it was funny as hell watching them.

12 now for me.

12 for me, but I'm pulling for any of the fords after him. 2, 22, 6, 4, 14, 10, etc.
Either of you ever play Bowyer’s Fox Bet? It’s gotten so much harder and is really all about guessing anymore. But we all have fun challenging our friends with it. I think the most points I’ve ever had was 14 out of 26, lol.
Stage_3 (5/25/23)
Old 5/24/23, 06:49 PM
2013 RR Boss 302 #2342

Davey Allison and Dale Jarrett? Those were my guys after Elliott went to a Dodge.I saw that, it was funny as hell watching them.

12 now for me.12 for me, but I'm pulling for any of the fords after him. 2, 22, 6, 4, 14, 10, etc.
I was a HUGE Bobby Allison fan and then became a Davey fan. But unfortunately this was after Davey's death!!! It was Ernie Irvan and Jarrett on that karma day. I believe Ricky Rudd won that race.

Last edited by Mustang Freak; 5/24/23 at 06:50 PM.
Old 5/25/23, 02:20 PM

Trust me! You're not alone, as I'm quite certain that all of us have been guilty of calling off sick from work when we really were not... I remember very fondly of using one of my sick days back in the early 90's just to attend a Pittsburgh Pirates game... Less than 2 days later karma came back with a vengeance to bite me in the butt with a stomach virus... Moral of this story, things could have been much worse if my boss had also been in attendance and possibly ran into me during the game lol.
Old 5/25/23, 02:54 PM
Administrator, Shop Manual PDF Poster, Parts Locator & Spam Bot Eliminator!!

Received 2,572 Likes on 1,902 Posts
You Want Karma, I Had an Employee Call in Sick on a Friday! Got a Call Monday He Broke His Neck Riding Atv's! He Recovered but it was Many Months and I Had to Replace Him!

KC
Old 5/29/23, 07:08 PM
The Legacy TMS Lady

Eek!
The following 2 users liked this post by 08GTCandyApple:
m05fastbackGT (5/30/23), Stage_3 (5/30/23)
Old 5/29/23, 08:25 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Trust me! You're not alone, as I'm quite certain that all of us have been guilty of calling off sick from work when we really were not... I remember very fondly of using one of my sick days back in the early 90's just to attend a Pittsburgh Pirates game... Less than 2 days later karma came back with a vengeance to bite me in the butt with a stomach virus... Moral of this story, things could have been much worse if my boss had also been in attendance and possibly ran into me during the game lol.
Like Seinfeld when Elaine got tickets for a Yankee game from her boss and wore an orioles hat and got kicked out on TV, lol.

Eek!
Yeah, not a good day, lol. I almost got a blown fox body buried driving on the beach in Daytona back in the wild days of late 80s early 90s. Idiot. I went to do a u turn and got in the soft stuff, lotta HP, wheel speed and quick throttle and clutch skills were the only thing that kept it from being buried to the quarter panels .
m05fastbackGT (5/30/23)

Quick Reply: Mustangs Coast to Coast